Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
Is it because of the vouchers? Are they worried GMG will put it on sale for too low compared to elsewhere and make people less likely to buy from GOG directly?

My best guess would be it has something to do with regional pricing (which yes, they're doing on their own game despite their prior promises not to do that on their platform) and Euros.

Edit: Unrelated but Nuuvem has an Arkham Knight pre-order for $55ish for the game and season pass, if you wanna skip on the CD keys sale. Still standing by what I posted the other day, but at least Nuuvem has decent CS.

Also probably a little high (Season Pass makes it about $20 more than base, so 50% off).
i am going to support cdkeys.com, since cheapy D approves of them, and deem them legit

That... makes a disturbing amount of sense.

GOG gets all the money from direct sales, and a lot less from third party sites. If you think about it, GMG is the one site that has consistently lower prices on everything, even regionally priced releases, because of their vouchers.

If they were willing to cut off GMG completely then they must be selling an insane amount of copies.
probably from the console sales.

i buy from grey market sites....because i dont give a shit

just dont post the deals here because people and things and feelings and omg its bad
smiling%2Bis%2Bmy%2Bfavorite.gif

Is it because of the vouchers? Are they worried GMG will put it on sale for too low compared to elsewhere and make people less likely to buy from GOG directly?

My best guess would be it has something to do with regional pricing (which yes, they're doing on their own game despite their prior promises not to do that on their platform) and Euros.

Edit: Unrelated but Nuuvem has an Arkham Knight pre-order for $55ish for the game and season pass, if you wanna skip on the CD keys sale. Still standing by what I posted the other day, but at least Nuuvem has decent CS.

Also probably a little high (Season Pass makes it about $20 more than base, so 50% off).
Batman Arkham Knight is $49 at Nuuvem if you buy the game and the season pass separately. I don't know why its more expensive to buy the combo.

If CDP are so worried about someone selling their big (only) flagship game cheap well people on reddit have been talking about buying it from Nuuvem for months. And they aren't Brazilians either.

Maybe if they stuck to their whole one world one price schtik they wouldn't have that problem.

i buy from grey market sites....because i dont give a shit

just dont post the deals here because people and things and feelings and omg its bad
I don't give a shit if people do but don't be a dumbass an announce it in high profile places. And if something goes wrong it's your own tough shit for buying a watch from the overcoat of a shady guy on the corner and you don't get the right to bitch about it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Batman Arkham Knight is $49 at Nuuvem if you buy the game and the season pass separately. I don't know why its more expensive to buy the combo.
Without those snacks, Booby is practically useless. Those Archer Farms Fruit Gummy Snacks give him special math powers.

Projekt Red sounds shady as fuck. They first claimed that neither they or GOG were getting any money from the copies GMG was selling - an outright lie. If they want to make their business dealings a public matter then so be it, but don't lie about it. I'll wait for it to be free on GOG in 30 years.

To be honest I'd be ok with everyone pirating the Witcher 3, I cant get behind any company that supports such discrepancies in regional pricing, like why is Witcher 3 $30 cheaper in Canada than Australia? are the 1's and 0's more expensive in Australia? GOG stated when they switched their displayed prices to regional pricing they weren't a supporter of regional pricing disparity, at least until it was their own product.

Steam or GTFO.

Projekt Red sounds shady as fuck. They first claimed that neither they or GOG were getting any money from the copies GMG was selling - an outright lie. If they want to make their business dealings a public matter then so be it, but don't lie about it. I'll wait for it to be free on GOG in 30 years.
... CD PR didn't say that. Gamespot did, in the poorly-written article it published.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/witcher-dev-disputes-39-witcher-3-promotion/1100-6427129/

A representative for CD Projekt Red tells GameSpot that Green Man Gaming's Witcher 3 codes are coming from an "unknown source." As such, none of the revenue from Green Man Gaming's current Witcher 3 promotion will go to GOG.com or CD Projekt Red.
Bolded for emphasis. CD PR is not being quoted here except for the unknown source bit.

If CDP are so worried about someone selling their big (only) flagship game cheap well people on reddit have been talking about buying it from Nuuvem for months. And they aren't Brazilians either.

Maybe if they stuck to their whole one world one price schtik they wouldn't have that problem.

