Steam Deals Thread V13 ~ Star Wars Empire at War $6.80 | The Legend of Korra $10.04 | Red Faction Guerrilla $2.99 |

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrNinjaSquirrel

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
Summer sale has come and gone; welcome to the Steam Deals Thread V13!

Stop: Before you go any further be sure you are using Enhanced Steam. It will save you a lot of time and embarrassment in the future.

Daily Deal
Star Wars: Empire at War Gold Edition - $19.99 $6.80

Yesterday's Deal

N/A

Midweek Madness
The Legend of Korra - $14.99 $10.04

Red Faction - $9.99 $1.49
Red Faction II - $9.99 $1.49
Red Faction Armageddon - $19.99 $2.99
Red Faction Guerrilla - $19.99 $2.99 

Thanks to EastX, Detruire, Psydero, and everyone else that has contributed to the thread!

Last edited by a moderator:
Magicians & Looters is on Steam later today, it was in Groupees Greenlight 5 and they have Steam keys.

Suguri Collection is also out today, it was in Groupees Doujin 2. I don't know if they'll give keys but no cards to sell so who even cares never mind

New contest time!

Since the new Humble is supposedly 30 minutes away, I had an idea for a contest.

How To Enter:

Submit (by PM only) a guess of 3 games you think will be in the Humble Bundle (not second week additions) today.

The 2 people with the most correct games in their guess will win $1 each. In the event of a tie, the winners will be decided at random from the tied contestants.

However, if one or both winners manage to have all 3 of their games be correct, they will win $2 each. If there is more than 2 people with perfect guesses, the two winners will then be decided at random from those with perfect guesses.

Good luck! Entries must be sent by 1:58 p.m. EDT

If for some reason there's no Humble today, I'll hold a new contest later today.

Ugh, the last thing we need is more Dead Island 1. The first DLC was garbage, and then Riptide was awful too. I couldn't play more than a couple of hours. Now they're milking an entire third game out of it? Boo!

That actually looks fairly interesting to me. I like the art style.
Yeah... it gets a lot worse in motion, though, which I suppose will be quite a big chunk of the game...

The only brutal part is the wait for an update that includes only a handful of pages. The animated gifs people make of the action sequences is beautiful.
And let's not even talk about custom fan videos, which make the wait for an animated adaptation more painful to endure...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l8XR3pxVzeI

He'd have spent more money doing that, minimum purchase is 5 coins for $5.. lol.

Bad Blade, misleading seasonal CAGs.
Hardly seasonal - I just don't post as often as most of you. Thanks for lookin' out though, re: the Starseed info.

He'd have spent more money doing that, minimum purchase is 5 coins for $5.. lol.

He'd have to sell off a game to get a decent deal for it on 99g.

Bad Blade, misleading seasonal CAGs.
Well, he could also get it for free by listing a spare Steam key, selling it for 1 coin, then using the coin to buy the game. ;)

I've sold 150 Steam keys on the site, it's not hard...

*cough*http://99gamers.com/invite/Blade

Man I want age of mythology but I do not want to spend $17.99 on it. Has it ever dropped to sub $10?
Don't think it has*, but it also came out fairly recently. I'd imagine if we just give it time it'll break $10 sooner than later. (See Age of Empires 2 HD, for example)

* (Confirmed, at least according to Enhanced Steam)

Well, he could also get it for free by listing a spare Steam key, selling it for 1 coin, then using the coin to buy the game. ;)

I've sold 150 Steam keys on the site, it's not hard...

*cough*http://99gamers.com/invite/Blade
That's why I said he'd have to sell a game to get a decent deal on the game he wants. $1 is misleading because it does take time to sell crap on there without buying 5 coins for $5. There are good deals to be had, but I don't know if he'd want to wait a few days for something to sell just so he can buy the game. Plus, he may not have anything to sell.

Sometimes it takes weeks to sell anything on 99g, depending on how crappy the game is you're selling.

Today I celebrate my first foil card ever!

