Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
Keep in mind that FissFiss is a fakeybro who can probably physically emote an x.x whenever Gamestop has a 10% off used games coupon and his nearest B&M doesn't have New Game 4 HD Remake in stock.

Pixel art is shit.
It really depends... There is more than enough crap released using it as a cheap means of artwork to give it a bad name... But there'a also some games that make amazing use if it.

A quick example would be Dead Cells. I honestly think pixel art helps set the mood of the game.

Pixel art is shit.
KoF's background would like to have a word with you

2SzzcHL.gif

Let's not forget Paul Robertson's pixel art that was used for Scott Pilgrim vs. the World: The Game.

PGpzfFy.gif

Pixel art is amazing when used right, it's a craft that takes time and long hours.

Last edited by a moderator:
Never forget

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YNMJe83VxdY

Just remember to download the .avi file and watch it on a CRT screen for maximum awesomeness. /s

R.I.P gaf. 2006-2017

Everbody now will move to cag.

https://twitter.com/PCGamesN/status/922072784829808640

I love how multiple internet gaming communities are worried about a sudden influx of undesirables, as if we are all incapable of being members of more than one website.
Wait... You can do this?

Shit... I migrated to here from the RPGCodex forums, there from the Bethesda forums, and there from usenet.

Wait... You can do this?

Shit... I migrated to here from the RPGCodex forums, there from the Bethesda forums, and there from usenet.
I never joined GAF. Something about having to use a "real" email annoyed me. I came here after VGTalk and the Gamers Cartel died. I think at one point there was beef between Nam, the owner if VGTalk and Cheapy but i dont remember the details.

I didn't even know there were email restrictions on neogaf.  I don't even know what a "real" email is.

I went there a couple times to read some stuff I was linked, but I didn't like the atmosphere.

I never joined GAF. Something about having to use a "real" email annoyed me. I came here after VGTalk and the Gamers Cartel died. I think at one point there was beef between Nam, the owner if VGTalk and Cheapy but i dont remember the details.
I didn’t know about all this, so I did a google.

https://www.dualanalog.com/cheap-ass-games-an-interview-with-cheapyd/

“In 2004, CheapAssGamer.com competed with another site called VGTalk.com. Their website also featured video game deals and drew about the same amount of visitors. Then one day someone wrote a letter to the editor to EGM (Electronic Gaming Monthly) magazine and mentioned CAG as one of the websites he visited. His mention pushed CAG ahead of VGTalk permanently, which the owner did not appreciate.

The owner of VGTalk then began purchasing domains like “Cheap Ass Books” and “Cheap Ass Games”. Before his domain purchases, CAG held a logo creation contest and picked a “fist full of cash” as the winner. Out of clear jealousy, he stole the logo from the CAG website and used it on all of the “Cheap Ass” domains he purchased. Once the community at VGTalk noticed all the domains he owned, they stopped visiting.”

I've been here forever and don't post anywhere else. Hopefully those dickbags really do end up at gamefaqs, where they can act superior to kids who just bought games across thousands of message boards and Q&As.

I didn’t know about all this, so I did a google.

https://www.dualanalog.com/cheap-ass-games-an-interview-with-cheapyd/

“In 2004, CheapAssGamer.com competed with another site called VGTalk.com. Their website also featured video game deals and drew about the same amount of visitors. Then one day someone wrote a letter to the editor to EGM (Electronic Gaming Monthly) magazine and mentioned CAG as one of the websites he visited. His mention pushed CAG ahead of VGTalk permanently, which the owner did not appreciate.

The owner of VGTalk then began purchasing domains like “Cheap Ass Books” and “Cheap Ass Games”. Before his domain purchases, CAG held a logo creation contest and picked a “fist full of cash” as the winner. Out of clear jealousy, he stole the logo from the CAG website and used it on all of the “Cheap Ass” domains he purchased. Once the community at VGTalk noticed all the domains he owned, they stopped visiting.”
Ha, thanks i had forgotten all about that.

I didn't even know there were email restrictions on neogaf. I don't even know what a "real" email is.

