Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
chrono wise I finished cross which the same couldn't be said for trigger. Not that triggers a bad game but I didn't really like it that much.  And to be fair I did put it aside to play a bigger release at the time. I only started trigger because amazon was like a month late delivering it.  I want to say it was fire emblem 5 bungalows. 

Chrono cross problems stem from the character bloat (though it's no worse than say fire emblem or most srpgs), star level and growth systems and the true ending being locked behind a very dumb thing, spell slots are rng so depending on layout a character can get screwed that way as well, oh and the element balance isn't very good.

Earth yellow and Wind green are rarely used especially for bosses.  Most bosses are Light white or dark black and are semi common. fire red and water blue being seemingly the most common for regular enemies. Dark is kinda screwed since it has very few low level abilities for early in the game and they come with low usage counts to compound the issue.  So my black mage having a reverse pyramid (already being a huge problem for the early game) did it no favors. And most of the early game bosses are light element typed especially the human ones so you'd want those spells for then. It switches to dark typed a bit in for a while which gives Surge your light typed protag a chance to really do some damage.

Earth and to a lesser degree wind also get fewer higher level slot spells and summons for them than the other elements.  Iirc I don't think there was a single earth lv6 spell or summon, and wind had a venus fly trap summon. 

In A lot of ways its spell and such system shares things in common with cold steels orb system. Since they also have fixed elemental slots and seemingly random layouts for theirs as well as a poorly balanced out spell system.  Though wind and earth have at least really good aoe spells in that for earlier in the game.

Last edited by a moderator:
All Mass Effect games WRPGs suck.
Fixed.

[customspoiler=...]
sensual-wink.gif

[/customspoiler]

I say without irony or apology that FFVIII is the best numbered Final Fantasy game yet made, is probably within the top 20 games ever made, and that it is my favorite game.
8 was always my fav, too. I've played so many JRPGs that I enjoy the novelty of the battle system- it's a fresh change from the usual. Same reason I like Chrono Cross more than Trigger, I suppose.

Are HP Omens good? Bestbuy has one as deal of the day. I know some people warned me some brands weren't friendly with parts changes later in life

I liked FF8 also, but there are some valid gripes. Like, the GFs and junctions are great, but it does make drawing a pain in the ass, and discourages you from actually casting magic because your stat will go down.  And yes, the story is odd after disc 1, to the point I believe the fan theory about Squall.  Because it actually makes way more sense that way.

Are HP Omens good? Bestbuy has one as deal of the day. I know some people warned me some brands weren't friendly with parts changes later in life
I dunno, I'm used to custom builds these days - whether I do it (2011 PC) or have a shop do it (CyberPower PC w/ my custom choices w/ the 3070). [shrug]

You'd have to find out what mobo's, PSU's, and whatnot are in there.

I think this part will be what most people stare at, as good GPU's ain't cheap in this market: 12gb VRAM RX 6700XT. Listen, that card is nothing to sneeze at, power-wise - it's going to be similar to 8gb VRAM RTX 3070 levels of power in Rasterization (Non-RT lighted) stuff. You also got more VRAM on the board too over the base 3070, so that'll help too.

I can't max out say WD: Legion at 1080p on my 3070 w/ RT b/c I don't have enough VRAM. I do wonder if the 6700XT could do it VRAM-wise, but....I dunno what the performance would be on RT On there.

If you're going to use RT - look, Radeon ain't the best at this thing normally. Make sure you sure if it got FSR support on a game especvially if you put RT on also, throw FSR on; you'll need performance boosts.

I'm not a big fan of Radeon, as I'm used to NVidia GPU's and their drivers & all - but still, numbers and power don't lie on the 6700 XT and its VRAM count.

And honestly - more older games doing NVidia DLSS support (like Control) really should ALSO add some FSR support, IMHO.

