Steam Deals Thread V13 ~ Star Wars Empire at War $6.80 | The Legend of Korra $10.04 | Red Faction Guerrilla $2.99 |

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrNinjaSquirrel

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
Summer sale has come and gone; welcome to the Steam Deals Thread V13!

Stop: Before you go any further be sure you are using Enhanced Steam. It will save you a lot of time and embarrassment in the future.

Daily Deal
Star Wars: Empire at War Gold Edition - $19.99 $6.80

Yesterday's Deal

N/A

Midweek Madness
The Legend of Korra - $14.99 $10.04

Red Faction - $9.99 $1.49
Red Faction II - $9.99 $1.49
Red Faction Armageddon - $19.99 $2.99
Red Faction Guerrilla - $19.99 $2.99 

Thanks to EastX, Detruire, Psydero, and everyone else that has contributed to the thread!

Last edited by a moderator:
So, I contacted SEGA Support this weekend about getting my Retail boxed copies of Dawn of War 1: Gold Edition + my digital copy of Dawn of War: Dark Crusade (from GameStop PC App) all onto Steam.

Since yes - we can now do this a/ Any of the DoW1 games + expansions from Retail + digital, if you didn't know:

See this post on Steam -> http://steamcommunity.com/app/9450/discussions/0/522730076105985507/

So, Sega's Support asked for pictures (of retail box + game keys) and screens proving I owned Dawn of War 1: GOTY retail box & Dawn of War 1: Dark Crusade digitally - and any receipts.

I didn't give receipts - but I provided them w/ pictures they asked for of all the other stuff. :D

BOOM!

They provided me a key for DoW1: Platinum onto Steam (DoW1: GoTY + Winter Assault + Dark Crusade).

Fast and efficient support from SEGA.

So, I contacted SEGA Support this weekend about getting my Retail boxed copies of Dawn of War 1: Gold Edition + my digital copy of Dawn of War: Dark Crusade onto Steam.

Since yes - we can now do this w/ Any of the DoW1 games + expansions from Retail, if you didn't know:

See this post on Steam -> http://steamcommunity.com/app/9450/discussions/0/522730076105985507/

So, Sega's Support asked for pictures (of retail box + game keys) and screens proving I owned Dawn of War 1: GOTY retail box & Dawn of War 1: Dark Crusade digitally - and any receipts.

I didn't give receipts - but I provided them w/ pictures they asked for of all the other stuff. :D

BOOM!

They provided me a key for DoW1: Platinum onto Steam (DoW1: GoTY + Winter Assault + Dark Crusade).

Fast and efficient support from SEGA.
You're the only one who even owns that in retail...

Hey all, got a 90% off X-Blades coupon (Valid until 7/8). If anyone here would like it please pm me.

As much as I've learned to love regional prices, I've never understood why devs don't do it with all games.

I mean, yes, I get it, we're a digital world and it's conceivable someone buying a game in one region might find themselves on travel or moving elsewhere and should have access to their games.

But if they are going to insist on giving other regions cheaper pricing for whatever reasons, why not region lock the games in those cheaper priced regions and allow games purchased in more expensive/full price regions be region free?
then you'd get a bunch of dumbasses going "omgz dose selfish biznesses tryna make money off their productz n shit uggggHhh"

My Launch edition Razer Death Adder is starting to go bad.
Anyone have a new darling mouse?
MysterD, you have a G500, do you not?

Tom's chart results:
Gaming-Mice-Chart.jpg

edit: My 2 top choices are:
Corsair Vengeance M65
Razer DeathAdder
No, not 500.

I have a G600.

Might be hard to see since it's a small pic here, but that's the G600 box I'm holding in my avatar. ;)

Yeah - it took a bit of time to get used to the 12 buttons on the side; and to get used to the size of the mouse (it's quite a bit bigger than the mouse I normally use - a standard Microsoft mouse w/ a mouse-wheel/button in the middle). It has a learning curve, for sure.

But, I totally love this G500 G600 mouse.

And the software that comes w/ the mouse (you can get that off the Logitech WebSite) is really nice. You can program what buttons to do what commands you want for EACH and EVERY game, if you like. If game ain't in the list already - just add the EXE; and you're good to go to set up the controls. It's pretty damn sweet.

I'm seeing these things as being updated "about 4 hours ago." My sincerest apologies over nothing.

Excuuuse_me.jpg

Get some exercise, fatty.
A lot of items get updated every day, you gotta check the changelogs.

On that note, the Borderlands 1 beta just got another update, and Mortal Kombat Komplete seems to have a beta in the works too.

When I tried to get Batman: AA + AC onto Steam, it took days for WB to get back to me.

Sega - they contacted me yesterday and today.

Much quicker.
To be fair, the AA/AC thing happened for everyone almost all at once, unlike a single user asking for a key. It did take WB an irritatingly long time to sort it all out though.

Any other games that work for something like this? The Steam list is pretty short. My retail games are mocking me, and I have to console myself with my Battle for Middle-earth games...
If you have any retail copies of Batman: AA + AC - contact WB w/ proof of ownership.

