Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
I like how SWTOR just decides for me I want the test server files with the base game, forcing me to uninstall a bunch of games to make space and wondering why the hell it needed way more then the 25gb thought it'd use (to add, I only found out it was for the test server by looking up online, doesn't even tell you). 

First world problems and all that shit, though be nice if they let you just kill the test server DL if you don't want it. 

GMG Day 5 Deals are live.

I don't have any direct link to the day 5 sale, but I have been checking and I saw this deal

75% - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood - $5.00 (Steam)

Lowest price yet!!

Remeber you can apply another 20% off with voucher: GMGSUM-MERSAL-E20OFF

Full list here:

https://www.reddit.com/r/GameDeals/comments/3d8emc/green_man_gaming_day_5_nightmare_live_thread/
Wolfenstein The New Order is a preorder key, so it should have the TF2 items if anyone cares.

Well, I'll stick to The Old Blood only. Thanks.
It's random, so there might be a chance of getting something decent out of it. I know a few people were getting MagNets keys the other day when buying ESO, all of the other mystery games probably suck though.

Last edited by a moderator:
**** DEAL TALK KLAXON ****

As you avid cricket fans will no doubt be aware, The Ashes (not that one) is currently taking place in England. It's a five game series between England and Australia to win possession of a teeny, tiny little urn. Nothing gaudy like the Stanley Cup or whatnot.

So, Big Ant Studios, maker of the only two decent cricket games on Steam - Don Bradman Cricket 14 and Tabletop Cricket - is currently having a 50% off sale on both titles on their site (www.bigant.com). You'll need a credit card but each title rewards a Steam key.

RoOq7ff.jpg

Don Bradman Cricket 14 (the proper one) is AU$30 which I work out to be $22.30/£14.31 and around a 55%/59% discount. I'd only buy this if you don't like cricket, you love it.

Of potentially more interest is Tabletop Cricket, a more casual cricket game which is AU$5.00 which I believe is $3.72/£2.39 and a 63%/76% discount (we got shafted on that one).

Credit to me for the deal. Because I'm awesome.

:whee:

P.s. I've bought Tabletop, will have to ponder Don Bradman a while, although I've heard it's the best of breed and I really should be jumping all over it.

Offtopic: MysterD, did you see the triple threat match on RAW tonight? hell of a match
Yep! Awesome match w/ Rusev, Owens, and Cesaro. :)

Also was awesome to see some more Divas (from NXT, that can actually wrestle) actually on Raw, as well. WWE Creative + booking staff better not screw this up.

Old Blood at 5€ is like insta buy.

That happened to me yesterday with the Skyrim Legendary Edition. I think I bought it just as it was selling out. I opened a support ticket and they got back to me really quick with a key even though it was supposed to be Sold Out by then. That coupled with how GMG conveniently gets games back in stock right after a sale ends makes me suspect they actually have more keys but only want to sell a set number at the sale price.
Yeah I opened ticket too and waiting for answer. I guess refund is worst case.

**** DEAL TALK KLAXON ****

As you avid cricket fans will no doubt be aware, The Ashes (not that one) is currently taking place in England. It's a five game series between England and Australia to win possession of a teeny, tiny little urn. Nothing gaudy like the Stanley Cup or whatnot.

So, Big Ant Studios, maker of the only two decent cricket games on Steam - Don Bradman Cricket 14 and Tabletop Cricket - is currently having a 50% off sale on both titles on their site (www.bigant.com). You'll need a credit card but each title rewards a Steam key.

Don Bradman Cricket 14 (the proper one) is AU$30 which I work out to be $22.30/£14.31 and around a 55%/59% discount. I'd only buy this if you don't like cricket, you love it.

Of potentially more interest is Tabletop Cricket, a more casual cricket game which is AU$5.00 which I believe is $3.72/£2.39 and a 63%/76% discount (we got shafted on that one).

Credit to me for the deal. Because I'm awesome.

