Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:

Daily Deals
75% off Skullgirls (Steam) - $3.75
75% off Skullgirls 2-Pack (Steam) - $6.25
75% off Skullgirls 4-Pack (Steam) - $11.25
75% off Skullgirls and Color Palette Bundle (Steam) - $5.00

Up to 75% off Strategy Games

Blackguards 2 Preorder Promo:Weekend Promo: Region-Neutral Non-Specific Seasonal Silliness
  • Bunch of stuff at 70% off.
Up to 75% off Kings Bounty Promo

Free Games
Games On Sale

Last edited by a moderator:
I am totally failing at this "keeping up with the Steam thread" thing ever since taking a reviewing gig.

So, um, starred I guess.

Edits after reviewing a few pages:

I'd post a pic of all of my ancient handheld games, but I have between 30 and 40 of them.

Whoa, RS is posting here again!

Ewww we're doing GOG stuff in here now?

Thanks Obama Neuro.
I'm not going to be updating it in the body of the thread. I just threw that there, so people would know it'll be in the OP (assuming there is something for me to C&P from the GOG thread). Where did that Idiot go?

I'm not going to be updating it in the body of the thread. I just threw that there, so people MysterD would know it'll be in the OP (assuming there is something for me to C&P from the GOG thread).
FTFY

Where did that Idiot go?
I caught him online yesterday playing The Secret World. First time I had seen him on in a long time. I think he's long since outgrown his GOG phase. That's like being a lesbian in college or something, you try it for a while and then move on.

So um, yeah.

https://twitter.com/WillJPowers/status/556345810565079041
DeepSilver employee saying it won't be honored but you never know.. in for two lol.
[customspoiler=Because Twitter inline on CAG sucks]

David Wales @Aiervon
@killyourfm @GameStop @deepsilver @Chupacaubrey Could've sworn I saw a tweet from @WillJPowers about it today or yesterday. Can't find it.
Will Djanger Powers @WillJPowers
@Aiervon @killyourfm @GameStop @deepsilver @Chupacaubrey this is not real. Orders won't be honored, sorry.
[/customspoiler]
x2F0Eez.gif

The thing about Deep Silver is, they watch shit on the internet probably more than any other publisher. They've got a reddit account and they lurk there so you know how everyones all announcing on a huge ass neon billboard that they aren't Brazilian and are buying from Nuuvem? Deep Silver was one of the first to region lock in the steamdb for Brazil.

Maybe if this was a quick catch in 5 minutes like Steam does with their price mistakes everyone involved would have let it slide, but this 'deal' has gotten around and at this point people over in the next Galaxy know about it by now. There's pretty much zero chance it will be honored.

I mean, you know when the console kids here are going nuts about a PC deal some shit's jumped the shark.

If we're lucky, we might get a Gamestop discount coupon out of it, but that's about it.

But they probably play their stuff so... :p
True, granted most of it is spent playing CS:GO/Dota2/Rust. They love playing competitive multiplayer type games, I tend to suck at those so I'm just over here playing my single player games playing the Steam "gotta catch em all" metagame.

Does it have cards? Buy idle cards & get automatic refund. I know some of you abused that loophole on Colin McRae rally.
It doesn't. Plus they're not steam savvy enough to do that. Most of them just let their cards pile up in their inventory.

I could have taken a review code for H1Z1, but then I would have had to play it.

+1 is one thing, but I draw the line at actually having to play my Steam games.

I could have taken a review code for H1Z1, but then I would have had to play it.

+1 is one thing, but I draw the line at actually having to play my Steam games.
Well I did that for Questerium, but I'm a Big Fish Grandma at heart and all that. I don't think I could handle so dreck like that.

The thing about Deep Silver is, they watch shit on the internet probably more than any other publisher. They've got a reddit account and they lurk there so you know how everyones all announcing on a huge ass neon billboard that they aren't Brazilian and are buying from Nuuvem? Deep Silver was one of the first to region lock in the steamdb for Brazil.
And they lock American codes from Europe :(

I don't think any other publishers does that, expect for some cases like some of Namco stuff: Inversion, Ace, Naruto (activates, but MP is regional, good luck on EU<->US high lag).

And they lock American codes from Europe :(

I don't think any other publishers does that, expect for some cases like some of Namco stuff: Inversion, Ace, Naruto (activates, but MP is regional, good luck on EU<->US high lag).
Oh yeah for sure they saw all the 'McDonalds in Oregon'ing going on with Amazon over at Reddit too.

That's why people need to STFU about stuff like that. It just draws attention.

Maybe if this was a quick catch in 5 minutes like Steam does with their price mistakes everyone involved would have let it slide, but this 'deal' has gotten around and at this point people over in the next Galaxy know about it by now. There's pretty much zero chance it will be honored.

I mean, you know when the console kids here are going nuts about a PC deal some shit's jumped the shark.

If we're lucky, we might get a Gamestop discount coupon out of it, but that's about it.
It seems to me that due to the price mistake over the course of a single weekend, that they are very likely selling way more than 4 times what they would for a digital download PC game on Gamestop during the same time frame (other vendors are selling a full MSRP). So both Gamestop and Deep Silver are making money from this. It's win-win all around. I certainly would not have bought this until it was at least 75% to 80% off, and I'm clearly not the only one that jumped on this deal immediately.

If the price is not honored, the thinking will likely be along the lines of lost sales at a higher price, but really, anyone who was going to pre-order at full price would have done so. Plus, the people that hear about the deal are people that are tapped in to deal sites and not likely to pay full price for anything. I think they may be short sighted in cancelling these orders.

