Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
Chorus.

Long-winded review under SPOILERS.

INTRO = 07-30-2022.

Been playing Chorus (stylized as CHORVS) on PC Game Pass. I'm already some 3 1/2 horus or so into this one - so yes, I got some thoughts here on what feels and plays like basically the New Freelancer. If you liked or loved Freelancer, which was an open-world 3rd person spaceship-shooter - well, more like open-galaxy with a 3rd person camera behind your spaceship in this spaceship-shooter, to be specific - you're going to dig this.

OUT OF THIS GALAXY.

You play as Nara here, who was once an elite pilot for a Cult-like group that is trying to takeover the Galaxy and control everything & everyone. She has some grief over something she did in the past, without giving away too much here story-wise - and this Cult is coming after her and your friends, since she's living a life of Exile away from the Cult. She often speaks and thinks to herself - often in a whisper here, BTW - so the player knows her thoughts. She also is using her memories to put all this story & character development stuff together for the player. While the story's decent so far, it doesn't seem spectacular yet or gotten to that point...if it'll even get there. Though, the voice-acting here is good and mostly that stuff happens in-ship in say small boxes w/ communications & pictures/avatars, similar to what games like Freelancer and Egosoft's X series of space-sims do. You do have some cut-scenes here & there and se some character models like Nara in her ship in detail - but mostly, most stuff happens while in-ship when in-game.

THE GALAXY IS YOURS.

This game is very similar to games like Freelancer, as an open-world spaceship-shooter with the 3rd-person camera behind the spaceship. No first-person camera here, as it's all behind the ship. Combat with the gamepad (Xbox 360 for Windows USB-based gamepad) is fine and it all extremely well. Like most modern PC games, you can remap the the keyboard/mouse and also even the gamepad controls - so you're surely find something that will work for you here. Also, there are a handful or so of numerous presets for the gamepad for controls, if you want to use those too. Regardless, I found something that works for me and it's pretty good.

CONTROL.

The gamepad of course rumbles and feels weighty quite a bit, when say rolling and dodging with your ship; when you speed-up and/or use your afterburners; using jump-drive to fly super-fast (to get to destinations much quicker, since you're in a huge open-galaxy/open-world here); and shooting enemies in some awesome dogfighting-style of spaceship combat. All of this feels great w/ the X360 gamepad, despite of course the analog sticks not being the most accurate thing in the galaxy here (since you will be aiming, shooting & flying here) - though, for aiming purposes when need be, the mouse of course is much better for that - even though you'll be missing all of the rumble and controller effects from the X360 gamepad. Certainly, this all is definitely something the game gets right & is great at: the combat, flying, and ship mechanics, as everything feels super-fluid, smooth, and great. This is one of the biggest thrills and best things about this game, as everything here is awesome on all of this. 

MISSIONS.

Even when some of the missions do the same old format of say Kill X enemies (such as ships, turrets, and other stuff); find X things; go to X area or areas; etc etc. format - it's hard to fault the game a ton for this so far & so early on here, especially when it's hard to be sick of the combat; the combat's is so damn good & smooth; it's excellent. Maybe in a sequel or spiritual successor of sorts they can say do more with say the mission types that are often side-missions, but the main missions are also pretty good & more than the usual format, usually having their own level design and whatnot to them. A few side missions even gave me a choice to fight enemies or just pay off the enemies, so I didn't have to battle them - and the result was different...so I hope to see more of that in this game, though it ain't expected.

CHORUS 1: FOUNDATIONS.

This game certainly has a great foundation here given everything I've said - especially in the last paragraph. So, hopefully given this foundation here - hopefully especially for (hopefully) later in the game, for possible expansions, and/or sequels...namely, they'd probably need more variety in the missions; especially the side missions. Regardless, everything here is very accessible, very straight-forward, not over-bearing, and not overly complex - unlike say some space-sims like Egosoft's X series, which can have a very tough learning curve. So, if you've never done an EgoSoft X space-sim or never done Freelancer, this is the perfect space-shooter for you and it's loaded with tons of awesome action.

UPGRADES.

As usual per these type of space-shooters like Freelancer - you can upgrade your skills, equipment, ships, and whatnot. While I haven't seen many different ships here to purchase (not sure if this will happen later), there are options to upgrade a few things in a RPG-lite type of manner, like you'd see in other space-shooters like Freelancer. You have some specific skills tailored to your character and weapons that you'll get, from doing certain main missions and/or side missions. And it seems like this game doesn't throw all of its skills and/or stuff at you at all once, so...stuff so far seems spaced-out a bit and well enough that one you might be wondering "When am I getting the next weapon or skill?"...well, then here it comes!

PERFORMANCE.

At 1080p with DLAA On & RT On, the few character models here (like Nara) and also the game-world and its details on the rocks, the space-stations, the asteroids, the galaxy, and everything out there in space - yeah, this all looks fantastic and outstanding. I've been wanting a HD-style Freelancer type of game for a long time - and well, certainly, this fits that bill in many ways. Graphically, it looks stunning, flying out there in space.

