Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
groundhogday.jpg

In welcome news to the AC series, Ubi is skipping 2016 and the next AC is coming out in 2017 and is set in Ancient Egypt. Great setting and Im glad they're taking a year off. (Aside from the two Chronicles games coming next week and next month).

http://kotaku.com/sources-next-big-assassins-creed-set-in-egypt-skippin-1750937895

I enjoy the franchise and Syndicate was a step in the right direction, but they really needed to take a year off.
Didn't ubisoft have two teams working on AC anyways with one team releasing a game every other year...? Either way it will help with series fatigue and maybe with sales. I don't doubt I'm the only one who gave up after realizing they would never catch up with them releasing a new title every year.

(Also a really great setting.)

Got this e-mail from Coinplay.io exactly an hour ago:

Rise of the Phoenix Bundle
8 Steam keys 10 Steam games 3 Soundtracks Starts at $1
Happy New Year! Let's kickoff 2016 with awesome games and music from Phoenix Online Publishing. You'll love these games!
Don't bundle sites normally wait until the bundle goes live to advertise it? Because, uhh, you can't buy it. Something must've been pulled.

Got this e-mail from Coinplay.io exactly an hour ago:

Don't bundle sites normally wait until the bundle goes live to advertise it? Because, uhh, you can't buy it. Something must've been pulled.
8 Steam keys

10 Steam games

3 Soundtracks

Okay, so.

The Last Door CE

Cognition

Moebius: Empire Rising

Face Noir

Heroes & Legends: Conquerors of Kolhar

Lost Civilization

Quest for Infamy

Supreme League of Patriots

... the only other thing I can think of that they've worked on is the Gabriel Knight remake and King's Quest (which is not going to be in this.) Do they consider Supreme League of Patriots to be three games?

And the 3 soundtracks would have to be for Moebius and the two Cognition OSTs.

I still have my full monthly if you want it. Was going to try to get them to refund it but I'm dragging my feet. They didn't give me a Payday 2 key either, I'd see if I can get that at least.

Coinplay did the same thing with their Holiday Bundle.  They announced it a week or so before it went live.  They must take their inspiration from Groupees.

Coinplay did the same thing with their Holiday Bundle. They announced it a week or so before it went live. They must take their inspiration from Groupees.
They're doing better than Groupees, then, since they actually bothered to send out an email about the bundle. I've missed about a dozen music bundles because I didn't know about them until after they'd launched.

okok  Here's my obligatory Haul

Steam:($64)
Alone in the Dark: The New Nightmare Steam Store and Retail Key
Black Mesa
Call of Cthulhu
Castlevania: Lords of Shadow – Mirror of Fate HD
Echelon: Wind Warriors
Grim Fandango Remastered - Soundtrack Edition
Happy Hereafter
Legend of Korra
Marvin's Mittens
Parcel
Pinball FX2 - Portal
Resident Evil 6 Complete
Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City Complete Pack
Ryse: Son of Rome
The Talos Principle
Wrack

Giveaways
Rust Alpha
Porradaria Upgrade

Amazon ($2.5)
Skyrim - Dawnguard Retail

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Co55USHRZVg
"Well it was the last day of steam winter sale..." -Domagoj Kučko

Last edited by a moderator:
Windward update

Oh, since it was talked about earlier...  I've gotten 2 cards, played 98 minutes, hosted a 4 pack bought via steam.  Either I'm not eligible for a refund, the two hour wait isn't going on anymore, or maybe just certain people have it happening too.  (I've never used a card idle program, and have never refunded.  I'm also in marketplace debt, having spent more than earned.) 

Okay, hour and a half in, my impressions are very favorable.  Its not a very complicated game as you don't have to worry about wind direction, combat options seem to be limited (no, going for the sails or mast to limit an opponents movements, going for the crew with grapeshot, or no boarding actions either) but there is some practicable things you have to worry about...  aka you have to turn broadside to other ships to shot your cannons at them.  There also seems to be no ship damage for ramming other ships.  Though this is likely a good thing as you have PC controlled ships from your faction around and there can be allot of ship banging if you have a 3 (or more) ships from your faction in combat with a single pirate ship.

Factions, I don't know how many there is or all of their advantages but some favor certain types of ships (or quests) and can get those types cheaper (or those quests refresh more often), etc.  Stuff that's been done allot before. 

XP System, level up unlock traits and skills to put points in...  Skill trees look allot like Borderlands.  (three total, each tree has two sides, looks at some point that you can unlock specializations.

