Steam Deal Thread V1 - Thread closed. See V2 thread for the deals!

Status
Not open for further replies.

eastx

CAGiversary!
Feedback
92 (100%)
Welcome to the Steam deal thread V1! Read post # 2 for Steam FAQs and more.

This thread is no longer being updated. Please visit the V2 thread for Steam deal discussion. Thanks to everyone who made this thread a success.

Group Buys - Updated 05/20

Several multiplayer Steam games are available in 2-packs or 4-packs. These packs offer a discount over buying multiple copies of a game separately. We also maintain group buy trade threads for several games, so please use those threads if you're interested in setting up a group buy.

Free Stuff
There are several free games and mods on Steam. These are a few choice ones; you can find a full list here. Note that free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.
Past Special Sales
Visit www.steamgamesales.com to check previous sale prices on Steam games. We do keep track of some older sales here though:

Last edited by a moderator:
Pretty light by comparison
Bully and Trine for $6
Deus Ex: GOTY $2.50, one I've heard about and always wanted to try, there is a mod out there which can really pretty it up which I intend to do.
Just Cause 2 + all the DLC (since it's only 50 cents each) and Star Wars: KOTOR $9.50.
Hitman: Blood Money and Sam and Max complete for $15.
So total around $33

I'm having a blast with JC2 at the moment, runs really well and some of the various convenience, non-cheat mods (remove black market cutscene, disable camera auto-snapping into place on vehicles, parachute thruster as default, etc.) make it a lot less cluttered to play compared to the demo of the game on console.

Blood Money I've played before for PS2 but it will be nice to revisit it ahead of Hitman: absolution.

[quote name='Phasher99']Damn, Hinterland is good burst fun.[/QUOTE]

How resource gathering/management heavy is it? I was going to buy it but anything too close to a classic RTS and I get bored fast.

[quote name='utopianmachine']It does seem like there's a bit of a bite in here today.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='unopepito06']Wow, this thread has taken a strange turn.
[/QUOTE]

Steam Sale Hangover.

[quote name='Spokker']I bought Railworks and all DLC at full price ironically. Bow to my Steam greatness. Daily deals and front pages? Only for the poor uneducated gamers.[/QUOTE]
Forgive me, I do find that rather funny; Railworks is so expensive, but I understand there's an appeal/market for it.

I must say, though, this is not the CAG from a year or two ago. When did we all devolve into basic-level Internet Children? Show some respect, and stop judging by which "Indie" games are purchased. That's just silly and undermining the entire reason we play games and support our fellow man.

[quote name='Narcisstalker']How resource gathering/management heavy is it? I was going to buy it but anything too close to a classic RTS and I get bored fast.[/QUOTE]

It's kind of no where near an RTS, more like light management stuff. Nothing you have to "gather," you just produce food to sustain your town and generate gold and spend it to build/hire more people for your town. Then you go off adventuring and looting enemies and capturing territory, allowing you to settle new people into your town. I've only played a short game (its kind of like a sandbox game) and it took a bit over an hour to finish. There's no story line or campaign or anything, so probably not worth a regular 20$ price (when it first came out I think) - but great for the price when it was on sale.

Oh apparently there's a demo you can give it a try here: http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1172327
And there's also a video on Youtube that shows some gameplay footage: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ee5duyhskU

[quote name='ZForce915']Some of you guys are justifying my blanket statement that PC gamers are just the WORST. (Yes I'm aware that having recently started to buy some PC games that technically I am also a PC gamer :))

What's with the pointless elitism in this thread? And "post your haul" posts are meaningless. Hey you know those games that were on sale and we all talked about to death?

Yeah?

I bought some of those![/QUOTE]

Welcome to CAG! Check just about every sale thread in the Video Game Deals forum - Blockbuster/GameRush, Target Clearance, GoHastings, GameStop, etc. EVERYONE always posts what they get because it helps other CAGs find deals & new games they may not have known about or tried. It and also helps promotes topics of interest, helps CAGs find new gaming buddies, and simply keeps the experience going.

