Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel is $11.20 from the Brazilians.  I know, I know "Wait for ultimate GOTY all-DLC pack" etc.  Just mentioning it because that's probably the best new deal on the site.

Also, Assassins Creed Chronicles: China is just under five bucks.  Uplay on that one.

Last edited by a moderator:
Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel is $11.20 from the Brazilians. I know, I know "Wait for ultimate GOTY all-DLC pack" etc. Just mentioning it because that's probably the best new deal on the site.

Also, Assassins Creed Chronicles: China is just under five bucks. Uplay on that one.
BL: TPS is getting cheaper. That's good, since I still need to tackle the Borderlands 2 DLC's.

After approx. 165 hours, Dragon Age: Inquisition (PC) has been completed. Fantastic RPG. One for the ages, for sure.
Damn. I'm hesitant to play because the time is off putting...I love long immersive rpgs but I've been flying through my backlog this year because I haven't played many long games aside from baldurs gate 2.

That'll end at least when FO4 drops though

Retroism.com Independence Day Deals link: http://retroism.com/july-4th-sale/

Sale Period: July 3 - July 5 

Bundle Deals: 

High Flyin' Bundle $34.95 $3.99

Contents:
- F-117A Nighthawk Stealth Fighter 2.0
- F-19 Stealth Fighter[SIZE=12.8000001907349px] [/SIZE]
- Fleet Defender: The F-14 Tomcat Simulation
- Knights of the Sky
- 1942: Pacific Air War

Wild Huntin' Bundle $15.97 $2.99

Contents:

- Hunting Unlimited 2010
- Crazy Chicken
- Crazy Chicken Invasion
Spy Fox Complete Pack $30.95 $3.99
Contents:

- Spy Fox in "Dry Cereal"
- Spy Fox in Cheese Chase
- Spy Fox in Hold the Mustard

- Spy Fox 2: "Some Assembly Required"
- Spy Fox 3: "Operation Ozone"
Dollar Deals:

Wizardry 8 $9.99 $0.99

Sid Meier's Colonization $6.99 $0.99

18 Wheels of Steel: American Long Haul $9.99 $0.99

Shadow Ops: Red Mercury $6.99 $0.99

Featured Deals:

Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth 1 $29.99 $11.99

Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth 2 $29.99 $11.99

Wizardry 7 $6.99 $1.74

Seven Kingdoms 2 HD Edition $9.99 $4.99

Sid Meier's Pirates $6.99 $1.74

Sid Meier's Covert Action $6.99 $1.74

Drakensang: The River of Time $19.99 $4.99

The Labyrinth of Time $5.99 $1.49

Inherit The Earth $5.99 $1.49

Eradicator $4.99 $1.24

Tex Murphy The Pandora Directive $9.99 $2.49

Prison Tycoon Alcatraz $9.99 $2.49

Gunship! $6.99 $1.74

Rex Nebular $6.99 $1.74

Command HQ $6.99 $1.74

Hahaha, that little kid threw a bitch fit in the trade cesspool and "is afraid to ever post here again" and "mods please hold these users accountable for their actions" which was pointing out that he's selling free and dollar tier items for $20 and $30 just because they're priced more on Steam. Maybe I should buy some dollar tier Humble Bundles and sell the Trine 2 keys for $5?  :rofl:

Having a good laugh at his posts. See you guys later when htz bans me.

EDIT: Oh my god, he's selling Red Orchestra 2 GUEST PASSES on ebay for $2.69.

After about 140 hours, finished the Witcher 3. Combat did get really boring and easy (had no trouble killing a level 48 griffin at 33). Did every quest and almost everything on the map (except maybe 1~2). Finished at level 34, hit 35 after the last story quest.

Very happy with the ending, cause the choices I picked ended up being what I would have liked the ending to be.

Radovid dead, Whoreson dead, Ciri became a Witcher, Geralt retired with Yen.

