Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
Anyone have anecdotal experience with XFX cards?

My six year old HD7950 decided to blow a couple SMD caps that power the fans so I'm forced to slightly up-side-grade.

Because I'm poor and impatient, I'm looking at an RX-580 at Best Buy.
EDIT:
Impatient and a little afraid more shit's gonna blow up since I'm now running it with a case fan sitting on top of the heatsink.
I used to have an XFX 7950 as well until I sold it to my cousin two years ago. Last I heard, he is still using it but doesn’t play games much these days.
I remember it having a lifetime warranty when purchasing mine. Would recommend reaching out to XFX support to see if they can help you out.

I used to have an XFX 7950 as well until I sold it to my cousin two years ago. Last I heard, he is still using it but doesn’t play games much these days.
I remember it having a lifetime warranty when purchasing mine. Would recommend reaching out to XFX support to see if they can help you out.
The HD7950 that died* was a Gigabyte.

EDIT:

*Died in that the fans don't run... damn thing still works perfectly.

Last edited by a moderator:
XFX is a solid brand. Although they only make AMD cards so the name isn't as popular as Asus, Gigabyte, or MSI.
They used to make only Nvidia cards, then started making both in 2009 and Nvidia was displeased. They went to AMD/ATI only in 2010.

For those who are still doing the Division 2... How's your apparel event going? I'm 22/30 in a reasonable amount of time but reddit is full of angry people over this event.
It's been pretty bad for me. Most nights I'm lucky to get 1 key for every 3-4 levels I go up. Which I guess isn't awful, but I'd like 2-3 keys every now and then. I'm only at 15/30 so far.
Yeah....I just logged in for the first time, played casually for ~3 hours, got 3 levels, and have 0 event keys besides the one freebie. I dunno but you guys must still be putting in a ton of hours on DIv 2 in order to get that many cache keys.

Ubisoft has obviously decreased the cache key drop rate with each event after the second one. They are testing their limits with each passing apparel event; pushing people to try to get them to spend on in-game currency. I drop this game for weeks or months at a time, come back for each new event, and then it puts a bad taste in my mouth. Sorry but I'm not up for a 40-80 hour grind just to get 30/30 cosmetic chests.

Yeah....I just logged in for the first time, played casually for ~3 hours, got 3 levels, and have 0 event keys besides the one freebie. I dunno but you guys must still be putting in a ton of hours on DIv 2 in order to get that many cache keys.

Ubisoft has obviously decreased the cache key drop rate with each event after the second one. They are testing their limits with each passing apparel event; pushing people to try to get them to spend on in-game currency. I drop this game for weeks or months at a time, come back for each new event, and then it puts a bad taste in my mouth. Sorry but I'm not up for a 40-80 hour grind just to get 30/30 cosmetic chests.
I honestly doubt I have 15 hours played... I've had long stretches were every level has given me a key. Say for 8 or so levels in a row.

I won't complain but the last two events have been the easiest. Granted, I haven't played in over a month so I had extra quests to do... maybe that helped.

The previous events felt like a 50% drop rate for me (anecdotes aren't data) and this event has felt more like 25-30%. I don't know if it's because there's less drops and they want to stretch people's playtime since they want us to have a reason to play between now and TU6 or if they're all money-hungry monster people who are using FOMO terror to steal our children's milk money [whynotboth.jpg]

I haven't play a ton since it started but I'm down to my last three keys which will come with completing the weekly project. But I have three WT5 characters so I did the last weekly on each (9 keys) plus the four keys for Season Pass holders for a nice boost above and beyond the cache drop rates.

I won't complain but the last two events have been the easiest. Granted, I haven't played in over a month so I had extra quests to do... maybe that helped.
Well, they got rid of some of the stupider project requirements that were luck based like finding named faction members in neighborhoods that don't actually contain missions with that faction, leaving you to pray for a well-placed bounty or named street guy.

I mean the first two events were perfect. You played, you got a bunch of keys. There's only one reason for plummeting the key drop rate and it's because players weren't spending real $$$ on the first two apparel cache events.

(anecdotes aren't data)
No, they are not. But as it stands right now, the game does not respect my time.

