Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
Curious: where is Gotham Knights $20?

Man, the way that's going - this could be $10 or in a Humble Choice soon.
Low $20s.. 22.49 in epic sale. Gamefly just sent me as an xbox rental. So I'll see if I like general gameplay that way, and then buy on pc for better framerate. Or wait for further bundle discount if I don't love it.

Is Microsoft going to make all Zenimax/Bethesda stuff like Starfield, Elder Scrolls 6, Fallout 5, a future new Doom, future Wolfensteins, future RAGEs, Dishonored/Deathloop stuff, and others Xbox/PC exclusive?
It appears so, for Starfield confirmed at least. I think it honestly came down to Sony's attitude with exclusives at this point, because MS seemed interested in supporting all platforms through Game Pass/PC. Since Sony blocked Square from putting their titles on Xbox exclusively, then it only fair that MS remain competitive by comparison. Kind of a double-edge sword in that it's inconvenient to not be able to have all games in one place, but it's anti-competitive to have one platform.

Honestly, Game Pass works for me so I have no reason to support Sony any longer. Their plus service has been a complete waste of money for me when all I wanted was to play online.and have never played a single one of their "free" games. Since Square has been slowly putting their games on PC, that's how I'll choose to play them if I even care to. The kicker is, doing some research it appears games like Triangle strategy support controllers, but people were having trouble with Sony controllers only lol. So best of both worlds: I still get the games I want to play and can use an Xbox controller to do so.

Poopees is back
thereturnofthelivingdead-cover.jpg

Poopees is back with some music bundles and two craptastic game bundles.
They didn't get the memo about the Kyle Rittenhouse game (Acquitted) lol. It's the same game that got pulled from a Fanatical bundle due to controversy. Funny since no other bundle site wanted to be associated with it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Still up at a handful of other stores if you never got it from whatever Humble Choice bundle it was in a year or two ago. WinGameStore has it cheapest at $2.49, GMG and Fanatical also have it.
Good to know.

Looks like I own this. Maybe I got this from Humble or Fanatical? [shrug]

happy new years, morans. my goty that aren't named poe or diablo 3 are ghost of tsushima for console and vampire survivors and spoderman remastered for pc.

112 Operator - 9BJDC-30R3G-HIP37
Amnesia: Rebirth - NLIWA-F8DQL-7AMV0
Amnesia: The Dark Descent + Amnesia: A Machine for Pigs - LE75Q-03IPW-8KLAW
Book of Demons - IH9XA-PBPL4-DZQM4
The Bridge - MWDII-4AFXV-8G0Q7

Had trouble redeeming at first (got logged out 3 times lol) but was able to get all the Amnesia and Book of Demons. Thank You Shrinerr! Hope everyone is having a great holiday season so far. What’s y’all plans for the new year? One of mine is maybe upgrading my 1yr old PC already. I should’ve done more research on the graphics power of the 3060. I made a rookie mistake haha

My Games of the Year:

Backlogged Game of the Year (played in 2022, but released in 2021 or before)  - RDR2.

2022 GOTY (released in 2022) - APT: Requiem.

My Games of the Year:

Backlogged Game of the Year (played in 2022, but released in 2021 or before) - RDR2.
2022 GOTY (released in 2022) - APT: Requiem.
RDR2 is one of my favorite games of all time. It was a more difficult game to get into than I initially expected from a controls perspective but once I got into it, oh man I was hooked so hard. The story is just so damn good and the world is so engrossing I couldn't put it down. Glad to hear you enjoyed it!

I still have to get to Plague Tale 2. Was planning to play it this year but that didn't pan out so that'll be one of my backlog games for next year

Hope everyone is having a great holiday season so far. What’s y’all plans for the new year?
My plan is to say I want to buy a new video card but then look at the prices and not buy a new video card and say I'll just buy a console instead but then I won't do that either so I'll just keep what I have and tell myself this was the plan all along.

I also need to finally start renovating this spare bedroom that I've been putting off for the last six years.

