Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
Oh man...I feel special for you having wasted one of your 762 posts on quoting me! Thanks lurker and Witcher 3 fanboy. None of the GOTY nominees were even that great besides one of them...but it was an exclusive so of course it wouldn't win (not super mario).

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh man...I feel special for you having wasted one of your 762 posts on quoting me! Thanks lurker and Witcher 3 fanboy. None of the GOTY nominees were even that great besides one of them...but it was an exclusive so of course it wouldn't win (not super mario).
I think poxi means, Why did you watch that shitty awards show that has always been shit and expect it not to be shit? Are you a Geoff Keighley?

Video game awards are stupid, who knew? What other hobby has all these dumb ass awards and events? When was the last time you watched the sewing quilts championships? Which stamp won last years stamp of the year? Video gaming is the most moronic thing ever thanks to millennial narcissist generation. People that identify as "gamers" should be tracked down and locked up on a remote island (with dinosaurs).

Well if he meant that then I am just stupid and super salty about life atm -.-

My apologies and my bad 

I think poxi means, Why did you watch that shitty awards show that has always been shit and expect it not to be shit? Are you a Geoff Keighley?
I actually only watched like 10 min and hated myself for it. Such a complete waste of time. I also like how they try to make it look super busy and packed in the building yet it's because it's a tiny room.

Video game awards are stupid, who knew? What other hobby has all these dumb ass awards and events? When was the last time you watched the sewing quilts championships? Which stamp won last years stamp of the year?
Because people involved in video games are desperate to have games seen as Legitimate Media. Movies and television shows and music has award shows so video games must need them too because they're just as important!

Close enough. That's why I didn't even try to argue.
ALWAYS ARGUE!!!

It's the internetz ;D

I honestly should stay off forums for the time being...bad news after bad news means I post asshole'ish things.

Stupid OPM hack letter...job ending...life is awesome woooooo!!!

ALWAYS ARGUE!!!

It's the internetz ;D

I honestly should stay off forums for the time being...bad news after bad news means I post asshole'ish things.

Stupid OPM hack letter...job ending...life is awesome woooooo!!!
Ohhhh! You're a Federal *Contractor* aren't you?

I'd rather buy Shadow Complex on Steam than get it for free on some shitty required client that I've never heard of. Not sure what they were thinking.

We've already got Steam, Origin, and Uplay, we don't need another client.
It's better than having to buy an Xbox360. There's very little left on that platform that I wanted and haven't been able to get on PC at this point. Not that I want another client either, but in this case I'm happy to install, beat it, and uninstall.

I'd rather buy Shadow Complex on Steam than get it for free on some shitty required client that I've never heard of. Not sure what they were thinking.

I wonder if they're planning to use the client for the new Unreal so that they won't have to split the microtransaction profits with Valve.

It's better than having to buy an Xbox360. There's very little left on that platform that I wanted and haven't been able to get on PC at this point. Not that I want another client either, but in this case I'm happy to install, beat it, and uninstall.
I got it for "free" on 360 too. GameStop gave away a million dollars (or more?) in Xbox credit about a year ago. Was easy to farm $200 from that. It was one of the few things I bought with Xbox credit, there are barely any exclusives I wanted.

Lizard, I think you nailed it.

Telltale Euro Cars Simulator 2.

Telltale_Games_logo.png

cars_disney_logo_by_shockbr-d90gwu7.png

Cartoon-Truck-3.png

Forgive my naivete but I'm brand new to the wild world of PC gaming. What's the general consensus on CDKeys.com? I know it's grey market, but is it reliable? Do you guys use them or are the too-good-to-be-true prices not worth the hassle? I'm eyeing MKX for $8...

Forgive my naivete but I'm brand new to the wild world of PC gaming. What's the general consensus on CDKeys.com? I know it's grey market, but is it reliable? Do you guys use them or are the too-good-to-be-true prices not worth the hassle? I'm eyeing MKX for $8...
I have bought zero games from cdkeys and never had a problem.

I believe I have bought 1 thing from CDkeys and I did not have a problem with it.  It's basically a site that resells keys from regions where the games are priced cheaper.  

Forgive my naivete but I'm brand new to the wild world of PC gaming. What's the general consensus on CDKeys.com? I know it's grey market, but is it reliable?
By its very definition as grey market, it is not reliable.

If you want to build up your Steam library start by getting bundles from Humble Bundle, then wait for the next big Steam sale which is in a couple weeks. You can also hit up the Steam buy/sell thread and pick up tons of cheap games that have previously been bundled.

The only thing I've bought from CDKeys was Mad Max which was a pre-order and around 68% cheaper than MSRP.

