Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
d884b5e453a2c3ffe5604617d00b0ea7cdbf7c8d241188bd1df745f21e3e5fad.jpg

Why do you care about the RS thing if you have it on Steam?  You'd have to get BOTH the STEAM and the RS because you linked it as part of the install process.  And if it hasn't been fixed, then changing a password means they'll just get your new password as well.

I just found the list of compromised accounts at a cracked games board. About 300 accounts were listed. :|

Edit: Most of the passwords are pretty secure (words + numbers or random letters + numbers) so this was NOT obtained through a dictionary attack. Someone probably got into their system. Change your password ASAP, even if your email is not in any publicly available list.
Can you check the list and see if user/pass: rcsample/rcsample1 is on the list?...It's a rock solid combo, so I'm thinking not....

Why do you care about the RS thing if you have it on Steam? You'd have to get BOTH the STEAM and the RS because you linked it as part of the install process. And if it hasn't been fixed, then changing a password means they'll just get your new password as well.
I thought it was confirmed in Tebow chat that you can run the Steam version of GTA5 without having Steam open?

Non-Steam but:

WildStar is being clearanced for $20 at Best Buy.

That said, it is a very bad idea to buy it. This clearancing has a 99% chance to do with the game going F2P in the near future.

Normally on its own, it could be because "nobody's" buying physical PC games (like how Divinity: OS is being clearanced) but coupled with this announcement yesterday (basically giving you a mystery bonus if you specifically buy a retail copy), it's pretty much a guarantee of a conversion to a F2P model.

This is because if the game goes F2P, the distributor (Best Buy) can return unsold copies to the original source and ask for money back. Basically, WildStar and Best Buy are trying to sucker you into buying the last of their copies so neither loses out on money when the switch happens.

The only upside is if there's some sort of bonus in the F2P version for being an original purchaser (like with TF2), but the chance of it being worth $20 is pretty low.

Last edited by a moderator:
When I think of just how often these things happen, I worry about various passwords I have around the net. When I think about how ALL my passwords used to be the same one, I breathe a sigh of relief that I never got hacked. Man, I used to be dumb when it came to online security.

Thanks for the heads up on the rockstar thing.
I still have some same passwords for different sites >.>. Haven't had any get hijacked that I know of yet thankfully, run into the issue that I mean to change them but get lazy and put it off. Related to passwords and gaming, using a password generator on your browser to make a password for a game with it's own launcher, makes logging in really really annoying.

I have a whole book dedicated to writing down all my damned passwords since I got the virus on my laptop a few years ago.  But that's a bit excessive.

And AUS has pulled Wildstar from all shelves (which is what ESO did) so I don't know that I'd pay $20 for it.  Hell, even if it wasn't being pulled I didn't think it was worth $20.

I'll also leave this here:  http://www.reddit.com/r/WildStar/comments/32p48z/announcing_the_wildstar_box_mystery_box_promo/

Pretty much an FU to whatever community remains.

Why do you care about the RS thing if you have it on Steam? You'd have to get BOTH the STEAM and the RS because you linked it as part of the install process. And if it hasn't been fixed, then changing a password means they'll just get your new password as well.
Because the list included email addresses. People who know their shit (TM) can use that email address or other info in the account to find out more info about the account owner, including site accounts. And if the person used the same password at another place... like email servers, Facebook, and such, they can access it.

This isn't so much about people losing their game, it's a warning to people in case they used the same password elsewhere. Imagine having your email address broken into because you used the same password. It's dangerous and I'm trying to get the word out so people change the passwords and stay safe.

I know a lot of people don't take me seriously, but I'm really trying to make sure nobody I know - even if I don't like them - gets hurt because Rockstar was incompetent once again.

This isn't so much about people losing their game, it's a warning to people in case they used the same password elsewhere.
Nope that makes total sense. I was trying to determine the level of worried I should be.. which is to say not much. But you're right people who use the same password (or use password1) and such have reason to worry.

