Steam Deals Thread V13 ~ Star Wars Empire at War $6.80 | The Legend of Korra $10.04 | Red Faction Guerrilla $2.99 |

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrNinjaSquirrel

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
Summer sale has come and gone; welcome to the Steam Deals Thread V13!

Stop: Before you go any further be sure you are using Enhanced Steam. It will save you a lot of time and embarrassment in the future.

Daily Deal
Star Wars: Empire at War Gold Edition - $19.99 $6.80

Yesterday's Deal

N/A

Midweek Madness
The Legend of Korra - $14.99 $10.04

Red Faction - $9.99 $1.49
Red Faction II - $9.99 $1.49
Red Faction Armageddon - $19.99 $2.99
Red Faction Guerrilla - $19.99 $2.99 

Thanks to EastX, Detruire, Psydero, and everyone else that has contributed to the thread!

Last edited by a moderator:
So, you took the survey then? ;)
Eterm is my console

shot_whitestar_d0.jpg

And yes, Xterm on my (linux) phone is set to a default pink.

oh, is this the part where we hold the font up to the light and it becomes visible?
No it only works if you dunk your computer in water. Of course you wouldn't need water if you had your secret decoder ring. Be sure to drink your Ovaltine kids.

Last edited:
Did a search in the thread and did not see any mention of this other than the greenlit announcements. Bionic Heart steam key are up in Indie Gala Every Monday B8. Has cardz and all that.

In the long run, devaluing indie games to this degree benefits consumers and middlemen storefronts mostly, and threatens the survival of a bunch of smaller developers. Are there plenty of shitty game makers out there? Sure, but there will also be some that never get much of a shot that mighta otherwise made some good games.

Also kinda funny that some thought the digital revolution would give more power to individual creators to get their products directly into the hands of customers, but I guess not really.

But he did get his attention, right?

New Releases

Five Nights at Freddys- $4.99

Trace Vector- $5.94

The Golf Club- $34.99

Shan Gui- $4.99

Chess 2: The Sequel- $21.24

King's Bounty: Dark Side

Early Access

Invisible Inc.- $15.99

Dizzel- F2P

Tinertia- $14.99

Arena: Cyber Evolution- F2P

Hatoful Boyfriend delayed till Sept. 4th :/

Betrayer- 3408F-QYQI5-Z327N

Meltdown- 33B3Z-DEN90-Y0PC3

New Releases

Trace Vector- $5.94

The Golf Club- $34.99

Shan Gui- $4.99

Early Access

Invisible Inc.- $15.99

Dizzel- F2P

Tinertia- $14.99

Betrayer- 3408F-QYQI5-Z327N

Meltdown- 33B3Z-DEN90-Y0PC3
Yoinked Betrayer.

Got this one; thanks!

Karmic balance + fuckyoulurkers: first quote gets Puppygames' Ultratron so you can rub it in the dev's face.
I don't have that one either....

Edit: Any regular still need Deadlight? Shoot me a PM & I'll send you a humble link. Gone.

I'd say bundles and the like give lesser known games, especially multiplayer ones, a chance to reach social media with no real marketing budget.

You need people playing your game to attract new customers in MP games. If I see a dead MP game that had my interest, now I won't buy it at all. And you also need people talking about it to get attention.

New Releases

I loves me some KB, but damn Katauri, I think it's time for a new engine, or some new assets at least! I'd be a lot more likely to pick this up outside of a bundle if it didn't feel like I was buying the same game I've already bought four times and put 400 hours into.

I'd say bundles and the like give lesser known games, especially multiplayer ones, a chance to reach social media with no real marketing budget.

You need people playing your game to attract new customers in MP games. If I see a dead MP game that had my interest, now I won't buy it at all. And you also need people talking about it to get attention.
Bundles = Advertising

All these indie devs who think that getting their games in bundles is how they're gonna bring home the bacon are deluded. Hell, half of the bundles are for charity anyways.

Point is that you're getting your game into the hands of loads of gamers. It gets your name out there. If you just put every game you create into a bundle, you're doing it wrong. Supergiant games, anyone? Make a good, solid indie game (Bastion), put it in bundles at some point, gain more publicity and more fans, then make a new game (Transistor).

You know they're making money on that game. That's a perfect example of how to be an indie dev, whereas Puppygames... is the opposite.

Misguided is more like it. Holding to a tenet that says "interacting with your customer is a waste of time and money" is questionable enough, but when you paint that motto across your public face you're shooting yourself in the foot. That's the kind of stuff you keep in boardrooms and not on rooftops from which you are shouting.

Furthermore, I'd counter that a measured amount of interaction goes a long way. Certainly it can be non-productive to spend hours interacting with a small subsection of your customer base, but it can be done in a way that reaches a broad audience that makes them still feel connected.

This sounds like the ramblings of someone that knows just enough about business to get himself into trouble.

Begin self-important colors:

He also seems to believe this will end well for him, simply because Phil Fish got rich off of idiots - that's a risky play to make, and probably won't end well - but it's his play to make. He wants to be Phil Fish 2.0.
Sadly, this looks to be the case.

Misguided is more like it. Holding to a tenet that says "interacting with your customer is a waste of time and money" is questionable enough, but when you paint that motto across your public face you're shooting yourself in the foot. That's the kind of stuff you keep in boardrooms and not on rooftops from which you are shouting.
In his defense, his company is already in the crapper, so at this point he's just trying to go down in flames rustle jimmies.

New Releases

Trace Vector- $5.94

The Golf Club- $34.99

Shan Gui- $4.99

Early Access

Invisible Inc.- $15.99

Dizzel- F2P

Tinertia- $14.99

Five Nights at Freddy's is basically you get locked in at Chuck E Cheese's. And then Chuck E turns evil and tries to kill you.

Five Nights at Freddy's is basically you get locked in at Chuck E Cheese's. And then Chuck E turns evil and tries to kill you.
If that were the official description on the Store page, It'd be hard to resist buying. Maybe you should pitch that to the dev -- for a fee, of course.

I'm actually a little surprised no one has PMed me about the free copy of Deadlight yet.

I can't be the only CAG here that doesn't buy all the bundles that come out.. can I?

It's still available if someone wants it.

Gone.

I'm actually a little surprised no one has PMed me about the free copy of Deadlight yet.

I can't be the only CAG here that doesn't buy all the bundles that come out.. can I?

It's still available if someone wants it.
If you insist. I spoder for those that cannot spoder for themselves. I am Robin Spoder.

Last edited:

Furthermore, I'd counter that a measured amount of interaction goes a long way. Certainly it can be non-productive to spend hours interacting with a small subsection of your customer base, but it can be done in a way that reaches a broad audience that makes them still feel connected.

This sounds like the ramblings of someone that knows just enough about business to get himself into trouble.

Sadly, this looks to be the case.
Yeah, for example;

Waste of time - replying to individual emails / PMs.

Not waste of time - replying to the said questions (even if copied and pasted) in a Q/A section of your forums. It fosters community growth when the devs are active and replying. You're doing the same amount of work but getting more results.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back