So yeah, the Battlefield 3 alpha has been fun. Not a lot of depth b/c Alpha, but its gorgeous and the things you want from it, its got. Just about a day one purchase for me.

Also, Zero Escape 3 has finally been officially revealed! Summer 2016! inb4 no1 cares aside from me.
Spoder, have I ever told you that there are actually two identical Titanics and the ship we're on now is probably the one that Lord Gordain bought? Or that archaeologists found a perfectly preserved mummy who's frozen in ice that never melts? How about Schrodinger's cat, have I ever told you about that? And did you know that the nineth lion ate the sun?

Translation for people who aren't spoder: I care. A lot.

Damn. I'm hesitant to play because the time is off putting...I love long immersive rpgs but I've been flying through my backlog this year because I haven't played many long games aside from baldurs gate 2.

That'll end at least when FO4 drops though
Mind you, the game (Dragon Age: Inquisition) can be finished in likely quite a bit less than that. Really depends on how much side-questing you do decide to do.

Check HowLongToBeat. Playthroughs can range anywhere from 40-50 hours to...well, you can see where mine went (165 hours).

I wound up w/ a Playthrough similar towards that of a Completionist side of things - which for me, w/ a game of especially of this length, is quite rare. I believe I did all of the Loyalty Quests - since I kept bothering the important NPC's til they stopped giving me their Important quests up until they stopped giving me quests, right before the end.

But I also actually did most of the other side-quests - even the collect-a-thons + MMO-style quests (get X this, kill X enemies, find X area, etc etc). I didn't do all the side-quests, but a great majority of them.

Granted, when you finish the game - you may continue in the game-world to do side-quests. Just...not all quests will be available to you, once you finish the game - which the game tells you + warns you, right before you do the last Main Quest.

It looked like all the Collect-A-Thons and unimportant side-stuff (that MMO-like stuff set there for grinding purposes) that I didn't do was still there to do, once I finished the Main Quest. From what I read about finishing the game online and what sticks around and what doesn't - it looks like Loyalty Quests and Main Quests need to be finished, before doing the final mission.

BTW - the last mission was freaking awesome!

Spoder, have I ever told you that there are actually two identical Titanics and the ship we're on now is probably the one that Lord Gordain bought? Or that archaeologists found a perfectly preserved mummy who's frozen in ice that never melts? How about Schrodinger's cat, have I ever told you about that? And did you know that the nineth lion ate the sun?

Translation for people who aren't spoder: I care. A lot.
You're not the only one. I'm definitely pre-ordering this one. I missed out on the watch both times before, to my dismay. This time, if we get one, or whatever we get, it will be mine!

You're not the only one. I'm definitely pre-ordering this one. I missed out on the watch both times before, to my dismay. This time, if we get one, or whatever we get, it will be mine!
Those watches were really great preorder bonuses. I missed out on the first one (wasn't into the series at the time), but preordered for the 2nd watch. They're worth at least the cost of the games alone.

After about 140 hours, finished the Witcher 3. Combat did get really boring and easy (had no trouble killing a level 48 griffin at 33). Did every quest and almost everything on the map (except maybe 1~2). Finished at level 34, hit 35 after the last story quest.

Very happy with the ending, cause the choices I picked ended up being what I would have liked the ending to be.

Radovid dead, Whoreson dead, Ciri became a Witcher, Geralt retired with Yen.
I hit 100 hours because I skipped some of the boring contracts that I ended up overlevelled for and only looked for the power stones. Amazing game, definitely glad I got it for $25 but would have been worth it for even more. My ending was exactly what I was hoping for.

Radovid dead, Whoreson dead, Ciri is empress of the world, Geralt living it up with Triss

Maybe I will fire up Sid Meier's Colonization today and try to fend off those British terrorists.

edit: bonus video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XGc4B1V0ZaQ

Hahaha, that little kid threw a bitch fit in the trade cesspool and "is afraid to ever post here again" and "mods please hold these users accountable for their actions" which was pointing out that he's selling free and dollar tier items for $20 and $30 just because they're priced more on Steam. Maybe I should buy some dollar tier Humble Bundles and sell the Trine 2 keys for $5? :rofl:

Having a good laugh at his posts. See you guys later when htz bans me.

