Steam Deals Thread V13 ~ Star Wars Empire at War $6.80 | The Legend of Korra $10.04 | Red Faction Guerrilla $2.99 |

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrNinjaSquirrel

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
Summer sale has come and gone; welcome to the Steam Deals Thread V13!

Stop: Before you go any further be sure you are using Enhanced Steam. It will save you a lot of time and embarrassment in the future.

Daily Deal
Star Wars: Empire at War Gold Edition - $19.99 $6.80

Yesterday's Deal

N/A

Midweek Madness
The Legend of Korra - $14.99 $10.04

Red Faction - $9.99 $1.49
Red Faction II - $9.99 $1.49
Red Faction Armageddon - $19.99 $2.99
Red Faction Guerrilla - $19.99 $2.99 

Thanks to EastX, Detruire, Psydero, and everyone else that has contributed to the thread!

Last edited by a moderator:
Play the PS4 version and then come back and see me :mrgreen:
BJNcXF4.gif

regarding Hellgate; I played the F2P type version a while back. I did not even finish London and move onto Tokyo.

I cannot recommend greenlighting or even playing it unless they update the game, loosen up the leveling (grinding alot to level up) and tone down the cash transactions

If I remember, Hellgate was not updated since 2009 and it has been "zombie" since 2012

If you want a better experience, buy Diablo 3 and the expansion which can be bought through Best Buy for 19.99 each this week

OR play Torchlight 2 or other diablo type games

Sorry, not trying to trash Hellgate, but it really was a broken product when it first came out and it really did not recover. Sad
I dug Hellgate: London, back when I got it.

I got the CE for X-Mas, the year the game came out.

That was back when Flagship still had control of the game.

The problem was - well, the story was just nothing special (which is common for these kind of ARPG's); & the cliffhanger ending sucked.

Since it was a loot-crazy game - I was addicted like crazy to it, back when I played it. Lot of fun online.

titanfall is a fun game, its definitely worth $20. The download size is only ~20 gigs, but they have 30 gigs of uncompressed audio for some retarded reason - probably something to do with consoles.

The biggest problem is that the PC community is pretty dead with hardly anyone playing. At primetime you can get some matches fast enough, but during weekdays you can literally sit for an hour and not get matched. They tried to be too smart and make it automatching, instead of providing a server browser and stuff, and you get auto connected to your closest datacenter - they have east coast, west coast, midwest, europe, etc. Just makes for a massively fragmented player base, especially when you throw in multiple game modes, and two DLC xpacs. Games also tend to be woefully unmatched, with one team absolutely crushing the other and thats like 90% of the games. FPS, stop trying to be so goddamn smart with matchmaking and provide a server browser, that woulda fixed so many problems.

I really enjoyed the game at launch and got my full MSRP worth of playtime (~80 hours), but hardly touch it anymore. When you get a perfect game with even skilled teams its a thing of beauty, especially in visuals and player movement and titan mechanics, but that is fairly rare unfortunately.
I spent 2-3 hours w/ that, back when I won it in a contest (on the PC).

So glad I didn't spend $ on it.

I was done - while Titanfall PC is lots of fun, the game severely needs more modes + more maps.

I'm sorry, but I'm from the old-school MP-era of PC gaming - back when we had SDK's + modders making new maps + new modes all the time, back in the RTCW, Quake 1, 2, 3; Unreal series days. Never was a shortage of maps + modes, back then.

New games could learn from that old-school attitude, instead of just having official DLC's/Season Passes. I think MP games should do BOTH - have SDK/mods support + Official DLC support/Season Passes. It'd really be the best of both worlds.

Play the PS4 version and then come back and see me :mrgreen:
I had initially considered it. Then I realized I must be suffering from a head injury. A bottle of aspirin later, I came to my senses and bought it on its rightful platform (i.e. not console).

I guess I'll try it if/when its available for rent. Renting makes me play my games at least.
Renting Diablo for console.

There are so many things wrong with that thought.