0dLh3eq.jpg

C'mon, there has to be somebody that is in dire need of this one to finally craft his Dungeon of Elements' foil badge, right? Right? Riiiiight? :baby:
I just got my first Foil card over the weekend myself. I think I win though, right?

Rah4ptG.png

Right?

I just got my first Foil card over the weekend myself. I think I win though, right?

Rah4ptG.png

Right?
Interesting, my first foil was also for McPixel, but it was a different card. Still sold for more than I paid for the entire bundle, so a win.

I just looked at SteamDB for updated titles. Apparently they're just updating everything with region locks.
Tsk tsk, Steam. You're going to completely dismantle the entire Russian economy with this move.

In all seriousness, will this retroactively impact games already added to a library? Kinda figured it was just a matter of time before Steam did something, so I haven't bought too many games from other regions, but I do have a few.

Uh.. what region locks. I don't see anything.
Me neither.
XCOM Enemy Unknown RU Locked

Sniper Elite 3 (RU+CIS)

Age of Mythology EX RU/CIS

War of the Vikings - Base Game (RU/CIS)

Borderlands 2:Headhunter 5: Son of Crawmerax (RU/CIS)

Anything tagged with those shows "onlyallowrunincountries: RU AM AZ BY GE KZ KG MD RU TJ TM UZ UA." Region lock.

Thanks Madjoki. Does this mean we have till 25th to play or do we need to reedem the key before that date?
Considering the page says it's for alpha/beta access, I'd assume you have until the 25th to play before the beta is removed.
It's barely an alpha/beta. It will take you fifteen minutes to complete, provided you get up and make a cup of tea in the middle of playing.

I didn't receive any notification when they removed an exploited CIM2 key (that I won on SteamGifts) from my account.
Yeah, I've had plenty of betas expire and never received a message like that. The developers must have revoked the betas on Madjoki's game in an unusual way.

XCOM Enemy Unknown RU Locked

Sniper Elite 3 (RU+CIS)

Age of Mythology EX RU/CIS

War of the Vikings - Base Game (RU/CIS)

Borderlands 2:Headhunter 5: Son of Crawmerax (RU/CIS)

Anything tagged with those shows "onlyallowrunincountries: RU AM AZ BY GE KZ KG MD RU TJ TM UZ UA." Region lock.
Uh... those games have been region locked for a very long time.

Xcom EU - Locked since the start

Sniper Elite 3: -- about a month ago Added onlyallowrunincountries – RU AM AZ BY GE KZ KG MD TJ TM UZ UA (Before it was released)

Age of Mythology EX -- 3 months ago Added onlyallowrunincountries – RU AM AZ BY GE KZ KG MD RU TJ TM UZ UA

War of the Vikings Base -- 4 months ago Added PurchaseRestrictedCountries – AM AZ BY GE KZ KG MD RU TJ TM UZ UA

And all the Borderlands DLC has always had Region Locked versions.

As much as I've learned to love regional prices, I've never understood why devs don't do it with all games.

I mean, yes, I get it, we're a digital world and it's conceivable someone buying a game in one region might find themselves on travel or moving elsewhere and should have access to their games.  

But if they are going to insist on giving other regions cheaper pricing for whatever reasons, why not region lock the games in those cheaper priced regions and allow games purchased in more expensive/full price regions be region free?

Uh... those games have been region locked for a very long time.

Xcom EU - Locked since the start

Sniper Elite 3: -- about a month ago Added onlyallowrunincountries – RU AM AZ BY GE KZ KG MD TJ TM UZ UA (Before it was released)

Age of Mythology EX -- 3 months ago Added onlyallowrunincountries – RU AM AZ BY GE KZ KG MD RU TJ TM UZ UA

War of the Vikings Base -- 4 months ago Added PurchaseRestrictedCountries – AM AZ BY GE KZ KG MD RU TJ TM UZ UA

And all the Borderlands DLC has always had Region Locked versions.
I'm seeing these things as being updated "about 4 hours ago." My sincerest apologies over nothing.

Excuuuse_me.jpg

Get some exercise, fatty.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back