EDIT: Oh my god, he's selling Red Orchestra 2 GUEST PASSES on ebay for $2.69.
That was the most entertaining thing I've read in a long time.

YOU ARE A TROLL. YOU HAVE NOT PMED ME. YOU HAVE CHOSEN TO POST PURPOSEFULLY! YOU POSTED ON PURPOSE!

Those watches were really great preorder bonuses. I missed out on the first one (wasn't into the series at the time), but preordered for the 2nd watch. They're worth at least the cost of the games alone.
Thanks for reminding me I still have one of those things to sell.

Well, this is something. Minecraft is getting a new Windows 10 version that will launch alongside the OS on July 29th. It's free if you already own Minecraft on PC, and will launch at only $10 which is way cheaper than PC Minecraft has been since probably 2010 or so.

Well, this is something. Minecraft is getting a new Windows 10 version that will launch alongside the OS on July 29th. It's free if you already own Minecraft on PC, and will launch at only $10 which is way cheaper than PC Minecraft has been since probably 2010 or so.
Christ I've been waiting for that damned game to go on a good sale since like the beginning of time. I'm already doing the win10 preview and will stick with it on release so I might have to grab that.

We all have that friend without many PC games that wants us to play Minecraft with him/her on his/her server run from a 2006 Dell laptop with integrated graphics. It's a huuuuuuuuuuuuge time sink and you'll probably spend a hundred hours making an exact replica of King's Landing out of blocks. Just remember to make it in Creative mode so a giant green dick doesn't explode on your doorstep and ruin the whole thing.

Blank+_ceb240111e0b3f6dc7dcd16eff9931aa.jpg

Good OS? Should I upgrade from trusty Win7?
I like it. It doesn't have that schizophrenic thing going on that win8 did pretending a desktop is a tablet. The apps now launch in a window on the desktop like any other program and it all feels organic. Start button menu is back too which is nice. Overall it works really well for a desktop. I feel like they took the good parts of windows 8 and then reworked it so it feels like an actual desktop OS, while keeping the app functionality, and not just a mobile OS shoehorned onto a desktop.

I like it. It doesn't have that schizophrenic thing going on that win8 did pretending a desktop is a tablet. The apps now launch in a window on the desktop like any other program and it all feels organic. Start button menu is back too which is nice. Overall it works really well for a desktop. I feel like they took the good parts of windows 8 and then reworked it so it feels like an actual desktop OS, while keeping the app functionality, and not just a mobile OS shoehorned onto a desktop.
Have you seen any incompatibilities with anything? About the same as Win 8? Better? Worse?

Have you seen any incompatibilities with anything? About the same as Win 8? Better? Worse?
Everything is pretty much the same as Windows 8. I haven't run into any separate compatibility issues, no. I did an upgrade on top of Windows 8 and it kept everything installed and haven't run into any issues at all, other than old games that already had issues with Windows 8 to begin with.

Really it just feels a lot like Windows 8 only with the separate app part better integrated into the desktop.

Everything is pretty much the same as Windows 8. I haven't run into any separate compatibility issues, no. I did an upgrade on top of Windows 8 and it kept everything installed and haven't run into any issues at all, other than old games that already had issues with Windows 8 to begin with.

Really it just feels a lot like Windows 8 only with the separate app part better integrated into the desktop.
I skipped Win 8 entirely, as I've never had any reason to abandon 7. Although I like the free update thing, what I'd really like to know is if there is any compelling reason to upgrade to 10 when 7 has never left me wanting for anything.

I believe I read that the new Xbox One wireless controller dongle only works with Windows 10, which seems pretty lame (so it is probably true).

