Steam Deals Thread V13 ~ Star Wars Empire at War $6.80 | The Legend of Korra $10.04 | Red Faction Guerrilla $2.99 |

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrNinjaSquirrel

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
Summer sale has come and gone; welcome to the Steam Deals Thread V13!

Stop: Before you go any further be sure you are using Enhanced Steam. It will save you a lot of time and embarrassment in the future.

Daily Deal
Star Wars: Empire at War Gold Edition - $19.99 $6.80

Yesterday's Deal

N/A

Midweek Madness
The Legend of Korra - $14.99 $10.04

Red Faction - $9.99 $1.49
Red Faction II - $9.99 $1.49
Red Faction Armageddon - $19.99 $2.99
Red Faction Guerrilla - $19.99 $2.99 

Thanks to EastX, Detruire, Psydero, and everyone else that has contributed to the thread!

Last edited by a moderator:
how do u get that? I also interested in getting a copy of Van Helsing
Actually it was meant to be only for newsletter subscribers of GG, but some people claimed they got it without being subscribed. Others didn't never recieved this or the previous 20% off coupon they offered weeks ago in middle of their summer sale.

Can you guys and MysterD take the Gothic dissertations to a wiki?
I just wish I had all all this info before I picked up G3's expansion way back when at a big lots sale. It said stand alone though and looked like a decent rpg for 3 bucks at the time. Never did get around to it. I've since goged 1&2 and amazoned the 3rd never got around to any.

I guess Gothic is not RPG for you, Motoki
I thought the first one was mysoginistic (but that's PB) and crude. I liked the second one overall after they patched the hell out of it but thought the combat was stiff and wonky (but that's PB). I never felt compelled to play the 3rd one. None of them have aged particularly well.

I don't need to write War and Peace about it 8 times over. If someone wants to read long detailed analysis there's this new thing called Google.

so by skipping gothic 3 and its expansion (it stated enhanced edition, so does it mean that they fix all issues?), do i miss any important story line? thanks
<About EE versions of G3 + Forsaken Gods...>

Enhanced Editions of the Gothic 3 base-game + Forsaken Gods stand-alone expansion contain:

the game + most recent official patch + some version of Community Patch.

I don't know what version of the Com Patches ship w/ it, if you buy it now from Steam...or anywhere else, for that matter.

You would have to check what version is Com Patch that ships w/ the version of the game that you buy; and if there's a newer version of the Com Patch out.

<About story-stuff for Gothic series - NO Spoilers>

IMHO - A lot of the important story-line stuff was handled in G1+2. There's some story-stuff in G3, but I never finished it; and never began FG. In G3 base-game, you spent A LOT more time trying to grind your way through building your rep' in areas, instead of dealing w/ story-line stuff. So, I can't speak too much on that stuff.

AFAIK:

Gothic 3 [base-game] = Com Patch 1.74 was the last one.

Gothic 3: Forsaken Gods (stand-alone expansion) = Com Patch 2.01 was the last one.

Someone in this thread once said that the Gothic games are like the Ultima games.  So I bought them.  And haven't played them.

Actually it was meant to be only for newsletter subscribers of GG, but some people claimed they got it without being subscribed. Others didn't never recieved this or the previous 20% off coupon they offered weeks ago in middle of their summer sale.
damn..that hot stuff.. so is it only 20% off 1 item or can it be multple copies of game

I've been playing Battleblock Theater in Arena Mode (muckle) 2v2 with some friends. I don't know how they do it, but is awesome!. We played for about 3 hours straight and were laughing to tears. Can't remember who said it was bored in arena mode, maybe 1v1, but 2v2 is incredible fun. You need to have some cool weapons unlocked (the fireball is a must!), but that is an easy task.

Daily Deal
Might & Magic Heroes Franchise Pack - $99.99 $24.99 [customspoiler=Includes][/customspoiler][*]Might & Magic X Legacy - $24.99 $12.49
[*]Might & Magic: Clash of Heroes - $9.99 $5.99 [customspoiler=DLC][/customspoiler][*]Might & Magic: Heroes VI - $29.99 $7.49 [customspoiler=DLC][/customspoiler][/customspoiler]

If someone wants to read long detailed analysis there's this new thing called Google.
I don't really see why people can't discuss it here. I know we often just talk about nonsense and post stupid pictures, but this is still supposed to be a thread to discuss the games on sale.