Here's some games w/ FSR support - https://www.amd.com/en/technologies/radeon-software-fidelityfx-supported-games

Also, what AMD is able to achieve w/ FSR without any real say Tensor cores or AI stuff is really good, IMHO. It ain't far behind DLSS, IMHO - as I've thrown both on with my NVidia 3070 in Horizon: ZD Complete for PC; both methods look really good. Yeah, there's an edge for Nvidia and all probably b/c of the AI and Tensor cores - but, man, AMD ain't far behind there.

From the reviews - sounds like it can get hot. So, if you got room in there & the PC allows for it - maybe put some fans in there and/or a good AIO cooler in there?

Fixed.

[customspoiler=...]
sensual-wink.gif

[/customspoiler]
I dunno - Mass Effect 1 is great w/ it story & character stuff, but combat in that old version is not-so-hot. Though, it feels like in Legendary w/ all of its tweaks & whatnot, ME1 has gotten more enjoyable combat-wise - even if it still ain't on ME2's and ME3's level of combat.

I still think ME2 is the best game in the franchise. And the DLC's are great, too - especially Kasumi and Shadow Broker.

About ME3 - that ending's garbage; even in Extended Cut. I so hope they ret-con everything by a certain point at ME3's end and go w/ Indoctrination theory here...and we basically get a re-do of the last final parts of ME3's last mission.

Also, that Citadel DLC makes for a MUCH better ending than base-game's Extended Cut for its final mission had. Citadel DLC was great.

Leave to Bioware to stick real endings & epilogues w/ proper conclusions to characters, game-world state & whatnot in their DLC's - DAI with Trespasser DLC, BG2 with TOB, ME3 w/ Citadel, and NWN1 with HotU.

EDIT:

I liked FF8 also, but there are some valid gripes. Like, the GFs and junctions are great, but it does make drawing a pain in the ass, and discourages you from actually casting magic because your stat will go down. And yes, the story is odd after disc 1, to the point I believe the fan theory about Squall. Because it actually makes way more sense that way.
I read some of the fan theories - yep, spoilers in THIS link - and yeah, those could certainly help out the mess of FF8 after say disc 1.

I know, that kind of ret-con is cheap and all in some ways - but sometimes, that can be the best way "out" of such a mess, as even the dev's and creators admit that was not the plan...but if they did a Remake, that's a pretty good way to write their way out of the mess.

I missed FFVII, saw it being played at someone’s house but didn’t get a PlayStation until FFVIII, so that was my go to Final Fantasy. Got super into it … owned the soundtrack, bought figures … still haven’t ever beaten a Final Fantasy game though … oddly. I think it’s a repetition thing, it’s not that it’s too hard, I just always lost interest before the end 😆

I liked FF8 also, but there are some valid gripes. Like, the GFs and junctions are great, but it does make drawing a pain in the ass, and discourages you from actually casting magic because your stat will go down. And yes, the story is odd after disc 1, to the point I believe the fan theory about Squall. Because it actually makes way more sense that way.
magic casting wise any spells you equip stay equipped and you can't use them for casting. So your stats aren't going down unless you are unequipping them to use to cast.

You gotta either draw a ton of them which takes forever, get them from draw points which is later in the game so kinda ehhhhh, or turn certain cards from the card game into them.

Speaking of that card game was pretty fun. Put in more than a 1/3rd of the playthrough time in that until the resetting to keep the default rules set got too tedious to do.

magic casting wise any spells you equip stay equipped and you can't use them for casting. So your stats aren't going down unless you are unequipping them to use to cast.
Uh, no, you can cast any spell your character has regardless of whether it’s junctioned or not. Your stats will go down if you cast a junctioned spell, but (a) I’ve always felt that gives the game more depth, as you have to choose whether to cast your big spell and take the slight penalty, or save it; and (b) it’s a hugely overblown issue, as your stats don’t go down that much for casting a few junctioned spells, so as long as you keep your stocks up between battles whatever.