I'm sorry, but I'm from the old-school MP-era of PC gaming - back when we had SDK's + modders making new maps + new modes all the time, back in the RTCW, Quake 1, 2, 3; Unreal series days. Never was a shortage of maps + modes, back then.
Titanfall could've used something like Steam Workshop. Too bad EA is too greedy to let something like that - or even the possibility of user-generated maps - appear in one of their games.

Well it already happened before... :p

I had initially considered it. Then I realized I must be suffering from a head injury. A bottle of aspirin later, I came to my senses and bought it on its rightful platform (i.e. not console).

I have it and ROS on PC, just haven't gotten around to playing it. If I get a free gamefly month, that'll be enough time for sure.

Edit: Actually that probably won't work because I'll just tell myself that I should play the PC version and then end up not playing either version.

New games could learn from that old-school attitude, instead of just having official DLC's/Season Passes. I think MP games should do BOTH - have SDK/mods support + Official DLC support/Season Passes. It'd really be the best of both worlds.
That cat is out of the bag and you can be sure that most games won't be going back to the full SDK model. To put it bluntly, it offers too much entertainment for the dollar. It keeps people engaged with a game far too long, and that is time spent not buying/playing the next DLC or yearly update.

And where modding is more acceptable, they're already trying to find ways to monetize that. Take the new Unreal Tournament, for example: If there ever was a game that should be all about the SDK it would be that game. The Unreal Engine is the most widely used in the industry and that series was built on encouraging modification. Unreal Tournament always served as a sort of platform to showcase the new engine to the industry. Many amateur level designers got jobs thanks to that ability. Now amateur level designers will be able to distribute their work on Epic Games' planned network and charge for their efforts (with Epic taking a cut, naturally). To be fair, they should still be able to give them away for free, but the whole model is changing.

It used to be that developers liked cultivating a community of modders to attract attention, now it's seen as competition.

I'll always be from that era of PC gaming...

...the mid 90's to early 2000's, when modding was still popular - before DLC took over.
No, see, this is a non-apology.

You were born in the mid-90's and started gaming in 2004.

That's your cover story.

That's who you are now.

I was born a while before 1990.

My PC gaming birth was in 1995.
That's the life you renounced an hour ago.

You're D-Dawg420 now and you're drinking your parents' cooking wine while playing Call of Duty on an Xbox One.

I will take you off this case if you can't keep your story straight. I'll do it!

Played about 2 hours PvZ garden warfare (free time). Is a really cool game. Plenty of game modes (some are the same but with a little variation) and unlockables. Yes, you need to have played the original PvZ to enjoy this game the most, but if not, it will be fun too, but not that much.

Graphics are nice but very simplistic, just the way it needs to be because it is that kind of game. The sound is awesome, you can't avoid some smiles after hearing the plants screaming an "talking"

I enjoyed it more than BF4 (free time too) anf will buy it when it goes on sale

Screen 7 has the following deal for $5:

http://www.screen7.co.uk/#!/

Cat Lady - (Steam and Desura and DRM Free)

Nancy the Happy Whore (Desura and DRM Free)

Downfall (Desura and DRM Free)

Samaritan Paradox (Steam and Desura and DRM Free)

For Downfall you also get "Future Benefits" but it doesn't specify what that is (Steam key?) and it doesn't list any "Future Benefits" for Nancy.

Deal should pop up when you go to the site as a pop up ad.  

The 'Worse than Bundlebandits Bundle"
I don't understand why so many new bundlers enter the market with lesser offerings than Royale on their worst day and (assumedly) expect to turn any sort of substantial profit.

But hey, it's a limited time offer! I better get on that right quick.

I don't understand why so many new bundlers enter the market with lesser offerings than Royale on their worst day and (assumedly) expect to turn any sort of substantial profit.

But hey, it's a limited time offer! I better get on that right quick.
They are the dev, not a bundle site. They had a somewhat better bundle a few years back before this greenlight stuff, but all those were DRM free iirc.

Major Mayhem (Steam)
?IZV0-TI78Z-QTZQC

? = the first letter of the English alphabet

Ballpoint Universe - Infinite (Steam)
IVYKW-RNTL8-KPER?

? = a number that starts with t

Knytt Underground (Steam)
3IIVX-FNVVG-W??R?

= I have no imagination, and it's C.