------

And my own personal top-3 for the year:

1. Signalis

2. Tunic

3. Not For Broadcast

Honestly maybe I'm just older, but I don't think I played anything this year that just blew my mind or anything like that. It was all very good to absolute trash. I don't even think my top games this year are super special, but they took up the most amount of my time.

1. Picross S2 (Finished this year although not from this year)

2. Vampire Survivors (Was addicted and have now bought DLC, but it got repetitive. Still a decent play)

3. Elden Ring (Souls games are better in zones than open world IMHO. Still was fun and I need to beat it stopping about 70% through the game for a break in March....)

4. A million VNs that I finished like 3/4 of the routes on and became bored because the story was getting old. Just a lot of average here such as Yuzusoft games, some random nukiges, and a bunch of moeges I couldn't remember if I had a gun to my head.

5. A lot of demos that helped my wish list and gave my not as able to focus mind a bunch of entertainment good and bad.

I’m not sure I’ve played a single game released in the past two years. Unless it’s a remaster/port/remake of something I have played, anyway.

I’m not sure I’ve played a single game released in the past two years. Unless it’s a remaster/port/remake of something I have played, anyway.
I just installed steam for the first time in probably a decade. I got a popup for 2022 year in review. Clicked it and it says "you haven't played any games this year". Well no crap!

Shadow tactics akio damn I need a steam deck. Then again I should play that on ps4 anyways. I wish these games were linked to PlayStation. By the way why these stores let you sign in with other store sign in?

My favorite game of 2022 was Sol Cresta. I was a huge fan of the classic arcade game Moon Cresta back in the 1980's. Sol Cresta combines elements of the entire series into a modern SHMUP very nicely in my opinion. The sound track is also awesome due to the fact it was composed by the legendary game composer Yuzo Koshira. 

Played the game on all available platforms (bummed out it is not available on XBox). I can only beat the game on very easy difficulty. I just don't have the reflexes and hand eye coordination that I used to. I still enjoy booting it up now and then. The new DLC adds the old fighters to the game which adds to the nostalgia/fun. 

The games I enjoyed playing the most this year come down to Great Ace Attorney Chronicles and Hades.  Very different games so I'll just say co-favorites. 

Favorite '22 releases are technically Persona 5 Royal and Legend of Heroes: Trails from Zero.  But I had played these years ago.

Happy new year, cags.

Of the 20 games I've played this year only like 4 of them released this year, one I would never consider for GotY, another I haven't played enough, leaving just two but Way of the Hunter is flawed and seriously doesn't respect your time.

So Stray is my GotY but it's a hell of a game that's far more than the sum of its parts. I can't wait for it to br bundled so more of you can experience it. :)

Other games of note I played this year were Bloodstained: RotN, which I finshed after starting it previously but got lost on where to go, and it really is a classic of the Metroidvania genre and maybe the best modern take.

Also started Guardians of the Galaxy, which came out last year, and it's been great! I'm about 4 hours in and really enjoying both the story and the gameplay. My only complaint is some of the voice work. No, I'm not expecting the movie cast but Chris Cox has played Star-Lord in at least 4 games and 5 shows. I just don't think the voice is as good as it could be.

Of the 20 games I've played this year only like 4 of them released this year, one I would never consider for GotY, another I haven't played enough, leaving just two but Way of the Hunter is flawed and seriously doesn't respect your time.

So Stray is my GotY but it's a hell of a game that's far more than the sum of its parts. I can't wait for it to br bundled so more of you can experience it. :)

Other games of note I played this year were Bloodstained: RotN, which I finshed after starting it previously but got lost on where to go, and it really is a classic of the Metroidvania genre and maybe the best modern take.

Also started Guardians of the Galaxy, which came out last year, and it's been great! I'm about 4 hours in and really enjoying both the story and the gameplay. My only complaint is some of the voice work. No, I'm not expecting the movie cast but Chris Cox has played Star-Lord in at least 4 games and 5 shows. I just don't think the voice is as good as it could be.
Great post! To me it is all about what you enjoy as a gamer. I am more interested in what other gamers find interesting to play than what the game industry states we need to care about.