You gotta either draw a ton of them which takes forever, get them from draw points which is later in the game so kinda ehhhhh, or turn certain cards from the card game into them.
Actually you refine spells from items (many of which can be refined from cards, but many of which are fairly common just from defeating enemies). If you have a refining guide on hand, it’s actually very easy to collect the items you need for refining into most spells—and you can sometimes even refine very powerful spells for where you are in the game. Getting a few spells, particularly ones that have very rare refine materials or the like one or two that can’t be refined, can be more difficult, but the remaster version has the battle acceleration and invincibility cheats built in so you can draw from enemies pretty much at your leisure without wasting too much time. And the best tip I have for keeping spells in stock—always get more than you need for three people. You can dump extra spells onto the three characters you aren’t using, so stock up plenty of extra when you’re drawing so you don’t have to go back later and hunt down some rare spell that you’ve run low on. Keep extra stocks of refine items as well for the same reason. I also don’t know what you mean by draw points being later in the game, they’re everywhere right from the start. They’re generally the most time consuming way to get spells though since they generally don’t refill that quickly—it’s best to just think of them as bonuses on top of whatever else you’re getting.

I say that, but I abused the hell out of the Ultima draw point in the Shumi village so I could stock up on Ultima early in my last playthrough. That DID take forever, though, don’t do that unless you’re crazy like me.

Speaking of that card game was pretty fun. Put in more than a 1/3rd of the playthrough time in that until the resetting to keep the default rules set got too tedious to do.
There are some tricks available in later parts of the game to customize the ruleset and keep it from changing, but I actually prefer the more complex rules—the only ones I’m not a fan of are Open and Random.

Yes, the card game was/is good. Good enough for them to bring it back in ffxiv. When I played the FFVIII "remaster" a year or two ago, I finally went through the hassle of doing all the ruleset arranging to optimum. It wasn't fun, and it ends up comically breaking the game in terms of infinite OP resources.

And yes, the story is odd after disc 1, to the point I believe the fan theory about Squall. Because it actually makes way more sense that way.
Mind if I ask which exactly you're referring to? I was curious enough to search and found a few different theories without a clear consensus. Is this the one where squall is actually indoctrinated the whole time?

Mind if I ask which exactly you're referring to? I was curious enough to search and found a few different theories without a clear consensus. Is this the one where squall is actually indoctrinated the whole time?
The fan theory that the developers denied where
Squall dies at the end of disc 1 after the huge icicle through his torso. All the wackiness afterwards then actually makes sense.

It's largely my head cannon either way, regardless of what they say.

Chrono Cross and FF8 releases were similar in many ways.  It was always weird to me when I'd hear people talk about the greatness of Cross because when that game came out it was a huge let-down in 'fun factor' and overall game/production design compared to its predecessor.  It seemed like hardly anyone played it, or else they quit early.  People were pissed that it didn't live up to the quality of Chrono Trigger.  The initial FF8 release had similar parallels.  It followed one of the most robust and well-conceived worlds of all-time in FF7.   The art design and music were good but the draw mechanic was entirely tedious.  Triple Triad was its best feature.  FF8 was good and it was also seen as a setback by most. 

I quit halfway through Cross at release, even though I was obsessed with Trigger. I was stuck on a boss and just didn't care anymore.

Going back and playing it just a couple of years ago, I finally broke through. On my first try long ago, I was nearly to a section that I would have loved as a kid thematically and story wise, but after that portion of the game, it didn't stay as interesting.

Anyway, I've never gotten anywhere close to beating FFVIII. I was too overwhelmed with 100% completion way back and got stuck at like the first town playing the card game with basically every opponent, and that burned me out.

I also didn't understand the summon stuff, and magic being items instead of MP use or whatever still doesn't vibe with me. I'm a "keeping my 99 megalixers just in case I need them for the final boss" player, so that's never going to work for me.

Maybe it's age or something, but I've only recently realized I'm never going to have enough time in my lifetime to play every game I've ever wanted to, so I try to be pickier and not replay things or give games I gave up on second chances. I won't force myself through an experience I'm not enjoying.

Now excuse me while I continue my 140 hour playthrough of Elden Ring where I'm maybe halfway done. Thanks for reading my blog. Like and subscribe.

FF6 was quite great too. Heck, I might even argue it's better than FF7. Those two seems to be toss-ups for me for best FF game, right w/ say FF9 right behind it.