I made sure to play that bad boy straight away in case it ever disappears from my library.

As for MKX, it's Warner Bros so it'll be legitimately cheap some day anyways. Possibly even Humble Bundled.

Tip: if you're late to the Steam hoarding party, Bundle Stars consistently come up with reasonably priced bundles. They're often full of stuff that most of us have, but to newbies I imagine they're very attractive.

Welcome to your addiction.

:grouphug:

So bad news, then... But how else am I going to get my Steam Library up to a respectable number?
There has been a doctoral thesis written on the subject.... just in this thread family.

What I would do if starting from a clean slate?

Identify the mega game bundles on steam that you find interest in. eg.

1. Valve Complete Pack $99 will be mere dollars during a good sale. - lowest price was $24.99

2. Eidos Anthology $207 - lowest price was $31.19

3. GTA Collection $49.99 - lowest price was $9.99

4. Warhammer 40K collection $79.99 - lowest price was $19.99

Other Notable Mentions

Bethesda Games Bundle - During some sales & Especially @ Quake CON there is usually an AWESOME Bethesda games pack for cheap.

Tom Clancy Echelon Edition $39.99 - lowest price was $9.99

Star Wars Collection $99.99 - lowest price was $22.99

Tripwire bundle $99.99 - lowest price was $19.99

FEAR Collection $54.99 - lowest price was $13.71

mai waifu >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> trash >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> youre waifu >>> all other sluts except Luka >>> Luka

I got hit by the hack too. Now the Chinese know about how much I haaaaaate video games. Bring it you trashy commies. Your ugly homogenous culture can never an will never produce a single good video game. Eat shit fuck ers.

I'm about to try Witcher 3. It would literally be the worst thing to happen to me all year if it turns out to be good. I would have to reevaluate a lot of genre conventional wisdom I have accumulated and I would have to finally give those meme "bro tier" developers actual props. They've let me down for two Witcher games already and so I'm stuck in the perverse position of hoping they let me down again. I invite you all to take bets on what my opinion of it will be. I assure you it would be the most begrudging positive review I will ever give if I... eugh... like it.

I've heard so many good things about Undertale. Can't wait til it's Underbundled.
60% of them are true. And that's enough. When you get it, bump it to the top of your backlog. You will not regret it.

I got hit by the hack too. Now the Chinese know about how much I haaaaaate video games. Bring it you trashy commies. Your ugly homogenous culture can never an will never produce a single good video game. Eat shit fuck ers.

I'm about to try Witcher 3. It would literally be the worst thing to happen to me all year if it turns out to be good. I would have to reevaluate a lot of genre conventional wisdom I have accumulated and I would have to finally give those meme "bro tier" developers actual props. They've let me down for two Witcher games already and so I'm stuck in the perverse position of hoping they let me down again. I invite you all to take bets on what my opinion of it will be. I assure you it would be the most begrudging positive review I will ever give if I... eugh... like it.

60% of them are true. And that's enough. When you get it, bump it to the top of your backlog. You will not regret it.
$10 on enjoying it.

I didn't like 1 or 2 and liked 3 alot, but also only played about 3/4 of it.

yeah I mean if you have to go shady GMG at least seems to care about its rep.

Also YOU can be shady and buy from a legit store in another cheaper region like Nuuvem or Gamersgate.

As for MKX, it's Warner Bros so it'll be legitimately cheap some day anyways. Possibly even Humble Bundled.

Tip: if you're late to the Steam hoarding party, Bundle Stars consistently come up with reasonably priced bundles. They're often full of stuff that most of us have, but to newbies I imagine they're very attractive.

Welcome to your addiction.

:grouphug:

There has been a doctoral thesis written on the subject.... just in this thread family.

What I would do if starting from a clean slate?

Identify the mega game bundles on steam that I'm interested in. eg.

1. Valve Complete Pack $99 will be mere dollars during a good sale. - lowest price was $24.99

2. Eidos Anthology $207 - lowest price was $31.19

3. GTA Collection $49.99 - lowest price was $9.99

4. Warhammer 40K collection $79.99 - lowest price was $19.99

Other Notable Mentions

Bethesda Games Bundle - During some sales & Especially @ Quake CON there is usually an AWESOME Bethesda games pack for cheap.