I thought it was confirmed in Tebow chat that you can run the Steam version of GTA5 without having Steam open?
GTA4 PC on Steam worked that way - of course, that was also saddled w/ the crap-tastic G4WL (major "ugh" and "bleh") + also Rockstar Social Club ("meh").

If GTA5 Steam version works that way (that you can boot game w/out Steam going), that'd be great! :D I'm all for that, in case Steam causes issues [i.e. insert any reason that Steam overlay, DRM, or anything else causes issues w/ GTA5 PC b/c Rockstar just didn't test the Steam-version properly] or Steam just goes away (which likely won't happen anytime soon).

This is big for me...b/c I have games from so many different services and whatnot.

So, I have 899 games on Steam.

Almost at 900 here.

Your not missing anything. Dark void was so buggy as hell it is not even funny from what I remember when it first came out hearing about the game.

I used the puush debacle as motivation to finally set us Lastpass. It took a while but I'm theoretically more secure unless I accidentally do something stupid like hit ctrl-V2oy4Cj&#^uN

Though I guess if they aren't on Steam, maybe there's a chance of them working? :whistle2:k
If they give you a key then it should work. The problem is the Steam copies not getting keys.

Also, this just happened.

https://twitter.com/SteamDB/status/588842719453282304

I need to be sure, but if this is true, then I won't be able to use the shop anymore (US payment method, Mexican IP address.) fuck. I just bought something through a browser and it worked...

Edit: Hey. My client now has prices in Gringobux. Could it be? I can buy stuff through the client now?

Edit 2: YES I just bought an emoticon with my US wallet through the client!

If they give you a key then it should work. The problem is the Steam copies not getting keys.

Also, this just happened.

*snip*

I need to be sure, but if this is true, then I won't be able to use the shop anymore (US payment method, Mexican IP address.) fuck. I just bought something through a browser and it worked...

Edit: Hey. My client now has prices in Gringobux. Could it be? I can buy stuff through the client now?

Edit 2: YES I just bought an emoticon with my US wallet through the client!
I just love a happy ending...

especially the massage session kind.

YAY, my physical discs for GTA V are useless. Constant data transfer errors so now I must download this absurdly large file.

EDIT: Sweet, Only 19 hours until. Life is good, except it isn't.

Dark Void Zero works fine in the DRM-free version you get with that purchase. I'd say it's almost worth that price on Nuuvem, but it's often so cheap on Steam that you might as well buy it there. It's a decent side-scrolling platformer, but it tries too hard to be an NES Metroid clone. Complete with enemies that respawn once their spawn points are off-camera.

Random thought of the day:  Would the feminists call me sexist and be out for my blood if I replace the word "woman" to "man" and post it online?

10419006_10153305789423628_3625138419305328351_n.jpg

I used the puush debacle as motivation to finally set us Lastpass. It took a while but I'm theoretically more secure unless I accidentally do something stupid like hit ctrl-V2oy4Cj&#^uN
you better hope last pass does not get hacked.

Dark Void Zero works fine in the DRM-free version you get with that purchase. I'd say it's almost worth that price on Nuuvem, but it's often so cheap on Steam that you might as well buy it there. It's a decent side-scrolling platformer, but it tries too hard to be an NES Metroid clone. Complete with enemies that respawn once their spawn points are off-camera.
Wait wait.

DRM-free? Are you sure? As far as I know -all- versions of the game had SecuRom activation.

That'd be tragic.... for them, because I'd sue em hehe.
i use the old fashion way, by writing down my username:password on a note pad, and putting it in a safe, along with other important documents, and items

i use the old fashion way, by writing down my username:password on a note pad, and putting it in a safe, along with other important documents, and items
You mean real-life safe? I used to write it down but it was a mess. Used lastpass, never looked back.

you better hope last pass does not get hacked.
Well, two-factor auth and unique passwords for everything are better than what I was doing.

And if you're not putting a unique pw for each site in that safe and reusing, that's a problem.

