Steam Deals Thread V13 ~ Star Wars Empire at War $6.80 | The Legend of Korra $10.04 | Red Faction Guerrilla $2.99 |

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrNinjaSquirrel

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
Summer sale has come and gone; welcome to the Steam Deals Thread V13!

Stop: Before you go any further be sure you are using Enhanced Steam. It will save you a lot of time and embarrassment in the future.

Daily Deal
Star Wars: Empire at War Gold Edition - $19.99 $6.80

Yesterday's Deal

N/A

Midweek Madness
The Legend of Korra - $14.99 $10.04

Red Faction - $9.99 $1.49
Red Faction II - $9.99 $1.49
Red Faction Armageddon - $19.99 $2.99
Red Faction Guerrilla - $19.99 $2.99 

Thanks to EastX, Detruire, Psydero, and everyone else that has contributed to the thread!

Last edited by a moderator:
Now compare that to Gurumin, a game that also got a lot of press and votes, which was developed by Nihon Falcom, and that already had a pretty good following thanks to its original PSP release stateside.

Yes, I'm suspicious as hell.
The free promo may have flagged Gurumin originally, which could have been why it took longer to get greenlit. That's my guess.

Even then, Mind Zero is much newer and more people may know about it due to that. While Gurumin is supposed to be a good game, it's pretty old. I honestly hadn't heard of it until I saw it on greenlight, while I knew of Mind Zero before then.
Gurumin's Greenlight page was posted on July 18th; by September 5th, it was greenlit. A month and a half is not a long time for a game to go through the process, some games are on there for years.

As spoder said, you're comparing a PSP game that came out in 2007 (US) to a Vita game that came out in 2014 (US), so yes, the newer game is going to be more popular. Aksys has done a better job promoting Mind Zero's Greenlight page than Mastiff did with Gurumin's, as Aksys has many more email subscribers and sent word of the game to various big outlets. Mind Zero also benefits from comparisons to the Persona series, which is incredibly popular both in and outside the US.

Hack n' Slash is coming out of early access tomorrow. There were only 2 updates for it the whole time it was on early access lol.

I prefer SH1, 2 + 3 all over SH4.

SH1+2 are my favorite SH's, from what I've played.

I've still yet to play SH: Homecoming - and I've had that for a long time on Steam.
I haven't played the OG, 2 was my first and favorite. I actually like 4 better than 3, I like the claustrophobia/paranoia aspect of being in the confines of someplace you would normally consider safe haven. Homecoming is OK, a good game on it's own, but really started the drift of the SH franchise imo. I haven't played it on PC yet, but plan to go through all my SH games this Halloween.

We doin the best Silent Hill games? ok my turn. This is my franchise rite here.

1. Silent Hill 2

2. Silent Hill

3. Silent Hill 3

4. Silent Hill 4: The Room

5. Silent Hill Shattered Memories

6. Silent Hill Homecoming

7. Silent Hill Origins

8. Silent Hill Downpour(turrible game)

...DotEmu has a history of making half-baked emulation packages and abandoning them without updates.

...I wonder why companies keep going to them to port their games. They're awful. I used to think Terminal Reality (Metal Slug Anthology, SNK Arcade Classics Vol. 1, KOF The Orochi Saga US Edition), was bad, but at least they had the decency to package their crappy emulators with fairly awesome extras.
Ah that sucks. Those are such great games that it's a shame to see them get released without the packaging they deserve.

1. Silent Hill 2

2. Silent Hill

3. Silent Hill 3

7. Silent Hill Origins

Not bad, I thought Shatter Memories was about on par with Downpour though. Both series lows for me.

You guys can just end the list at Silent Hill 4. None of the games were good after 3, but 4 was a real pain in the ass and deserves credit for having no killable enemies.

I touched my hard copy of Silent Hill 3 yesterday because I grabbed all the boxes of stuff I already have on Steam, stuffed 'em into two paper shopping bags and took them to Half Price Books (RIP Goozex). Was pleasantly surprised to get $14 for the lot, considering a lot of it came from HPB's clearance section to begin with.