I don't give a shit if people do but don't be a dumbass an announce it in high profile places. And if something goes wrong it's your own tough shit for buying a watch from the overcoat of a shady guy on the corner and you don't get the right to bitch about it.
exactamundo

its a roll of the dice and im a gambling man

... CD PR didn't say that. Gamespot did, in the poorly-written article it published.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/witcher-dev-disputes-39-witcher-3-promotion/1100-6427129/

Bolded for emphasis. CD PR is not being quoted here except for the unknown source bit.
Well, we actually don't know what CD PR said to Gamespot. We know the quoted stuff, but they wouldn't just pull words out of thin air. Given the statement CD PR made to fans to not buy from GMG because of unknown sources, I tend to believe Gamespot wasn't just sensationalizing things and was reporting on what CD PR told them.

GOG stated when they switched their displayed prices to regional pricing they weren't a supporter of regional pricing disparity, at least until it was their own product.
This. They made such a huge stink over One World One Price to try to win brownie points with the anti-Steam crowd but when it's their own game it somehow doesn't apply.

And if you think it's bad how much cheaper Americans are getting it for they are giving it to the Russians for indie game pricing.

If they were willing to cut off GMG completely then they must be selling an insane amount of copies.
Thinking about it, and talks of the prolonged negotiations (in GMG's response I think?), I wonder if EA/Ubi/Humble paid CD PR a hefty advance to get rights to sell the game, and thus CD PR tried to get GMG to do the same, cutting them out when they refused to pay enough. (Gamestop I imagine is the typical "give Gamestop stuff so they hopefully wait awhile before selling our game used for cheap and screw us out of the profits")

Only other thing I can think of, at the moment, maybe GMG did key reselling to someone not approved with Witcher 2, the other party snitched, and CD PR decided to punish GMG for it be cutting them out of a big release.

Not said, maybe bit implied (or I'm just bias), but felt like CD PR was trying to get GMG to snitch, and when they wouldn't tell them, they went public to discredit GMG and hopefully force their hand. Still don't know why they think GMG would tell them, because I'm sure GMG know damn well if they did, the company that sold the keys to them is never getting another Witcher 3 key and probably any other CD PR game.

Well, we actually don't know what CD PR said to Gamespot. We know the quoted stuff, but they wouldn't just pull words out of thin air. Given the statement CD PR made to fans to not buy from GMG because of unknown sources, I tend to believe Gamespot wasn't just sensationalizing things and was reporting on what CD PR told them.
I wouldn't be so quick to give Gamespot a pass. They have some terrible writers.

But anyhow... lol at anyone trying to compare GMG to CDKeys. I know who I'd rather deal with, and I'm not passing judgement on anyone that feels differently.

CD Projekt Red comes off a little poorly here. What was written about GMG was sorta libelous and GMG is at least being diplomatic in their response. I honestly can't believe such a ruckus is being made over this game.

I'll be honest, I'm half asleep.. by why do we care?  Strikes me that we have a summer sale and then a winter sale coming up wherein you KNOW W3 is gunna be discounted....  With it's release being this month you're looking at about 35-40% off now and likely 50-66% off in December.  

Unless we go to the new Steam sheot again where we recycle more cards for more gems for more "chances" to "bid" on outrageously priced items.

Because GMG has previously been thought of as an honest retailer and CDPR/GOG has been the Boy Scout of DRM Free distribution and both of their names have been sullied a bit.

And there's nothing else going on right now.
Just trying to follow along. Since Nuuvem sells'm for like $30 and CDPR and GOG are in bed together... it wouldn't surprise me.

Again... half asleep. (soon to be whole asleep)

Because GMG has previously been thought of as an honest retailer and CDPR/GOG has been the Boy Scout of DRM Free distribution and both of their names have been sullied a bit.

And there's nothing else going on right now.
You know PC digital deals suck around here when we're talking about so-called TW3 deals + key-selling issues b/t CDP + GMG...and it ain't even half-price yet!

See, EA could solve this problem for me and just sell a DA: Inquisition + Jaws DLC bundle for $10. ;)

Witcher 2 felt like the most boring parts of KotOR1 blended together with a really asinine combat system that thought "What if we were an RPG and ALSO required skill to play? Wait, what's skill? Has anyone played an action game before? Anyone? fuck it we'll just ad lib it." Which is why they "overhauled" it like three fuck ing times. I couldn't bring myself to redo the game to see the alternate story.
There are many action segments in W2 that require mad skills. KotOR1 doesn't have these segments btw

witcher22011-08-0700-53-31-69.jpg

There are certainly some very difficult sequences in W2.  The dodge roll being an unlockable skill was a poor choice, no doubt, along with many other standard affairs, but it was a ME1 -> ME2 style jump in a classic grim fantasy form that has a great story arc.  Looking forward to the third and hopefully doesn't muck itself up at the very end like my other favorite RPG series. 

bread's done
Back