BLAST.

3 1/2 hours in or so, this game's a blast so far. It feels like a modern Freelancer, in many ways. Hopefully, this game's format & mission structure improves with more mission variety & choice in especially the side quests - but, I ain't expecting the moon & galaxies here on that. With a great foundation here in so many ways w/ the controls for the flying, combat, and accessibility of it all - so far, this game's a blast & a real winner. So for now, I'm singing this game's song & praises here in Chorus, right along w/ this game's very own Chorus.

More to come, at some point.

Last edited by a moderator:
Seconded. Anything* that takes up the majority of an entire page is best behind a spoiler tag.

* excludes pizza
Hmmm...

giphy-downsized-large.gif

800px-NYPizzaPie.jpg

best-pizza-in-nyc_fumo_harlem-1-1.jpg

09JPPIZZA2-articleLarge-v3.jpg

__opt__aboutcom__coeus__resources__content_migration__serious_eats__seriouseats.com__recipes__images__2016__05__20160503-spicy-spring-pizza-recipe-37-f00f24dc467f4bad82d5434d7c28c12e.jpg

White-Pizza-Recipe-1.jpg

800px-Pizza_with_mushrooms_and_cheese.jpg

pepperoni-pizza.jpg

SFS_chicago_deep_dish_pizza-16_cehf9d.jpg

Deep-Dish-Pizza-5.jpg

Deep-Dish-Pizza-1200-6970.jpg

DeepDishPizza_1024x576.jpg

Deep-Dish-Pizza-sq.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

12-of-the-weirdest-pizzas-from-around-the-world.jpg

pope-francis-pizza-bleecker-street-pie-11.jpg

Ten-Weird-and-Bizarre-Pizza-Toppings-From-Around-The-World-1.jpg

flatten;crop;webp=auto;jpeg_quality=60.jpg

%E3%82%B9%E3%82%AF%E3%83%AA%E3%83%BC%E3%83%B3%E3%82%B7%E3%83%A7%E3%83%83%E3%83%88-2020-07-16-9.30.27-638x450.png

%E3%82%B9%E3%82%AF%E3%83%AA%E3%83%BC%E3%83%B3%E3%82%B7%E3%83%A7%E3%83%83%E3%83%88-2020-07-16-9.30.22.png

origin.jpg

giphy.gif

I had some extra groupees bundle keys for some music bundles... I posted the list in the groupees thread.  All synthwave crap.  Just mentioning it here in case anyone don't follow the groupees threat anymore.

I wonder what sad excuse for a human being reported it... They need more pizza in their life.  No time to be salty about OT posts on a forum when your life expectancy drops 20 years from eating excessive amounts of pizza.

For anyone that had any interest in Tekken 7 and still hasn't gotten the game yet the Definitive Edition has hit an all-time low on Steam at $17.59:

https://store.steampowered.com/app/389730/TEKKEN_7/

This is also the second lowest price ever for the Definitive Edition, with GameBillet having it on sale for $15.66 as the cheapest.  But it's been out of stock every day since their sale started so I don't count that really.  This package basically contains all the DLC for that game as far as I'm aware (characters, stages, Tekken bowling, frame data, etc).

Updating Banners of Ruin review along with DLC Powdermaster.

Many got this in the last Humble choice, but it's a decent but very hard and somewhat generic Slay the Spire like. This is a decent game, but a few things hold it back. First of all the card choices are very generic after a bit. It's good if you want multiple of things, but many are very generic. You need to prioritize getting more party members because the fights become very hard. I still haven't fully beaten the game, but have gotten very close. It has great graphics, but runs are kind of long, and the fighting just takes a while, especially near the end of the game. It's still probably a 7/10, being good, but not great maybe trending towards a 6.5/10.

Now for the powdermaster DLC, it's probably not worth buying. The powdermaster starts alone and is harder to play. There are events just for the powdermaster as well. It's alright, but doesn't integrate well into the game. Also these events come out for others, but seems worthless cause some give grenades and only the powdermaster has grenades. Likely a 6/10 DLC.

It just isn't a great deck builder, but is very playable, good to complete for a while, and fun in a way, but is flawed as well. I do recommend you try it if you got the Humble choice.

Updating Banners of Ruin review along with DLC Powdermaster.

Many got this in the last Humble choice, but it's a decent but very hard and somewhat generic Slay the Spire like. This is a decent game, but a few things hold it back. First of all the card choices are very generic after a bit. It's good if you want multiple of things, but many are very generic. You need to prioritize getting more party members because the fights become very hard. I still haven't fully beaten the game, but have gotten very close. It has great graphics, but runs are kind of long, and the fighting just takes a while, especially near the end of the game. It's still probably a 7/10, being good, but not great maybe trending towards a 6.5/10.