No, they are not. But as it stands right now, the game does not respect my time.
That's fair. I just meant that my own "I was getting 50%" shouldn't be read as anything but my own experiences. I agree that the drops feel less frequent. Fortunately, I usually have between 1-3 other people to play with and can plow missions with my OP, soon to be nerfed, Seekers build so collecting xp is a little less painful.

Supposedly, the devs are going to implement something that shows how close you are to your next key drop or a guaranteed drop after X many caches, etc for the future events. Since the "random" rate hasn't treated me too poorly, I'm almost "against" having to fill a set meter for a fixed rate but I recognize that it's better than the "No drops in ten levels" thing some people are reporting. I suppose they could do a rising random rate: 25% for first cache, 33% for the second, 50% for the third, etc until you get one and reset the rate -- I doubt it'll be that sophisticated though and probably be more like the specialty ammo refill bar.

In non-Division news, I've been playing Operencia: The Stolen Sun on the Microsoft Xbox PC.... game... pass... thing... whatever it's actually called.  It's an RPG with first person grid-based movement and turn-based combat.  Much like Bard's Tale 4 looks except that I paid for BT4 and haven't touched it whereas this was "free" so obviously I'd play that instead.  Some puzzles that haven't been too hard, in part because your party won't shut up about them ("Hey, the statue's hands have an empty candle holder; I wonder what happens if we put a candle in it??" -- ya think?) and skill trees, piles of gear to dither about, more NPCs than your party can fit, etc.

It's based on Hungarian myth & folklore and, in true Central/Eastern European game fashion, has lots of fascinating or cool concepts married to somewhat janky game play and often atrocious voice acting.  Art is pretty nice.  It's still working its charms on me so I keep playing it but I think it needs to fit well into your wheelhouse to be something you'll finish.

In non-Division news, I've been playing Operencia: The Stolen Sun on the Microsoft Xbox PC.... game... pass... thing... whatever it's actually called. It's an RPG with first person grid-based movement and turn-based combat. Much like Bard's Tale 4 looks except that I paid for BT4 and haven't touched it whereas this was "free" so obviously I'd play that instead. Some puzzles that haven't been too hard, in part because your party won't shut up about them ("Hey, the statue's hands have an empty candle holder; I wonder what happens if we put a candle in it??" -- ya think?) and skill trees, piles of gear to dither about, more NPCs than your party can fit, etc.

It's based on Hungarian myth & folklore and, in true Central/Eastern European game fashion, has lots of fascinating or cool concepts married to somewhat janky game play and often atrocious voice acting. Art is pretty nice. It's still working its charms on me so I keep playing it but I think it needs to fit well into your wheelhouse to be something you'll finish.
Thanks for pointing Operencia out.

Also, looks like Bard's Tale 4 is in the XB for PC Game Pass too.

Just gonna complain...

I don't think Newegg ever ships shit promptly.

Paid for next day (which said "Arrives 2nd"), paid for rush processing (which said only works if order is placed before 5pm local time, which it was).  Still doesn't ship until the next day.

Though I'm the fool that still falls for it.

Div 2 rant, click at your own peril. 

ha I just now found out now that the Explorer's apparel cache event is only two weeks and keys stop dropping on the 8th.  It's one week shorter than previous events. 

The blurbs I had read online stated that it was going until October 15th but apparently this time they included the final week with no drops as part of the advertised dates. (this is when you can still purchase keys but can't earn them).

Played for a couple more hours earlier today with no key drops.  This is where I'd fill out a comment card or ask to speak to the management. This whole thing is absurd.  I think I'm going to uninstall.

Earlier in the year I was completely happy with my Div 2 purchase and results.  Ok now I am actually pissed off.  Don't fucking carrot-on-a-stick me with games for which I paid full price. I'm so over EA, Activision, Ubisoft, 2K, all of it.  Ubisoft used to be one of the lesser of these evils.  But even on the regular apparel caches I still get 60-80% dupes even though I'm missing half of the items.  The video MysterD posted helps seal the deal.  I think I'm done buying new release games from any of them for a couple years.  There doesn't seem to be another way to send the message that these MTXs and DLC practices are unacceptable.

The trick for those games is to not care that much about the various events. They really need a survival type mode in Div2 though. I still don't really get what the season pass/DLC was supposed to be. Just early access to content I guess. Glad I read it closely and didn't buy it.

