Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
Some reviews are saying that if you put the charger and other things in the top storage area it pushes down on the thumb sticks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The non-five star reviews are all for UK people who say the charger doesn't fit. The USA version of the charger fits fine, and you can put it in its mesh bag from the original case for extra protection. If you're that concerned you can position it in-between the sticks, but mine wasn't pushing down on them

Last edited by a moderator:
I know there was a lot of poo pooing of the newest monthly bundle but I've been playing The Ascent quite a bit and really like it.

It's a twin stick shooter RPG. Your character has abilities, skills much like you would see in a D&D game. It's classless so what you equipped is what you use. How much you've invested in each skill determines how could your character uses what's equipped.

It's got a sinple cover, which you can shoot over, by just squatting behind it.

The world is really well done, it's grimy where it needs to be and all decked out in neon were appropriate. It feels alive even though you can talk to very few characters and that some group of people are in the same place every time you cone through it.

They're hubs were no weapons can be used but there is also a lot of people milling around in the areas that are hub like but enemies are in there. Sometimes they'll attack you on sight and other times were if you keep moving along they'll leave you be.

And when it hits the fans those innocent people try their best to flee but they're not always smart about it and you can find them in the middle of a firefight. It certainly helps make the world feel more alive. (There's no punishment for them dying, which is a smart decision, as you're pretty much guaranteed to hit a couple during some of the more intense gun battles.)

There seems to be RNG in what drops but there's no RNG on the drops. All the weapons of that type have the same numbers... and the only way to make that gun better is to upgrade that weapon design. (Once upgraded to a Mk 2 all of the weapons of that type will be a Mk 2.)

I've had every submachine gun, assault rifle, machinegun that I can buy drop... but only like two of the four handguns have dropped. (I've mostly used an AR or a machine gun with the SMG as my secondary but one of the pistols I've gotten deals energy damage so when I start fighting more robots I'll likely have to start equipping it.)

Anyhow, it's really been fun and I can see myself playing at least through the story.
Sadly I lost interest in it rather quickly last year. It was fairly fun in co-op though.

liquid-pour.gif

tumblr_p7r9ww6ZZi1rpaggbo1_400.gif

Id Software has changed & simplified ALL of their listings for certain classic games on Steam:

https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/208200/view/3404177923731666001

Notes:

- Steam-versions of classic Id games are getting de-listed, re-listed, combined, compiled together & simplified.

- DOOM (1993) is now the new name for Ultimate Doom [original Doom with Expansion].

- DOOM II now contains as one package: Doom II (1993), Doom II Enhanced, Master Levels for Doom II &Final Doom.

- DOOM 3 listing now contains OG Doom 3 & RoE expansion as one install; & DOOM 3 BFG Edition as another install.

- Quake 2 listing now contains as one package: Quake II, The Reckoning expansion & Ground Zero expansion.

- Quake 3: Arena now contains as one package with separate installs: Quake 3: Arena & Quake 3: Team Arena.

- In some instances: players that own DOOM 3: BFG, you're getting upgraded to that whole Doom 3 package...

- ...in which that Doom 3 package now comes w/ Old Doom 3 & RoE versions too, if you're missing those.

- For those missing stuff still: there are Complete A Bundles to buy what you're missing, in certain instances.

Mega Man Collections are on sale on GamesPlanet and their divsions.

Looks like GP UK Division has...

1. Mega Man Legacy Collection 2 for around $4.65 USD (after conversion from pounds).

2. Mega Man X Collection 1 & 2 Bundle for around $12 USD (after conversion from pounds).

Note: Small Conversion fees may apply from pounds to USD on some services such as PayPal.

GP USA Division has...

1. Mega Man Legacy Collection 1 for $4.75 USD

2. Mega Man Zero/ZX Collection Bundle for $11 USD.

3. Mega Man Legacy Collection 1 & 2 Bundle for $11 USD.

4. Mega Man 11 is $7.50 USD.

That Fortnite money must really be running out lol. Pretty sure I've gotten free Steam keys for that game at least 3 times from Fanatical
Its either that or 2-3 humble bundles or a monthly choice. I remembered I had one of them from humble and apparently I have #2 and 3 from Humble.

