Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
who are these "girls" you spoke of?

does GoG library even count as +1?
Each service (Steam, GOG, Uplay, etc) has its own count.

Though, most people have the most ridiculous game-counts on Steam.

So for most, that (Steam) is going to be the library that matters most BY FAR.

Last edited by a moderator:
I almost forgot. Happy Birthday to I'm guessing a significant portion of those on this thread, if Steam info is to be believed.

Hmm... do I pick up Talos Principle for $5 with Steambux or find a ~$3 copy in the cesspool and pay with Paypal?
You can likely find a $2 copy in the cesspool or somewhere similar.

I've been playing Undertale alot and it's really good but I'm stuck at 
the Asgore fight and I have no healing items at all. Been trying it for an hour now and it's so hard. any tips?

I wasn't really getting into Undertale at all.

Then I got to Papyrus. I'm starting to understand why the game has charmed so many people.

Thanks, because you know.. it actually is my birthday
Happy Birthday Here's Some Games

Last Remnant - NYP9G-99HGM-32VN2
Tomb Raider 1 - 0JY65-7PV8T-LY56G
Tomb Raider 2 - 3FXIQ-BJ7MP-RL7BV
Tomb Raider 3 - W803Z-YGKWH-LNW0Q
Murdered: Soul Suspect - 4QAXP-BJGBL-DL7K9
Tomb Raider: Anniversary - 8608M-53TR3-VRAE5
Tomb Raider: Legend - 368IX-ZAMXR-4P42T
Tomb Raider: Underworld - GW2Y5-N9IDG-9394K

Total War: ARENA – 30 Days Premium Account and Exclusive Humble Warrior Greek Shield (available in Closed Beta) - 9AEXUG-G4TA-HGXAU

Total War Battles: KINGDOM – Exclusive Humble Banner Heraldry & In-Game Resources (1000 Silver & 1000 Stone) - JESQ7E6AQH

I only need Murdered: Soul Suspect, but of course I'm not by my computer at the moment. Thanks for the drop nonetheless. 

Thanks for the heads up on the price for goat simulator. I never really did get an answer about the game itself though. Is it worth snagging with the zombie add on pack? Or is it pretty supercilious?

If she's very young, you may want to be aware the the title is rated M. There's a bit of offensive language in the game, though I believe there is a filter option. I got greeted with a a few fun words as my kids were watching me play. Fortunately, I'm not really bothered with it, but they are my kids. Just thought I'd throw that out there in case you were unaware and buying it for a little girl who wanted to "play the cute goat game"
She's 10 and has played worse. I'm not really worried about it but thanks for the heads up

I wasn't really getting into Undertale at all.

Then I got to Papyrus. I'm starting to understand why the game has charmed so many people.
He does make a mean plate of Spaghetti.

damn, got lazy and sat on my stack of holiday cards instead of immediately selling them. lost about 20 cents. i am irrationally upset about this. 

They really should've made that "Early Access" or kickstarter, not indie...

vmnFvzB.gif

For those of us who can afford an extra coupla bucks to avoid angering Vladimir Putin, Shadow of Mordor GOTY is $9 on GMG when you use the 20% off code NWYEAR-20PERC-WTHGMG

Also, The Escapists is $4.89, The Escapists: Walking Dead is $7.20

For the perverts, HuniePop is $2.72

It seems like there may be an extra shitty shit list for card drops now.

https://steamcommunity.com/groups/idlemastery/discussions/0/451848855011229593/#c451848855023035111

TL;DR - some of us are not not getting card drops until 8 or 9 hours+.
Found discussions on SG:

http://www.steamgifts.com/discussion/nNxVI/cards-not-dropping-for-anyone-else

http://www.steamgifts.com/discussion/czpWL/why-are-frogs-such-happy-animals-cards-not-dropping-thingy-random-nonsense

Some think it might be due to the red herring badge, though others w/ the badge say they were getting drops as of 1-2 days ago.

edit - another Steam forums thread

http://steamcommunity.com/discussions/forum/1/458604254459397577/

So if anyone Moraned the February Humble monthly already, the Alien Isolation Season Pass is ~ $3.50ish on Nuuvem. It's not region locked. I can personally vouch for that as I just bought it. The base is but the DLC is not. You will need to use a VPN to buy it but it's not Paypal address locked so it should go through okay.

*Edited to add: The SP apparently doesn't come with Last Survivor or Crew Expendable, so that's about another dollar for both at Nuuv. :p Or $2 for both on Steam right now if you want to use Gabenbux.

So if anyone Moraned the February Humble monthly already, the Alien Isolation Season Pass is ~ $3.50ish on Nuuvem. It's not region locked. I can personally vouch for that as I just bought it. The base is but the DLC is not. You will need to use a VPN to buy it but it's not Paypal address locked so it should go through okay.

*Edited to add: The SP apparently doesn't come with Last Survivor or Crew Expendable, so that's about another dollar for both at Nuuv. :p Or $2 for both on Steam right now if you want to use Gabenbux.
season pass is just time trial and such.

if you want story/single player, just get the Last Survivor and Crew Expendable (cheaper and w/o the useless Season pass)

Good spot.

Is this one of those games where the DLC is in anyway "must have"? Or is it all throwaway forgettable crap?

