Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
da fuq were you purchasing before the sale??
Well, the two big ticket items were NBA2010 & NBA2011. They've both been removed from the store, but can be bought via open subs (Here & Here). How was I to know that they'd apply a discount to something that they apparently aren't allowed to sell anymore?

The other thing was the sim bundle thing that I bought for $5 a few days before the sale and then glitched for a buck on the first day.

Well, the two big ticket items were NBA2010 & NBA2011. They've both been removed from the store, but can be bought via open subs (Here & Here). How was I to know that they'd apply a discount to something that they apparently aren't allowed to sell anymore?

The other thing was the sim bundle thing that I bought for $5 a few days before the sale and then glitched for a buck on the first day.
57404868.jpg

Seriously, though.

Are all visual novels some pervy fantasy trip, or are there good ones?  I suppose 999 is one, but I played it once and got a bad ending before I realized the genre dictates multiple play-throughs. 

Saw some of those pop on steam, but they all have "nekkid waifus" and that's pretty much not what I want.  Just curious. 

Are all visual novels some pervy fantasy trip, or are there good ones? I suppose 999 is one, but I played it once and got a bad ending before I realized the genre dictates multiple play-throughs.

Saw some of those pop on steam, but they all have "nekkid waifus" and that's pretty much not what I want. Just curious.
Did you really not finish 999 and get the true ending? You're missing out, it's one of the best VNs in the last decade, and has a great sequel. Nothing really has similar quality on Steam.

Last edited by a moderator:
Did you really not finish 999 and get the true ending? You're missing out, it's one of the best VNs in the last decade, and has a great sequel. Nothing really has similar quality on Steam.
mmmmm... I still need to play them. I own both on ds and 3ds.

Watching for deals in the G2A Thread has taken up most of my time as of late.

Good to know. No, I didn't realize what the game was, so I got a dissatisfied ending and never realized I should play it multiple times. Awhile ago, hearing it discussed on the Giantbombcast, I realized I made a mistake. I purchased the game to play on my 3DS and intend to work back through it, but ... backlog, yah know? I definitely will give it a fresh start and look forward to the sequel.

Has anybody here submitted a refund request for anything? If so, have you heard back from them yet? How long did it take?

I just submitted a request for 6 different items which I had purchased over the past few weeks. They're now cheaper thanks to the sale. It's late Sunday night (valve time) so I'm not expecting anything right away. But I'd like to get an idea if I can expect that money refunded before the sale ends. It's almost $50 in steam wallet funds. So I could put that money to good use before the sale ends.
It doesn't take long to hear back, but it will take up to a week for you to get your funds back.

Good to know. No, I didn't realize what the game was, so I got a dissatisfied ending and never realized I should play it multiple times. Awhile ago, hearing it discussed on the Giantbombcast, I realized I made a mistake. I purchased the game to play on my 3DS and intend to work back through it, but ... backlog, yah know? I definitely will give it a fresh start and look forward to the sequel.
Analogue A Hate Story and Hate Plus are good places to start if you haven't played them already. They've been bundled and they're solid as far as indie VNs go.

I would suggest finishing 999 first and then playing VLR. Danganronpa 1 and 2 are great as well if you've got a Vita.

saw the fallout 4 gameplay trailer , looks ugly

the new reboot doom gameplay trailer, looks like they devoted the prey 2 resource towards rebooting doom.

Most of the eroge VNs become free once you realize that those weeaboos will pay out of their asses for badges. Sure, I'll probably never play them; I do it for the +1's. There's some website where you can download free VNs anyway.

There are many just romance visual novels. Some are fun, and some have sc-fi and other interesting elements like time travel. This one in particular (If My Heart Had Wings) is romance mixed with a weird love for flying in self propelled flying machines. I found it quite boring and got all but one ending. If you also want to know I do believe the removed love making scenes do ruin the story as bit as this version was highly censored where even some of the kissing was removed. There is a patch to restore the scenes and I recommend it if you're an adult and because one of the routes would be almost nonexistent without it (hated the route) and another would be crippled as well. I would give the game a solid 6/10 for having excellent art, way too much flying science, and cute girls who all have some underlying motive. Recommended but only in original form. 

It doesn't take long to hear back, but it will take up to a week for you to get your funds back.
Yeah, I just received an email letting me know that my refund for NBA2011 went through. No funds back in the wallet just yet, but I can wait. I should get it in time to use in this sale.

That was damn quick.

the new reboot doom gameplay trailer, looks like they devoted the prey 2 resource towards rebooting doom.
Game looks fine. Elder scrolls/fallout are never the best looking games out there. Just have to be serviceable enough for the rest of the package. Just hoping the rest of the package is as good as it's been in the past.

Has anybody here submitted a refund request for anything? If so, have you heard back from them yet? How long did it take?

I just submitted a request for 6 different items which I had purchased over the past few weeks. They're now cheaper thanks to the sale. It's late Sunday night (valve time) so I'm not expecting anything right away. But I'd like to get an idea if I can expect that money refunded before the sale ends. It's almost $50 in steam wallet funds. So I could put that money to good use before the sale ends.
This happened to my friend.