If I was a CAG that never told anyone about what I got, I'd be a Cheap Ass Horder. Being a CAG is not only about finding deals and playing games, it's about sharing that experience with your fellow CAGs as well.

So don't hate ... or troll for that matter.

EDIT: Sorry for the double post.

[quote name='EliotAndrews']Forgive me, I do find that rather funny; Railworks is so expensive, but I understand there's an appeal/market for it.

I must say, though, this is not the CAG from a year or two ago. When did we all devolve into basic-level Internet Children? Show some respect, and stop judging by which "Indie" games are purchased. That's just silly and undermining the entire reason we play games and support our fellow man.[/QUOTE]

I blame this Steam thread. Or credit it, ha ha.

I'd prefer going back to the one-game-one-thread method. You know, the way 98% of this site works. Save these collective threads for the big sales. That worked in the past, but this thread was birthed by EastX during the last Thanksgiving sale, and continued thereafter with about 65% approval and never quit. Even though EastX has pretty much left the building.

By concentrating all of CAGs PC community into a single thread (because, really, Steam deals constitute about 80% of the PC gaming deals), we were bound to exhibit a bit more familiarity with each other. BOOM: Instant sub-community, born of humanity soup. With all the charm and grace of every other internet forum. i.e., squabbles, and now trolls, or at least troll-accusations. (Anse, although crass and boorish, technically isn't trolling. More like stirring the pot.)

Admittedly, I kind of like reading the personalities in here. However, the time requirement has become a large chunk of my day. I used to visit CAG three times a day for about 5 minutes each to get caught up. Now it takes about 30-45 minutes a day to participate in this thread (more during the big sales!), primarily because the games aren't in the title, and the top post isn't updated as often as people post deals they find back here in real time. 45 minutes isn't the end of me, but it's time I could spend gaming. ;)

Unfortunately, attempts to start new threads for Steam sales get shot down. I have no alternative solution.

/soapbox

I've gotta say that my favorite purchased game during this sale is Empire Total War/Napoleon Total War pack.

I've pumped nearly 24 hours into Empire since Saturday...

I ended up dropping about $280 in total. About $100 of that was in gifts to friends though. I like sharing the joy of good games with my pals. :)

Dropped my list in a spoiler below. Overall a good sale! Now to hide my wallet and work on the backlog until winter.

Eets
Solar 2
Total War: Shogun 2 + Ikko Ikki Clan DLC
Dirt 3
Dwarfs!?
Anomaly: Warzone Earth
Just Cause 2 DLC
Shatter
Rome Total War: Complete
Zen Bound 2
X3: Gold
Terraria
Paradox Fantasy Pack (Majesty, Majesty 2 + all 4 Elven Legacy Games)
Command and Conquer - Red Alert 3
Tomb Raider Anniversary
Lara Croft GOL + DLC
Sanctum
Killing Floor - Outbreak and Nightfall Character Packs
Killing Floor
Jamestown
Batman: Arkham Asylum GOTY
STALKER Clear Sky
STALKER: Call of Pripyat
Nation Red
Monday Night Combat
Civ V Denmark and Explorers Combo Pack
King Arthur Collection
AI War Bundle
Beat Hazard - Ultra
Frozen Synapse
Fallout New Vegas - Honest Hearts
Fallout New Vegas - Dead Money
Serious Sam Gold Pack
Doom Pack
Defense Grid: The Awakening
Darksiders
Magicka DLC
Hamilton's Great Adventure
Heroes of Might and Magic V Pack
SpaceChem
The Mawesome Pack
The Oddboxx
Oblivion - Game of the Year Deluxe
Bit.Trip Runner

[quote name='Spokker']Did you buy Cities in Motion? No? Step out of your comfort zone. Perhaps you could become as big of a giant elitist gaming $$$ as I am.

I bought Railworks and all DLC at full price ironically. Bow to my Steam greatness. Daily deals and front pages? Only for the poor uneducated gamers.[/QUOTE]

Honestly, I hadn't heard of it. But for all your sass, I do appreciate you bringing it up. I'll look into it. Thanks!

