Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
Anyone comment on Shovel Knight, Nuclear Throne, Axiom Verge....debating if any are worth it.
Nuclear Throne is pretty good. I feel that maybe there isn't as much variety in guns/perks. It is hard as heck and fun as heck to play. There is a decent amount of secrets I believe and also a lot of people really like it when they get on that nuclear throne. If you are going to play it now get it. I did put maybe 18 hours over the holidays into it so that says a lot.

It's a bit buggy sometimes. Every now and then when I close the game it hard locks my computer and I have to rip out the power cord to turn it off and on.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nuclear Throne is pretty good. I feel that maybe there isn't as much variety in guns/perks. It is hard as heck and fun as heck to play. There is a decent amount of secrets I believe and also a lot of people really like it when they get on that nuclear throne. If you are going to play it now get it. I did put maybe 18 hours over the holidays into it so that says a lot.

It's a bit buggy sometimes. Every now and then when I close the game it hard locks my computer and I have to rip out the power cord to turn it off and on.
WTF? Auto-pass for me.

how about Dying Light for 20 bones?

Or ($19 at lecdcheese.com)
IndieGala around X-Mas Day 2015 had the best deal for Dying Light, before issues galore happened with it (people getting duplicate keys, not getting keys, other games instead, whatever) b/c everybody jumped on it and IndieGala didn't expect that kind of madness.

One could've got Dying Light for 66% off [priced at $20.39] w/ a free copy of SOM GOTY (for hitting over $20); free copy of Bedlam (for spending over $2); and a free copy of the original CoJ (b/c you bought Dying Light).

I should've jumped on it as soon as I saw it. I hesitated - and certainly made a mistake. Oh well.

I see a lot of brave bundle-fodder purchases in there.

[customspoiler=really?]they work fine for me
in the preview
[/customspoiler]
I tried 'em and the regular spoilers auto-parsed one line even though I hand-coded it in the preview. I don't know what's up with that.

And yeah, I won $770 in Steam gift cards and used about $100 of it. Maybe I won't want to buy the bundles out of pocket if/when these games appear in them. Also got a lot of older bundled games from Tremor (about 14 of them) but they weren't sale-oriented and I don't want spoder to start posting his Tremorbro hauls every day. ;)

Shovel Knight was fantastic.  Most of the AAA platformers from the last few years could learn a few things from it.  

I am probably going to fakey Axiom Verge and Concrete Jungle.  I have steambux burning a hole in my wallet. 

Yikes. The only other recent game that's done that to me is Arkham Knight, and that was before the first big patch hit. (It only happened once after.) By the way, on Windows 7, you can just hold down the power button to force a shutdown. It should be set to that by default but some configurations set this up to go into sleep mode.

My haul:

Undertale - with laundered card money

Watch_Dogs complete - traded two games bought with laundered card money and a $1 Steam key for this

Civilization IV and V Complete - got some help from South South of the Border and Carmen Miranda'ed these

... and that was it. I'm considering Ys VI: The Ark of Napishtim since I owned that on PS2 but sold it to pay for my PC upgrade a while back.

Tons of bundle fodder.

A Sirius Game
Adventures of Bertram Fiddle: Episode 1: A Dreadly Business
Ballad of Solar
Banished
Battle Mages
BLACKHOLE
BLACKHOLE: Testing Laboratory
Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Ultimate Edition
DARK SOULS™ II: Scholar of the First Sin
Destiny Warriors
Dr.Green
Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen
Dusk 12
Echelon: Wind Warriors
Endless Legend Expansion Set
Ether One
Explosionade
Farm Frenzy 4
Feel-A-Maze
FINAL FANTASY XIII (NE)
FINAL FANTASY XIII-2 (NE)
Freedom Pack
Grand Theft Auto V
Grim Fandango Remastered
Gun Rocket
Gundemonium Bundle
Happy Hereafter
Hard Truck Apocalypse
HARD TRUCK: APOCALYPSE RISE OF CLANS
Hexcells
Hexcells Infinite
Hot Dish
Kraven Manor
Legend of Grimrock 2
Lumino City
Mad Max
METAL SLUG
Monkey Island: Special Edition Bundle
Naruto Shippuden Ultimate Ninja Storm 3 - EU Version
Paradise Island
POSTAL 2: Paradise Lost
Read Only Memories
Resident Evil 0 / biohazard 0 HD Remaster
Rogue Legacy
Season Match
Sledgehammer
SpeedRunners - Youtuber Pack 2
Spelunky
Stargazer
Suguri Collection
Super Win the Game: Soundtrack Edition
The Deed
The Entente Gold
The Promised Land
The Talos Principle
The Talos Principle - Serious Sam DLC
The Treasures of Montezuma 4
The Vanishing of Ethan Carter
Tomb Raider 4
Tomb Raider 5
Tomb Raider Angel of Darkness
Tomb Raider: Anniversary
Tomb Raider: Legend
Tomb Raider: Underworld
Total War: ATTILA released
Vampire of the Sands
Who's Your Daddy
Xeodrifter
Xotic European Deluxe