Some better use of spoilers would be nice though, my scroll bar doesn't enjoy all the abuse.

I don't really see why people can't discuss it here. I know we often just talk about nonsense and post stupid pictures, but this is still supposed to be a thread to discuss the games on sale.

Some better use of spoilers would be nice though, my scroll bar doesn't enjoy all the abuse.
To a point but when MysterD already has 3 long ass posts about it without spoiler tags and then someone else asks him another question about it to the point where I start to wonder if they are troll baiting for the lulz it gets old.

You want me to spoiler tag it all to make it easier on y'all, then consider it done.

I'm fine w/ that.

Just...give me a few moments to do so, okay?

To a point but when MysterD already has 3 long ass posts about it without spoiler tags and then someone else asks him another question about it to the point where I start to wonder if they are troll baiting for the lulz it gets old.
Fair enough, I just don't want this thread to completely spiral into nothing but off topic randomness (if it hasn't already), so seeing actual game discussion is something I like to see even if I don't care about the actual game.

I think the moral of this story is don't be a Bobby; learn to use spoiler tags.

Nah, don't use spoilers. If you do that then I might not read it thinking it's a spoiler rather than not reading it intentionally.

Anyone buying Borderlands Pre-sequel at launch? I'm probably going to cancel my pre-order. October is packed, already got Shadow of Mordor and Assassin's Creed coming out then and I've played so much damn Borderlands 2 already...

Anyone buying Borderlands Pre-sequel at launch? I'm probably going to cancel my pre-order. October is packed, already got Shadow of Mordor and Assassin's Creed coming out then and I've played so much damn Borderlands 2 already...
If someplace has some fancy in-game pre-order bonuses, I may FakeCAGit.

Anyone buying Borderlands Pre-sequel at launch?
Not me.

I'm probably going to cancel my pre-order...

<snip>

and I've played so much damn Borderlands 2 already...
See, that's the thing - so much BL content out there already. I don't have any of the Season Pass stuff from BL2. So, I think I might finally get around to that, once BL: The Pre-sequel drops - hopefully, there'll be some killer sales on BL2 stuff, once that BL: Pre-Sequel rides around into town.

If there's anything I might actually want ASAP (which I normally try to avoid doing) - Dragon Age: Inquisition might be the one.

For me - I been wanting another Dragon Age game...for quite a while.

Plus, DA:I is releasing in my B-Day month - in October.

October is packed, already got Shadow of Mordor and Assassin's Creed coming out then and I've played so much damn Borderlands 2 already...
I know you love AC and all - but, I still need to find an amazing deal on AC4.

Maybe that'll come around, when AC: Unity takes a leap of faith into town.

Inb4 SSE brags about being a great CAG for getting Shadows of Mordor and Assassins Creed not5 on release day from Russians for $35.

[quote name="Motoki" post="11897011" timestamp="1404588938"]Inb4 SSE brags about being a great CAG for getting Shadows of Mordor and Assassins Creed not5 on release day from Russians for $35.[/quote]
I preordered physical copies at BestBuy! Mordor $35 AC $43 but you gotta add 13% tax, will probably cancel both. I got them as backups.

Hey MysterD You once asked on the GOG forum if it was possible to copy a GOG installed version of Two Worlds II to the Steam versions install folder to get around the DRM issues. I just bought it on GOG and will try just that once it finishes downloading. Stay tuned for the results.

Edit: officially a miserable failure. Trying to launch with Steam gives me the error that it's not installed properly. Oh well now I have a proper non draconian non DRM riddled copy of Two Worlds II I can just use that one and not have to bother using the Steam version.

Last edited:
I preordered physical copies at BestBuy! Mordor $35 AC $43 but you gotta add 13% tax, will probably cancel both. I got them as backups.
1179.gif

You only knocked up a high school girl once (to my knowledge) and that became a thing.
She was taking time off from college at the time, but sure, wynaut? :wall:

When you have a night planned to play a game with friends, don't Bobby it!
I won't if it's not held at 2 a.m. next time!

Nobody wants to be friends with a cheater spoder.
Oh, so Spodes is the official cheater now? I can get behind that. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back