[quote name='fortunado']Indie games wouldn't be indie games if everyone bought them; they would be Angry Birds.[/QUOTE]

I just have to say that made me burst out laughing. Good job.

[quote name='gcorlett']With all the charm and grace of every other internet forum. i.e., squabbles, and now trolls, or at least troll-accusations. (Anse, although crass and boorish, technically isn't trolling. More like stirring the pot.)[/QUOTE]

Uh oh! I've been found out!

EXIT: STAGE LEFT!

But before I go, I just want to add that I seriously don't dislike anyone here. I enjoyed the hell out of this thread and it's events like this that bring communities together. It was a pleasure and I can't wait to do it again this winter.

I just think it's a shame that people necessarily weren't willing to look at games past the daily deals and I wanted to point that out in as, as you put it, crass and boorish a manner as I could.

Most people tend to end up being turned off by that kind of behavior and resort to spite, but at the end of the day, there will be people who think, maybe this guy has a point and if they try out something I mentioned and give it a go, well, that's how word of mouth starts.

Adios Steam thread. I'm gone.

I wont buy artsy crap made by pretentious jackknobs that only drink in coffee houses and think that their games are somehow better because they don't listen to the "man" in how their games should be made.

If that makes me a bad person I'm happy to be one

Went a little over what I planned... :lol:

Total Spent----$210.10
83 Games----$200.20----$2.41 AVG
10 Separate DLC----$9.90----$0.99 AVG

All in all I think I did really good based on my averages. I cant see the Winter Sale being this big of hit since I practically have everything I want now since this was added to a large backlog! :hot:

Assassin's Creed Collector Pack $27.19
----Assassin's Creed: Directors Cut
----Assassin's Creed 2: Deluxe Edition
----Assassin's Creed Brotherhood: Deluxe Edition
Atom Zombie Smasher $0.00 Gift
Caster $1.00
Empire & Napolean: Total War GOTY $10.19
----Empire: Total War (complete)
----Napoleon: Total War (complete)
Fallout: NV Dead Money DLC $2.99
Fallout: NV Honest Hearts DLC $2.99
Frozen Synapse $6.25
Garry's Mod $2.49
Garshasp $0.00 Gift
Guns of Icarus $1.25
Heroes V Pack $4.99
----Dark Messiah Might and Magic
----Heroes of Might and Magic V
----Heroes of Might and Magic V: Hammers of Fate
----Heroes of Might and Magic V: Tribes of the East
Hinterland $2.49
Hoard $2.25
Just Cause $3.74
Just Cause 2 DLC (All 7) $2.23
Killing Floor $4.02
Longest Journey + Dreamfall Pack $6.24
Mafia $2.49
Magicka - Base Game $2.50
Magicka: Vietnam DLC $1.69 Amazon
MAWsome Pack $2.99
Monday Night Combat $2.81
Mount & Blade: With Fire & Sword $3.74
Oddboxxx $5.09
----Oddworld: Abe's Exodus
----Oddworld: Abe's Oddysee
----Oddworld: Munch's Oddysee
----Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath
Penny Arcade Adventures Pack $1.80
----On the Rain-Slick Precipice of Darkness: Ep 1
----On the Rain-Slick Precipice of Darkness: Ep 2
Prince of Persia: 2008 $4.99
Prince of Persia: Two Thrones $2.49
Prince of Persia: Warrior Within $2.49
Sanctum $2.47
Singularity $7.49
Splinter Cell Collector Pack $18.68
----Splinter Cell
----Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory
----Splinter Cell: Double Agent
----Splinter Cell: Conviction Deluxe Edition w/ Insurgency Pack
S.T.A.L.K.E.R: Clear Sky $2.49
Star Wars: Battlefront II $2.49
Star Wars: Empire at War Gold $4.99
TellTales Complete Pack $49.99
----Back to the Future: Ep 1-5
----Bone: Ep 1-2
----Hector: Ep 1
----Poker Night at the Inventory
----Puzzle Agent 2
----Sam & Max Season 1: Ep 1-6
----Sam & Max Season 2: Ep 1-5
----Sam & Max Devil's Playhouse: Ep 1-5
----Strong Bad: Ep 1-5
----Telltale Texas Hold'Em
----Wallace & Gromit: Ep 1-4
Terraria $1.87
X3: Gold $6.24
----X3: Reunion
----X3: Terrain Conflict

[quote name='fortunado']Indie games wouldn't be indie games if everyone bought them; they would be Angry Birds.[/QUOTE]

That depends entirely how we define Indie.