THQ Nordic is having a Digital Showcase tomorrow and they're running a deal on games this weekend on Steam.  For those who don't own them on Steam yet, it looks like all of the Alone in the Dark games have hit all time lows.

-Alone in the Dark Anthology (AitD1, AitD2, AitD3 and Alone in the Dark 2008) is $1.49

https://store.steampowered.com/sub/135448/

-Alone in the Dark: The New Nightmare is $.69

https://store.steampowered.com/app/259190/Alone_in_the_Dark_The_New_Nightmare/

-Alone in the Dark: Illumination is $1.99

https://store.steampowered.com/app/275060/Alone_in_the_Dark_Illumination/

I've heard some people say there are rumors something Alone in the Dark related might get announced tomorrow so I decided to pick these up again on Steam (except Illumination, which I've heard is terrible.  Don't know yet if I'll get that too just to round out the collection).

THQ Nordic is having a Digital Showcase tomorrow and they're running a deal on games this weekend on Steam. For those who don't own them on Steam yet, it looks like all of the Alone in the Dark games have hit all time lows.

-Alone in the Dark Anthology (AitD1, AitD2, AitD3 and Alone in the Dark 2008) is $1.49
https://store.steampowered.com/sub/135448/

-Alone in the Dark: The New Nightmare is $.69
https://store.steampowered.com/app/259190/Alone_in_the_Dark_The_New_Nightmare/

-Alone in the Dark: Illumination is $1.99
https://store.steampowered.com/app/275060/Alone_in_the_Dark_Illumination/

I've heard some people say there are rumors something Alone in the Dark related might get announced tomorrow so I decided to pick these up again on Steam (except Illumination, which I've heard is terrible. Don't know yet if I'll get that too just to round out the collection).
Thanks I had actually picked up the Anthology a bit earlier today but didn't know about New Nightmare. Definitely will get that.

What's the deal with Illumination? I'd never heard of it and it has really bad reviews but I'm kinda curious about it anyway. Is it just one of those coop multiplayer horror adventures? That's kinda the vibe I'm getting from the steam page but I still can't really tell what it actually is?

Didn't know about the THQ Nordic show case but I'll definitely keep my eyes peeled tomorrow. Love game showcases lol

Thanks I had actually picked up the Anthology a bit earlier today but didn't know about New Nightmare. Definitely will get that.

What's the deal with Illumination? I'd never heard of it and it has really bad reviews but I'm kinda curious about it anyway. Is it just one of those coop multiplayer horror adventures? That's kinda the vibe I'm getting from the steam page but I still can't really tell what it actually is?

Didn't know about the THQ Nordic show case but I'll definitely keep my eyes peeled tomorrow. Love game showcases lol
I've never played Illumination so I don't know much about it myself, but I just remember hearing it was really bad. I guess it's designed for co-op, but you can also play solo? At least that's the way the Steam page makes it sound.

And yeah, the showcase is tomorrow at 12pm PT / 3pm ET. I'm curious to see what they'll show.

https://www.gematsu.com/event/thq-nordic-digital-showcase-2022

Are these even good games? The reviews are abysmal
I definitely haven't played all of them, but I remember playing the old Alone In The Dark games on line ps1 when I was a kid and thinking they were really scary. Can't say if they hold up but they were, at least at the time, decent RE competitors

So I own one of the games in the Anthology (as do a lot of people) but apparently I have to buy the Anthology just for the 3 classic games? What a rip.
Yeah "Alone in the Dark" was bundled before, but the classic trilogy wasn't.. so I guess this is THQs bs way of making us rebuy the bundled game to get the trilogy. At least they're cheap though, so probably still worth the price

Are these even good games? The reviews are abysmal
One of those series that was extremely influential but the more games that released in the series the more they lost their luster and were outdone by things like Silent Hill and Resident Evil.

