Steam Deals Thread V13 ~ Star Wars Empire at War $6.80 | The Legend of Korra $10.04 | Red Faction Guerrilla $2.99 |

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrNinjaSquirrel

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
Summer sale has come and gone; welcome to the Steam Deals Thread V13!

Stop: Before you go any further be sure you are using Enhanced Steam. It will save you a lot of time and embarrassment in the future.

Daily Deal
Star Wars: Empire at War Gold Edition - $19.99 $6.80

Yesterday's Deal

N/A

Midweek Madness
The Legend of Korra - $14.99 $10.04

Red Faction - $9.99 $1.49
Red Faction II - $9.99 $1.49
Red Faction Armageddon - $19.99 $2.99
Red Faction Guerrilla - $19.99 $2.99 

Thanks to EastX, Detruire, Psydero, and everyone else that has contributed to the thread!

Last edited by a moderator:
Still open for all:

T99mDYY.jpg
I'll take this if no one else has.

Thanks thats good if i want to use my old controllers, but im looking for an actual new one i can try to use. I only have a couple originals that are still in decent shape. Less wear and tear on them the better i would say

Are retro-bit and Gtron the way to go? With Retro-bit being the better of the two? The bit of searching ive seen seems to indicate that. None are as agood as the originals obviously but those seem to be half decent at least

eyeballing these

http://www.amazon.com/Classic-Controller-Nintendo-Not-Machine-Specific/dp/B001VDY808/ref=sr_1_20?ie=UTF8&qid=1404966685&sr=8-20&keywords=retrobit+controller

http://www.amazon.com/Gtron-Retro-Super-Classic-Controller-Linux/dp/B00FFL7WRS/ref=sr_1_8?ie=UTF8&qid=1404966765&sr=8-8&keywords=pc+usb+controller

anyone used either one? Theres also a 2nd version of the g-tron one for some reason. dont know the difference

http://www.amazon.com/Classic-USB-Super-Nintendo-Controller-PC/dp/B002JAU20W/ref=sr_1_15?ie=UTF8&qid=1405021927&sr=8-15&keywords=pc+usb+controller

*edit*

LOL! wow.. like 4 pages of talk about Hatoful Boyfriend... really? I did watch a lets play for valentines of it though and it looked hilarious.

ah here it is

http://blip.tv/videogamesawesome/hatoful-boyfriend-is-awesome-6531943

Thanks thats good if i want to use my old controllers, but im looking for an actual new one i can try to use. I only have a couple originals that are still in decent shape. Less wear and tear on them the better i would say
I have a Retrolink, it serves me well. However, the A button clicks, and can be annoying. Very easy to set up and use on PC though

Okay, I just bothered EA support - and got my copy of Sims 2 added.

They gave me a key for Sims 2 Double Deluxe.

I didn't own that - I only had Sims 2: Deluxe (with just Sims 2 + Nightlife).

Nice!

And, well - that was just the start of things...

<snip>

He also gave me a 15% off coupon.

And told me to go through all my retail keys, get a list together, and come back some time! LOL!

Best support ever from EA.
Just had essentially the same experience. It was surreal. Took about an hour to get the guy on chat, but he was very friendly & easy to work with. When done with the keys I asked about a DEEP discount on BF4 Premium. He said that should be showing up "soon". EA must be feeding them happy pills or something while they ride out the storms over there.

Didn't see it mentioned (even searched) but I think Steam's been updated to remove stuff from your wishlist even when activated by key/link. Think the last time I did a WL purge was before the summer seal; don't have any loose keys with which to test this theory. Next non-lurker-scumbag who activates a drop could.
I can confirm as of about five hours ago that you still have to manually remove wishlisted items that have since been added to your account via Steam key.

Having an avatar is pointless. What does it matter if some people have some video game character or television character or ugly person as their avatar? How do you "identify" them with that?
If your avatar is a picture of yourself, that's a pretty straightforward jumping off point for identification...

I can confirm as of about five hours ago that you still have to manually remove wishlisted items that have since been added to your account via Steam key.
What skitty said, but thanks for the confirmation. Maybe it's just the linked activations (Humble, Gala, Groupees) that do it, which would make sense.

Well, I decided to change my CAG name from Deuterium7 to Motiv (my Steam name). Nobody could pronounce or spell deuterium anyway. In before saying who the hell was Deuterium? ;)
Why not Hydrogen7?

What? Are these people not fans of Fusion?