Indie merely means independent, which suggests the game was created outside of the established studio system. In technical terms, Angry Birds is and always will be an indie game. In the same vein, Gone with the Wind is an independent film, as David O. Selznick produced it outside of the major studios.

I think we're discussing Indie gaming on a more aesthetic and social level, however, which is an entirely different conversation, and one that I honestly don't much care having.

[quote name='Ardrid']Post your hauls are done after the sale is over. It (should) accomplishes two things:

1. Shows others what games you thought were interesting/worth picking up.

2. Continues the topic by opening discussion on said games you picked up.[/QUOTE]

Additionally, I've been curious to see which prizes people thought worth spending their tickets on.

[quote name='Ansé Solis']Uh oh! I've been found out!

EXIT: STAGE LEFT!

But before I go, I just want to add that I seriously don't dislike anyone here. I enjoyed the hell out of this thread and it's events like this that bring communities together. It was a pleasure and I can't wait to do it again this winter.

I just think it's a shame that people necessarily weren't willing to look at games past the daily deals and I wanted to point that out in as, as you put it, crass and boorish a manner as I could.

Most people tend to end up being turned off by that kind of behavior and resort to spite, but at the end of the day, there will be people who think, maybe this guy has a point and if they try out something I mentioned and give it a go, well, that's how word of mouth starts.

Adios Steam thread. I'm gone.[/QUOTE]

Like I said, your enthusiasm got the better of you, and you came off poorly, especially with you assuming no one else looked around just because they might not have bought. I spent a LOT of time looking around, as I do every sale.

At any rate, it's far more helpful if, when you want to suggest a purchase, you say, "hey guys, have you tried out XYZ? It's pretty cool. blah blah blah"

[quote name='Jaysonguy']I wont buy artsy crap made by pretentious jackknobs that only drink in coffee houses and think that their games are somehow better because they don't listen to the "man" in how their games should be made.

If that makes me a bad person I'm happy to be one[/QUOTE]

Nah, that doesn't make you a bad person. Some of your other habits, on the other hand... ;)

I enjoy seeing "post your haul" lists when they are posted before the sale ends (afterwards, I'm indifferent). It highlights games that I may otherwise never even know about, simply because there is too much junk to browse through manually. I usually pick up a few that I've never heard of before this way during each sale.

And I feel that there's nothing wrong with almost exclusively buying daily deals. Games on Steam don't have an expiration date; they'll most likely be on sale the next time around. If someone decides not to check out other deals this sale, they can check them out during the next sale (or pass again). Buying from daily deals is like using Cliff's Notes for Steam: You won't see everything, you may even miss out on something good. But you will get a decent sampler of what's offered for very little time invested.

After seeing people post the average price of their hauls, I thought I'd take a look at mine:

Total Games: 62
Total Cost: $118.79
Average Cost: $1.95

If I count the Tell Tale Games episodes as individual games, that drives my average price down to $1.48.

That's an insanely good deal by any measure :D

That link I posted before for the Bluetooth dongle that might work for Motioninjoy for a ps3 controller on windows and emulation of a 360 controller worked beautifully.. for 3 bucks I now have a wireless ps3 controller on my pc. It even pairs up automatically when I turn on the controller.

[quote name='Kuma']Just remember folks, theres still the Thanksgiving sale and the Christmas sale this year![/QUOTE]

Already started my savings account for both sales!