Wait wait.

DRM-free? Are you sure? As far as I know -all- versions of the game had SecuRom activation.
The page doesn't mention SecuROM, but I don't know since I didn't buy it from Nuuvem. I played it four or five years ago. It could very well have some activation software.

Old fashion implies people used to do it back in the day.... Call me crazy but I don't ever recall a time period when people wrote internet passwords on cards and stuck them in a vault.

You mean real-life safe? I used to write it down but it was a mess. Used lastpass, never looked back.
of cuz a real life safe. i also write my username:password down in a non-obvious way, only i can decode it. i know it does not matter, because a skillful hacker can crack any account/, if they really want to.

There are also some Capcom deals at Funstock if you want to deal with the chance that it will take ages to get your key.   The D&D Mystara game is an all time low, I think.  I am tempted to finally pick up Street Fighter but it isn't like I would actually play it anytime soon.

There are also some Capcom deals at Funstock if you want to deal with the chance that it will take ages to get your key. The D&D Mystara game is an all time low, I think. I am tempted to finally pick up Street Fighter but it isn't like I would actually play it anytime soon.
That's about what I paid for the game a while back (in a pack.)

Hard to believe a British store is beating Nuuvem's price.

Totally On Topic because: Reasons

Should I ditch my Win 7 install and use the SSD for games? It's only a 120 GB and is sure to fill up fast.

OR

Should I just grab a new HDD? There's a 3TB WD Black burning a hole in my Amazon cart or something.

I only ask because I'm running low on storage and SATA ports.

Used 25% code (#FUNDEALS)

Use that instead of anything else, you can save a little bit more.

Should I ditch my Win 7 install and use the SSD for games? It's only a 120 GB and is sure to fill up fast.

OR

Should I just grab a new HDD? There's a 3TB WD Black burning a hole in my Amazon cart or something.

grab a hdd. newegg is having 10% on select hard drives,

the 3tb toshiba hard drive is around $95 dollar, if my math is not wrong.

Extra savings w/ promo code EMCARKT26, ends 4/20 TOSHIBA PH3300U-1I72 3TB 7200 RPM 64MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive Retail Kit

OR

Move your 7 install to a SSD and use a separate drive for games and stuff. It's what I do.

grab a hdd. newegg is having 10% on select hard drives,

the 3tb toshiba hard drive is around $95 dollar, if my math is not wrong.

Extra savings w/ promo code EMCARKT26, ends 4/20 TOSHIBA PH3300U-1I72 3TB 7200 RPM 64MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive Retail Kit
Personally, I feel the same way about Toshiba drives that I do about AMD cards: meh

Move your 7 install to a SSD and use a separate drive for games and stuff. It's what I do.
My Win 7 is on the SSD, but I almost never boot to it, anymore. It's too small for very many games, but it's a shame to waste a SSD, in my book. I just need more room and I'm maxed on SATA ports. 1st world rock and hard place right here.

Personally, I feel the same way about Toshiba drives that I do about AMD cards: meh

My Win 7 is on the SSD, but I almost never boot to it, anymore. It's too small for very many games, but it's a shame to waste a SSD, in my book. I just need more room and I'm maxed on SATA ports. 1st world rock and hard place right here.
why don't you boot your win 7 to the ssd? that is the whole point of an ssd, until there is a huge price drop.

the few positives about amd card is their price.

If you had told this to us from the start then we wouldn't be telling you to keep 7.

Dumbass.

And yes, no sarcasm font for you.
It's like me simply saying "I intend to sell my car. How much should I ask for it?" and then you guys saying "Why? Don't you like driving it?"

Entirely beside the point.

EDIT:

"I really can't decide between a Milky Way or a 3 Musketeers."

"Get a Snickers. Snickers is good."

"I don't want one."

"But Snickers are REALLY good."

"I'm allergic to peanuts."

"Allergic!? Why didn't you say that to begin with? Idiot."

bread's done
Back