The original games are iconic, but pretty much a bear to play by today's standards. I.E. If you like adventure games, and love the adventure games from the 90's that were the "golden era" (Lucas Arts stuff like Grim Fandango and Full Throttle that were when they got the formula down) if you go back and play something like an early Kings Quest or Space Quest, and find out how crazy hard and cryptic it is, with every wrong command killing you for the most trivial reasons, you probably won't have a great time.

The newer Alone in the Dark games were trying to hold on to contend in a genre they helped define, but already lost in. Haven't really heard great things about...any of them.

One of those series that was extremely influential but the more games that released in the series the more they lost their luster and were outdone by things like Silent Hill and Resident Evil.

The original games are iconic, but pretty much a bear to play by today's standards. I.E. If you like adventure games, and love the adventure games from the 90's that were the "golden era" (Lucas Arts stuff like Grim Fandango and Full Throttle that were when they got the formula down) if you go back and play something like an early Kings Quest or Space Quest, and find out how crazy hard and cryptic it is, with every wrong command killing you for the most trivial reasons, you probably won't have a great time.

The newer Alone in the Dark games were trying to hold on to contend in a genre they helped define, but already lost in. Haven't really heard great things about...any of them.
The New Nightmare was pretty okay for its time, although it was aping RE real hard. It also had a pretty neat effect with the flashlight in spite of using prerendered backgrounds.

That’s about the best I can say for the series after the first game.

I played an hour of the DioField Chronicles demo.

Being a big SRPG fan I had high hopes, but I think its a $40 game at a $60 price point.  Technically it runs fine, but around the edges, the graphical presentation is rough; meaning the artstyle works and it overall is functional, but certain settings, configs, etc. on my machine produce weird artifacts, blurriness (not related to AA type), and anomalies.  I fiddled with the settings more to make the game look "right" versus performance based corrections.

They tied several annoying things, like Chromatic Aberration, directly to one slider called "post-processing," thus its basically do you want all effects or no effects.  Annoying.

The story is stilted and the dialog is kinda hamfisted, but the presentation is good.  The 2D art is oustanding, but the 3D art, including the character models faces, is kinda jank.

The gameplay is Growlanser based combat, so real time with pause sort of system with four characters, special attacks, and FF-style summons.  The maps I have played so far are fairly linear boxes with just 3v1 (and later 4v1) the enemy until the red bar goes down.  I am playing on normal, and still hearing even hard is easy.

Seems like its getting a lot of positive feedback, but I question it.  I am pretty much the "jank king" in terms of loving unpolished games with a lot of heart, but this one does not have the same soul as similar stuff I have played.  Coming off Symphony of War, this feels less impactful.  More so since its a $60 ask.

I plan to finish the demo, trying the M+KB controls versus the controller; the controller (Xbone Pad) works fine, but I fiddled a bit with selection process. 

Aside, the missions are timed, such as "Beat in 4:00 and get a reward."  The first mission that came up, I was worried (timers give me anxiety), but I beat it in like 1:45 without really trying.  The timer also stops when you enter pause mode to issue new movement/attack commands.  So perhaps that's not an issue.

If you read my Toaster-length demo feedback, I thank you.

Resident Evil 5: Untold Stories DLC Pack.

INTRO.

I just took on the Resident Evil 5 DLC's (namely the two short DLC campaigns) that are from Untold Stories DLC Pack and are also a part of RE5: Gold Edition. I had a blast with them, to say the least. Took about 2 hours to do the first DLC of the club (Lost In Nightmares DLC), which felt like a lot of classic survival-horror gameplay here (focused on puzzles, finding items and using them properly, and not always focused on action...even there there is some of that) and about an 1h30m to do the second action-packed & tough DLC (Desperate Escape DLC). I should note that while these can be done online co-op style, you can also do them solo-style & offline...in which I did the latter there.

LOST IN NIGHTMARES DLC.

The Lost In Nightmares DLC takes place in the mansion for Resident Evil 1, which I'm sure this DLC is going to give long-term RE fans & RE players since those days a lot of vibes, feels & nostalgia from that particular game. In this short DLC, it's loaded w/ lore in-game to read and all, to catch the player up on what's been going on there, what's going on w/ Umbrella these days, certain important characters to the franchise & why they're there. Chris Redfield & Jill Valentine are the two major players & protagonists in this one, in which on your 1st playthrough, you'll play as Chris and your friend or AI-teammate will be Jill. 