[quote name='dmdragon']That link I posted before for the Bluetooth dongle that might work for Motioninjoy for a ps3 controller on windows and emulation of a 360 controller worked beautifully.. for 3 bucks I now have a wireless ps3 controller on my pc. It even pairs up automatically when I turn on the controller.[/QUOTE]

How easily does it setup and how reliable/compatible is it for games? I was debating picking one up but I've read some games are picky with wireless controllers as well as with PS3 controllers. I don't really want to have to force map keys for lots of games, I just want something that works with little fuss, hence why I'm thinking of just buying a wired 360 pad even though I already have wireless 360 and ps3 controllers.

Until Xbox Live starts getting serious about their deals, that is, everything 50% off with daily 75% off deals, the Steam deal thread is the place to be.

Take the earliest Xbox Live Arcade games and discount them to 25 cents. Come on motherfuckers let's do this.

[quote name='Kuma']Just remember folks, theres still the Thanksgiving sale and the Christmas sale this year![/QUOTE]

Heh, let's see how many games I bought this time that I get through by then! I still have games from years back I haven't gotten around to playing.

[quote name='dmdragon']That link I posted before for the Bluetooth dongle that might work for Motioninjoy for a ps3 controller on windows and emulation of a 360 controller worked beautifully.. for 3 bucks I now have a wireless ps3 controller on my pc. It even pairs up automatically when I turn on the controller.[/QUOTE]

How easily does it setup and how reliable/compatible is it for games? I was debating picking one up but I've read some games are picky with wireless controllers as well as with PS3 controllers. I don't really want to have to force map keys for lots of games, I just want something that works with little fuss, hence why I'm thinking of just buying a wired 360 pad even though I already have wireless 360 and ps3 controllers.

[quote name='Cantatus']Additionally, I've been curious to see which prizes people thought worth spending their tickets on.[/QUOTE]

I had 15 tickets throughout the sale and spent it on the following:

Alien Breed 2: Assault Full Game
Zombie Driver DLC
Monday Night Combat DLC
AaAaAA!!! DLC
Spacechem DLC

[quote name='jimbodan']How easily does it setup and how reliable/compatible is it for games? I was debating picking one up but I've read some games are picky with wireless controllers as well as with PS3 controllers. I don't really want to have to force map keys for lots of games, I just want something that works with little fuss, hence why I'm thinking of just buying a wired 360 pad even though I already have wireless 360 and ps3 controllers.[/QUOTE]

Since it's emulated as a 360 controller it is autoconfigured as a 360 controller just like an actual wired one would be. It is kind of a pain if you have the ps3 controller wired, as everytime you unplug the usb you have to restart the program and restart the emulation. But on BT it automatically pairs every time it seems. No muss, no fuss.

When I hit the playstation button I can be watching the game controllers part of the control panel and it will have nothing in it, within 2 seconds it changes to Controller(360 wireless receiver for windows)

[quote name='dmdragon']Since it's emulated as a 360 controller it is autoconfigured as a 360 controller just like an actual wired one would be. It is kind of a pain if you have the ps3 controller wired, as everytime you unplug the usb you have to restart the program and restart the emulation. But on BT it automatically pairs every time it seems. No muss, no fuss.

When I hit the playstation button I can be watching the game controllers part of the control panel and it will have nothing in it, within 2 seconds it changes to Controller(360 wireless receiver for windows)[/QUOTE]

Thanks, do you happen to have a link for a guide on how to install it that way? I think I'd rather spend a couple bucks giving this a go rather then 30 for a wired controller.

I was thinking I'd spend about $150 for the duration of the sale, and I managed to almost double that. Ouch. But I'm happy with what I got, and I've learned a lot from the sale. Next time, I'll set aside a specific amount in my Steam wallet, and that will be it. I'll also make sure to more carefully consider some purchases. With the exception of Lead & Gold, I think I'll be satisfied with the games I got. There are some I just wish I'd waited on, as it was too much to spend all at once.

That is when I will get Witcher 2 for sub $20, hopefully.

