Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
I am the reason those little girls with beards are not called Dr. Sasquatch's Soap Co. There were three of them when they started, but I pulled the third guy's bones out and picked my teeth with 'em. They changed the name to Dr. Squatch after that.
So what you are saying is that there is no chance of hooking me up with Tremor Coins or soap?

Some of you will have Eyas (Alpha) Steam keys in your WGN library.

If you do, would really appreciate if you could leave feedback on our Steam forum.
Coral,

For those of us who Kickstarted the game and also reserved it on WGN, can we activate the Beta and then the key we get upon release? Or is it either or? And in that case, is it the same difference? Or will the Kickstarted version be any different?

a real pc gamer only accepts 60 fps at least
But, what about when cut-scenes are forced at 30 FPS a la DA:I?

For me, 60 FPS is preferred - but I can tolerate 30 FPS as long as there are no significant framerate drops + rises.

I'm fine w/ Dark Souls PTD PC locked at 30 FPS.

Last edited by a moderator:
Gah, apparently my badges page is broken (and it's an issue that can crop up now and then with no fix, supposedly). Steam is basically trying to tell me to just use idle master at this point =/. I like doing my idling the old fashion way (...plus I try to make a point to play like 15 minutes of the game, since it's not like I'd play most of them if they didn't have card drops).

Samurai Warriors 4-II on Steam! October 2nd

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VFt4sRfHDbo

also Nobunaga's Ambition: Sphere of Influence out September 4th

(English version of Nobunaga's Ambition: Souzou with Power-Up Kit)

Speaking of 15 minutes of games with cards (don't think I posted these, too tired/lazy to make sure):

Clickr: Reminds me a bit of super collapse, I mean the challenges are different and so is the gameplay (somewhat), but yeah still what comes to mind. One of those, at least semi, frantic games though not to the level of Cook, Serve, Delicious! or Intake. It's clicking fast to make big squares to get points, more fun then I was expecting and might keep it installed for when I get bored. Got way too many of the "if I get bored," games though. 

Out There Somewhere: Starts off with a bullet hell (think that's the genre) then ends up a platformer o_O. Seemed an okay platformer, I don't do platformers much these days (and was always terrible at them) so not the best judge. Guess best way to put it: If you like platformers, and have this from a bundle or something, worth trying when you get a chance. 

QuestRun: Obvious mobile game is obvious. It was meh, you have 3 characters you can move to a different "spot," they have special abilities that do stuff, you have a side bar on the left that items drop to randomly and can change the weapon/shield of your characters. It's.....I'm not really a fan, on a smartphone? Yeah, probably be alright but on PC I have much more interesting and better games, so why bother? *shrugs*

Also played a song in Frederic 2 so it kind of counts I guess, but not much to say on that. It's 1 with different music (more modernish) and story.

GOOD NEWS:

Dead Rising 2 PC save-migration tool implemented:
http://steamcommunity.com/games/45740/announcements/detail/164724805518896442

DR2: Off The Record PC save-migration tool implemented, also:
http://steamcommunity.com/games/45770/announcements/detail/130947808312585039

BAD NEWS:
G4WL Achievements won't transfer over to Steamworks for both DR2 + DR2: OTR. :(

Sorry.
Why is that bad news? Achievements were much harder to get on GFWL. Just use SAM and unlock them if it's important.

Why is that bad news? Achievements were much harder to get on GFWL. Just use SAM and unlock them if it's important.
You can't directly import the G4WL achievements to Steam achievements via their in-game tool.

You have to use other means, if you wish to do so - as you suggested.

And folks, we have another person jumping aboard the GOG Galaxy Train:

http://gadgets.ndtv.com/games/opinion/i-have-over-300-games-on-steam-and-im-leaving-it-all-behind-for-gog-galaxy-694023

I love GOG and their DRM-FREE attitude - but their Galaxy needs massive work, in the features department if it's ever going to compete w/ Steam.

I think it's also foolish this person says they will "leave behind Steam" b/c of GOG Galaxy - even despite listing all the better features Steam has. Really? I would not drop Origin, UPlay, or any other service for something else - in case a certain other service has great deals; exclusive games on a certain service (i.e. DA:I and ME3 are only on Origin right now; Valve games are tied to Steam and tons of other games are Steam exclusives); or whatever the case may be.

EDIT:

Dude has 300+ games on Steam. Sure, that's not much for some of us CAG's - but, if you spend good money on a lot of games for a certain service, what the hell do you want to ditch that service for? That's crazy talk. You made an investment - stick with it.