Now for the powdermaster DLC, it's probably not worth buying. The powdermaster starts alone and is harder to play. There are events just for the powdermaster as well. It's alright, but doesn't integrate well into the game. Also these events come out for others, but seems worthless cause some give grenades and only the powdermaster has grenades. Likely a 6/10 DLC.

It just isn't a great deck builder, but is very playable, good to complete for a while, and fun in a way, but is flawed as well. I do recommend you try it if you got the Humble choice.
I found I had better luck when I was playing a solo tank character than with 2-3.

I've never heard of Legacy Games (some sort of client, I guess) or Family Mysteries: Poisonous Promises, but it looks like a grandma game, so if any Motokis-in-the-making want to make a Legacy Games account and use the key I got from Amazon Prime to get their grandma on, be my guest.

I5MDJ-DVWHI-Y2QH3

That 2060 deal went live about 24 hours ago so I'm surprised it's still active. Best deal I've seen at ~$200 for a new card in years.

In related news, the closest BB to me is still offering the 3060 Ti FE for $400 (pickup only, no shipping). Unfortunately my desire for an upgrade is no match for my frugality and laziness.

Picked up a used GTX 1650 for $80 today (wanted a PCIe powered card for an office PC).  Was kind of funny thinking about how it was $300 used maybe six months ago.  Ironically, for all the good prices on far better cards, the RX 6400 is still sitting at $150 so getting a better card for half the price felt nice.

For anyone that had any interest in Tekken 7 and still hasn't gotten the game yet the Definitive Edition has hit an all-time low on Steam at $17.59:

https://store.steampowered.com/app/389730/TEKKEN_7/

This is also the second lowest price ever for the Definitive Edition, with GameBillet having it on sale for $15.66 as the cheapest. But it's been out of stock every day since their sale started so I don't count that really. This package basically contains all the DLC for that game as far as I'm aware (characters, stages, Tekken bowling, frame data, etc).
Does anyone know how if definitive edition code is broken up by game + dlc content or all in one? I already have the base game so wondering if I would be able to buy this version as a gift and then sell the base code separately. Or if I’ll just have to eat the $6 since steam doesn’t give you another copy buying for myself.

Awhile back I asked about Steam Deck cases and no one really had any ideas. I got a really good one that Spigen just put out:

https://www.amazon.com/Designed-Steam-Deck-Carrying-Accessories-Original/dp/B09XFH6NY4

It's an inch or two thicker than the original case and the pouch fits my charger, extra battery, and some cables. Could probably fit a mouse and a very small keyboard in there too. I highly recommend this over the original case

Awhile back I asked about Steam Deck cases and no one really had any ideas. I got a really good one that Spigen just put out:

https://www.amazon.com/Designed-Steam-Deck-Carrying-Accessories-Original/dp/B09XFH6NY4

It's an inch or two thicker than the original case and the pouch fits my charger, extra battery, and some cables. Could probably fit a mouse and a very small keyboard in there too. I highly recommend this over the original case
That's a pretty nice looking case! I'm going to add that to the list to keep an eye on. I don't travel much now, but if I end up doing so, I can see getting a sturdier case than what the deck came with.

Some reviews are saying that if you put the charger and other things in the top storage area it pushes down on the thumb sticks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know there was a lot of poo pooing of the newest monthly bundle but I've been playing The Ascent quite a bit and really like it.

It's a twin stick shooter RPG. Your character has abilities, skills much like you would see in a D&D game. It's classless so what you equipped is what you use. How much you've invested in each skill determines how could your character uses what's equipped.

It's got a sinple cover, which you can shoot over, by just squatting behind it.

The world is really well done, it's grimy where it needs to be and all decked out in neon were appropriate. It feels alive even though you can talk to very few characters and that some group of people are in the same place every time you cone through it.

They're hubs were no weapons can be used but there is also a lot of people milling around in the areas that are hub like but enemies are in there. Sometimes they'll attack you on sight and other times were if you keep moving along they'll leave you be.

And when it hits the fans those innocent people try their best to flee but they're not always smart about it and you can find them in the middle of a firefight. It certainly helps make the world feel more alive. (There's no punishment for them dying, which is a smart decision, as you're pretty much guaranteed to hit a couple during some of the more intense gun battles.)

There seems to be RNG in what drops but there's no RNG on the drops. All the weapons of that type have the same numbers... and the only way to make that gun better is to upgrade that weapon design. (Once upgraded to a Mk 2 all of the weapons of that type will be a Mk 2.)

I've had every submachine gun, assault rifle, machinegun that I can buy drop... but only like two of the four handguns have dropped. (I've mostly used an AR or a machine gun with the SMG as my secondary but one of the pistols I've gotten deals energy damage so when I start fighting more robots I'll likely have to start equipping it.)

Anyhow, it's really been fun and I can see myself playing at least through the story.

bread's done
Back