FF5's underrated and I really enjoyed its Job system.

Cross was great, IMHO - mind you, I didn't play CT and still need to go work on it. Too many newer games getting in the way and all, of course.

I still need to go work on FF10 series and FF13 series. Never finished FF10 Remaster and never finished FF13 Part 1.

EDIT - Still got FF15 Windows Edition (Complete) for PC backlogged too.

I dunno, I'm used to custom builds these days - whether I do it (2011 PC) or have a shop do it (CyberPower PC w/ my custom choices w/ the 3070). [shrug]

You'd have to find out what mobo's, PSU's, and whatnot are in there.

I think this part will be what most people stare at, as good GPU's ain't cheap in this market: 12gb VRAM RX 6700XT. Listen, that card is nothing to sneeze at, power-wise - it's going to be similar to 8gb VRAM RTX 3070 levels of power in Rasterization (Non-RT lighted) stuff. You also got more VRAM on the board too over the base 3070, so that'll help too.

I can't max out say WD: Legion at 1080p on my 3070 w/ RT b/c I don't have enough VRAM. I do wonder if the 6700XT could do it VRAM-wise, but....I dunno what the performance would be on RT On there.

If you're going to use RT - look, Radeon ain't the best at this thing normally. Make sure you sure if it got FSR support on a game especvially if you put RT on also, throw FSR on; you'll need performance boosts.

I'm not a big fan of Radeon, as I'm used to NVidia GPU's and their drivers & all - but still, numbers and power don't lie on the 6700 XT and its VRAM count.

And honestly - more older games doing NVidia DLSS support (like Control) really should ALSO add some FSR support, IMHO.

Here's some games w/ FSR support - https://www.amd.com/en/technologies/radeon-software-fidelityfx-supported-games

Also, what AMD is able to achieve w/ FSR without any real say Tensor cores or AI stuff is really good, IMHO. It ain't far behind DLSS, IMHO - as I've thrown both on with my NVidia 3070 in Horizon: ZD Complete for PC; both methods look really good. Yeah, there's an edge for Nvidia and all probably b/c of the AI and Tensor cores - but, man, AMD ain't far behind there.

From the reviews - sounds like it can get hot. So, if you got room in there & the PC allows for it - maybe put some fans in there and/or a good AIO cooler in there?
Sounds like you know your stuff. I really need to invest my time in researching and learning all about pc building. Little intimidating since I've never done it, but I'm always a DIY type in everything so I need to add this to my list of skills :)

I really need to invest my time in researching and learning all about pc building. Little intimidating since I've never done it, but I'm always a DIY type in everything so I need to add this to my list of skills
If you want to DIY then I'd suggest starting with the basics.
Get a cpu, motherboard, ram, psu, and m.2 ssd. Get it running together on a test bench. And by test bench I mean that you can literally put the motherboard down on top of the cardboard box it came in. A lot of new builders try to completely install everything at once in a case and run into problems they cannot identify.

Since you have no Microcenter nearby, I'll mention that I saw the amd 5600G (retail box with cooler) at a new low point today on amazon at $187. This would be a solid choice to get started as you won't need a graphics card right away but it also wouldn't limit you if you installed a midrange card later. Some other decent prices I saw today were some cheap ssd+ddr4 bundles. You can get an am4 board pretty cheaply these days, lots of options out there $50-$100.

If you want to DIY then I'd suggest starting with the basics.
Get a cpu, motherboard, ram, psu, and m.2 ssd. Get it running together on a test bench. And by test bench I mean that you can literally put the motherboard down on top of the cardboard box it came in. A lot of new builders try to completely install everything at once in a case and run into problems they cannot identify.

Since you have no Microcenter nearby, I'll mention that I saw the amd 5600G (retail box with cooler) at a new low point today on amazon at $187. This would be a solid choice to get started as you won't need a graphics card right away but it also wouldn't limit you if you installed a midrange card later. Some other decent prices I saw today were some cheap ssd+ddr4 bundles. You can get an am4 board pretty cheaply these days, lots of options out there $50-$100.
Good advice. To boil it down even more, your components are all going to center around your GPU and CPU. Once you settle on those, it is mostly a matter of buying the right supporting hardware.