:whee:

P.s. I've bought Tabletop, will have to ponder Don Bradman a while, although I've heard it's the best of breed and I really should be jumping all over it.
Tabletop Cricket sucks I didn't even figure what I'm supposed to do! (Maybe cricket is not for me)

We ran out of keys for this title i'm afraid and we will be unable to provide any more keys for the time being.

Because we cannot fulfill this order I have refunded your purchase.
:(

NewEgg has a PC downloads sale with 2K, UbiSoft, Activision, and Square Enix deals.

Since CAG breaks links often, use this search in their search bar to bring those deals up:

"PPSSOVPVSLGLEM"

Check your e-mail, click the link in there to the sale, and scroll to the very bottom of the sale's web-page to see the promo code for an extra 15% off PC downloads titles in this sale.

I don't own Wolfenstein and expect I won't do until it drops to mega-cheap levels.

Am I missing anything by jumping straight into The Old Blood? It's a standalone, right?

I don't own Wolfenstein and expect I won't do until it drops to mega-cheap levels.

Am I missing anything by jumping straight into The Old Blood? It's a standalone, right?

Yes... and no.

You don't need to own TNO, but Old Blood builds upon New Order's game system. And a lot of story things in Old Blood explain things about New Order.

If you care about story, it kinda spoils a few things. I definitely wouldn't have liked to play Old Blood before New Order.

Also, about that Newegg sale: 2K and Activision's prices suck, as always, but Legend of Korra is cheap.

Up for grabs!

Summer Sale Mystery Game:
38P5Q-I65PW-Y8B77
Got it. Thanks!

EDIT:

GMG Day 5 Deals are live.

I don't have any direct link to the day 5 sale, but I have been checking and I saw this deal

75% - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood - $5.00 (Steam)

Lowest price yet!!

Remeber you can apply another 20% off with voucher: GMGSUM-MERSAL-E20OFF
Wo0t for 75% off + 20% extra on top.

In for Wolf: TOB at $4.

Wolf: TNO was awesome.

been pretty happy with this gmg sale so far. been able to pick up some older shooters that never seem to go more than 1/2 off on steam (doom series, blood) and a few rpgs. been better than i anticipated so far. debating wolfenstein the old blood. part of me says just pass until the new order goes on sale for a price i want it at but then the other part of me says that w/the voucher at four bucks its not gonna be cheaper than that anytime soon.

edit: picked up the old blood because im sure you guys care

been pretty happy with this gmg sale so far. been able to pick up some older shooters that never seem to go more than 1/2 off on steam (doom series, blood) and a few rpgs. been better than i anticipated so far. debating wolfenstein the old blood. part of me says just pass until the new order goes on sale for a price i want it at but then the other part of me says that w/the voucher at four bucks its not gonna be cheaper than that anytime soon.

edit: picked up the old blood because im sure you guys care
B/c of our sacrifices, Wolfenstein HB incoming soon. ;)

EDIT:

Where's muh GMG 40% off Fallout 4 preorder?
I like the way you think.

Though, I'd rather it be 50% off (or better). :)

That price for TOB is crazy good.  Very solid game.  I'd recommend having played TNO first just for the sake of story construction and because TNO is a more fleshed out game with better plot/characters and TOB is more "Ok, now that you know all that... let's just go fuck up some Nazis"

Still... for four bucks...

You could actually write into him and request a key for the way too expensive even after a 50% MSRP price drop and 50% off sale, perpetually Early Access FaeVerse Alchemy, aka shittier version of tetris made in Flash game. He refused to actually upload the keys to the Soapsuds account, which he actually went to the trouble of making so as to make it look like he might actually be productive someday, because reasons.

I feel like he peaked at Faerie Solitaire and it's all been vap-O-ware and nonsense since then. Shame really because that game is kind of a casual masterpiece. It's one of the few sorta kinda Big Fishy games that non Big Fishy people will play. If you pay attention to the story that shit is dark too.