UBISOFT sale- Witcher 3 plus 4 games (The Crew, ACIV Black Flag, Child Of Light and Watch Dogs) for $59.99

http://shop.ubi.com/store/ubina/en_US/html/pbPage.WITCHER48HR

The Witcher 3 key is a GOG key.

Oops, sorry. Just saw the main post for this.
MysterD's thoughts on this deal here:

It's a decent deal, under two conditions:

1. You must have W3 PC now + will tolerate owning GOG version of it.

2. And you don't own ANY of those other 4 UbiSoft UPLAY games (The Crew, WD, AC4, Child of Light) + are willing to tolerate UPLAY versions of those.

From here:

https://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/345648-uplay-buy-witcher-3-pc-5999-get-4-free-games-assassins-creed-black-flag-the-crew-watch-dogs-child-of-light/?p=12700391

I already own AC4 + Watch Dogs.

Pass.

The Crew is the only game there that hasn't been really super-cheap - a little over $26 at Nuuvem before:

http://isthereanydea...info?plain=crew

Watch Dogs was $14 on UPlay Newegg:

http://isthereanydea...plain=watchdogs

AC4 has been $10 before:

http://isthereanydea...reedivblackflag

Child of Light has been around $5 before:

http://isthereanydea...croll:#gamelist

http://gadgets.ndtv.com/games/opinion/i-have-over-300-games-on-steam-and-im-leaving-it-all-behind-for-gog-galaxy-694023

I love GOG and their DRM-FREE attitude - but their Galaxy needs massive work, in the features department if it's ever going to compete w/ Steam.

I think it's also foolish this person says they will "leave Steam behind Steam" b/c of GOG Galaxy - even despite listing all the better features Steam has. Really? I would not drop Origin, UPlay, or any other service for something else - in case a certain other service has great deals; exclusive games on a certain service (i.e. DA:I and ME3 are only on Origin right now; Valve games are tied to Steam and tons of other games are Steam exclusives); or whatever the case may be.

EDIT:

Dude has 300+ games on Steam. Sure, that's not much for some of us CAG's - but, if you spend good money on a lot of games for a certain service, what the hell do you want to ditch that service for? That's crazy talk. You made an investment - stick with it.
I have 300 games on GOG and I would rebuy all of them on Steam because fuck GoG

to each their own

My problem is even with my "new" PC that finally can play some games....it would never handle Witcher 3.

So I will play it on..*gasp*.. PS4.

UBISOFT sale- Witcher 3 plus 4 games (The Crew, ACIV Black Flag, Child Of Light and Watch Dogs) for $59.99

I think it was worth you cross-posting that here.

Maybe someone who namely only reads the Steam+ Thread missed that main post + my reply post about ITAD saying what the best prices those 4 games have been might have seen it - and actually find that deal is worthwhile to them.

EDIT:

Hmmm. I wonder how this works w/ some gamers and their UPLAY accounts.

Does buying these games on UPLAY just gives you keys and does not actually add it automatically to your UPLAY account?

If "yes" - I wonder how many might jump on this deal to flip some keys (that they don't want, already have, or whatever) on The Cesspool.

If buying from UPLAY adds the games automatically only to your UPLAY account, then that's "meh".

EDIT:

I don't really see the need to 'jump ship' on PC since these clients are just that, a piece of software that you can download on a whim. You don't need to purchase a $300 brick errr I mean hardware to play games on the new client.

I guess this doesn't really apply to me since I have all the major clients: Steam, uPlay, GoG Galaxy, Origin, Battle.net all installed and I could care less about achievements. Consoles can keep achievements, PC master races could care less about them. :p

I don't really see the need to 'jump ship' on PC since these clients are just that, a piece of software that you can download on a whim. You don't need to purchase a $300 brick errr I mean hardware to play games on the new client.

I guess this doesn't really apply to me since I have all the major clients: Steam, uPlay, GoG Galaxy, Origin, Battle.net all installed and I could care less about achievements. Consoles can keep achievements, PC master races could care less about them. :p
Exactly.

I mean, if I went exclusively w/ GOG - I'd miss out on the tons of Steamworks-only games (Skyrim, Brink, Doom 3 BFG, Dishonored, Civ 5; Bioshock Infinite; SR3 + SR4; and the list goes on + on); Diablo 3 on Battle.Net; DA:I + ME3 on Origin; and other games exclusive to certain services.

Skip that - I go where the games go...and hopefully better/best prices, too!

I think it's also foolish this person says they will "leave behind Steam" b/c of GOG Galaxy - even despite listing all the better features Steam has. Really? I would not drop Origin, UPlay, or any other service for something else - in case a certain other service has great deals; exclusive games on a certain service (i.e. DA:I and ME3 are only on Origin right now; Valve games are tied to Steam and tons of other games are Steam exclusives); or whatever the case may be.

