Steam Deal Thread V1 - Thread closed. See V2 thread for the deals!

Status
Not open for further replies.

eastx

CAGiversary!
Feedback
92 (100%)
Welcome to the Steam deal thread V1! Read post # 2 for Steam FAQs and more.

This thread is no longer being updated. Please visit the V2 thread for Steam deal discussion. Thanks to everyone who made this thread a success.

Group Buys - Updated 05/20

Several multiplayer Steam games are available in 2-packs or 4-packs. These packs offer a discount over buying multiple copies of a game separately. We also maintain group buy trade threads for several games, so please use those threads if you're interested in setting up a group buy.

Free Stuff
There are several free games and mods on Steam. These are a few choice ones; you can find a full list here. Note that free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.
Past Special Sales
Visit www.steamgamesales.com to check previous sale prices on Steam games. We do keep track of some older sales here though:

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='wilflare']audiosurf any good?[/QUOTE]

It's a love-it-or-hate-it game. Me personally, I hated it and I wish I had my $2.50 back.

Once you get past the novelty of seeing your music turned into a racing track, the game is useless. It's just a run-of-the-mill match-3 game. You might as well be playing Bejeweled.

However, I know plenty of people who love it. They mostly love the opportunity to enjoy two things they love at the same time; their music and their games. (Although, this wouldn't be much of a game without their music, but I digress.) Maybe you'll be one of these people who love the game.

But - why even ask? There is a demo available on Steam that you can download in 5 minutes and find out for yourself if it's worth your $1.49. If nothing else, you can get a quick Summer Camp ticket from it.

For $1.49, it's hard to go wrong. But that is $1.49 you could instead buy Flight Control HD, or RUSH, and you might enjoy those more. Good luck.

[quote name='eth3real']hoping for dawn of war to come on sale.[/QUOTE]
Actually I would love that. It they can sub $10 it. I would be in for future use.

[quote name='cdancause']Fallout GOTY is showing as 66% off now.[/QUOTE]

Great news. That's one of the items on my wishlist.

Thanks for the heads up.

Quick question. Never played a C&C game. I got Tiberium Wars and Red Alert 3. Should I pick the expansions as well or just wait for now and see if I like the base games?

[quote name='cdancause']Fallout GOTY is showing as 66% off now.[/QUOTE]That's 20 cents more than the D2D version was selling for yesterday! NO DEAL!!!!!!

j/k

If there's none of the questions about using mods with this version like the D2D had, I'm on this even though I've already got vanilla FO3 and 4 of the DLCs still sealed.

[quote name='cdancause']Fallout GOTY is showing as 66% off now.[/QUOTE]

Sigh, if that's pre daily deal, I'm double dipping and selling my discs. Even if that's the final price, I'm still buying.

Amnesia and Mafia II on sale for $4.99 and $7.49 respectively.
MASS EFFECT 2 for $6.80. basically if you've never played it and don't have it and liked Star Wars KOTOR or similar - you have a no brainer.
Tons of cheap Splinter Cell Games.

visUF.jpg

Ok this thread is a good luck charm. Hoped for Quake pack sub $10 yesterday. It was on the sale.

Hoped for a sub $10 Amnesia today. It's fucking there.

Holy shit.

In for Amnesia and that Total War Set.

Weird. I refreshed a couple of times and Dirt 3 appeared for $33.49 and the order of the others shuffled a bit.

I've already got it on Xbox and it's hella harder than Dirt 2 was for me.

Finally, I get a day off. The only one there that I don't already have that I'd be interested in is RF:A, but it's too rich for my blood.

[quote name='keroppilee']DOH no terraria today...wait for the last two chances at a daily deal or buy now and play on the weekend....[/QUOTE]

just buy terraria man. Its a lot of fun and totally worth it at 7.50.

[quote name='keroppilee']DOH no terraria today...wait for the last two chances at a daily deal or buy now and play on the weekend....[/QUOTE]

Yeah....still waiting on Terraria here. I have plenty to play though. So I can wait.

[quote name='Magicman103']just buy terraria man. Its a lot of fun and totally worth it at 7.50.[/QUOTE]

That's not the way to go. Wait until the last day and THEN if it's not a daily deal, buy it.

If I've already put near 80 hours into Fallout 3 and beat all the DLC on Xbox360, should I purchase it on Steam? If there are mods that change it up enough I might want to replay it all.

[quote name='The End']Any thoughts on Universe Sandbox?[/QUOTE]I own it. Lets put it this way, if you like watching tv shows about space/planets then you will like this. It's basically a lets create a solar system and simulate things happening like they would for real.

You will either find it super fun or super boring.

Universe Sandbox is a great little app (not a game). If you're into simulations, and have ever ask things like "what would happen if Earth was the same size as the sun?" or "what if Andromeda and the Milky Way smashed into each other?" -- you can make it happen, and watch the chaos that results.

The devs support the game and just added a few new features- like the ability to turn objects into black holes! (not as catastrophic as it is portrayed in movies, but very cool)

Disappointed the Splinter Cell games were only 66% off instead of 75, also wished there was a Mafia pack at more of a discount.. Less money for me to spend though I guess.

The only Splinter Cell game I've ever played is Conviction, which I enjoyed a bit. I'm going to get Chaos Theory, based on all the feedback I've read here. Seems more "stealthy", gonna give it a try.

Question is, should I get the Insurgency Pack for Conviction? I did not play Deniable Ops and do not play coop. Is it worth it for solo play?

I was hoping they would match D2D's $5 price from a week ago for mass effect 2.

Any opinions on if it's worth it to import a mass effect 1 save into mass effect 2? I lost my ME1 save file and don't know if it's worth it to play through it again before I jump into ME2.

So fallout 3 is tempting me, Amnesia is tempting me even though I have it on onlive, Last remnant is tempting me, and Universal sandbox is tempting me. There is only three days left. :( why you betray me steam.

[quote name='cmackchase']Is anyone else having issues with trying to click on mass effect 2?[/QUOTE]

yeah, it just brings you back to the main page. :cry:

[quote name='toldawg128']Sorry if this has been answered already, but can you get the prize booth DLC if you don't already own the game it's for?[/QUOTE]

Yes you can.

[quote name='utopianmachine']Any opinions on The Last Remnant?[/QUOTE]

It is pretty good and one of the few JRPGs that is on the PC. Of course it is terribly overpriced considering how old it is. I would say $9.99 is a great price if you like games like Final Fantasy and you don't own a console, otherwise pass.

I'm guessing Terraria won't be a daily deal. It's been such a popular game and is still relatively new so they don't need to lower the price drastically.

Interested in Fallout 3 GOTY and Universe Sandbox, but by the time I actually get around to playing them they'll be cheaper, so I'll wait.
Everything on my wishlist except Terraria has been a daily deal thus far, so I guess I'm about done.

[quote name='utopianmachine']Any opinions on The Last Remnant?[/QUOTE]
Well it's a JRPG. It's not your traditional JRPG turned based system. (I forgot exactly how it works since it's been over a year), but it's decent for $10. I know you been looking for more traditional JRPG games and this is the closest you might find on Steam.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back