Ship Upgrades, sort of like loot.  You can find them, buy them... Seem to be random.  They don't seem to make or break you but they do surely help out.  Crew, Cannons, Hull, Captain, Mast/Sails, etc. (There surely seems like a lot) are all loot slots.  This loot is even color coded like you would expect in a Diablo styled game.  I've seen White, Light Green, Dark Green, and Blue so far.  And like I said before there's more than one type of ship too buy too.

(There is also tools that can be found that allow you to dive on sunken ships or have an easier time salvaging floating barrels and whatnot..) 

Quest, track down pirates, defend towns, take on passengers, discover new towns, are all quests I've seen...  There's likely more as I've only seen my faction and pirates so far.  You can also just carry cargo and sell it at a new location for hopeful profit.  (Rumors tell you what other towns want and this knowledge shows up on that screen so its very easy to make the right choices.)

I hate to say, "its allot like Diablo/Borderlands" but it kind of sorta is...  The big difference is there's no boss fight to show you how much your ship has improved... 

All and all its all very relaxing and quite enjoyable...  :)

TL:DR If it was bundled tomorrow I wouldn't be upset.  I would just be happy that more people got to play it

PS I'm playing in a single player game right now...  It also has online, direct connect, maps are random though you seem to have some say over them...  Steam Workshop is a recent addition.

Despite all the pissing and moaning about how shitty the sale was it looks like quite a few of you still bought a lot of stuff. I picked up more than i thought i would but mostly cheap little things. I was going to wait for Undertale to drop more but f it. I want to play it

I snagged;

Undertale

The Undergarden

Akane the Kunoichi (needed an extra key for my niece)

Dreaming Sarah

Boneless Zombie

LISA: Complete Edition

The Forgotten Forest

JRPG Bundle

Transistor

Jackbox Party pack

Goat Simulator + GoatZ

Depnds on what it did, if you let Steam save your payment info, it'll have <insert name>'s Paypal account, which iirc didn't let me choose the funding source and my paypal defaults to my checking account. Otherwise, haven't ran into not being allowed to change the funding source.
Yea looks like thats what happened. Theres 2 listings for paypal payment and i guess the saved one auto pays from your bank account... which is kinda dumb

Anyone interested in doing some Van Helsing: Final Cut for a few hours a few nights a week?

I see most everyone who owns it has already idled it for cards, but no one has actually played it.

Apparently the devs have a number of patches/tweaks being worked on now that the holidays are over, so I'd prefer to wait til those hit.

Anyone interested in doing some Van Helsing: Final Cut for a few hours a few nights a week?

I see most everyone who owns it has already idled it for cards, but no one has actually played it.
I'd be into that. My playtime is limited though. Like maybe 9-11 eastern.

Rise of the Tomb Raider is out the 28th

http://press.na.square-enix.com/releases/596

Specs:

⦁ Minimum OS: Windows 7 64bit
⦁ Processor:  Intel Core i3-2100 or AMD equivalent
⦁ GPU: NVIDIA GTX 650 2GB or AMD HD7770 2GB
⦁ RAM: 6GB
⦁ HD Space: 25GB
⦁ DirectX: DirectX 11
⦁ Input: Mouse + Keyboard

No recommendeds yet. Typical launch price $59.99 for vanilla, $89.99 for the deluxe with season pass.

Windward update

<snip>

All and all its all very relaxing and quite enjoyable... :)
I may have impulsed myself into a 4 pack right before the sale ended, so if anyone read this glowing review and regrets not grabbing a copy...hit me up. $3.71 each, what a bargain!

Yes.

Rise of the Tomb Raider is out the 28th

http://press.na.square-enix.com/releases/596

Specs:

⦁ Minimum OS: Windows 7 64bit
⦁ Processor: Intel Core i3-2100 or AMD equivalent
⦁ GPU: NVIDIA GTX 650 2GB or AMD HD7770 2GB
⦁ RAM: 6GB
⦁ HD Space: 25GB
⦁ DirectX: DirectX 11
⦁ Input: Mouse + Keyboard

No recommendeds yet. Typical launch price $59.99 for vanilla, $89.99 for the deluxe with season pass.
25GB Holy Carp dat's a lot of HD space yo!!!!!!

<Paging MysterD....MysterD to the blue phone....>

fuck that shit... I'll wait for a cheap sale on the complete/deluxe edition. (or maybe even a bundle.)

25GB Holy Carp dat's a lot of HD space yo!!!!!!

<Paging MysterD....MysterD to the blue phone....>
WWE 2K15 is bigger... He cannot complain.

bread's done
Back