This is objectively false. Chrono Cross received widespread praise, even got all 10's from EGM and went Greatest Hits back then. I don't care if you have your own personal opinion because you can't please everyone but the general consensus at the time was that it was an amazing game and it sold millions.
yeah but you're a complete psychopath.

This is objectively false. Chrono Cross received widespread praise, even got all 10's from EGM and went Greatest Hits back then. I don't care if you have your own personal opinion because you can't please everyone but the general consensus at the time was that it was an amazing game and it sold millions.
It received great reviews including in EGM where it was awarded mostly 10's, but it didn't get a platinum since Sewart gave it a 9.5.

Last edited:
Some significant microcenter instore cpu price drops today.
12400 $160 
11700kf $180
11600k $150
11400 $130

Another Monday came and went and no e-mail for Steam Deck.  Let's hope for Thursday!

Enjoy these keys This is the 3rd time I have bought this mystery bundle!  Definitely been worth my $ (and yours lol) and time.

Dead Synchronicity (point and click)

0ZDLQ-6QWJL-6DANC

1954 Alcatraz (point and click)

GIAKT-04H44-ZQ9QR

Main Assembly (3rd time I have gotten this key in this mystery bundle)

G6AMT-KG0N6-GP3JF

Spirit Hunter NG (what is with all the visual novel/ point and click ones this time?)

XG40P-8LMR5-98H62

Star Wolves 3: Civil War (own already)

D4L4K-C7A95-W5JCR

AER: Memories of Old (own already, through this mystery bundle)

NRK5G-6FEE6-F4N4K

Rebel  Galaxy (own already)

A5C7H-BKRI0-XZQXH

Going Under (own already, thought this mystery bundle)

BYTY8-KTADF-7LP4V

Darwinia: Remastered.

Darwinia: 10,000th Anniversary Edition (Remastered) is up on Steam and GOG now.

Steam:

Darwinia Remastered - Steam version = $1.99

Introversion Classics Pack Bundle (Complete A Bundle):

-> Pack includes for Steam - Darwinia Remastered Game & OST; Multiwinia; Uplink; DEFCON Game & OST.

-> Pricing MAY VARY / Check what you own for discount-pricing.

-> I'm seeing 80% off at $3.99 while owning Uplink & Multiwinia.

Introversion Complete Pack Bundle (Complete A Bundle):

-> Pack includes for Steam - Darwinia Remastered, Multiwinia, Uplink, DEFCON, Scanner Sombre.

-> I'm seeing 90% off at $2.57 while owning Uplink & Multiwinia.

GOG:

Darwinia Remastered - GOG Edition = $1.99

Darwinia: Remastered.

Darwinia: 10,000th Anniversary Edition (Remastered) is up on Steam and GOG now.

Steam:

Darwinia Remastered - Steam version = $1.99

Introversion Complete Pack Bundle (Complete A Bundle):

-> Pack includes for Steam - Darwinia Remastered, Multiwinia, Uplink, DEFCON, Scanner Sombre.

-> I'm seeing 90% off at $2.57 while owning Uplink & Multiwinia.

GOG:

Darwinia Remastered - GOG Edition = $1.99
I had scanner sombre (I'd guess from humble or fanatical) so it was $3.96 for all 4 games. The other bundle they offered was $3.99 and that included the soundtracks for Defcon and Darwinia. So 3 cents if you want the soundtracks.

I had scanner sombre (I'd guess from humble or fanatical) so it was $3.96 for all 4 games. The other bundle they offered was $3.99 and that included the soundtracks for Defcon and Darwinia. So 3 cents if you want the soundtracks.
Thanks.

Edited that Introversion Pack w/ the OST's into my post some few posts up.

But 1 Chrono Cross multiplied by 1 Chrono Cross is 2.

