Steam Deals Thread V13 ~ Star Wars Empire at War $6.80 | The Legend of Korra $10.04 | Red Faction Guerrilla $2.99 |

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrNinjaSquirrel

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
Summer sale has come and gone; welcome to the Steam Deals Thread V13!

Stop: Before you go any further be sure you are using Enhanced Steam. It will save you a lot of time and embarrassment in the future.

Daily Deal
Star Wars: Empire at War Gold Edition - $19.99 $6.80

Yesterday's Deal

N/A

Midweek Madness
The Legend of Korra - $14.99 $10.04

Red Faction - $9.99 $1.49
Red Faction II - $9.99 $1.49
Red Faction Armageddon - $19.99 $2.99
Red Faction Guerrilla - $19.99 $2.99 

Thanks to EastX, Detruire, Psydero, and everyone else that has contributed to the thread!

Last edited by a moderator:
I finally did a reverse image search. Why would you let me do that?

You're a dick.
DyrktzI.jpg

Hmmn, liked Dishonored a lot. I rarely read reviews or pay attention to hype anymore - maybe I went in with lower expectations than you did. On the other hand, when I played Hitman Absolution and was kind of letdown by it. I liked it alright, but it didn't really thrill me the way contracts did. I did play Dishonored as a stealth game so maybe that's why I liked it more than you (although I definitely didn't do it no kill/no powers).

I honestly only said that because I think the nicest thing I ever remember you saying about a game is that 'State of Derpcay wasn't total and complete shit'. (paraphrasing) :)
I did play it as stealth (also no power/no-kill/360 no-scope) and that as a stealth game it's very mediocre.

Ok I want to know but not in any way bad enough to subject myself to the horrors hinted at. Would somone care to describe the atrocity that is the remainder of the avatar?
i suggest u NOT DO IT.. I did it a few moons ago and it scarred me for life.. what is seen and known can't be un-seen. If I meet Motoki in real life, I will spank him to death for this.

If you want to know just look it up, words cannot describe the horror from Motoki's avatar

What is so creepy about sun worshiping? It's definitely weird but creepy? Maybe I'm missing something ... Who am I lying? It is creepy :cold:

For anyone else who passed on it every other time it's been on sale recently, Pinnacle Profiler is 4.99 again for the 4th of July.
Great piece of software, used it so far for AVGN and Legacy of Kain Soul Reaver.

Question for all you CAGs.

I'm looking for a good headset to bring with me to China.

My laptop doesn't have any good audio card so I'm stuck with USB input and regular 3.5mm audio jack.

I'm looking for a good gaming headset (so preferably with a mic) that doesn't look too garish.  

I'd prefer a wireless headset so I can get rid of clutter, but I'm open to wired suggestions as well.

I'm curious what virtual surround sound would feel like on a headset, but this isn't a gamebreaker.  I probably can't get this anyway since I don't have optical audio output unless I get an external USB sound card/DAC.  Is VSS even worth it?  

My budget is around $100-150 but I'm open to other suggestions too.

Currently I'm using Sony Pulse Elites.  Surprisingly they don't have any cracks and I think they're pretty decent, but they get pretty heavy on my head after a while and I don't feel like the audio quality is that great.  I've also tried using it with Razer's Suround Software to see if I like the whole virtual surround sound stuff, but I don't know if I really like it in practice (I used to have a 5.1 sound system for my peasant console gaming and the VSS stuff just seems muffled and fake so far, but that could be attributed to Razer's software).

I've looked at Logitech G930, Skullcandy PLYR1 (requires optical though), Sony Gold headset, and even Astro A50 (way too expensive).  Reading reviews are one thing but I'd love to hear your first hand experiences.

I appreciate all opinions and recommendations in advance!  Thanks!

Question for all you CAGs.
I'm looking for a good headset to bring with me to China.
My laptop doesn't have any good audio card so I'm stuck with USB input and regular 3.5mm audio jack.

I'm looking for a good gaming headset (so preferably with a mic) that doesn't look too garish.
I'd prefer a wireless headset so I can get rid of clutter, but I'm open to wired suggestions as well.
I'm curious what virtual surround sound would feel like on a headset, but this isn't a gamebreaker. I probably can't get this anyway since I don't have optical audio output unless I get an external USB sound card/DAC. Is VSS even worth it?

My budget is around $100-150 but I'm open to other suggestions too.

