Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
Saw it last night.  I'm a casual fan -- grew up with the original trilogy, didn't have much use for the prequels -- but my wife's goofy friend bought tickets as did her husband and so they gave us the extra pair.  It was good, not great, with a couple telling flaws keeping it from being as good as it could be.  But overall an entertaining way to spend a couple of hours.

I dunno if you guys have been on the internet or watched tv or listened to the radio or read a magazine or thought a thought in the past couple of weeks or months, but apparently there's a new Star Wars movie out today.

It totally flew under my radar because I haven't, AT ALL, been inundated in every form of media created, and even some not yet created, with all of it's fucking stupid-ass, difficult to digest, barely related (Star Wars themed light side and dark side cars!?) marketing dog shit.

So, just thought, for those few of you interested, ya know... it's out and stuff.
Today? I saw it yesterday morning, it opened on the 17th here. The theater was... mostly empty since I went to the earliest available showing - 11:40 AM. The movie was allright. JJ Abrams could've done a lot worse...

Edit: And the Bubsy drama. Oh man. The schadenfreude is strong right now.

Last edited by a moderator:
I dunno if you guys have been on the internet or watched tv or listened to the radio or read a magazine or thought a thought in the past couple of weeks or months, but apparently there's a new Star Wars movie out today.

It totally flew under my radar because I haven't, AT ALL, been inundated in every form of media created, and even some not yet created, with all of it's fucking stupid-ass, difficult to digest, barely related (Star Wars themed light side and dark side cars!?) marketing dog shit.

So, just thought, for those few of you interested, ya know... it's out and stuff.
Don't forget the NBA's league wide Star Wars Night a week or so ago. Surprised they didn't buy the NFL for a night (or maybe they did, have no idea).

Just so the rest of you get to suffer through enjoy it too, Poopees staff on the Holiday bundle.
Supposedly if we reach the final goal for Holiday Helpings 2, they'll add another coin. Also, have fun watching the staff members:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vZwBcwSVkN0
Oh, and there's a new greenlight bundle

BG image seems to be from The Last Hope For All
Shitty Slug looks like a clean shaven Dutch Bobbytastic and Cyanic may just be one of Tebow's long lost relatives.

Saw it last night. I'm a casual fan -- grew up with the original trilogy, didn't have much use for the prequels -- but my wife's goofy friend bought tickets as did her husband and so they gave us the extra pair. It was good, not great, with a couple telling flaws keeping it from being as good as it could be. But overall an entertaining way to spend a couple of hours.
I saw it this morning. I do disagree with you in some respects. I think it was easily the best of the series since Jedi and probably surpasses that one. My biggest criticism would be that it seemed to be following a template, but it did not at all hurt my appreciation of it nor did I even think about it until after the film was over. I felt that the way the new characters were introduced and intertwined with the standard bearers was fantastic and it got me to care about the new people quickly. I cant call myself a fanatic, but Star Wars things do excite me more than others, so I am more than casual but not hardcore. At any rate, I think my appreciation will even grow on multiple viewings as well, but Im done with the theater to see it. Waiting for blu-ray now.

Brodate:

We played Gunnheim last night. Had 6 people show up (seriously, we only got 3 for Streetfighter, but 6 for this?). It's a top down twin stick shooter thing arpg? I don't know. You choose a person, you shoot things. It's randomized in that you have to pass 8 random levels before passing to the next area, but the difficulty spikes can be ridiculous. And then when you pass the first area, the next area just gets super hard to the point you are just trying to run to the exit and hoping you don't die in the process. My group gave up after dying to a fish boss over and over again.
The only way the game was even slightly enjoyable was with people. Had I been playing that solo, it'd have been uninstalled in about 15-20 minutes. The difficulty spikes, tedious level design, only two characters to choose from at the start, etc. Little things that add up quickly. I probably will never play it again.