Still pc noob'n over here. Making my parts list. 🤪 When you buy the parts, do they come with all the necessary wiring? Or will I also need wiring kits and such?

Still pc noob'n over here. Making my parts list. When you buy the parts, do they come with all the necessary wiring? Or will I also need wiring kits and such?
For most basic things you're covered with the box contents of the motherboard and psu.

Sonic Origins stuff:

Notes:

-> Sonic Origins is a Remaster of Sonic 1, 2, 3 & Knuckles; and Sonic CD.

-> This is coming in June.

-> There are new Game Modes in these new remasters.

-> Animations, game modes & more are locked behind DLC's - https://www.videogameschronicle.com/news/sonic-origins-locks-modes-character-animations-and-more-behind-dlc/

-> PC version's system requirements - https://wccftech.com/sonic-origins-confirmed-to-have-denuvo-drm-on-pc-system-requirements-revealed/

-> PC version uses Denuvo (see above and the Steam Page).

-> Pre-Order Chart for all the versions of this game:

Screen_Shot_2022_04_20_at_9.53.30_AM.png

All sites talk up the NVVIDIA 3060 Ti , is that my best option for a decent pc for 1080p 60fps target on most games?  Not trying to go expensive, but also don't want crap.

This is one site I'm looking at:

https://www.pcgamer.com/gaming-pc-build-guide/

My problem is being new, and during shortages, I need to research what a normal aka decent price is for stuff.

The 3060 Ti link is an 800$ reseller....

I would go the 3070Ti, but the prices are still stupid. I'm waiting till the newer stuff releases nearer the end of the year and try to get that, or see if the drops prices more. Just saying the your timing is a bit bad is all, and I'm waiting myself. 3060Ti is acceptable, but it's more of a $400-$500 card. I did the same when I got a 1070Ti when new stuff was going to get released. I wished I waited back then.

I use the AMD Ryzen 9 5900X, and for their prices I recommend them over the more expensive Intel stuff. There is newer technology dropping at the end of the year I believe for Intel (12th Generation Alder Lake-HX), so it can be worth waiting. I can vouch for the power supply from Corsair (would get at least 700w though for upgrading, to be safe I'd go 850w). The vengeance ram is dependable, having built workstations with them for a few years. The HD is good, although I recommend also the Samsung Evo 970 is pretty nice, but could go other models. The case is similar to mine, but I like black cases and my case has 2 front USB3 slots. Highly recommend the 2 slots, but 1 is acceptable. The ASUS ROG stuff is great, I have one of them myself. the Windows software isn't amazing though, but okay. For motherboards as long as it handles the RAM, CPU, and HD, don't be afraid of other companies. I've used everything from refurbished motherboards, to no name motherboards (not as good BIOS, so I don't recommend), but mid ranged motherboards are good. I just make sure mine has at least 6 SATA connections (mine currently has 8), but I run about 7 HDs (including an external).

Also you could get recommendations for complete case + RAM + power supply + graphics card from others on here more familiar with that. I'd still recommend waiting if possible, or getting all the other parts and getting the graphics card later, but I'm sure you want to see if Cyberpunk 2077 is a bomb or not.

Well...its's Thursday and no email for my Steam Deck (and please do not say the day isn't over yet lol). Enjoy these keys!

Each time I get 10 random keys, lets see how many i keep this time! 

Real Warefar 1242 (owned)

9AXA5-MNR9L-5FV55

Crewsaders (not big on multiplayer co-op games)

RMPBJ-43V08-KP7JT

Pilot Brothers (owned)

4YE8T-KXQCG-ICLKI

Rig n Roll (not my kind of Sim..and I drive nights)

CP6CB-RQV0V-09W0G

Soldiers: Heroes of World War II

ZEC8G-4NBNM-VKRCC

Automachef (think 3rd time have gotten this key)

IC604-4C9QX-BJH4J

Stalingrad (owned from previous mystery bundle)

6PAFX-RCW63-QHL29

Gone home + Soundtrack (own game, never really understood buying game soundtracks tbh)

5EBVI-9NNH4-YE8ZL

End of the bundle I kept 2 keys and was worth it.  Keep fingers crossed for Monday now!