The gameplay & controls here is basically typical RE5, so it has that RE4 style of gameplay here (if you choose that style of controls & gameplay, which I did); and you can play w/ the Keyboard/mouse and/or the gamepad (which is up to you). This DLC is more focused on story, plot, Lore, and puzzle-solving; a lot of the staples of old-school survival-horror...even though this game's done & designed w/ the RE4 & RE5 style of controls & that camera viewpoint (which is in 3rd-person perspective & right behind the player at almost all times), thankfully - as we've certainly evolved since the old days of fixed-cameras & tank-controls from old-school RE & Silent Hill. Regardless, if you're looking for those old-school vibes of RE & nostalgia; puzzle-solving; some action here & there peppered in; an awesome boss fight; and a lot of Lore, story, & plot crammed into such a short DLC (around 2 hours, it took me) - look no further than this Lost In Nightmares DLC for RE5 here, since it's awesome.

DESPERATE ESCAPE DLC.

Desperate Escape DLC (DE DLC) takes place during the events of RE5, in which you can see how Jill Valentine (with blonde hair!) & Josh Stone escaped this place in epic fashion, who helped out Sheva & Chris in the RE5 base-game. Chris Redfield & Jill Valentine & Josh Stone are the two major players & protagonists in this one, in which you'll play as Jill and your friend or AI-teammate will be Josh (from RE5 base-game). In this (also) short DLC, it goes the complete opposite direction of the previous Lost in Nightmares DLC (LiN DLC). This DLC isn't mostly focused on say Lore and story here, as it's really focused on lots of action in big open-spaces & areas. Sure, there's a puzzle here & there, but nothing really taxing compared to previous RE's. Your min focus here in combat - and in terms of style, if you loved a lot of the combat sequences and whatnot found in say RE4 & RE5, you're going to have a blast. The DLC is certainly not easy by any means - yes, I did die quite a bit here, especially compared to LiN DLC. And the final epic encounter is nothing shot of awesome here too & ends in quite epic fashion. In its action-packed style & way, this DLC's awesome if that's what you're looking for in a RE title. 

OUTRO.

Personally, I like variety and both styles that each DLC here brings to the Untold Stories table. LiN DLC is so old-school in its style of gameplay being more focused on the survival-horror side of things & is focused on Story & Lore in its brevity, which is awesome - meanwhile the DE DLC really rounds things out here on the DLC Campaigns here for Untold Stories by offering the action-packed stylings of RE4 and RE5 style in its DLC in its brevity & short run-time. Despite their short run-times, the actual quality of these DLC's are awesome. Both DLC's are awesome and quite different from each other - though they both offer up an excellent & even better whole package when taken altogether here, despite their brevity. While there is other content in this package, I'm mostly interested here in the DLC Campaigns - and after around 3 1/2 hours altogether, I finished up the Untold Stories Pack of Campaign and am so glad that these awesome short stories were told. 

P.S.: THIS IS FOR CAPCOM. PLEASE REMAKE RE0 and RE1.

One last thing. Capcom, I hope you're reading this. Since LiN DLC is so awesome & loaded with nostalgia, feeling like a Love Letter to old-school survival-horror fans and old-school RE fans - man, I really wish Capcom would Remake from scratch RE0 and RE1 in the new-school style of controls (i.e. no tank controls) and the improved camera viewpoint that every RE game since RE4 has had going on (no fixed cameras and the camera's almost always in 3rd-person right behind your character). We can debate here whether RE4 even needs a Remake yet (i.e. I think it has aged very well still, IMHO - since I recently played it and it still feels like the foundation & formula for every RE since RE4) - but I do feel like RE0 and RE1 could really use some love - since you've already did great things with RE2 Remake. So, please Remake RE0 and RE1, like you did with RE2 Remake - yeah, that would be great.

booted up spoderman earlier. all game audio was being routed to my controller. checked all settings, restarted game. still happening. rebooted computer, still happening. great game, 10/10

edit- holy shit, it's a windows setting. i'm a moran.