I saw it this morning. I do disagree with you in some respects. I think it was easily the best of the series since Jedi and probably surpasses that one. My biggest criticism would be that it seemed to be following a template, but it did not at all hurt my appreciation of it nor did I even think about it until after the film was over. I felt that the way the new characters were introduced and intertwined with the standard bearers was fantastic and it got me to care about the new people quickly. I cant call myself a fanatic, but Star Wars things do excite me more than others, so I am more than casual but not hardcore. At any rate, I think my appreciation will even grow on multiple viewings as well, but Im done with the theater to see it. Waiting for blu-ray now.
The few reviews I've read to this point reflect similar sentiments to yours and SE's: they go just shy of saying "BEST. STAR WARS. EVER." and say that it feels like some of the characters are underdeveloped and that this may have been done on purpose. In other words, the impression I get is that it's a bit like Episode I in that you didn't realize quite how crappy I was until you saw II. It's one of those things where you leave saying to yourself, "Hm. Well, that could go either way. . . . "

I doubt I'll be seeing it myself before it hits Redboxes in 6-9 months, but after all of the feverish anticipation by the hardcore SW nerds and the ever-present concern that it's being directed by one of Hollywood's most overrated young guns, the guy who butchered the first Star Trek reboot, it's hard not to be a little curious about it.

Alas, I don't think I have enough new qualifying games to do more than a page but I could always append the existing list as part of my production.
Oh if you want shit games to review or compare to 10 cent shit on Amazon I am quite sure many of us here will be more than happy to make you suffer through gift you some.

Oh if you want shit games to review or compare to 10 cent shit on Amazon I am quite sure many of us here will be more than happy to make you suffer through gift you some.
Honestly, that seems like an amazing blog concept.
"Punishment Games"- you send it to us, and the reviewer is obliged to do 500 words on it.
(With additional punishement and mockery from the "Warden/Editor" if it's a bad review)

Just so the rest of you get to suffer through enjoy it too, Poopees staff on the Holiday bundle.

Shitty Slug looks like a clean shaven Dutch Bobbytastic and Cyanic may just be one of Tebow's long lost relatives.
Christian is the only person who looks normal. I like how cyanic's definition of "crazy" is doing chiptunes on his calculator. HEY YOU GUYS!

re: Caviar Green HDDs

This is totally based on my own perception, but my games definitely seem to load a lot quicker on the Hitachi drive I have vs. the WD Caviar Green drive.  Although I just bought the Hitachi, it being a refurb means it was manufactured around the same time as the WD.  Not sure if that has anything to do with the eco stuff in the green drive or other factors, but stuff like ARK loads up significantly quicker now.  It still is slow as hell, but less slow.  

Christian is the only person who looks normal.
pETfLUP.jpg

BmESP5p.jpg

Of course Passports be all like 'wat? dats totes normal yo'

Uh yeah Fox. You're going to get faster loading speeds on a drive without power consumption regulations...

EDIT: Hahaha, I bet pasports is going to send him a video response now like "hey man you're as hipster as I am, wanna go listen to poetry on a street corner sometime with a six pack of butter beer?"

The few reviews I've read to this point reflect similar sentiments to yours and SE's: they go just shy of saying "BEST. STAR WARS. EVER." and say that it feels like some of the characters are underdeveloped and that this may have been done on purpose. In other words, the impression I get is that it's a bit like Episode I in that you didn't realize quite how crappy I was until you saw II. It's one of those things where you leave saying to yourself, "Hm. Well, that could go either way. . . . "
Nah, that impression you describe is not how I feel at all. If anything, it makes me even more excited for the follow up and my confidence is there that it will be strong simply based on the table thats been set by VII. The feeling I have following this is nothing like after Episode 1, which for me at least, I felt was crap from the moment the credits rolled. This one I didn't want to end, whereas episode 1 was butt and mindnumbing aside from the scenes where Darth Maul was present. The lead up to Episode II I felt was they have to do better and they (Lucas) made it worse. It also didn't help that IMO the prequel trilogy was terribly casted with actors who had no chemistry (Portman/Christensen) and this one had very strong new characters that were all strong performers, espc the villain and the new lead girl.

Rian Johnson is a good director so as long as the script is there Episode VIII should continue this one's start. Its reinvigorated my confidence whereas Episode 1 was stunningly lukewarm. Guess we'll find out in 2017.

My group had issues staying alive during the first set of levels but we did pretty good after we got the hang of it. We got far, but the game wasn't all that great. Seriously though, we were packed that night for Gunnheim yet hardly anyone wanted to play Street Fighter?! What's wrong with you guys?
I amazingly don't own any of the Street Fighter games.