1. Bought Shadow of Mordor for $35
  2. Played it for 8 hours
  3. The next day, it goes on sale on the front page for $25
  4. Applies for refund
  5. Rejected

So it looks like the rule of getting a refund if it becomes cheaper is still limited to 2 hours.

I was considering buying Dark Souls 2: Scholar of the First Sin but I guess it's still best to wait until the last day.

2. Played it for 8 hours
  4. Applies for refund
  5. Rejected

So it looks like the rule of getting a refund if it becomes cheaper is still limited to 2 hours.

I was considering buying Dark Souls 2: Scholar of the First Sin but I guess it's still best to wait until the last day.
y u hav dum friendz coral

2. Played it for 8 hours
  4. Applies for refund
  5. Rejected

Er... welcome to Steam sales, Coral.

I haven't played many visual novels, but 999 was so good that it justified the entire genre of "game you read like a book" to me. I do recall seeing a lot of other similar stuff recommended but never actually tried them. 

Danganronpa is also very good, but it does edge a little closer to gameplay than novel. It's very similar to Ace Attorney in that half the game is reading the story and half the game is solving the puzzles and interacting with npcs in staged setpieces.

I keep hearing Steins;Gate is good too from the same crowd that hyped up Danganronpa, so I'll try it too whenever it comes out in NA. I think there is room for good story based experiences here, even if the vast majority is after a different type of audience altogether.

Flash Sales
Ending 6/16 Group #1
78% off Alice: Madness Returns - $4.39
40% off Audiosurf 2 - $8.99
80% off Block N Load - $2.99
75% off DCS: Flaming Cliffs 3 - $9.99
75% off F.E.A.R. Collection - $13.74 (75% off base games)
65% off From the Depths - $6.99
40% off Geometry Dash - $2.39
66% off If My Heart Had Wings - $5.09
80% off Killer is Dead - Nightmare Edition - $3.99
70% off LISA - $2.99
80% off Remember Me - $5.99
85% off Slender: The Arrival - $1.49
80% off Star Ruler - $2.99
50% off Star Ruler 2 - $12.49
60% off Star Ruler Bundle - $13.99
60% off Westerado: Double Barreled - $10.49
70% off Ys Origin - $5.99

2. Played it for 8 hours
  4. Applies for refund
  5. Rejected

Why would anyone buy SoM for $35, when there's a SoM Bundle cheaper on BundleStars for $20?

Right here:

http://www.bundlestars.com/all-bundles/middle-earth-shadow-of-mordor-bundle/

Doom SP looks like a cross b/t Doom 3 (looks-wise, but tons better + some of the Doom 3 style horror) and the old-school Doom gameplay (open-wide environments + lots of monster to kill + really violent + more action).

Doom MP sounds like a mixture of Doom setting w/ Quake Arena gameplay.

SnapMap looks like a cool tool, as well.

I'm surprised Doom looked actually good last night. Wasn't really expecting much, given its development Hell history.

Wasnt super impressed with Fallout, but I'm sure its going to be great in the end.

Was really impressed with Doom

Seeing you mention Prey 2 makes me die a little inside. Really loved the first Prey and was excited about the 2nd

2. Played it for 8 hours
  4. Applies for refund
  5. Rejected

i mean, the rules were pretty clear. they're not going to stretch the rules so you can save money at their expense. i bought legend of grimrock 2 but no way am i touching that until 2 weeks after i bought on the off chance its bundled or something in that timespan

Hey guys, just a heads up.

You can get 20% off Steam Gift Cards right now on Ebay using the code CTWENTY

yes i stole it from sd, I'm a real loser.
Apparently this got fixed and no longer works. I read that on Steam reddit and then just threw one in the cart myself to see and sure enough it doesn't work.

Less great of a deal because it's only 10% and you have to drag your ass out to a store if you even have one near is Fry's, but it's something. Today only, 10% off $50 Steam card with code (you have to be signed up for their emails). Also Italian sodas are $1.50.

Because my friends don't scout forums and deals site before buying stuff. They pay even more than I do for games!
Well that's what you are for. My sister is too damned lazy to scout for deals on games so she consults me first.

You need to do a better job as a friend Carl! :p

For anybody worried FO4 won't have skills, here's a picture of the bobblehead stand. There are 13 slots behind the front 7 which obviously appear to be reserved for Special stats. There were 13 skills in FO3. So it certainly appears skills will be coming back. 

Panic subsiding.

Apparently this got fixed and no longer works. I read that on Steam reddit and then just threw one in the cart myself to see and sure enough it doesn't work.

Less great of a deal because it's only 10% and you have to drag your ass out to a store if you even have one near is Fry's, but it's something. Today only, 10% off $50 Steam card with code (you have to be signed up for their emails). Also Italian sodas are $1.50.

what is the refund policy on the italian sodas and do they have drm

what is the refund policy on the italian sodas and do they have drm
I hear if you ask that three times in front of a mirror with the lights off and then turn them on, MysterD will be there and he'll kill you by shoving a diatribe through your eyes.

Also, did anyone else get the sense that Bethesda was just sorta like Oh, yeah and we're also doing this game BattleCry. Here's some press material. You should play it cuz reasons. On the hype meter, this registered a negative two.

bread's done
Back