An isotope of hydrogen, duh...
lol, had the same thought when I read his post on the name change.

We're

nerds.jpg

By the way, you can thank MrNinjaSquirrel for suggesting the name change. Good call MNS.
well damn, think I'll change mine to AmazonJosh, think of the fun I could have.

yeah fuck that asshole!
so essentially, you're saying "go fuck yourself"

so are you about to burn down this thread?

oh and just because

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w-0TEJMJOhk

Enhanced Steam or do it the hard way.
Enhanced Steam gives a handy button to remove any and all such items from your wishlist, but alas, pressing a button is still doing it manually. It remains one of the many things Enhanced Steam adds that should be native to the Steam service and client.

I would be willing to believe the suggestion that Steam's figured out to do it for remotely-activated games.

Ah I love the Yankovic videos. I wasn't too much of a fan of the Tacky song but the other ones so far have been good. I can't wait for the rest.

Is anyone else having trouble registering Sky Nations?  The site keeps telling me my key is incorrect or has already been used.

Shot an email to support.

UPDATE: Got a response.  Looks like IR/Desura adds an extra series of characters to the end.  If you have the same issue, try omitting what's after the last hyphen.  It did the trick.

As I was looking for this in my key list, I was saying, "Kami... Kami... Kami..." Which of course sounded like "Commie... Commie... Commie..." to all the people in this Library for the Blind.
and for anyone who thinks they're a bad ass at Call of Duty, think again

[customspoiler='this guy puts your kill ratio to shame']
stalin_kdr.jpg
[/customspoiler]

Years ago at Comic-Con, one of the panels was handing out swag bags with Revenge of the Nerds plastered on it. And I thought,"No...no, I don't want that, thank you."

Obviously, that remake never happened, thank Moobus. And hopefully, it never will.
The only Revenge of the Nerds movie that should ever be made should have the original cast come back and an amazing script to go with it.

everybody should have the same steam/cag name. i hate having friends on cag who are also on my steam list and having no idea who they are on steam
Mysterd need name change Mysterd "The Toaster" then ehhe but some of us name change alot espically the myth the legend tebow hegeh

That's okay because Gender Bender DNA Twister Extreme [customspoiler=has got you covered]
01obpdM.png
[/customspoiler]
$20,000 art right there.

You're doing it wrong. Pigeon sim you should have got in that Groupees bundle. Magic always get last year's model when it goes on sale before the new model comes out.
I bought 3 of that bundle and didn't put Hatoful in any of them. Not sure what happened there.

Well, I decided to change my CAG name from Deuterium7 to Motiv (my Steam name). Nobody could pronounce or spell deuterium anyway. In before saying who the hell was Deuterium? ;)
I approve.

Having an avatar is pointless. What does it matter if some people have some video game character or television character or ugly person as their avatar? How do you "identify" them with that?
You are whatever your avatar is, so you're Riku and Sora sharing a computer I guess. Not to mention you're KH1 Riku and Sora, so that must be an awful little whiny bitchfest between you two going on.

My cag sn is actually the result of a typo and checking the leave me logged in box. By the time I got logged out and noticing the typo I already had 10 trades under my feedback and didn't feel like starting over.
Idiotekque = Idioteque (a Radiohead song), but Idioteque was taken when I first used the name elsewhere, and the k was added and stuck.

It's the 'sandbox' mode that gets progressively harder as you advance. Right now I'm on level 16 or so. Apparently it goes all the way up to 99. The thing is once you figure out what to do there's little deviation and not that much challenge.
I have that DLC (and base-game too, obviously) - but ain't touched it.

Oh, so it gets harder as you go along - sweet. :D

Anyone think there will be a large quakecon pack this weekend?
The appropriate question is does anyone think any ZeniMax products will be discounted enough to warrant a purchase consideration[customspoiler=?]

The answer is No.[/customspoiler]

You're crazy if you don't jump on this huge 25% off sale at GMG. 75% off wolfenstein and doom 3 is there as well in case you didn't throw all of your money at those deals.
Amazon is having the same crappy 25% off sale.

I don't quite understand what's going on with Bethesda/Zenimax and their sale pricing, but I still blame Elder Scrolls Online.

In other news, I found myself asking for a Scooby Doo game while playing Slender: Scooby Doo Edition White Noise Online the other day.

This is not what I had in mind.

It looks terrible, which makes sense seeing as it's a port of a 3DS game. I'm just amazed it saw a PC release at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back