Trying to clean up my wishlist, so I have a question for yall soulsborners. If I like Bloodborne and Dark Souls, will I like Nioh 2? I enjoy the setting and lore of both DS and Bb just as much, if not more than the combat mechanics. I wanted to like the first Nioh, but the feudal Japan setting and the fact I was an established character didn't sit with me. I haven't tried Sekiro (for similar reasons), so I can't use that to compare.

Trying to clean up my wishlist, so I have a question for yall soulsborners. If I like Bloodborne and Dark Souls, will I like Nioh 2? I enjoy the setting and lore of both DS and Bb just as much, if not more than the combat mechanics. I wanted to like the first Nioh, but the feudal Japan setting and the fact I was an established character didn't sit with me. I haven't tried Sekiro (for similar reasons), so I can't use that to compare.
I found Nioh 2 to be much more frustrating than any From Soft games or Nioh 1 … it just felt like a really cheap version of Dark Souls (cheap in the sense it’s not well designed and throws stuff at you, rather than quality-wise … it looks decent).

Sekiro is a good game, but it’s reliant on parrying … so if you play a different style in souls games, Sekiro will be a brutal lesson in embracing one style of game mechanics.

Personally I would say Elden Ring/Blood Borne/Dark Souls>Sekiro>Nioh 1>Nioh 2 … but that’s just me.

I pretty much agree with etcrane, but I do think Nioh 2 is better than 1. The developers overemphasize combat to the detriment of everything else, including level design and story. They're still good games but your love for Dark Souls won't necessarily translate to enjoyment of these games. If you can find a copy in a bundle or a physical PS4 copy for ~$10 I say heck yeah, give it a try. 

Sekiro is a good game, but it’s reliant on parrying … so if you play a different style in souls games, Sekiro will be a brutal lesson in embracing one style of game mechanics.

Personally I would say Elden Ring/Blood Borne/Dark Souls>Sekiro>Nioh 1>Nioh 2 … but that’s just me.
I didn't enjoy Nioh, so I never bothered with Nioh 2.

As for Sekiro, it's actually not great either if you rely on parry (I often do). That tutorial fight and
butterfly (not that I beat her because I found her pretty early)
was really fun to me because you can parry just about everything. But a lot of the miniboss/boss fights have random attacks that can't be parried, that you have to jump or roll for instead. So I gave up pretty soon (at the first snake encounter).

Also, I'm not a big fan of samurai stuff like a lot of people are. And I don't really like legacy dungeons. So my personal list still puts Bloodborn at the top, followed by Elden Ring in distant second.

I just really enjoyed the lore of Bloodborn more, I think.

Yeah, the atmosphere and lore of Bloodborne definitely keeps me coming back to it. Even the arcane mechanics, which I haven't dabbled with beyond pyromancy in DS were fun and interesting. And I've always had more of a thing for the medieval vibe that DS has vs far Eastern settings. I just keep trying to convince myself because I feel like I should like these similar, but very different games.

I’m not a great judge since I’ve never played all that far in any soulslike other than Code Vein (and that mostly because I was co-oping with a guy who was really into it), but I found the Nioh 2 demo more engaging and immediately accessible than Nioh 1, and I enjoyed the pacing more than Demons or Dark Souls (1, I haven’t played any others). That said, the atmosphere keys heavily into traditional Japanese horror (so youkai, not super gore), there was very little in the way of story in the demo, and it looks like the MC defaults to being a samurai vassal regardless of any kind of character concept you might have had.

I mean it is a two sided coin with three sides.
See, normally if you flip a coin, you got a 50/50 chance of guessing right. But this coin is a genetic freak and it's not normal. So you got a 25% at best, at getting it right. And then you add a third side to the mix, your chances of winning drastic go down.

Yeah, the atmosphere and lore of Bloodborne definitely keeps me coming back to it. Even the arcane mechanics, which I haven't dabbled with beyond pyromancy in DS were fun and interesting. And I've always had more of a thing for the medieval vibe that DS has vs far Eastern settings. I just keep trying to convince myself because I feel like I should like these similar, but very different games.
Most of what you say you enjoy, you should like Elden Ring quite a bit. Assuming you haven't played it.

