Steam Deals Thread V13 ~ Star Wars Empire at War $6.80 | The Legend of Korra $10.04 | Red Faction Guerrilla $2.99 |

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrNinjaSquirrel

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
Summer sale has come and gone; welcome to the Steam Deals Thread V13!

Stop: Before you go any further be sure you are using Enhanced Steam. It will save you a lot of time and embarrassment in the future.

Daily Deal
Star Wars: Empire at War Gold Edition - $19.99 $6.80

Yesterday's Deal

N/A

Midweek Madness
The Legend of Korra - $14.99 $10.04

Red Faction - $9.99 $1.49
Red Faction II - $9.99 $1.49
Red Faction Armageddon - $19.99 $2.99
Red Faction Guerrilla - $19.99 $2.99 

Thanks to EastX, Detruire, Psydero, and everyone else that has contributed to the thread!

Last edited by a moderator:
No, just Bookworm. In any case, the theme of this one is decidedly more RPG-y. Looks good.
No, seriously. This game looks exactly like Bookworm Adventures and its sequel where you have a grid of tiles to spell words to deal damage to opposing mythical creatures. I first saw Letter Quest a week or two ago and marveled at how it could promote itself as if Popcap hadn't created the same thing already eight years ago.

Ever wondered what would happen if you crossed Scrabble with an RPG? Now you don't have to, because Bookworm Adventures already exists!
Fixed that for them.

That said, I'll buy it for a buck while I wait for the Steam versions of both Bookworm Adventures games to go on a better sale. I owned them through Popcap back in the day, so I guess I own them on Origin now if I send them proof of ownership.

He's probably too busy raging about battle.net being down last night when he wanted to do his single player player play through of diablo 3 act v.

Always online drm NOOOOOO
Yes, I was not happy about the maintenance for patching (thank God I was at work, while most of this was done) + DDOS attacks that were causing us D3 players to NOT be on BNet for a while last night.

Especially even more so true, since console-versions can be played offline.

Yes, I was not happy about the maintenance for patching (thank God I was at work, while most of this was done) + DDOS attacks that were causing us D3 players to NOT be on BNet for a while last night.

Especially even more so true, since console-versions can be played offline.
Yeah...we know

buy console

No, and they still managed to leak my email to hundreds of people.
There are some shady bundle stores that just pop up out of nowhere for one or two bundles then vanish.
airplane.jpg

Why is everybody buying zombie driver DLCs? I know it is having a good discount, but... I played it back then and couldn't find anything so extraordinary about it...

Hm.  Do I throw card money at Violett at 80% off to toss it into the backlog, or do I accept the likelihood that it will be bundled before I get to it?

Hm. Do I throw card money at Violett at 80% off to toss it into the backlog, or do I accept the likelihood that it will be bundled before I get to it?
I was considering it, but I've heard less than amazing things and mobile ports are pretty hit or miss, so I think I'll wait on it (unless someone wants to buy it and tell me how it is).

bundle bandit has 15 indie games for 2 bucks.. anyone bought from these guys before?

http://bundlebandits.com/bundle?bid=68
Eh, what Foxhack said--it's a turrible bundle.

don't jinx it. No news from him means good news LOL

good review except this part "Blood Race felt a bit like a less-fun version of Death Rally" I find Death Rally very boring and generic. The Blood Race mode adds so much flavors to it. There are not a lot of zombie killing isometric vehicular combat on the market & this one hits the spot!
Well, opinions are opinions, but in case you care. . . there's this counterpoint.

I've been getting bombarded with friend requests from weirdos all week.
I call this. . . Wednesday.

Isn't Violett one of the games that goes on a weekly every other week? Regardless, most indie games shouldn't be backlogged at this point with the 14 bundles a week shoved in our face.

Well, opinions are opinions, but in case you care. . . there's this counterpoint.
well the original Death Rally was fun. The remake (the one that you link & reviewed) felt like a mobile port to me with bland driving, weak gun & generic level design.

There is another isometric car combat on the market which is VERY FUN since it is a modern remake of Blizzard's Rock & Roll Racing. Too bad it is a BANNED GAME now :/ I was fortunate to obtain it before the Steam removal.

check it out (original name was Rock & Roll Racing 3D but developer has to rename it to Motor Rock due to copyright issue)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VxMajqcff10

Isn't Violett one of the games that goes on a weekly every other week? Regardless, most indie games shouldn't be backlogged at this point with the 14 bundles a week shoved in our face.
It's never hit 80% before this week. I don't think it ever hit 75. But part of me thinks this is the last push before bundling.

There's also the issue of having too much in my Steam wallet. But I guess I could spend it on software or something.

Oh, wait. That gets bundled nowadays, too.