I have played Bloodstained RotN and the Guardians of the Galaxy game you mentioned and they are both great games in my opinion as well.

Another solid year of lurking these pages for the occasional deal, pizza & frequent chuckles.  When work leaves me a few minutes to play, I've been on a steady rotation of GTA V, RDR2, Sniper variants & the Hitman series.  Not sure if I actually finished anything this year and the backlog is still several thousand deep.  Keep it pithy and Happy New Year to you all.  Cheers!   :beer:

My favorite game of 2022 was Sol Cresta. I was a huge fan of the classic arcade game Moon Cresta back in the 1980's. Sol Cresta combines elements of the entire series into a modern SHMUP very nicely in my opinion. The sound track is also awesome due to the fact it was composed by the legendary game composer Yuzo Koshira.

Played the game on all available platforms (bummed out it is not available on XBox). I can only beat the game on very easy difficulty. I just don't have the reflexes and hand eye coordination that I used to. I still enjoy booting it up now and then. The new DLC adds the old fighters to the game which adds to the nostalgia/fun.
I really need to devote some time to this. I have it and it's been sitting there, gathering digital dust.

I will throw in some lesser known games into the hat for games of the year. I would highly recommend you all check out Circadian Dice and Zero Seivert. Both games look like garbage but are highly addictive in its gameplay. Circadian dice has a demo, check it out. Happy New Year to you all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RDR2 is one of my favorite games of all time. It was a more difficult game to get into than I initially expected from a controls perspective but once I got into it, oh man I was hooked so hard. The story is just so damn good and the world is so engrossing I couldn't put it down. Glad to hear you enjoyed it!

I still have to get to Plague Tale 2. Was planning to play it this year but that didn't pan out so that'll be one of my backlog games for next year
I got maybe 3 hours into RDR2 before just getting bored and feeling too familiar. I played RDR to exhaustion, including the DLC and getting a max level MP character for the donkey mount. That's my biggest issue with Rockstar games is that they have a formula that works, but once I've seen it in a game--I burn out from stagnation. The mind craves freshness.

Wow it feels weird... just bought my first steam game in probably last 10 years. Last game played was in 2014. 

First up for 2023 is command & conquer 4K remastered. Today's gaming world is so odd.... have to wait hours to play a game with 100GB download files, whereas I used to just pop my DVD in and wait a few minutes for installation. Oh I miss those days.

I got maybe 3 hours into RDR2 before just getting bored and feeling too familiar. I played RDR to exhaustion, including the DLC and getting a max level MP character for the donkey mount. That's my biggest issue with Rockstar games is that they have a formula that works, but once I've seen it in a game--I burn out from stagnation. The mind craves freshness.
The first three hours of RDR2 are easily the worst in the whole game. There should be an option to immediately skip to chapter 2.

I played Circadian Dice and I also recommend it as well. It gets extremely hard though and once I beat the game fully with like 2 classes I didn't want to play the game much. Still a good play. I'm very close to playing Slice & Dice on itch.io, but not fully committed.

Great find MysterD. It might also be a price mistake since the Standard version is $12 as well. Get it fast!
Anyone know if or how this would work on Steam deck. Feels like it'd be a great deck game but no idea how UbiConnect works or if this would play nicely

Anyone know if or how this would work on Steam deck. Feels like it'd be a great deck game but no idea how UbiConnect works or if this would play nicely
It's a third party launcher install. They're generally a pain in the rear, but usually only a one time pain (except when they update the launcher and we have to wait for updated proton/proton-ge). Also no shader cache downloads with non steam store games so you have to set the shader caching disable flag on startup with proton-ge to eliminate stuttering in most newer games.

I can explain more, but protondb probably has a better more thorough answer.