Sadly it looks like they've really borked up Ghost Recon this round. Its going to be special loot events galore to keep people playing. It'll be $30 by Christmas I bet. I was tired of the story after just 2-3 missions in 2 betas.

Sadly it looks like they've really borked up Ghost Recon this round. Its going to be special loot events galore to keep people playing. It'll be $30 by Christmas I bet. I was tired of the story after just 2-3 missions in 2 betas.
I played the start of the game three times... Each time I played it for less and less time. I enjoyed the hell out of Wildlands. It had charm... Breakout just screams generic. (Though I'm sure I would have enough fun to justify buying it.)

Its going to drop quickly and if those microtransactions crossover into the competitive mp than the games going to be really in trouble.

Oh, well, I don't have to worry about it... if it doesn't have a Steam release it will quickly be forgotten.

The trick for those games is to not care that much about the various events.
Easy to say that, but there's no other motivation to play it. They haven't really added much and there is very little endgame content.

Its a loot game... It's all carrot on a stick. *shrug*
tctd2_apparel-event-4_flashcard_960x540_355398.jpg

I should have read the fine print. You're right of course, but you can't help the way you feel.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Anyways, gonna uninstall and buy this instead. That's a good deal on Civ VI DLC that's been on my wishlist for some time.

In other news, I'm having a lot of fun playing CrossCode. In spite of the light grinding involved it never gets tiresome. The puzzles are well done, upgrades and unlocks are satisfying, the game feels rewarding, and it has an excellent sense of progression. It's kind of like Ys or Secret of Mana gameplay meets Chrono Trigger/16-bit presentation & music, plus Zelda puzzles. The puzzles are actually quite intricate without feeling unfair. The setting is like an Isekei anime (whisked away to another fantasy world) where the whole game takes place inside an MMORPG. That's exactly the type of game I've been thirsty for. CrossCode is a blast and was worth every penny.

In other news, I'm having a lot of fun playing CrossCode. In spite of the light grinding involved it never gets tiresome. The puzzles are well done, upgrades and unlocks are satisfying, the game feels rewarding, and it has an excellent sense of progression. It's kind of like Ys gameplay meets Chrono Trigger/16-bit presentation, plus Zelda puzzles. The puzzles are actually quite intricate without feeling unfair. That's exactly the type of game I've been thirsty for. CrossCode is a blast and was worth every penny.[/quote]

Look cool hopefully in a humble monthly soon

In other news, I'm having a lot of fun playing CrossCode. In spite of the light grinding involved it never gets tiresome. The puzzles are well done, upgrades and unlocks are satisfying, the game feels rewarding, and it has an excellent sense of progression. It's kind of like Ys gameplay meets Chrono Trigger/16-bit presentation, plus Zelda puzzles. The puzzles are actually quite intricate without feeling unfair. That's exactly the type of game I've been thirsty for. CrossCode is a blast and was worth every penny.
Looks cool hopefully in a humble monthly soon

Just finished off the Event Apparel in the Division 2.  Sadly, GOG Galaxy nor Uplay tracks how much time you've spent in a game...  Uplay completely.  GOG Galaxy 2.0 individually.

I do know that I've spent about 25 and a half hours gaming in the last two weeks...  That would include my Forza Horizon 4 weekend grind which is normally a few hours.  Before the event started I had been playing WH 40K Martyr....  So maybe 20 hours?

(I got my 4 keys for the ultimate edition and used the two key mission for another 6 keys.)  

Anyhow, my guy looks good in his WWII brain bucket so I'm happy. :)

Just gonna complain...

I don't think Newegg ever ships shit promptly.

Paid for next day (which said "Arrives 2nd"), paid for rush processing (which said only works if order is placed before 5pm local time, which it was). Still doesn't ship until the next day.

Though I'm the fool that still falls for it.
I would ask for a refund for whatever you paid for faster shipping/processing. Newegg used to be super quick, but feels like that's been over the last few years, even when you have the premier rush processing stuff.

Just finished off the Event Apparel in the Division 2. Sadly, GOG Galaxy nor Uplay tracks how much time you've spent in a game... Uplay completely. GOG Galaxy 2.0 individually.