EDIT:

i heard a while back, uplay launcher/service client installs some kinda of malware into your pc

Cue Mrshlljcb post in 3, 2, 1...

Has anyone else noticed that the majority of dancing is done by women with normal asses? Dafuq Major Lazer. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wO89_H7GqaQ
2... Chainz

"And the retarded shall inherent the Earth."

Nope. No. Nuh uh.

Was browsing the Steam top sellers... how is Gary's Mod #16 and it isn't even on sale?  Who doesn't own it already?  Who is buying this?!?!

My initial thought was "wow that's a pretty good deal" then I realized I don't want the crew and i can probably get those other three games for a total of twenty bucks or so in the next six months so no thanks

My initial thought was "wow that's a pretty good deal" then I realized I don't want the crew and i can probably get those other three games for a total of twenty bucks or so in the next six months so no thanks
Plus aren't they all Ubisoft keys? No one wants those.

That was a horribly written article; embarrassing really.

I'm all for giving Steam a swift kick in the ass as they desperately need a reality check, but let's not lose sight of the fact that Galaxy is far from being in a position to deliver said kick. If anything, we should be taking note that GOG is jumping onboard the platform bandwagon.

That's right. GOG owes Steam a big thank you for providing the road map for PC gaming post-1999. And they know it too because they're trying very hard to build their me-too client.

I'll be re-subtitling Witcher 3: Wild Cunt, and not in a good way. Every few times I go into my inventory, this fuck er freezes on me. Just looking into my bag of shit, people!

Edit:

Just now, mid fight, black screen with sound playing. Couldn't get back to desktop. Hard restart. fuck ing whatever man.

Coming soon, sunasun's awesome game client. Allows activation of keys from all other game clients and has built-in sam technology.
Free bottle of moonshine with the purchase of my soon to be released game whitewall.

Thanks Carl. I checked CAG just at the right time. I can't remember all the codes I entered. However I do know I got four out of the seven.
4028b33a7ff435f42ed652a384b0455e.jpg

I am not a hoarder. I do actually plan on playing them. Yeah some people on this site are in no position to talk to back me up on this haha, especially those that have 1000+ games ; many in which they probably won't even half get around to lol.
e0835a3bea4d79b4a22ac88b1e09f022.jpg

Right now, GOG Galaxy is a poorly designed piece of shit, which makes it clear that anyone who is writing a "STEAM BETTER LOOK OUT" article is only going for clickbait.  I hope GOG gets it together and makes a functional client, but right now, basic design elements that anyone could look at and say "that doesn't look right" are completely broken.

I want to know when we'll be able to use more retail keys to get stuff on GOG.

Like the Unreal games. I have a full set. I want them on GOG. :p

Coming soon, sunasun's awesome game client. Allows activation of keys from all other game clients and has built-in sam technology.
Free bottle of moonshine with the purchase of my soon to be released game whitewall.
4028b33a7ff435f42ed652a384b0455e.jpg

e0835a3bea4d79b4a22ac88b1e09f022.jpg
Wait, it comes w/ moonshine - but what about a burger?

I see no mention of burgers.

Do my eyes deceive me?

Steam needs competition, but GOG isn't it. Hell, Origin is way more competition than GOG Galaxy will be, at least for the next few years.

Right now, GOG Galaxy is a poorly designed piece of shit, which makes it clear that anyone who is writing a "STEAM BETTER LOOK OUT" article is only going for clickbait. I hope GOG gets it together and makes a functional client, but right now, basic design elements that anyone could look at and say "that doesn't look right" are completely broken.
You're all looking at this the wrong way.

I love GOG Galaxy. Because I love clients.

I used to think I wanted all my games in one place. But now I know what I really want is multiple clients for all of my games.

My dream is to one day have a client to manage all my clients, so that I'll never forget I own a game just because I forgot I had a client.

Just thinking about this is making me excited in ways you assholes are all going to make completely unsubtle boner jokes about.

God I fucking love clients!

Heeeeeeeeere weeeeeeeeeeee go.

AMD says Nvidia’s GameWorks “completely sabotaged” Witcher 3 performance

http://arstechnica.co.uk/gaming/2015/05/amd-says-nvidias-gameworks-completely-sabotaged-witcher-3-performance/
Of course they did. These graphic cards don't cost $350 to produce. They buy driver optimization for their devices so morans will have to buy their absolute newest card for $toofuckingmuch, which is probably only a few hardware tweaks and a line of code different than their previous model anyway. This is what they do to make money. It's a competitive market. You can't buy an iPhone app and use it on your S5.

bread's done
Back