While those keys should actually work and input into Steam - mine never worked.

If it won't work straight-up into Steam, contact WB.

I have Inquisitor from GoG. I took a screenie of it in being my GOG account to Cinemax Games to prove ownership - and they sent me a Steam-key for Inquisitor.

Nicely done Steam, set up the idiots to fall for that fake Summer Sale with their rigged competitions and community votes and now that they have plundered those poor victims wallets with their pitiful sales, they do their real sale now.

366437.png

Horrible game, nothing but lag and its P2W. tiny maps nade spamming, get a good team together and you can just spawn camp the other team easily.
I played about 45 minutes of the beta and I did not enjoy those 45 minutes.

Short story shorter: Warface* sucks

* Not to be confused with Warframe, which is actually pretty great. (Although if you're contemplating trying Warframe out, I'd suggest waiting until the next major update (soon) since they are completely revamping the new player experience to make it less overwhelming).

Is it safe to come back to the thread? Have all the seasonal CAGs left yet? I don't want seasonal cooties.
I can't decide if I am seasonal or just really fickle and/or lazy. I'll probably disappear to play these games I bought soon and come back later to tell someone for the Nnth time whether or not they should play Odin Sphere.

It doesn't help that I find you guys impossible to keep up with sometimes. I skip one day because of work and come back to a bajillion posts. I can either try to catch up, or I can mow the lawn as an octopus. I think we all know what a fakecag would do.

Not sure if this has been mentioned, there's a one-day sale going on at Hanako Games:

http://www.reddit.com/r/GameDeals/comments/29ldyi/hanako_games_long_live_the_queen_magical_diary/

You can get Long Live The Queen or Magical Diary at 70% off with a discount code from the dev. The European price is kinda crazy though.

Edit:

... and Magical Diary is $20 at their site instead of $15 on Steam. The hell?
It used to be that niche indie developers would lower their prices once they got on Steam because Valve suggested it. The idea was that the quantity would more than make up for it. I know Jeff Vogel has written entire blogs on the subject. Magical Diary is an older game and was her first Steam game even before Greenlight existed.

These days anything goes and indies are coming on Steam with niche pricing, but OTOH with the mass quantities of games and it getting harder and harder to get noticed being on Steam isn't what it was and many of those games will probably stay niche.

Oh and FWIW Date Warp and The Royale Trap (TRT) are coming to Steam. Eventually. Hanako has always given Steam keys for existing owners in the past so see no reason why she would not in the future.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=92941965
I can't submit Cute Knight because of licensing agreements with another publisher (also, it's ancient.) I can't submit Fatal Hearts because trying to get that code base to work with the Steam system would be a nightmare.

TRT will almost certainly come to Steam eventually whether Greenlight is involved or not but I'm currently in the middle of <thing I can't announce yet> and therefore have opted not to list it for the moment. I'm just too busy!

Again, sorry for how long Date Warp is taking to come out... I really wanted to be able to make the new version worth playing all over again rather than rush it out with a vague promise of upgrades later. :)

Tried to purchase the Duke Nukem 3D and Shadow Warrior Bundle for $3.74 but got the...

For the protection of the account holder, this purchase has been declined. Further purchasing will be temporarily limited - please contact Steam Support to resolve this issue.

Read that Steam takes several days to respond.

Facebook shit needs to die a horrible death.
If the Facebook pages I'm on are any indication, it's well on its way...

The experimenting with users thing isn't going over so well either, but really Facebook has been diverting what people want to see for quite a while now and that's bound to catch up to them sooner or later. Turning the feed into one giant advertisement for what ever they want people to see isn't going to encourage use in the long run.

Tried to purchase the Duke Nukem 3D and Shadow Warrior Bundle for $3.74 but got the...

For the protection of the account holder, this purchase has been declined. Further purchasing will be temporarily limited - please contact Steam Support to resolve this issue.

Steam is trying to help you by preventing you from buying too much bundle fodder.

I can buy it for you if you send me the amount it costs via gifted PayPal. :)

Edit: And the Hanako Games rep responded.

http://www.reddit.com/r/GameDeals/comments/29ldyi/hanako_games_long_live_the_queen_magical_diary/cim8hcr

Long story having to do with different market expectations, trying not to undercut other niche developers, and the site version had an automatically-available $5 discount at the end of the demo.

I kinda want to reply telling the rep to lower the price and remove the discount from the demo, but... that would sound too fighty.

was $700 worth of games not enough for you?

I see there's a "Reversion - The meeting (2nd chapter)" on my desura collection, with steam keys. But are invalid. Is from IR Debut 6

I see there's a "Reversion - The meeting (2nd chapter)" on my desura collection, with steam keys. But are invalid. Is from IR Debut 6
Yeah I noticed that too. Reversion isn't on Steam yet. They just mislabeled the Desura key.

I look forward to the day we can purchase bacon through Steam, because then I can buy discounted bacon with Gabenbux during the Canada Day sale.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back