Tons of bundle fodder.

A Sirius Game
Adventures of Bertram Fiddle: Episode 1: A Dreadly Business
Ballad of Solar
Banished
Battle Mages
BLACKHOLE
BLACKHOLE: Testing Laboratory
Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Ultimate Edition
DARK SOULS™ II: Scholar of the First Sin
Destiny Warriors
Dr.Green
Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen
Dusk 12
Echelon: Wind Warriors
Endless Legend Expansion Set
Ether One
Explosionade
Farm Frenzy 4
Feel-A-Maze
FINAL FANTASY XIII (NE)
FINAL FANTASY XIII-2 (NE)
Freedom Pack
Grand Theft Auto V
Grim Fandango Remastered
Gun Rocket
Gundemonium Bundle
Happy Hereafter
Hard Truck Apocalypse
HARD TRUCK: APOCALYPSE RISE OF CLANS
Hexcells
Hexcells Infinite
Hot Dish
Kraven Manor
Legend of Grimrock 2
Lumino City
Mad Max
METAL SLUG
Monkey Island: Special Edition Bundle
Naruto Shippuden Ultimate Ninja Storm 3 - EU Version
Paradise Island
POSTAL 2: Paradise Lost
Read Only Memories
Resident Evil 0 / biohazard 0 HD Remaster
Rogue Legacy
Season Match
Sledgehammer
SpeedRunners - Youtuber Pack 2
Spelunky
Stargazer
Suguri Collection
Super Win the Game: Soundtrack Edition
The Deed
The Entente Gold
The Promised Land
The Talos Principle
The Talos Principle - Serious Sam DLC
The Treasures of Montezuma 4
The Vanishing of Ethan Carter
Tomb Raider 4
Tomb Raider 5
Tomb Raider Angel of Darkness
Tomb Raider: Anniversary
Tomb Raider: Legend
Tomb Raider: Underworld
Total War: ATTILA released
Vampire of the Sands
Who's Your Daddy
Xeodrifter
Xotic European Deluxe
Freedom Pack is AMAZING and everyone should play it....unless you hate FREEDOM!!!!

85067903.jpg

Mein haul:

Talos Principle ... too tempting with the coupon

Elite Dangerous ... had to spend the rest of my card money on something I'll actually play

Dat Shark Attacky Gamey Thingy ... gifted from Dr Sasquatch, danke schon mein freund

From der IndieGala sale ...

Bedlam

Blockstorm

Decay - The Mare

A much smaller haul than last years.

Guessing we all decided against GTA V at 35.99?  I don't blame us...  Not a new all time low nor did it tie the old.  (For steam obviously.)

Anyhow, Iike most of us my there wasn't much spree in my shopping...  (At least on steam.)

Steam

Rocket League (Got into a 4 Pack with a Canadian hosting so the price was really good...  $8.65); Not played

Watch_Dogs Complete ($6, glitch was really happy to pick it up from a fellow CAG.)

And that's it..?  Sad really...  Though there is a chance I'll jump on the Band of Brothers Complete Pack.  (Same price as BF $9.99 but I had just dropped a chunk of change on a new video card so I passed...  This, and that sale, is the cheapest its been since December 2013)

Imperial Games

Warhammer: End Times: Vermintide ($16.16); Played; really enjoying it...  Certainly better with people... (even without voice chat) Haven't gotten too serious into it yet.

BundleStars

Batman Bundle...  ($9.99) Still didn't have Arkham Origins, AA and AC went to non CAG friend; Played; Enjoyed the hell out of it...  Thinking I might like it better than AC. (Just want to give a quick fuck You to Deathstroke.  He knows why.)