I went there a couple times to read some stuff I was linked, but I didn't like the atmosphere.
I don't even have a "real" email anymore. I switched from Comcast to Verizon, and Verizon shut down their email services for FIOS so they expect you to get a free gmail account. Meanwhile Neogaf wants you to use an ISP email address, or maybe a student one. My neogaf account is stuck using my old expired comcast account, but it's too much of hassle to get it changed. Everyone uses gmail these days, even ISPs don't want to give you a "real" email address anymore, so I don't know wtf neogaf is doing using that antiquated system.

Also, I've been here since 2005 and I've never heard of VGtalk.. lol..

I don't even have a "real" email anymore. I switched from Comcast to Verizon, and Verizon shut down their email services for FIOS so they expect you to get a free gmail account. Meanwhile Neogaf wants you to use an ISP email address, or maybe a student one. My neogaf account is stuck using my old expired comcast account, but it's too much of hassle to get it changed. Everyone uses gmail these days, even ISPs don't want to give you a "real" email address anymore, so I don't know wtf neogaf is doing using that antiquated system.

I always used to think that it was some sort of elitist method to require a non free mail account to register there. If that wasn't the reason, I can't think of any other motive.

Star Wars Battlefront II Multiplayer Beta

Edit.
lzVFYp9.png

Sounds like lootboxes

I always used to think that it was some sort of elitist method to require a non free mail account to register there. If that wasn't the reason, I can't think of any other motive.

Star Wars Battlefront II Multiplayer Beta

Edit.
lzVFYp9.png

Sounds like lootboxes
The whole progression system is loot boxes.

The whole progression system is loot boxes.
Yeah, my desire to buy or play Battlefront II has somewhat tapered off. I like Star Wars but I wouldn't say I'm a Star Wars geek or extremist. Loot box progression is getting a little out of control and I've almost reached my fill with plenty of other games doing the same thing. I waited on Battlefront, so I can wait on Battlefront II.

God, there was once some "Post here for a game" thing at NeoGaf and so I went to register.  First was the asinine "real" email address nonsense so I had to eventually apply under my wife's Comcast address (since the account is in her name).  Then, after all that it was "we'll get around to manually reviewing your application in the next seven days".  Seriously?  fuck that shit, this ain't no country club and your forums aren't remotely that interesting.

I didn't get that either about neogaf. Why couldn't they manually approve within an hour/or a day? What were their Admins & Mods doing in that time for you to have to wait 7 days for? I heard years back it took about 6 months or a year just to get approved like wtfff???

Getting a new laptop (primarily for work) but trying to decide if I just want some cheap-o thing for Word and casual games or a lower end gaming machine like this if I want to fork out another $500.  Anyone have some first hand experience/bought something similar or in this range?

Desktop-wise I'm waiting for the next gen of Nvidia cards at which time I'll get an entirely new system.  Also since when did Microsoft start scamming people with this Office 365 crap?

Wow, that's a long time... When did you change your handle from TebowDragon to Spoderman?

gaf gaming side was mostly good. I found a lot of fun discussion and news from there, tbh.

OT was full of political bullshit, from users to mods. It was the sjw snowflake winter wonderland that every conservative talkshow host warns about. Say something a mod doesn't like, and you're banned. Sometimes there were interesting topics there, but I mostly went for the bitching and meltdowns.

Better question is why anyone would have a neogaf account?
Some devs give away their games on there.. There Came an Echo being one of them. Was free on release, and took no effort to get a key, aside from having to create an account in advance.

gaf gaming side was mostly good. I found a lot of fun discussion and news from there, tbh.

OT was full of political bullshit, from users to mods. It was the sjw snowflake winter wonderland that every conservative talkshow host warns about. Say something a mod doesn't like, and you're banned. Sometimes there were interesting topics there, but I mostly went for the bitching and meltdowns.
Yeah it was the best forum on the internet if you wanted to discuss games or stay informed about them. There's a lot of neogaf haters, but it was a good gaming resource if you used it right.