I would go the 3070Ti, but the prices are still stupid. I'm waiting till the newer stuff releases nearer the end of the year and try to get that, or see if the drops prices more. Just saying the your timing is a bit bad is all, and I'm waiting myself. 3060Ti is acceptable, but it's more of a $400-$500 card. I did the same when I got a 1070Ti when new stuff was going to get released. I wished I waited back then.

I use the AMD Ryzen 9 5900X, and for their prices I recommend them over the more expensive Intel stuff. There is newer technology dropping at the end of the year I believe for Intel (12th Generation Alder Lake-HX), so it can be worth waiting. I can vouch for the power supply from Corsair (would get at least 700w though for upgrading, to be safe I'd go 850w). The vengeance ram is dependable, having built workstations with them for a few years. The HD is good, although I recommend also the Samsung Evo 970 is pretty nice, but could go other models. The case is similar to mine, but I like black cases and my case has 2 front USB3 slots. Highly recommend the 2 slots, but 1 is acceptable. The ASUS ROG stuff is great, I have one of them myself. the Windows software isn't amazing though, but okay. For motherboards as long as it handles the RAM, CPU, and HD, don't be afraid of other companies. I've used everything from refurbished motherboards, to no name motherboards (not as good BIOS, so I don't recommend), but mid ranged motherboards are good. I just make sure mine has at least 6 SATA connections (mine currently has 8), but I run about 7 HDs (including an external).

Also you could get recommendations for complete case + RAM + power supply + graphics card from others on here more familiar with that. I'd still recommend waiting if possible, or getting all the other parts and getting the graphics card later, but I'm sure you want to see if Cyberpunk 2077 is a bomb or not.
Awesome info. I was going to try starting with a case, and buy a few parts at a time and resist going all out at once. Probably too impatient to wait until end of year, but can wait some.

And I still have Cyberpunk wrapped up from a 10 or 5 sale at Bestbuy for xbox. Maybe I'll play it one day. :dunce:

Bestbuy currently has some Corsair components like the 850x power on a 15% sale with other component purchase.

Sonic Origins stuff:

Notes:
-> Sonic Origins is a Remaster of Sonic 1, 2, 3 & Knuckles; and Sonic CD.
-> This is coming in June.
-> There are new Game Modes in these new remasters.
-> Animations, game modes & more are locked behind DLC's - https://www.videogameschronicle.com/news/sonic-origins-locks-modes-character-animations-and-more-behind-dlc/
-> PC version's system requirements - https://wccftech.com/sonic-origins-confirmed-to-have-denuvo-drm-on-pc-system-requirements-revealed/
-> PC version uses Denuvo (see above and the Steam Page).
-> Pre-Order Chart for all the versions of this game:
Screen_Shot_2022_04_20_at_9.53.30_AM.png
Can’t wait to get this in 2024’s Sega Hamble Bandle.

Agree with all this. The problem is that "timing is bad" has been going on 4+ years now. There is never a good time. So you just buy the best card that you can.

I probably wouldn't get anything less power than a 3070 Ti right now. You want something that's going to last a long time going forward, or else target the low end. The ~$400-$700 price range is poor value proposition for 'Tier 3' and below cards.

Dang....  just got steam deck email....  I had the 512 reserved... if it was he 400$ model I'd get it, but now I'm thinking for 650 I should just cancel and use that toward a desktop build.  Bummed I can't downgrade.

Having to drop more than a series x to get it kills it for me.

Agreed on this. Since the guy asking has no MC nearby, I'd recommend one of two listings that are popping instock recently:
Asus TUF 3070ti $699 on amazon (up right now)
EVGA 3070ti $699 direct from evga (oos currently. you also need to pay shipping but can also google for an associate code to offset it)
So, the leading brand name TUF, EVGA, etc... before the NVIDIA 3070 Ti part... I'm getting that that doesn't really matter?

bread's done
Back