[quote name='jimbodan']Thanks, do you happen to have a link for a guide on how to install it that way? I think I'd rather spend a couple bucks giving this a go rather then 30 for a wired controller.[/QUOTE]

The program is free so just look up motioninjoy for the drivers for a ps3 controller, but it will only work wired without a BT dongle. You can give it a try that way, it is a pain to set up wired though, but once you do it works wonderfully. Then you can spend 3 bucks on the dongle if you so choose.

http://www.motioninjoy.com/

[quote name='Ansé Solis']Meh. I guess you can call me a Hipster Gamer who likes to be educated about his purchases.[/QUOTE]

The post below sums up my thoughts about this.

[quote name='Dragonsbane'] To say that because people didnt buy them is because they are uninformed, or uncaring about indie games is a broad assumption, and a incorrect one in the majority of cases. Im glad that you found games you love off the beaten path, I have found some too; however dont generalize about other people and their motivations, they never match yours. [/QUOTE]

Having said that, Anse does bring to light an issue that should be resolved by the next big sale: It's exceedingly difficult to discuss non-daily deals in this thread. We tried a separate thread but it ended up in a different subforum for deal discussions. This whole thread has turned into deal discussions as we feared it would.

What I think would be useful:

1. A general thread for each Steam sale. Post dailies.
2. A separate thread in this subforum to discuss non-dailies and help others find hidden gems

Every sale I go through every single page looking for deals (key word here deals), comparing price history, professional reviews, and user comments... and I know others do too. Why not consolidate efforts?

I ended up passing on Magicka and Vampire, so my only purchase was Lara Croft: GoL.

Only regret was passing on DoW II: Retribution after noticing the price mistake yesterday.

[quote name='RollingSkull']It doesn't help that most of the games Anse suggested WERE bunk or already owned by most sane people.[/QUOTE]

Compare the overall list to my purchase list. Vast difference. Most sane people didn't know what the majority of the games listed were, good or bad. There might be a few stinkers, but I feel comfortable that the majority of my purchases were well worth it.

Picked up:

AI: War
Alpha Protocol
Amnesia: The Dark Descent
Anomaly Warzone Earth
Atom Zombie Shooter
Battlefield: Bad Company 2
Beat Hazard
Ben There, Dan That!
Broken Sword: Shadow of the Templars
Broken Sword II: The Smoking Mirror
Broken Sword III: The Sleeping Dragon
Commandos 2: Men of Courage
Company of Heroes
Dark Messiah: Might and Magic
Defense Grid: The Awakening
Deus Ex: Game of the Year Edition
Disciples II: Gallean's Return
Disciples II: Rise of the Elves
Eets
The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion
Elven Legacy
Elven Legacy: Magic
Elven Legacy: Ranger
Elven Legacy: Siege
Empire: Total War
Eschalon: Book 1
Eschalon: Book 2
Eversion
Far Cry
Far Cry 2
Freedom Force
Freedom Force vs. the 3rd Reich
Frozen Synapse
Ghost Master
Gish
Guild Wars
Hamilton's Great Adventure
Heroes of Might and Magic V
Heroes of Might and Magic V: Hammers of Fate
Heroes of Might and Magic V: Tribes of the East
Hitman: Blood Money
Hoard
Hydrophobia: Prophecy
Inside a Star-Filled Sky
Jagged Alliance 2 Gold: Unfinished Business
Jagged Alliance 2: Gold Pack
Jamestown
Jolly Rover
Just Cause 2
Killing Floor
King's Bounty: Armored Princess
King's Bounty: Crossworlds
King's Bounty: The Legend
Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light
The Last Remnant
Left 4 Dead
Left 4 Dead 2
Machinarium
Magika
Majesty 2 Collection
Majesty: Gold Edition
The Maw
The Misadventures of P.B. Winterbottom
Mr. Robot
Napoleon: Total War
Nimbus
NyxQuest
Oddworld: Abe's Exoddus
Oddworld: Abe's Oddysee
On the Rain-Slick Precipice of Darkness, Episode 1
On the Rain-Slick Precipice of Darkness, Episode 2
Plain Sight
Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time
Puzzle Bots
Recettear: An Item Shop's Tale
STALKER: Shadow of Chernobyl
Samorost 2
Sanctum
The Secret of Monkey Island: Special Edition
Shatter
Sid Meier's Civilization V
SpaceChem
Star Wars: Knight of the Old Republic
Terreria
Time Gentleman, Please!
Toki Tori
Tomb Raider: Anniversary
Torchlight
Tropico 3 - Steam Special Edition
Tropico 3: Absolute POwer
VVVVVV
Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War 2 - Retribution
Who's That Flying?!
Zen Bound 2