Found discussions on SG:

http://www.steamgifts.com/discussion/nNxVI/cards-not-dropping-for-anyone-else

http://www.steamgifts.com/discussion/czpWL/why-are-frogs-such-happy-animals-cards-not-dropping-thingy-random-nonsense

Some think it might be due to the red herring badge, though others w/ the badge say they were getting drops as of 1-2 days ago.

edit - another Steam forums thread

http://steamcommunity.com/discussions/forum/1/458604254459397577/
I hate how there's dumbasses that are all 'You have to have Steam running' 'It takes two hours to get cards' 'Running multiple games slows things down' 'It's just random timing' etc etc. We know that fuckheads, but this is something different. It never normally takes me 10 hours to get 1 card drop on one game. It does now. I tried with Idlemaster, I tried just actually running a single game by itself etc. It's still doing the same thing.

Someone on the Idlemaster thread thought it was the mobile authenticator but I disabled mine a couple of hours ago and still not getting any drops for a game that already has like 12 hours 'play time' in.

I kind of doubt it's the red herring badge because if it was then I would think everyone who got it would be having this issue but it seems like it's only some people.

I'm about ready to say fuck it for good to cards because two hours was bad enough but 10+ is just nuts. Steam's outsourced support will be useless so if it's some sort of bug I'm not hopeful for getting it fixed quickly, especially seeing as only some people have it but not all.

For the record I have no problems with card drops at present. Guild of Dungeoneering took longer than expected but everything else has been within an hour or two I think.

I have the red herring, a mobile authenticator, have never refunded and I ate all my brussel sprouts at Christmas lunch.

I think it's because you're all heathens.

:grouphug:

I haven't played any games that I have drops remaining for other than less than 2 hour jobbbies - nor tried idling in the past few days, but I just did the 3 discovery queues for the day and only 2 cards dropped, perhaps there's something going on with the drop system but thats the first "issue" Ive come across in respect to drops.

I haven't played any games that I have drops remaining for other than less than 2 hour jobbbies - nor tried idling in the past few days, but I just did the 3 discovery queues for the day and only 2 cards dropped, perhaps there's something going on with the drop system but thats the first "issue" Ive come across in respect to drops.
Same here. Just finished my 3 for the day and only received two cards. Seems there is definitely something going on with the system. It says I have claimed all my cards for the day but the last one never showed up.

I'm really loving the wingsuit+parachute combo in Just Cuz 3, soo good. Too bad there's no other games that do that.
I agree that this particular mechanic is really great, espc using the wingsuit and flying around, but the game itself is shallow. The missions are flat, the story blah, and taking over the map gets boring after a while. Its not the worst game by any stretch, but there are issues with it. Beyond the mechanics of flying around and blowing shit up, it just lacks depth. The missions especially are unexciting. Its not a "bad" game, but its missing something to make it more than just an explosion simulator. Ive put 20 hours in and I cant remember anything memorable about it beyond the wingsuit. Its a decent enough time killer, but taking over districts and doing the same shit in each and every one gets old.

The game of Real Life.
You're generally not allowed to use it while blowing up an oil refinery though.

I agree that this particular mechanic is really great, espc using the wingsuit and flying around, but the game itself is shallow. The missions are flat, the story blah, and taking over the map gets boring after a while. Its not the worst game by any stretch, but there are issues with it. Beyond the mechanics of flying around and blowing shit up, it just lacks depth. The missions especially are unexciting. Its not a "bad" game, but its missing something to make it more than just an explosion simulator.
Wait, you've played Just Cause 2, right?

I agree that this particular mechanic is really great, espc using the wingsuit and flying around, but the game itself is shallow. The missions are flat, the story blah, and taking over the map gets boring after a while. Its not the worst game by any stretch, but there are issues with it. Beyond the mechanics of flying around and blowing shit up, it just lacks depth. The missions especially are unexciting. Its not a "bad" game, but its missing something to make it more than just an explosion simulator. Ive put 20 hours in and I cant remember anything memorable about it beyond the wingsuit. Its a decent enough time killer, but taking over districts and doing the same shit in each and every one gets old.
JC games falls into the same line as other sandboxes with weak/unimportant story & character development - i.e. Skyrim; TDU2; Far Cry 3+4; etc.

Once you get your fill - and certainly, 20 hours in a row would be probably too much for me with any JC game - you leave the game alone; and then come back at a later said date when you get that itch to just roam the world and do (likely mostly) side-quests/activities. These are the kind of games that are very easy for me to pick-up and play; and then eventually drop; go back to; repeat cycle b/c their stories don't matter too much - they're meant to be a game, first and foremost.

EDIT:

I don't have JC3 - but JC1+2 are a blast to just roam around, blow things up, kill enemies, and goof around in an outstanding sandbox. I certainly would expect JC3 to be "more of the same."

JC games falls into the same line as other sandboxes with weak/unimportant story & character development - i.e. Skyrim; TDU2; Far Cry 3+4; etc.

Once you get your fill - and certainly, 20 hours in a row would be probably too much for me with any JC game - you leave the game alone; and then come back at a later said date when you get that itch to just roam the world and do (likely mostly) side-quests/activities.

EDIT:

I don't have JC3 - but JC1+2 are a blast to just roam around, blow things up, kill enemies, and goof around in an outstanding sandbox. I certainly would expect JC3 to be "more of the same."
haven't tried JC1.. but it looks too dated for me to even attempt

bread's done
Back