I skipped Win 8 entirely, as I've never had any reason to abandon 7. Although I like the free update thing, what I'd really like to know is if there is any compelling reason to upgrade to 10 when 7 has never left me wanting for anything.
I believe I read that the new Xbox One wireless controller dongle only works with Windows 10, which seems pretty lame (so it is probably true).
I hadn't heard about the XB1 controller thing but would not surprise me. I know there are supposed to be some Windows 10 PC exclusives like the new Fable game and I guess whatever this version of Minecraft is going be. Supposedly it's really easy to port over Xbox One games to Windows 10.

For reasons to upgrade besides free? I do play some of the apps, there's some halfway decent ones to me so there's that. I like that they in unobtrusive and can just launch via the desktop instead of having to go to the mobile UI. As an OS Windows 10 has been really stable for me and runs well.

Having said all that, if you're happy with 7 and it works for you and you aren't much interested in ever running the apps or any of the exclusives that's fine too. I do think 10 will be more familiar than 8 was for users coming from 7 but if you just don't want to make the switch then don't, at least as long as you're happy with the OS you have and it's still supported.

Public Announcement: jshackles has released the Idle Master Helper which idles 25 games at a time for 2 hours to speed up card drops. It is like the old DOS version of Idle Master so you need to use cookie data like previously.

See details below for the download and setup instructions:

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/idlemastery/discussions/0/523890681409043070/

EDIT: Regarding windows 10, the big reason to upgrade may be DirectX 12 which supposedly drastically increases performance but I am sure it will take awhile for developers to adopt DX12 so it is not a must upgrade immediately reason.

Bah... I'm sooo freakin bored.  First real day off in weeks and I'm sitting here staring at my library and wanting to boot up FO3 which I have on disc somewhere in storage.

Besides what has been touched on already, the free upgrade is available for a limited time. Since it is derived from Windows 8, it's going to be much more stable and trouble-free than the "in-between" OS'es.

In-between OS'es?

Win 98

Win ME <--- sucked

WinXP

Win Vista <--- sucked

Win 7

Win 8 <--- weird (but better now that it's 8.1)

Win 10

I'm still using the old Idle Master, mainly because I got it up and running and it still works.

Finished the Sniper Elite 3 campaign.  Was fun; if you've played V2 then there's not much different mechanically but the maps are much more open and there's almost no close quarter building stuff going on.  In V2 it felt like I spent half my time run & gunning with the SMG whereas in 3 I don't think I used my SMG more than three or four times the whole game.  The story was no great shakes but, c'mon, you only play these games for the long distance 200m shots that go through some unfortunate Nazi dude's dong.

As a gamer, you're going to want to upgrade to 10 simply for DirectX12. Once games start hitting that use it (within a year), you don't want to be left behind if its as powerful as expected. Its not going to be available for any prior version as its a 10 exclusive. If you're planning on getting a new PC within the next 6 months to a year, then I can see not bothering upgrade, but the free upgrade is enough IMO to consider an early adoption simply because of DX12. AMD dropped Mantle completely simply because of DX12. Its a potential game changer.

I have Windows 8.1. It was pre-loaded on my PC I got last September. I don't like it as much as Windows 7, but I'm used to it now and some things are better than in 7. You're just used to 7. You'll get used to 10.

Public Announcement: jshackles has released the Idle Master Helper which idles 25 games at a time for 2 hours to speed up card drops. It is like the old DOS version of Idle Master so you need to use cookie data like previously.
Woohoo, back to the good old days. The version that required you to log in through a fake browser window didn't work for me. It always froze after a while and spawned endless error messages.

Everything was not for sale lol.
You're Yuropeen, you don't know what freedom is!

My friend pointed this out to me.

RED ASH - The Inedible Legend

Kickstarter Link

Looks to be a Keiji Inafune inspired Kickstarter for a Mega Man Legends type game. I guess we can likely cross this one off of many peoples' wish lists too! I'll help it if it needs any help funding, but I will buy this game on release easily.

bread's done
Back