GMG

Fahrenheit: Indigo Prophecy Remastered... ($2.00); Not played yet; A classic I didn't have/hadn't played...  and one that hadn't aged so well.)

WWE 2K15 ($10.00); All time low with discount code; Really wanted to kick John Cena's ass...  Played, kicked John Cena's ass...  Well, more like his shin  as I really suck...  Anyhow, he lost clean...  Didn't kick out an obscene number of times.  Game doesn't really strike me as realistic.  :p

So, pretty much everyone outside of Steam saved the day... 

Bought:

Freedom Pack
Outland
Halfway
Rampage Knights
Endless Legend DLC Pack
Champions of Midgard
Suburbia
Dead Men Tell No Tales
The Big Book of Madness
Xenoshyft: Onslaught

Was gifted:

Qbeh-1
Grim Fandango Remastered
Defense Grid 2
Life is Strange Ep 1
Endless Legend
Satellite Reign

My understanding is the "ultimate version" - tweaks to ai, textures, other bullshit - will only come to those with season pass OR the final new expansion on its own.

Usually only indie twats get away with this "pay for patch" nonsense, but I got both the game and pass for ps4 when GS fucked up, so I don't mind much.

GMG
WWE 2K15 ($10.00); All time low with discount code; Really wanted to kick John Cena's ass... Played, kicked John Cena's ass... Well, more like his shin as I really suck... Anyhow, he lost clean... Didn't kick out an obscene number of times. Game doesn't really strike me as realistic. :p
Ugh I just talked myself out of that damned wrasslin game and now you and D with his review are kind of talking me into it.

Reviews were kind of bad for this one though. I should probably just wait and see if they port the Schwarzenegger one.

Haul post thingy:

Freedom Pack

Castaway Paradise (so far like it far more then should)

Empire TV Tycoon (like)

Endless Legend: Emperor Edition (still not sure what EE adds, but EL in general has been quite fun, probably going to become my go to 4X game) 

Satellite Reign

Brothers

Pinball FX2 tables

Satellite Reign is probably the one I'm most excited about after EL, but in a "euro truck mood," (aka: tired, drunk, or both) so probably won't get to it til post sale. 

Nothing.  Might grab either DR3 or Grim Dawn at the last minute but neither are on particular good deals.  DR3 still being overpriced at $50 retail and Grim Dawn being only 40% off when it's been 50% off in the past.  Surely bound for a Humble Monthly in the future.  Each sale cycle I tell myself it can't get any worse... and somehow it does.  Although two weeks of tepid midweek/weekend deal discounts and no kind of promotion, event, or dailies is surely rock bottom.  The only way they could outdo that is to not have a sale at all.

RE: Grim Dawn

from store page;

Looking to the future, Build 30 will be released in early 2016 and will include balance changes, bug fixes and polish to all aspects of the game as we prepare to take Grim Dawn out of Early Access around February

Ugh I just talked myself out of that damned wrasslin game and now you and D with his review are kind of talking me into it.

Reviews were kind of bad for this one though. I should probably just wait and see if they port the Schwarzenegger one.
First year of a new gen sports games are always rough... They always build on what came before and, well, there's not much from before to work with as much as to be recreated.

I'm not saying its perfect, and undoubtedly if 2K16 comes to the PC its going to be superior, but i would say the game isn't as bad as some of the reviews say it is... A letdown, yes, but not a failure, and there's fun to be had no doubt.

They did some stupid stuff with the PC version, all the DLC is included except for the wrestler you get for having the season pass since you cannot buy the season pass... Paige. (But truth be told, not sure how big of an issue that is going to be since the women/diva stuff is so limited this time.... No female create a wrestler, etc.)

Probably a pipe dream but I'm hoping that if/when 2K16 hits PC that people smarter than me figure out how to all but import wrestlers over (dropping them into create a wrestler spot) since its the same engine in all that... It would be nice to be able to put together a full roster over the course of a few years. (First example that comes to mind would be Hulk Hogan... Not in 2K16 for rather obvious reasons.)

TL:DR... I think there's an easy 10 dollars worth a fun in it...