Tom Clancy Echelon Edition $39.99 - lowest price was $9.99

Star Wars Collection $99.99 - lowest price was $22.99

Tripwire bundle $99.99 - lowest price was $19.99

FEAR Collection $54.99 - lowest price was $13.71
Thanks! I'm not starting from zero. I bought most of the Humble Indie Bundles so I'm just over 100 games. It's just that I can finally play some of them (just upgraded from an integrated graphics 2009 Macbook to a i5 Skylake 960m laptop). I put a bunch of games on my wishlist last week but only bought Skyrim, mostly to see how good I could get it to look on my machine. I'm ready to spend more in the Winter sale, and whatever bundles pop up in the meantime.

I hope no one bought the Indie Royale Nudge/Debut 5 Bundles.. because uh yeah.. this happened. Have fun getting your key.
I dont even remember if I bought the Debut 5 or not, have to look, but what an asshat. I hope people rip him 18 new assholes.

Also what dumb fucks upvoted that?

Edit: whew, didnt buy those bundles. Have fun yall that did. Give him hell.

I have had no complaints shopping on Cdkeys. People can get scared but I have had nothing but pleasant shopping with them.

$10 on enjoying it.

I didn't like 1 or 2 and liked 3 alot, but also only played about 3/4 of it.
You monsters love tormenting me. Do you people realize there is literally NOTHING in this world worse than eating humble pie? NOTHING. Where is my Bethesda thesis gonna go if these guys show themselves to finally be minimally competent? fuck!

+1

At this point since gmg has been outed as basically doing the same thing as cdkeys for alot of publishers, why not just go with the store that has the much cheaper price. So far Ive bought about 4 or 5 games from cdkeys, no issues what so ever. And due to gmg's real shitty pre-order screw ups lately everyone I know cancelled all their orders on gmg and switched. Cdkeys offered the same level of customer service but with better prices

g2a/kinguin on the other hand, well thats just an ebay free for all with keys from stolen CCs

My allegiance is against Kojima just for trolling me with MGS2
Pfffffffft hahahahahahahaha.

I bought MGS2 knowing dick about the story and the twist, and I still found the fact you got the main character switched out pretty entertaining. Maybe I'm just more forgiving about these things.

Pfffffffft hahahahahahahaha.

I bought MGS2 knowing dick about the story and the twist, and I still found the fact you got the main character switched out pretty entertaining. Maybe I'm just more forgiving about these things.
No I liked Raiden. He was a little bit more whiny than necessary. (This is your job you buffoon. What you've been training for? Why are you cracking under pressure? Why not juxtapose some rookie sentimentality alongside Snake's professionalism? Stillman's death would have been an excellent chance for Raiden to ask if he had something to tell a loved one while Snake asked pragmatic what do we need to do crap. Still girly and rookie but at least less so but whatever he was still fine.)

My problem was Kojima shattered his own universe to preach some trite nonsense about media control. That was a far far worse troll. Betrayed the universe. Betrayed the players. Wasted our time. Enraptured a bunch of dopes into thinking it was deep rather than silly.

I was always fine with the Raiden train.

FYI: I will field the Raiden question 7 days a week with a smile. It's all part of the game with regard to MGS2.

You want to troll me? Here's how. Ask me why Apollo Justice is hot garbage. I will nerd out about it. Quote the wall of text but do not respond to any point in it. Reply with "You're just bitter it is starring Apollo not Phoenix." I will full rage every single time.

FYI: I will field the Raiden question 7 days a week with a smile. It's all part of the game with regard to MGS2.

You want to troll me? Here's how. Ask me why Apollo Justice is hot garbage. I will nerd out about it. Quote the wall of text but do not respond to any point in it. Reply with "You're just bitter it is starring Apollo not Phoenix." I will full rage every single time.
How about if I tell you that I had NO FRICKIN IDEA who Appolo Justice was before right clicking & googling it? :)

[Or that I purposefully misspelled apollo]

I don't even know why your obsessed with those weird japanese story games when they don't even have boobies.

Video game awards are stupid, who knew? What other hobby has all these dumb ass awards and events? When was the last time you watched the sewing quilts championships? Which stamp won last years stamp of the year? Video gaming is the most moronic thing ever thanks to millennial narcissist generation. People that identify as "gamers" should be tracked down and locked up on a remote island (with dinosaurs).
Woo, that's like a free copy of Ark.

I'm not sure what their long term plans are with that, to be honest. It started off as simply being a subscription update tool for Unreal Engine 4 licensees. Now they've tacked on their weird free and beta experiments. I guess they're just swimming in cash from licensing their engine and can't be bothered selling stuff anymore. Kinda like how Valve has become with their games since Steam. I don't think Epic is looking to make a storefront because I don't think they can be bothered.

I'd throw a few bucks at a fully Steam integrated Shadow Complex and I know a few others that would as well.

bread's done
Back