Getting a new laptop (primarily for work) but trying to decide if I just want some cheap-o thing for Word and casual games or a lower end gaming machine like this if I want to fork out another $500. Anyone have some first hand experience/bought something similar or in this range?

Desktop-wise I'm waiting for the next gen of Nvidia cards at which time I'll get an entirely new system. Also since when did Microsoft start scamming people with this Office 365 crap?
I have an Acer Nitro Gaming Laptop (i7 Haswell 4720HQ; 16 GB RAM; 4GB 960m; W10) and I love it.

Runs most games at 900p-1080p at somewhere b/t 30-60fps at Medium. I usually lock it down somewhere w/ NVidia Inspector or MSI Afterburner - i.e. 35 fps; 40 fps; 45 fps; 60fps. Depends per game. Also use my HDMI cable and have that connected to a 23'' 1080p HP monitor, when not travelling (i.e. when at home).

For games I can't run on my main W7 desktop for some reason (i.e. Dead Rising 1 PC) or require W10 (i.e. Gears of War 4 PC Demo) - yup, this laptop handles things just fine to suit me.

I'm sure w/ a 1050 Ti mobile equipped, you'd be fine and that would flat-out run much cooler and perform better than my 4GB 960m does (my 960M 4GB is similar to a 700 desktop series card) - NVidia 1000 mobile series supposedly got much closer to the desktop versions, this go around.

My Nitro's great for when I travel somewhere or need a 2nd PC going for some reason.

I tried getting an account there multiple times and I was always rejected. Meanwhile I saw kids get banned on the first post.

I'll mourn the loss of the forum's information. There were some good tutorials there.

When i first heard about Gaf and their non-inclusive policy, i convinced myself any community like that wasn't worth my time. I'm confident in saying i believe i've made a wise choice staying with sites like CAG, GB, and dare i say... reddit.

and to show my appreciation here are some keys for random lurkers.

Screencheat - PYM0G-80IP6-ZAHE8

Hand of Fate - FR007-EK6D2-ZWHP6

Satellite Reign - KLMPA-KETQM-RBZIM

Hacknet - CM5XT-QZQKH-YQV6Y

Hurtworld - E84I7-NB2GP-WH2CH

I'll miss NeoGaf. I didn't participate much outside of their own B/S/T thread but I loved reading their game-specific official threads (OTs) and it was an excellent source of news and information, especially around E3. You had your bad apples and the moderation went overboard at times but in my experience it was generally a friendly and helpful community.

God, there was once some "Post here for a game" thing at NeoGaf and so I went to register. First was the asinine "real" email address nonsense so I had to eventually apply under my wife's Comcast address (since the account is in her name). Then, after all that it was "we'll get around to manually reviewing your application in the next seven days". Seriously? fuck that shit, this ain't no country club and your forums aren't remotely that interesting.
What's really weird is how NeoGAF is filled with buffoons taking drive-by potshots and posting inappropriate things that wouldn't fly on any forum that was reasonably moderated. That place was a harbor for opinionated and angst-y adults, much like a Facebook comments section. They have all sorts of rules and mods ban anyone on a whim.

It took me five weeks to get accepted using my .edu college email address from ten years prior.

I tried getting an account there multiple times and I was always rejected. Meanwhile I saw kids get banned on the first post.

I'll mourn the loss of the forum's information. There were some good tutorials there.
Yep, instabans for no reason. If they didn't like the way you carried yourself.

The only thing GAF was good for was for breaking industry news and rumors discussion on a particular subject. Or the occasional game specific thread for a new release you were playing.

I think I registered for NeoGaf once and had to use my old school email address, but then they did away with accounts for alums and so I forgot my password and that was that.  Never liked them for all their rules and elitist BS.  So I hope they all die after the forum is permanently closed.  

I don't remember the VGTalk beef, but I'm glad I missed it or I would have caught some bodies.  

Mooby, get a cheapo laptop,  You'll never play games on it anyway.  Don't waste the money.  Buy a refurb HP Elitebook.  

bread's done
Back