My understanding is the "ultimate version" - tweaks to ai, textures, other bullshit - will only come to those with season pass OR the final new expansion on its own.
Looks like if you own the base game of Dying Light you get all the enhanced edition stuff for free in a patch. If you own the base game plus season pass you get the new expansion for free. http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015-12-04-dying-light-enhanced-edition-and-the-following-release-date-announced

My haul

Steam:

Broforce (gifted)

Rainbow Six

Putin:

Stasis

Shadow of Mordor

Easily the least I've bought in a steam sale, almost got away with buying nothing but the peer pressure for Rainbow Six did me in.

Putingate:

20 games  :whistle2:

Nuveems:

6 games + 3 dlcs  :whistle2:

Gabenland:

Zero  :D/

Got Undertale from Russian trader  :whistle2: Best $7 spent!

Stupid question...   Was Zombie Army Trilogy involved in a glitch at one point...?  Seeing allot of friend with it. 

(If so is anyone sitting on a copy of it still...?)

A haul, then.

Undertale
Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky (20 hours in, loving it)
The Talos Principle (oops)
Her Story (finished already, liked it a lot)
LISA  + The Joyful DLC
Freedom Pack
Ubermosh
And Steins;Gate....for Vita, since a Steam release seems about as likely as HL3 at this point

I said before that the Fall sale was good for picking up some things that hadn't gone on sale in a while. Well, those same sales were back this time, so I had to settle for games I'll actually play instead. I think I've realized the card money probably isn't going to fully run out for quite some time so I might as well spend it on stuff I want.

Stupid question... Was Zombie Army Trilogy involved in a glitch at one point...? Seeing allot of friend with it.

The only one I can think of the Rebellion Anthology package which had a 5 dollar price glitch in Colombian store. Are those friends from south america?

The only one I can think of the Rebellion Anthology package which had a 5 dollar price glitch in Colombian store. Are those friends from south america?
No not really... Couple of Americans, a German Cat (but maybe he has a summer home in Argentina), a Russian, and a couple of South Americans.

Sounds like a normal 4 Pack would/is my best deal... (other than waiting.)

Thanks for the info! :)

Any word on when the hell Darkest Dungeon will actually be released? Its been on sale for half of several times and i've been wanting to play it but i dont do early access. 

My haul, was gifted qbert reloaded which sucks ass controller wise and Resident Evil 6 complete

Bought nothing
Watched season 1-5 of Dexter
Just noticed tonight that steam was having a winter sale when i got an email with 3 games on sale from my wishlist.

They did some stupid stuff with the PC version, all the DLC is included except for the wrestler you get for having the season pass since you cannot buy the season pass... Paige. (But truth be told, not sure how big of an issue that is going to be since the women/diva stuff is so limited this time.... No female create a wrestler, etc.)
Wkr9MOs.jpg

Got Undertale from Russian trader :whistle2: Best $7 spent!
Really? 99 cents difference? I call that a not having to deal with people fee.

Stupid question... Was Zombie Army Trilogy involved in a glitch at one point...? Seeing allot of friend with it.

If you own/owned the regular editions of NZA, ZAT was and probably still is somewhat heavily discounted. It was $14.99 or around there at launch for those people (myself included) I believe. I got it at launch and cannot remember how (trade or not) or what exactly I paid. I really enjoyed my time with it though.

Hmm wtf? Did they change how you checkout with Paypal or something? I bought some stuff earlier today and it let me select my credit card through paypal. I just went to grab a couple more games i forgot and it didn't show if it was coming from my bank account or card or what, so i just submited it and noticed that it took it from my bank account this time.

Isn't it supposed to let you chose on checkout? THere was no option for some reason

Hmm wtf? Did they change how you checkout with Paypal or something? I bought some stuff earlier today and it let me select my credit card through paypal. I just went to grab a couple more games i forgot and it didn't show if it was coming from my bank account or card or what, so i just submited it and noticed that it took it from my bank account this time.

Isn't it supposed to let you chose on checkout? THere was no option for some reason
Depnds on what it did, if you let Steam save your payment info, it'll have <insert name>'s Paypal account, which iirc didn't let me choose the funding source and my paypal defaults to my checking account. Otherwise, haven't ran into not being allowed to change the funding source.