A while back there was a game called Frederic: Resurrection of Music in an Indie Gala. It got greenlit, we got keys, and I activated it the other day. I started to play it out of curiosity and it's damn fun. It's basically Beatmania, you hit keys in tune with the music and build up combos. There's a mechanic in the game which I can't get to work, and it's tough as hell, but it's pretty fun. It only seems to have seven levels though, so that sucks.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/301200/

Oh, Call of Juarez was removed from the store. Again.

A while back there was a game called Frederic: Resurrection of Music in an Indie Gala. It got greenlit, we got keys, and I activated it the other day. I started to play it out of curiosity and it's damn fun. It's basically Beatmania, you hit keys in tune with the music and build up combos. There's a mechanic in the game which I can't get to work, and it's tough as hell, but it's pretty fun. It only seems to have seven levels though, so that sucks.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/301200/

Oh, Call of Juarez was removed from the store. Again.
Am I the only one who says this out loud as "Call of . . . Juarez" with the last word being in the most overdone Spanish accent?

Call of... Hoooahrezz.

(I still find it hilarious that the devs are Polish, yet made awesome Western-themed games. And The Cartel.)
I always make sure to half hack up a loogie when I say Juarez so it's like Chhhwoarreezzz with the C being slightly silent but also kinda audible just under the H sound. I think it makes it more authentic.

Last edited:
Am I the only one who says this out loud as "Call of . . . Juarez" with the last word being in the most overdone Spanish accent?
I make sure to say ethnic words in the most gringo American way possible. I think that sounds better then trying to say them with a terrible fake accent. I remember when I was a little kid I was at a video rental store with a friend and there were these 3 middle aged women as white as can be and they picked up a movie and one them said "oh look it has Antonio Banderas in it" and she said "Antonio Banderas" in the most horrible fake over pronounced accent possible. Since then I've vowed never to be that woman.

I've gotten lucky twice already, but I think Carl just likes me.
Same here, but I don't think they were giveaways of only 100 copies.

No, seriously. This game looks exactly like Bookworm Adventures and its sequel where you have a grid of tiles to spell words to deal damage to opposing mythical creatures. I first saw Letter Quest a week or two ago and marveled at how it could promote itself as if Popcap hadn't created the same thing already eight years ago.

Fixed that for them.

That said, I'll buy it for a buck while I wait for the Steam versions of both Bookworm Adventures games to go on a better sale. I owned them through Popcap back in the day, so I guess I own them on Origin now if I send them proof of ownership.
True... There's never been a clone of another game before that didn't talk about the game it clones. ;)

In any case, I'd rather be a chibi grim reaper than a worm with glasses and a bow tie.

New Releases

Lethal League- $13.99

Bird Assassin- $1.99

FATE: The Traitor Soul- $4.79

Toast Time- $4.49

Dancewall Remix- $4.49

Nobunaga's Ambition: Souzou- $59.99

World of Diving(early access)- $19.99

No, your local newscaster does it too.

well the original Death Rally was fun. The remake (the one that you link & reviewed) felt like a mobile port to me with bland driving, weak gun & generic level design.

There is another isometric car combat on the market which is VERY FUN since it is a modern remake of Blizzard's Rock & Roll Racing. Too bad it is a BANNED GAME now :/ I was fortunate to obtain it before the Steam removal.

check it out (original name was Rock & Roll Racing 3D but developer has to rename it to Motor Rock due to copyright issue)
I'm familiar with it but it was never bundled before it got banned (for having unlicensed music, I believe). And ain't nobody got time for no non-bundled indie game tomfoolery. Crazy Russians.

This one is a bonus in BAGB9 which is running for another 27 hours.
If the whole BAGB9, including this, didn't look awful, I'd consider it. As it is, not so much.

The only one of these that looks worthwhile is the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. knockoff. I'm guessing Valve is going to post a batch announcement today or tomorrow that will include these.

Same here, but I don't think they were giveaways of only 100 copies.
I told Carl I enter those 100 or 200 giveaways and then downvote don't vote yes :roll: in principle for being cheap fucks and getting (potentially) thousands of votes while giving very little away.

It's not even that I think my one vote will make a difference, it surely won't, it's more a silent passive aggressive form of protest that no one will ever notice. :p

I did change my vote back to yes for Bookworm though since I got it for $1 on IGS. Plus the dev has said it's pretty high up in the queue to get Greenlight at this point so eh.

I told Carl I enter those 100 or 200 giveaways and then downvote in principle for being cheap fucks and getting (potentially) thousands of votes while giving very little away.

It's not even that I think my one vote will make a difference, it surely won't, it's more a silent passive aggressive form of protest that no one will ever notice. :p

I did change my vote back to yes for Bookworm though since I got it for $1 on IGS. Plus the dev has said it's pretty high up in the queue to get Greenlight at this point so eh.
Your vote wouldn't make any difference because it's technically not a vote. You can only upvote on greenlight, not downvote. All "downvoting" does is skip the game so you can get a new one in your queue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back