Daily Deal

The Bridge - $9.99 $0.99

Weeklong Deals

The Journey Down: Chapter One - $6.99 $0.69
STORM: Frontline Nation - $4.99 $0.49
Deponia - $19.99 $1.99
Post Apocalyptic Mayhem - $9.99 $0.99
Naval Warfare - $3.99 $0.39
The Tiny Bang Story - $4.99 $0.49
Insecticide Part 1 - $2.99 $0.29
Ducati World Championship - $4.99 $0.49
Gumboy Tournament - $2.99 $0.29
Knights and Merchants - $6.99 $0.97
Check vs Mate - $19.99 $3.79
Turba - $4.99 $0.99
Commandos: Beyond the Call of Duty - $3.99 $0.79
Commandos: Behind Enemy Lines - $3.99 $0.79
Commandos 2: Men of Courage - $3.99 $0.79
Anmynor Puzzles - $9.99 $1.99
Perimeter 2: New Earth - $14.99 $2.99
Big Brain Wolf - $9.99 $1.99
BC Kings - $4.99 $0.99
Commandos 3: Destination Berlin - $3.99 $0.79
Violett - $9.99 $1.99
Day One : Garry's Incident - $9.99 $2.49
Dark Fall 2: Lights Out - $4.99 $1.24
Rabbit Hole 3D: Steam Edition - $2.99 $0.74
Collapse - $19.99 $4.99
D.W.A.R.F.S. - $5.99 $1.49
Holy Avatar vs. Maidens of the Dead - $9.99 $2.49
Super Sanctum TD - $3.99 $0.99
Killing Floor - $19.99 $4.99
Dark Fall: The Journal - $4.99 $1.24
Armada 2526 - $14.99 $3.74
A Game of Dwarves - $9.99 $2.49
Unity of Command: Stalingrad Campaign - $19.99 $4.99
Grotesque Tactics 2 – Dungeons and Donuts - $9.99 $2.49
Grotesque Tactics: Evil Heroes - $9.99 $2.49
Deadfall Adventures - $39.99 $9.99
Tower of Guns - $14.99 $4.79
Farm Machines Championships 2014 - $9.99 $3.39
Trainz™ Simulator 12 - $69.99 $23.79
Leviathan: Warships - $9.99 $3.39
Rush for Glory - $14.99 $6.74
Secret of the Magic Crystals - $4.99 $2.49
Labyrinthine Dreams - $4.99 $2.49
The Whispered World Special Edition - $19.99 $9.99
Robin's Quest - $4.99 $2.49
Shannon Tweed's Attack Of The Groupies - $4.99 $2.49
Worms Reloaded - $19.99 $9.99
Flower Shop: Summer In Fairbrook - $14.99 $7.49
Dysan the Shapeshifter - $9.99 $4.99
Guilty Gear Isuka - $9.99 $4.99
Bridge Constructor - $9.99 $4.99
99 Spirits - $24.99 $12.49
Bot Colony - $15.99 $9.59
Pro Cycling Manager 2014 - $39.99 $26.79
Deadly 30 - $4.99 $3.34
Half Minute Hero: The Second Coming - $19.99 $13.39
Lost Marbles - $9.99 $6.99
Tabletop Simulator - $14.99 $10.49
Freespace 2 - $9.99 $6.99

Cat Lady - (Steam and Desura and DRM Free)

Nancy the Happy Whore (Desura and DRM Free)

Downfall (Desura and DRM Free)

Samaritan Paradox (Steam and Desura and DRM Free)

For Downfall you also get "Future Benefits" but it doesn't specify what that is (Steam key?) and it doesn't list any "Future Benefits" for Nancy.

Deal should pop up when you go to the site as a pop up ad.
They missed the chance to call it the Friends with Future Benefits bundle. Also, it's about time someone made a game about Hitler memes.

Re: Screen7 bundle

The version of Downfall coming to Steam is a remake. The original is going feeware soon. Still, given how prolific The Cat Lady has been in bundles if you're penny pinching it's probably best to wait.

Re: Weeklies

I kinda want The Flower Shop (shut up) but given that he just shoved Heileen 3 as a bundle free bonus, I'll wait.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back