BTW I played an oldie but goodie Splinter Cell (the original) seeing if I maybe wanted to get some of the other ones cheap on PC (I have the Splinter Cell HD PS3 collection somewhere in some box in some storage haha). It controls relatively well for PC standards (I believe the PC was actually an original home of the game, so it was made for the keyboard controls) and looked decent with the widescreen fix. I beat one mission and it wasn't easy. I played a few missions of the original ages ago, and honestly it's still very fun albeit a little clunky. The controls are pretty solid, but the stealth detection is not as fair. I would get sighted very often even when I'm creeping around slowly. Still very decent and it was a fun first mission I beat, but I'll just wait till I find that one whenever I clean out my storage boxes. Made me realize I'm not really a stealthy gamer anymore although I did enjoy the Thief games (1-3). Just some thoughts is all.

I played the first one on PC around when it came out. I hate stealthy games in general, but I actually had no issues with Splinter Cell. I remember getting stuck at one point that I had to look up (involved a van and a street light or something). I've thought about buying it since I don't think I played the sequels, but figured I'd let it stay a pleasant memory.

Man, Splinter Cell games rock. OG Splinter Cell on PC was really good and Pandora Tomorrow is underrated too. Though, for me - Chaos Theory is where it's at; the best of the SC games. BlackList was also really good too. I liked Conviction, but was disappointed w/ it...since you can't really move or hide bodies. Double Agent was also disappointing, too - but I still liked it, for the most part.

Also, old Hitman games (Hitman 2 SA, Contracts & especially Blood Money) were great too. 

EDIT:

A lot of these old games can be a pain to get running on Modern OS's. So, check PC Gaming Wiki, Steam Guides, etc.

Also, PT is a real pain, so check these ones out for Steam Guides:

- https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=631327598&searchtext=pandora

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1361585370&searchtext=pandora

Also, if need be: to force better res's and whatnot if high res' mods ain't there, UI mods weren't made, and also anything else to make UI look better - stick w/ a res' the game supported well w/ a decent size UI on your monitor and then w/ DGVoodoo2 in that app's settings you can force it to a higher rez' and if you got a nice GPU then just MSAA the crap out of it (so you can keep the game's graphics and especially the UI sharper & readable).

EDIT 2:

Also, anyone w/ thoughts on old-school Ghost Recon, Desert Thunder exp., and Island Thunder exp. on Steam? I have GR base-game on Uplay - but not the expansions anywhere.

And any thoughts on Rainbow Six 3: Gold Edition? R6: Lockdown? I got all of that stuff backlogged. I loved R6: Vegas 1 and 2, back in the day.

The first three hours of RDR2 are easily the worst in the whole game. There should be an option to immediately skip to chapter 2.
Yeah, absolutely. The game isn't even open world until then. I get it when someone says they're tired of a studio's gameplay formula, but RDR2 is so packed with diverse activities and missions, that the underlying mechanics should be the last thing you notice. The story is incredible, but that world, man, there's so much going on that people are still finding little details.

Made me realize I'm not really a stealthy gamer anymore although I did enjoy the Thief games (1-3). Just some thoughts is all.
I have a love/hate with stealth games. If they get too tedious and unforgiving I lose interest. I like stealth games that give you options to change it up a bit. Since it's free on Epic right now, I'll mention Dishonored. I just finished that and all the DLC a few weeks ago and I love the fact that you can do a complete stealth playthrough or you can be a totally chaotic murder machine -- and it rewards both.

Dishonored Definitive is awesome. Hope everybody grabbed that from Epic since it's DRM-FREE there and also got Dishonored 2: GOG key (DRM-Free there too!) from Amazon.

Today's gaming world is so odd.... have to wait hours to play a game with 100GB download files, whereas I used to just pop my DVD in and wait a few minutes for installation. Oh I miss those days.
Feels the opposite to me. With fast internet, I can download 100GB pretty quickly but installing from optical media onto a HDD was something to let run while making lunch. Unless you mean having to play off of an optical drive each time, in which case: eww, no.

Hmm, biggest drop of the holiday season? Marvel's Dating Sim er Midnight Suns is down to $40 on Steam till the 16th. $35 on GMG. $60 for the legendary edition with all the skins. The game came out Dec. 1st..

bread's done
Back