[quote name='Ansé Solis']Compare the overall list to my purchase list. Vast difference. Most sane people didn't know what the majority of the games listed were, good or bad.[/QUOTE]

I thought you were gone?

Yeah, thanks for pointing out games you had no clue were good or bad. I had assumed you were well-played and wasted about four bucks on garbage as a result. I mistook your smugness for experience.

Stop wasting our time with cheap stuff that you don't know is good or not. I've got loads of recommendations of my own that's actually worth our time and money (And more than a couple I am angry didn't go on sale), and so does most of CAG.

It's difficult to leave the thread.

The only thing more difficult is to stop playing Spectromancer and try something else.

The rate this is going, it's going to be the only game I play before the Thanksgiving sale. ;)

[quote name='utopianmachine']I thought you were gone?[/QUOTE]

SO are the thanksgiving prices usually a bit better?
NOt that these are bad, but if I know I can get the Rockstar pack at the same price OR BETTER during the holidays, I'll just save my money for now and wait.

[quote name='Ansé Solis']Compare the overall list to my purchase list. Vast difference. Most sane people didn't know what the majority of the games listed were, good or bad. There might be a few stinkers, but I feel comfortable that the majority of my purchases were well worth it.
[/QUOTE]

Dude, seriously, just say "Hey, sorry I got carried away. Enjoy the games," and let it go, man.

Sometimes, you're just awesome. :lol:

I think the winter sale has better prices. At least the past 2 have.

[quote name='Vincedow']bought no games this sale. The prices were pretty terribad...i swore most of them were priced less last holiday sale...[/QUOTE]

Most were ;), or very similar.

I think it's some Internet Law that when someone makes a big show of leaving a forum thread, they're NEVER actually gone.

Following just the daily deals is a decent strategy for most, that is the point where the game will be the cheapest it has been (more often then not). Sure there are plenty of other great deals that don't make the daily deals and people simply do miss them all together. But a lot of those games have been on previous sales or packs. A lot of the CAGers in this thread are probably seasoned Steam sale vets now with a few big ones under their belt and know the Steam pattern well enough and I'm sure there are plenty of us with very very large libraries on Steam as well (I'm close to 300 myself and I know a few that are well beyond that...).

Our cheapness knows no bounds. If a person feels the game has a chance at being a daily deal during a big sale and didn't get its chance, most are willing to wait the half of year to save that extra couple of bucks due to the backlogs we have acquired. Hell, I hate to admit it, but I STILL have some games from the holiday sale 2 YEARS ago that I haven't played yet, so getting a game that I/someone else think might be cheaper later on (which it normally works out like that) and saving a few bucks is a good option.

[quote name='jkimrey']It's difficult to leave the thread.

The only thing more difficult is to stop playing Spectromancer and try something else.[/QUOTE]

I know what you mean! I just started playing Spectromancer tonight and found it really fun. It's sort of a light MTG experience, but I'm definitely enjoying it.

[quote name='BigSpoonyBard']Sometimes, you're just awesome. :lol:[/QUOTE]

I try. Usually, I'm content to sit back and watch the trolls get fed, but Anse clearly doesn't like CAG. I'm not a fan of sitting around watching someone who is never on CAG insult the people I've been hanging out with for years.

[quote name='Vincedow']bought no games this sale. The prices were pretty terribad...i swore most of them were priced less last holiday sale...[/QUOTE]

I think possibly Holiday sales are better because Steam knows your money is also tied up in buying Christmas presents. They have to lower their prices so we can feel justified in spending on ourselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back