Trying to clean up my wishlist...
That seems really similar to trying to take care of the ole backlog... I wish you luck! (I honestly think half my wish list is games that are negative to mostly negative ratings that I'll never buy but caught my eye before they released.)

Alone in the Dark, the first one was such a joy. Honestly, I think the first scary game I played. I don't think it would be scary today due to the tech but I might try it again... I never got through the whole thing. I got stuck in the area where there's a maze you have to find a way though with a lantern. At least that's what I thought. Whomever mention it being obtuse with some puzzles wasn't kidding. I spent days trying to get past a set of armor in a hallway. You end up having to throw a statue at it. (If I remember correctly.)

I picked up all the Alone in the Dark games... Illuminati, which I've never played, is a shit heap that was designed (poorly at that) for co-op. I really think that all that needs to be said.

The new hunting game, Way of the Hunter, looks really awesome in youtube videos. I never thought I would be interested in such things but I've put in lots of hours in theHunter CotW and found that I really do enjoy it. (I think some of it might just be walking through the forests and other environments. Something I really can't do in real life anymore.)

See, normally if you flip a coin, you got a 50/50 chance of guessing right. But this coin is a genetic freak and it's not normal. So you got a 25% at best, at getting it right. And then you add a third side to the mix, your chances of winning drastic go down.
This and Brett going "tell it to my face BILL GOLDBERG" are my favorite promo's ever.

We probably all have it as I have no idea how I got it.

Call to Arms - Basic Edition 4Z8QG-56ZQ*-4T92L

*George Brett's number

Gone!

People who don't already have it after finding out it's been grabbed:
Such a crazy incident in sports... One of the few times were a appeal was granted and the teams had to finsh the game a few weeks later.

Of course, today people couldn't fathom an actual rivalry between the Yankees and the Royals but it existed and the two teams hated each other. (They even had a good fist fight in the postseason that resulted in no one getting thrown out of the game.)

Such a crazy incident in sports... One of the few times were a appeal was granted and the teams had to finsh the game a few weeks later.

Of course, today people couldn't fathom an actual rivalry between the Yankees and the Royals but it existed and the two teams hated each other. (They even had a good fist fight in the postseason that resulted in no one getting thrown out of the game.)
George Brett is an a-hole. As a kid I was at a game really late on the parking lot when he came out to leave with another player. A kid approached him with a pen and a ball for him to sign. He took both from the kid and threw them as far as he could. Kid just sat down and cried, and Brett laughed at him.

I played an hour of the DioField Chronicles demo.

<snip>
I finally tried it yesterday (on PS5 though).

1. The controls also feels like it was designed for a PC in mind, but then people playing on PC say they wish it was designed with PC in mind. So maybe they tried to compromise and missed both targets.

• The movement queue is a little limited. You only get like 3 waypoints per character.
  • Some of the QoL is odd. I keep leaving the shop purchase screen because if you hit back, it doesn't go back to the weapon categories; it goes back a page.
  • Unsure how it is on PC, but on PS5, prompts appear before you can actually input something. So at least a few times, I'll see a prompt <Yes> <No> or whatever, hit confirm, and nothing happens. Because you have to wait like half a second before the input registers.
2. The 2D art is fine, but the 3D is lacking in details. It's passable, but it leaves a lot to be desired.

3. At the beginning, it felt very much like a MOBA, where you just send a unit and it auto attacks. But it quickly got past that where you'd want to use skills, and you're issuing a lot of movements and commands.

4. I played on hard, and while most missions have been easy, I've been stuck on at level 11 side mission. I've failed 3x so far and I don't really know how to beat it. Unless I'm supposed to grind, because my characters die in a couple of hits when a strong unit shows up.

While I was initially unimpressed, I did enjoy it more than I expected to. Should it be $40 instead? I don't know, because I don't know how much is in the main game. But the demo itself was quite lengthy.

bread's done
Back