Currently I'm using Sony Pulse Elites. Surprisingly they don't have any cracks and I think they're pretty decent, but they get pretty heavy on my head after a while and I don't feel like the audio quality is that great. I've also tried using it with Razer's Suround Software to see if I like the whole virtual surround sound stuff, but I don't know if I really like it in practice (I used to have a 5.1 sound system for my peasant console gaming and the VSS stuff just seems muffled and fake so far, but that could be attributed to Razer's software).

I've looked at Logitech G930, Skullcandy PLYR1 (requires optical though), Sony Gold headset, and even Astro A50 (way too expensive). Reading reviews are one thing but I'd love to hear your first hand experiences.

I appreciate all opinions and recommendations in advance! Thanks!
Sony golds are really good. And they are currently on sale.

Im using Razer surround with Skullcandy Crusher and its working nicely especially with stealth and pew pew games.

Crusher is great for games and movies but only above average when it comes to music.

i suggest u NOT DO IT.. I did it a few moons ago and it scarred me for life.. what is seen and known can't be un-seen. If I meet Motoki in real life, I will spank him to death for this.
I'm curious. This picture causes the urge in you to spank someone.

i suggest not looking at the full picture because tebow is flying to strawberry in the unedited form
I don't know what that is but it involves tebow and so I don't want to know.

If you want to know just look it up, words cannot describe the horror from Motoki's avatar
Oh I want to know. Just not enough to actually deal with knowing from a picture.

Idk what it is but I don't have it
You still haven't responded to my pm asking for where to send the gift and you've since logged off so I'll assume you didn't really want it.

Last edited:
Sony golds are really good. And they are currently on sale.
Thanks, I checked the golds out since they're on sale but I'm not convinced they are a big upgrade from my current pulse elites. How comfortable are they? Do they feel pretty durable?

Im using Razer surround with Skullcandy Crusher and its working nicely especially with stealth and pew pew games.
Crusher is great for games and movies but only above average when it comes to music.
Thanks for the suggestion! The crushers do look nice and skullcandy generally has really good audio. I'll keep an eye on this one.

Currently I'm looking at the corsair vengeance 2100 headphones. Anyone have any experience with these?

Oh I want to know. Just not enough to actually deal with knowing from a picture.
One thing you'll learn as you grow older is that knowledge is never truly free. It comes with a price--and some prices are dearer than others.

And there are some things you can't avoid learning.

I worked with a guy one summer when I was growing up. Every single day he would buy a coffee, drink a sip of it and exclaim "Man, this coffee tastes like ass!", or something along those lines. After 4 or 5 weeks of this, I looked at him and asked if he ever had a cup of coffee he actually liked.

He looked thoughtful for a while and didn't really answer me. I then said "Did you ever think maybe you just don't like coffee?"
May have been prior (though imagine plenty had to be doing it somewhere) but should have gone to Starbucks or those types of plaes, could have coffee that has so much cream, sugar, and other crap it tastes nothing like coffee!

Might even been able to get in before it was filled with hipsters and teenagers, oh and before someone figured out "I can charge $4-5 to dump a gallon of sugar into coffee!")

At least you were smart and went with an attractive yet not unbelievable picture.
From what I've seen of the internet, the unbelievable pictures work better.

Thanks, I checked the golds out since they're on sale but I'm not convinced they are a big upgrade from my current pulse elites. How comfortable are they? Do they feel pretty durable?

Thanks for the suggestion! The crushers do look nice and skullcandy generally has really good audio. I'll keep an eye on this one.

Currently I'm looking at the corsair vengeance 2100 headphones. Anyone have any experience with these?
They are really comfortable and feel solid. They come with a draw string pouch too for traveling.

Annal:

• Annals. Annals (Latin annālis, yearly from annus, a year) are a concise form of historical representation which record events chronologically, year by year. The Oxford English Dictionary defines annals as "a narrative of events written year by year".

Anal: [background=#ffffff]a·nal[/size][/background]
ˈānl/

adjective
  • involving, relating to, or situated near the anus.

you catch that, but totally miss opportuniTITTIES
must be an ass man

unfortunately the steam sale was comparable to an anus, so it does go down as one of the worst in the anals of steam sales history
Step 1) Apply attractive female selfie as avatar

Step 2) post everywhere.

Step 3) ???

Step 4) Profit!
Step 3) Steal Underpants

What a coincidence. So did I.
same here, her name was Bessie

Sorry Fellow CAG's my mistake didn't mean to post.
wrong thread I think you meant to post to the mistake thread here http://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/328659-amazon-pc-deals-red-faction-collection-599-ea-sports-classics-nhl-09-madden-08-2/page-304#entry11894031

one of heshe's many pearls of wisdom
Crazy.png

you too can join her and drink the magical kool-aid and join the great Sun vagina in the sky.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back