I do know that I've spent about 25 and a half hours gaming in the last two weeks... That would include my Forza Horizon 4 weekend grind which is normally a few hours. Before the event started I had been playing WH 40K Martyr.... So maybe 20 hours?

(I got my 4 keys for the ultimate edition and used the two key mission for another 6 keys.)

Anecdotal evidence - I went 1 out of 5 keys/caches last night. Weiler had a similar result and Waabulo o'fered. I'm at 21 keys with both projects and the ultimate edition bonus keys. I'll probably get them all, but it's definitely felt worse this time around.

Just finished off the Event Apparel in the Division 2.

[...]

WWII helmet is probably the best piece from the new set. Finished it last night as well. No idea exactly how long I put into it but no more than 90min a night most evenings since we start late and then I need to hit the sack after a few missions. Other folks are hurting more for key drops though (and I had more guaranteed keys) so now it's all about grinding.

Minit is free on Epic Store.

Next week's Epic Freebie is going to be Surviving Mars.
Just in case you've missed it on sale for $10 for months now or the humble monthly two months ago. Don't forget to buy the overpriced DLC! Paradox needs the money to fix Imperator Rome.

I would ask for a refund for whatever you paid for faster shipping/processing. Newegg used to be super quick, but feels like that's been over the last few years, even when you have the premier rush processing stuff.
Yeah, I'm gonna for the rush processing. I fought with them one time to get a refund on next day shipping because it took longer than a day once UPS had it.

Does anyone know if AMD gives Epic codes? or do they redeem directly to an Epic account?

Just in case you've missed it on sale for $10 for months now or the humble monthly two months ago. Don't forget to buy the overpriced DLC! Paradox needs the money to fix Imperator Rome.
I'll take the freebie from Epic next week, even though I got Surviving Mars from the HBM 2 months ago.

For those in the Xbox for PC Game Pass:

Dishonored 2, Cities: Sidelines (W10 Edition w/ the After Dark expansion), and Killer Instinct: Definitive got added to the PC Pass.

Me: 1 for 5
Weiler: 1 for 5
Waabulo: ofer again

If it wasn't for the company if probably be rage quitting right about now.

We did kill the hidden zoo boss and it was underwhelming. Went down easier than the regular heavies.

It definitely seems like upgrading to the ultimate edition was the way to go (for extra keys).  That and level an additional character in order to have multiple weekly quests available. 

Two days ago that was part of my gameplan.  But then I played for six hours over two days and got zero keys which pissed me off.  So I uninstalled last night.  Never done that before.

Two days ago that was part of my gameplan. But then I played for six hours over two days and got zero keys which pissed me off. So I uninstalled last night. Never done that before.
Massive is extending the event and raising the key drop rate:

While we're looking at specific solutions to future events that would have a positive impact on predictability of getting keys, in the short-term, we decided to increase the drop chances and extend the duration of the Explorers event by a week. This means that you will be able to get keys from gameplay activities for another week (until October 15) including a new apparel project, with an additional week of when you can purchase the remaining keys for Premium Credits. Please know that the drop rate changes will not go into effect until early next week.
Of course you might still feel like walking away but letting you know.

RDR2 PC version will be getting extra content:

https://gamerant.com/red-dead-redemption-2-pc-new-story-content/

Rockstar has revealed that the game will come with some additional bonuses that didn’t launch on consoles.

As well as some multiplayer goodies, a graphical upgrade, and free bonus games available when pre-ordering from the Rockstar Game Launcher, there will also be some brand-new story mode content for players to enjoy.

Within the announcement of the eagerly anticipated port, Rockstar cited that Red Dead Redemption 2 will come with “new Bounty Hunting Missions, Gang Hideouts, Weapons, and more."

RDR2 release was the exact turning point in time for me.  I bought it on PS4 for $35 used at Gamestop on the second week with some weird stacking coupon promotions.  Came home and played it for 2-3 hours.  It was good.  But something is just off with the graphics, the definition in the drawing, and the resolution on the PS4.  It does not look as good as it should.  All I could think about was how much I wanted to play it on PC instead with better graphics and a much higher framerate.  That was basically the last time I tried to do something AAA on console and haven't been able to go back since.  I'm stoked that it's coming to PC; been saving myself. 

WTB game save file transfers from PS4 to PC for Monster Hunter World!  :joystick:

bread's done
Back