Steam Deals Thread V13 ~ Star Wars Empire at War $6.80 | The Legend of Korra $10.04 | Red Faction Guerrilla $2.99 |

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrNinjaSquirrel

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
Summer sale has come and gone; welcome to the Steam Deals Thread V13!

Stop: Before you go any further be sure you are using Enhanced Steam. It will save you a lot of time and embarrassment in the future.

Daily Deal
Star Wars: Empire at War Gold Edition - $19.99 $6.80

Yesterday's Deal

N/A

Midweek Madness
The Legend of Korra - $14.99 $10.04

Red Faction - $9.99 $1.49
Red Faction II - $9.99 $1.49
Red Faction Armageddon - $19.99 $2.99
Red Faction Guerrilla - $19.99 $2.99 

Thanks to EastX, Detruire, Psydero, and everyone else that has contributed to the thread!

Last edited by a moderator:
Apollo Bundle is launched.

Indie Royale...I see what you did there.
scarygroundhogintensestareintocamera-1.gif

Well, I decided to change my CAG name from Deuterium7 to Motiv (my Steam name). Nobody could pronounce or spell deuterium anyway. In before saying who the hell was Deuterium? ;)
Captain Janeway worried about you constantly.

Edited - OMG who is that freaky stranger liking my posts?!!!

everybody should have the same steam/cag name. i hate having friends on cag who are also on my steam list and having no idea who they are on steam
Agreed. Removing the hedge of confusion and simplifying works wonders.

What? Are these people not fans of Fusion?

An isotope of hydrogen, duh...
I know right? One would like to think so.

Deuterium also just so happened to have a key role in setting the number and ratios of the elements that were formed in the Big Bang. Just saying.

everybody should have the same steam/cag name. i hate having friends on cag who are also on my steam list and having no idea who they are on steam
Use the "add nickname" function on Steam, it shows whatever nickname you set in parentheses next to their Steam name.

And told me to go through all my retail keys, get a list together, and come back some time! LOL!

Best support ever from EA.
It's a pity that there don't seem to be Origin versions of any of the old EA games that I own on disc (such as SimCity 3000 and SimCoaster.)

I tried everything I could to register my Rome:Total War CD key on steam, but it wouldn't work.  I tried capitalizing everything, I tried the "is that a zero or an O thing".  I tried removing all the dashes and various combinations together.  No luck.

Might anybody who successfully registered a cd version tell me the hoops they had to jump through to get it to register?  (if any)

Well, I decided to change my CAG name from Deuterium7 to Motiv (my Steam name). Nobody could pronounce or spell deuterium anyway. In before saying who the hell was Deuterium? ;)
In my mind I had you and Detruire merged together as the same person. Speaking of which.

*Edit: Dagnammit! Ninjaed by zenii.

It's a pity that there don't seem to be Origin versions of any of the old EA games that I own on disc (such as SimCity 3000 and SimCoaster.)
I noticed they recently added some really old stuff like the Ultima games to Origin so who knows Sim games might get added someday too.

I wonder if someone has a boxed copy of Ultima I from 1981 they can get added to Origin. :p

Ain't that DLC built for end-game content anyways?
It's the 'sandbox' mode that gets progressively harder as you advance. Right now I'm on level 16 or so. Apparently it goes all the way up to 99. The thing is once you figure out what to do there's little deviation and not that much challenge.

Having an avatar is pointless. What does it matter if some people have some video game character or television character or ugly person as their avatar? How do you "identify" them with that?
For one thing it helps identify console weeaboos.

In my last avatar's mind she's been 100 different people.
So this is actually perfect for me. Edit: Oh good God no! I don't have the stomach to do that.

I don't see how you stood having that avatar.

Last edited:
Or at least very similar names. Like my name on CAG is Klawd, while my name on steam is Claude. Both pronounced the same, just on cag I use a spelling variations that my friends came up with to be humorous. If people cannot tell that Claude and Klawd, both with the same avatar on steam and CAG, are the same person then maybe I shouldn't be friends with someone that dense anyway lol.

My cag sn is actually the result of a typo and checking the leave me logged in box. By the time I got logged out and noticing the typo I already had 10 trades under my feedback and didn't feel like starting over.

I noticed they recently added some really old stuff like the Ultima games to Origin so who knows Sim games might get added someday too.

I wonder if someone has a boxed copy of Ultima I from 1981 they can get added to Origin. :p
Not a chance. They're happy charging three times what GOG does per Ultima game. :p

I wonder if we can get Origin games added for our GOG purchases, though...

Captain Janeway worried about you constantly.

Edited - OMG who is that freaky stranger liking my posts?!!!
lol

"With their deuterium supplies dwindling, Captain Janeway orders the crew of Voyager to reduce power consumption to minimal levels, traveling at impulse power and confining the crew to a few decks. The crew detects signs of deuterium on a nearby planet, but it is quickly identified as a "demon"-class planet, hostile to living creatures due to its high surface temperature and toxic atmosphere."

I'm guessing they made out okay in the end.

OOH so you're Motiv on steam...sometimes i look at my friends list and im like who the fuck are these people
Yeah, I apologize. I probably fell into the "Who the fuck is that? Why did I friend this person? I should really be more careful who I friend while drinking" category for most people.

Welcome to CAG Motiv, we're always very welcoming to new members n shit
Thanks MinDRiot! I've heard this place is great for... well... game discussions and um... witty and playful sarcastic banter. ;)

u shoulda changed ur name to Joel from last of us. I love dat game!
I see what you did there. How's that working our for you?

Then you say, "what?"

Then I say, [customspoiler=""being clever.""]
Hows-that-working-out-for-you-Fight-Club.jpg

[/customspoiler]

Why can I not stop playing State of Derpcay: Breakderp?
Because it actually might be a pretty derptastic game?

I have a nice complete boxed copy of Ultima VI... I guess I can try to convince them my cloth map is a PC key.

I know people by there avatars.

Therefore, those without avatars are not people.
I have to admit I use avatars as a point of reference. It's a lot easier to remember a picture than a name that might very well be gibberish. Oh yeah, and it messes me up when people do things like replace letters with numbers... I'm very literal.

For me the confusion was between you and Detruire. For the longest time I thought you guys were the same person.
In my mind I had you and Detruire merged together as the same person. Speaking of which.

*Edit: Dagnammit! Ninjaed by zenii.
Yes, that was actually another reason for the change. Like Doctor Who, [customspoiler="Similar but different"]
two_doctors.jpg
[/customspoiler]

Can I have Restaurant Empire II?
Hello, I would like To The Moon.
Done and done.

Still open for all:

oIor4DZ.jpg
JVc6M2x.jpg
Mw5z4rv.jpg
jp7tbmi.jpg
Rz8SZBI.jpg
TPSihlo.jpg
cdlMBOk.jpg

New donor only list:

7HtjVFk.jpg
dKlVQGO.jpg
EoMYlVJ.jpg
1l8PA7x.jpg
oSNHAdg.jpg
Q7r0A2M.jpg

Kami is pretty great. No personal experience with any of the others.

And going to do an auction for this one:

mmJ0fUA.jpg

Will get the bidding started myself at two bucks. Will check back in an hour or so. Bids in 50 cent increments.
X5sW1Aq.jpg

Curious where to donate to get on the donor list? Right over here at my Extra Life page! All proceeds go to Seattle Children's Hospital!

Didn't see it mentioned (even searched) but I think Steam's been updated to remove stuff from your wishlist even when activated by key/link. Think the last time I did a WL purge was before the summer seal; don't have any loose keys with which to test this theory. Next non-lurker-scumbag who activates a drop could.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back