That happened to me yesterday with the Skyrim Legendary Edition. I think I bought it just as it was selling out. I opened a support ticket and they got back to me really quick with a key even though it was supposed to be Sold Out by then. That coupled with how GMG conveniently gets games back in stock right after a sale ends makes me suspect they actually have more keys but only want to sell a set number at the sale price.
GMG took down the page for CID, so I don't think it's coming back into stock.

GMG took down the page for CID, so I don't think it's coming back into stock.
It's not like they can get anymore keys for it anyway. It was removed from Steam a while ago, and the dev hasn't shown any activity on the Steam forum.

If you care about story, it kinda spoils a few things. I definitely wouldn't have liked to play Old Blood before New Order.
I don't think it spoils much and, frankly, TNO's plot is still B-movie quality (and intentionally so, I believe) so having a point spoiled isn't the end of the world. I think that TNO should be played first because it's just a more complete, rounded game.

Sort of like franchise titles (Fallout Tactics) or DLC (Mafia II: Jimmy's Vendetta) that just has you doing the combat bits without the story elements of the main games. The Old Blood fortunately does a great job with the combat so it's fun just as a shoot 'em up but I think it fits better as something to do after experiencing the main story rather than in lieu of.

It's not like they can get anymore keys for it anyway. It was removed from Steam a while ago, and the dev hasn't shown any activity on the Steam forum.
I console myself with the fact that the game is reportedly a poor port and not very good. On the other hand, delisted +1 :cry:

I was surprised how well Wolfenstein TNO played on 6870.

i3 sucks thought. (I have high-end i7)

$16. I need both. Maybe a 960? [ycs]
If you're going for a NVidia 960 - forget the 2GB option! Instead just aim for the 4GB 960. And catch that 4GB 960 in a sale, when it's cheaper, racked-up w/ Gift Cards, and/or something along that sort.

Let's face it - 2GB 960 likely won't be cutting it anymore for anything newer, aiming for high-end cards, multi-platformed (especially if AAA - since we PC gamers often seem to be an after-thought and b/c consoles pushed up higher minimum + recommended requirements), and/or being poorly optimized (i.e. see Batman: AK, AC: Unity, The Evil Within, Watch Dogs). So many games are eating up 2GB-4GB VRAM - especially at these higher settings and those I just listed in parenthesis - it ain't even funny.

4GB 960 seems to be handling anything I want to throw at it at 1080p w/ often Very High to Ultra settings in games.

I'm torn on this Wolfenstein deal.  $16 for base game and expansion is pretty good and I'd be surprised if you can get it for better than that in the Winter Sale.  Then again TNO has to have a msrp drop sometime doesn't it??

Wanted to like this post, but then it reminded me that MysterD didn't return his 960.

Funny-Cat-GIF.gif
The 4GB 960 with a 128-bit bus is running all of my new games just fine for me at 1080p. Most games, running on Very High to Ultra here.

And I don't even have to worry about that 3.5GB VRAM roadblock of a wall + limit that unfortunately the 4.0 GB 3.5GB VRAM 970's have to deal with. It's a shame NVidia saddled that 970 card w/ such crap, when they advertised it to be 4GB VRAM at 256-bit on the bus in the first place; when it fact they split it for 3.5GB VRAM at 256-bit + 0.5 GB 32-bit bus.

EDIT:

I'm guessing Batman: AK PC wouldn't be too happy on High settings on a 970, as it's running over the 970's 3.5GB wall - often hitting 3700-4000MB VRAM usage on High settings.

The 4GB 960 with a 128-bit bus is running all of my new games just fine for me at 1080p.

And I don't even have to worry about that 3.5GB VRAM roadblock of a wall + limit that unfortunately the 4.0 GB 3.5GB VRAM 970's have to deal with. It's a shame NVidia saddled that 970 card w/ such crap, when they advertised it to be 4GB VRAM at 256-bit on the bus in the first place; when it fact they split it for 3.5GB VRAM at 256-bit + 0.5 GB 32-bit bus.
I like that you like your mistake.

bread's done
Back