So here's hoping they give this some thought and don't cancel the orders.

GLITCH FTW!

"Top of the first inning, Eagles at bat"
I can still hear that voice in my head along with the beeps afterwards.

I also had this. I think I asked for Double Dragon meaning the NES version, or maybe i was thinking the entire arcade machine, instead I got the tiger LCD handheld.

1692_6086_1420372996858_Tiger_Double_Dragon.jpg

If the price is not honored, the thinking will likely be along the lines of lost sales at a higher price, but really, anyone who was going to pre-order at full price would have done so. Plus, the people that hear about the deal are people that are tapped in to deal sites and not likely to pay full price for anything. I think they may be short sighted in cancelling these orders.
That excludes anyone who would have bought it at 20%, 25%, 33%, 50% or 66% off in the meantime. Starting at 75% off instantly devalues the game. Like Motoki said, if it was quickly fixed it might have slipped by. At this point, it's been on Reddit, Slickdeals and shouted from the mountaintops so the loss is just too great. And the fix is too easy since Gamestop doesn't even have to refund anyone, just says "Oops, we can't fulfil this order -- no charge, no foul".

It would take me 739 hours to play through everything I haven't idled for cards. Just under 3 hours shy of 31 days. In my defense half of my games that can be idled have and I don't know if it counts anything but main quest time for my massive rpgs. Ah fuck it who am I kidding. I probably fuck ing win the smallest backlog award.

I could watch the entire Star Wars Saga 55 times. Although with the prequels thrown in I'm betting I only make it to day 7 with no sleep and consecutive viewings before hunting down Lucas like a damn coyote.

This thread is more power than anyone should wield.  We must cast it into the fires of Mount Doom.

And yes, that is my answer to everything, thank you very much.

Since Neuro posted GOG shit, yeah, I'm gonna go there:

http://www.bigfishgames.com/pc-games/

Use code HALFSV for standard versions discounted to $4.99 and HALFCE for Collector's Editions discounted to $9.99.

You don't have to join their club to get these prices. (And if you do they won't be discounted any lower anyway)

*Edited to add: And on a semi-related note, vote for Best in Show Solitaire on Greenlight because DOGS. (And yes, they do sell it on Big Fish)

I wish I could like this post more than once

For anyone that actually wants those bigfish games, you should wait for when they have a promo for their club. They gave out several free games last year.

For anyone that actually wants those bigfish games, you should wait for when they have a promo for their club. They gave out several free games last year.
There's only a few certain ones they did that for and they have like a kajillion games, though admittedly their site is a hot mess to find things on if you don't know what you are looking for. But still, the vast majority of games on there haven't been free and probably will never be, on there at least.

GTA 5 Pre-Order is live

PRE-PURCHASE BY FEBRUARY 1 AND GET $1,000,000 IN-GAME PLUS A BONUS $300,000 AND A BONUS GAME
Pre-purchase and get $1,000,000 in-game ($500,000 for Grand Theft Auto V and $500,000 for Grand Theft Auto Online).

Pre-purchase by February 1 and get a bonus $300,000 for Grand Theft Auto Online and a bonus digital download of Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas on PC.
Oh yay, cheat cash and a duplicate of a Rockstar game I already own. (I own every Rockstar game ever on Steam, and then some.)

...kinda makes pre-order skins look like hot stuff.

So GMG and Nuuvem are saying they give Rockstar codes to redeem there for the download, but Rockstar's store is run by Digital River who infamously had time limited downloads on past stores they ran such as Ubisoft in the pre-UPlay days.

I'm kind of curious as to how the non-Steam digital version will work out. I wonder if those people will get shafted with one time download only or can only download for 30 days or some shit like that. They don't seem to have a full robust service like Valve/EA/Ubi or anything like that.
Jeez, Digital River, good catch.

Herp Out of Derp. I tried SR4 a bit because of the free weekend but got bored after a couple of hours.
It's confirmed. Mooby hates fun.

There's a site with a lot of those handhelds for online playing.
wow, just wow... and <shudder> "Because you're not worth of the real thing"

Watch Dogs played fine for me on my PC and was a perfectly competent and enjoyable open-world "crime" game. I realize you're technically stopping some bad dudes but any game where you can steal cars and run from the police counts as a crime game in my book.

It wasn't life changing or change the face of open world gaming forever but it was a fun time. Also, the city of Chicago was well done (excepting the ridiculous mountainous logging suburb of Pawnee).

2uI9pT3.jpg
Chicago was the first place I ever live that was -flat- ... it was disorienting not to have mountains on the horizon. I had to learn to read the Chicago skyline for positional cues.

Free random hero box and boost potion if you log in to Marvel Heroes today! =0
Thanks! I got Black Widow... so sorta like spoder getting himself ^_~

Steam for Linux bug deletes your data

Valve is working hard to make Linux a better gaming platform, and for the most part, the company's effort is paying off. However, a newly discovered bug in Steam for Linux has users fuming. Turns out Steam can delete users' files—and potentially everything on their computers.

As Neowin reports, the bug seems to rear its head when the user moves their Steam directory. Steam then runs this command:

rm -rf "$STEAMROOT/"*

Because the $STEAMROOT variable is empty, the command is interpreted as "rm -rf /"—in other words, delete everything. This is particularly bad news if the user is logged in as root or has write access to more than just their own home directory.

There's a long discussion about the issue on Github, and from what I can tell, work on a patch is already well underway. For now, though, Linux users are probably best off keeping their Steam directory where it is. (Thanks to Slashdot for the link.)

bread's done
Back