Holiday Haul, hmm

Steam:

Carpe Fulgar Bundle

Brothers

Borderlands 2 GOTY

Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky

Nuuvem:

Castlevania: Lords of Shadow Ultimate Edition

Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 + DLC

Castlevania: Lords of Shadow Mirror of Fate

Putingate:

Babel Rising + DLC

Call of Juarez: Gunslinger

Cloudberry Kingdom

Company of Heroes: Franchise Edition

Grow Home

Mad Riders + DLC

Shadow of Mordor GOTY

Shoot Many Robots

South Park: The Stick of Truth + DLC

Wasteland 2: Director's Cut

Zeit 2

Humble:

January Monthly

Square Enix Bundle

Eye Candy 4 $1 tier

Random crap from Indiegala and Groupees that will probably never get played.

I am recovering from my sinus infection so I am no longer needing to sleep half of the day and I just keep adding to my Steam cart.  I like hidden object games and similar casual adventure games but I've never played any of these Nancy Drew ones.  Are they actually any good?

Bought
Forsaken Isle
Don't Starve: Shipwrecked
Holy Potatoes! A Weapon Shop?! DLC Bundle.
The Coma: Cutting Class
Mercenary Kings

Was Gifted
Windward 
Turbo Pug 
The Last Word (Thanks Parallacks !)

And yeah, I won $770 in Steam gift cards and used about $100 of it.
h.gif

My haul:

a shit ton of Magic cards (they said Duels was intended to get people back into paper...260+ hours and $150 later, I'd have to agree...)

Titanfall from Amazon

Humble bundles

that's it

Pretty depressing seeing how many people here also bought nothing from Steam. I can't be bothered to idle for cards anymore, and my credit is long gone. I've got everything I wanted from Putingate and Nuuvem. When the PC gaming highlight of my holiday season is buying Humble Bundles, you know Valve has really stopped caring. Oh well, more money for Magic cards.

WWE 2K15 ($10.00); All time low with discount code; Really wanted to kick John Cena's ass... Played, kicked John Cena's ass... Well, more like his shin as I really suck... Anyhow, he lost clean... Didn't kick out an obscene number of times. Game doesn't really strike me as realistic. :p
For me, top tier wrestlers in this game such as Cena & Reigns seem to often kick-out normally from Finishers at least 1 to 2 times when I face them.

I'd say "wait" if you're on the fence about it. When you can get it real-cheap to suit you, I'd say "go for it." It certainly isn't ideal as some omissions are blatantly obvious: i.e. without modding - Create-A-Diva, certain Match Types are missing & some Match-Types can only be played while in certain Modes. If you plan to mod, you can get around some of these problems.

Check Smacktalks for mods, as they have Community Mods for new wrestlers, updated titan-trons, updated music themes, new CAW's (Create-A-Wrestlers), new gears/outfits; and other things, if you're interested - well, I might do this at a later date; I wanted the core experience first with very little changes.

Combat's more sim-like and slower-paced - so if you don't like that slower-pace in-game and/or what you see on WWE TV (as it really resembles that very close), you're just not going to like this. Reversals play a major part here, as you can reverse moves like crazy - especially if you have good stamina for your character (which reversals will use here, depending on your wrestler's stats).

As a hold-over for me until 2K16 - somehow despite the flaws, I'm now over 100 hours with this. While MyCareer cuts you short when you win the title - honestly, then just export your Character to My Universe and use that as your end-game (which seems like it'll never end). You can create new shows, new rosters, and all kinds of stuff in MyUniverse. I added NXT Show + SuperStars Show (since all the logos, arenas, and stuff are already there), and even made Saturday Night a Legends/Retro Show. I'm having a blast with this - whether I play for say one match or for a few hours.

My haul was quite modest. 

Hand of Fate+DLC - Great game

Rocket Knight - I'm weak, mascot platformers call to me.

Brothers A Tale of Two Sons - which I had somehow managed to not get in a million sales and bundles.

Q*Bert Rebooted - I expect disappointment, but I'll remain optimistic

Insecticide - When the hell did I buy this?  It was during the sale?  I have no memory of that.

SInce I bought nothing, thought I'd clog up the board with my top ten games I played for the first time this year: 

1) Baldur's Gate 2

2) Resident Evil 4

3) Planescape Torment

4) Fallout 4

5) Banjo Kazooie

6) Rayman Origins

7) South Park Stick of Truth

8) Donkey Kong Country Returns

9) Shadowrun Dragonfall

10) Xcom Enemy Within

and worst game I played...Sonic Adventure. That thing is such a piece of shit.

bread's done
Back