*quietly logs out of CAG*

Sounds like physical cards.  Wish they were digital so no waiting, but at least it is something.

I wonder if it will work with the $5 promo code from a week or so ago from the Amazon Underground promotion.

I've begun the process of cleaning out my extra key list. Some of this stuff is ancient. I mean really musty and old, but maybe some of you will find one or two that you need.

For everyone's sanity, don't use the Steam thread if you want to post what you take -- use the blog comments. Or just take them anonymously and run for the hills

https://www.cheapassgamer.com/blog/819/entry-24770-old-stuff/

Now that stuff is gone I will probably start sorting through some of the more recent stuff.

I love how Elessar is so fucking pedantic about anything and everything geek related.

You are clearly wrong. I watched every episode of Star Trek and I don't recall any 4 lights. Surely I would remember such a thing.

Oh wait, I better go actually spend time Googling and Memory Alpha'ing Four Lights Stark Trek lest I not be able to show my weeaboo avatar's face around here again.

Ah yes, the Four Lights in episode 362 frame 41. I knew that. I was testing you.

Internet Street Cred. It's important.

I love how Elessar is so fucking pedantic about anything and everything geek related.

You are clearly wrong. I watched every episode of Star Trek and I don't recall any 4 lights. Surely I would remember such a thing.

Oh wait, I better go actually spend time Googling and Memory Alpha'ing Four Lights Stark Trek lest I not be able to show my weeaboo avatar's face around here again.

Ah yes, the Four Lights in episode 362 frame 41. I knew that. I was testing you.

Internet Street Cred. It's important.
This is how nerds are, which I only know about from watching The Big Bang Theory as RollingDesu explained a page back. ;)

I literally Googled Picard 4 lights... It took like 5 seconds. I wasn't sure if it was some other fandom I didn't know about.

And I didn't remember it cause I haven't watched TNG since it was still airing on TV, in the 90s....

peterthreadrz1.jpg

I literally Googled Picard 4 lights... It took like 5 seconds. I wasn't sure if it was some other fandom I didn't know about.

And I didn't remember it cause I haven't watched TNG since it was still airing on TV, in the 90s....

peterthreadrz1.jpg
And I love how you took all this shit serious enough to respond with how much time it took you and when the last time you watched Star Trek is.

People bullshitting on the internet is
Bullshit

But you keep on being you. And if you have the ass burgers or something then make sure to get a side of fries with that.

I've been slowly re-watching TNG since Amazon has the HD episodes up for free for Prime members. I fully expect them to cease being free when I'm about halfway through.

But back on topic, when does the winter sale start? And has anyone had any good pizza or bought any new shoes lately?

I've been slowly re-watching TNG since Amazon has the HD episodes up for free for Prime members. I fully expect them to cease being free when I'm about halfway through.

But back on topic, when does the winter sale start? And has anyone had any good pizza or bought any new shoes lately?
Mod Pizza with brussel sprouts.

GOX4LOf.jpg

And I need some new shoes but I haven't bought them yet.

Nah, that impression you describe is not how I feel at all. If anything, it makes me even more excited for the follow up and my confidence is there that it will be strong simply based on the table thats been set by VII. The feeling I have following this is nothing like after Episode 1, which for me at least, I felt was crap from the moment the credits rolled. This one I didn't want to end, whereas episode 1 was butt and mindnumbing aside from the scenes where Darth Maul was present. The lead up to Episode II I felt was they have to do better and they (Lucas) made it worse. It also didn't help that IMO the prequel trilogy was terribly casted with actors who had no chemistry (Portman/Christensen) and this one had very strong new characters that were all strong performers, espc the villain and the new lead girl.

Rian Johnson is a good director so as long as the script is there Episode VIII should continue this one's start. Its reinvigorated my confidence whereas Episode 1 was stunningly lukewarm. Guess we'll find out in 2017.
As I read it, warreni actually meant to refer to episode IV, not I, because that makes more sense. I refuse to believe anyone liked ep I at all.

And all of Star Trek is on Netflix, which I'm sure all us cheapasses can watch for free on someone else's account.

bread's done
Back