Noticed that they still used copies of stuff like Skyrim.

I touched my hard copy of Silent Hill 3 yesterday because I grabbed all the boxes of stuff I already have on Steam, stuffed 'em into two paper shopping bags and took them to Half Price Books (RIP Goozex). Was pleasantly surprised to get $14 for the lot, considering a lot of it came from HPB's clearance section to begin with.

Noticed that they still used copies of stuff like Skyrim.
*talks to the game box*

Tell us where that man touched you.

*talks to the game box*

Tell us where that man touched you.
progressive-the-box-large-4.jpg

If tebow was actually a chick, he wouldn't have reacted the way he did when Drabes started insinuating that tebow might be into dudes. So yeah, that sort of revelation would kinda surprise me.

BTW, is that actually a pic of tebow that mysterd posted? If anybody else had posted the pic, I would have just assumed that it was a goofy pic that somebody pulled off of google image search. But that sort of clowning around with another poster doesn't strike me as the sort of thing that mysterd would do.

Sort of reminds me of Duane Dibbley. Red Dwarf fans will recognize that reference.

BTW, is that actually a pic of tebow that mysterd posted? If anybody else had posted the pic, I would have just assumed that it was a goofy pic that somebody pulled off of google image search. But that sort of clowning around with another poster doesn't strike me as the sort of thing that mysterd would do.
That avatar-pic's from Tebow's actual Twitter account.

1. Silent Hill 2

2. Silent Hill

3. Silent Hill 3

7. Silent Hill Origins

Finally someone who puts Downpour where it belongs.

[typical MysterD comment]

Konami should get all of their SH games on the PC and onto Steam - especially ones that ain't even hit the PC.

[/typical MysterD comment]
Awww, look! He's feigning self-awareness.

If tebow was actually a chick, he wouldn't have reacted the way he did when Drabes started insinuating that tebow might be into dudes. So yeah, that sort of revelation would kinda surprise me.
Not all chicks are into dudes. If you saw Tebow and her longtime partner you'd know not to make assumptions.

Sort of reminds me of Duane Dibbley. Red Dwarf fans will recognize that reference.
how the heck can tebow is into dudes? he posted a shit load of half naked wrestling chick photos.. if anything, i'd say he is into butch women

ope. You can't source port anything without the source. There are workarounds, but that's it.

I still remember finding Silent Hill 4 (PC) at a local Big Lots store for five bucks then leaving it there because I was an idiot.
Resident Evil 5 and both versions of Dead Rising 2 are apparently being ported to Steamworks.

http://www.capcom-unity.com/brelston/blog/2014/09/08/resident-evil-5-dead-rising-2-and-off-the-record-coming-to-steamworks

No news on the other games. SFxT and RE: Operation Raccoon City are likely dead.
u forget lpecce and lp2 is prolly dead too since no news them either

Tebow won a Pulitzer Prize.
proof?

I bought Silent Hill 4: The Room, sealed retail box. {Wheeeee.}

MysterD, is this how you feel?
Why are you so happy? The Room was the worst Silent Hill game I've played. Let's be honest. It's not even a Silent Hill game. Not really.

I haven't played the OG, 2 was my first and favorite. I actually like 4 better than 3, I like the claustrophobia/paranoia aspect of being in the confines of someplace you would normally consider safe haven. Homecoming is OK, a good game on it's own, but really started the drift of the SH franchise imo. I haven't played it on PC yet, but plan to go through all my SH games this Halloween.
You're missing out, not playing the first one. It is fantastic. It was so dark and scary, I quit twice and deleted the data before playing through to the end on the third time. Turns out, I loved being scared by it.

1. Silent Hill 2

2. Silent Hill

3. Silent Hill 3

7. Silent Hill Origins

If you say so. Mine:

1. Silent Hill.

2. Silent Hill 2.

3. Silent Hill Origins. (Haven't gotten very far in this one.)

4. Silent Hill 4.

Haven't played the others.

SH2 is objectively the best silent hill, just off the strength of the OST.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TAgjyN9Bo4Y

Damn son.
THe soundtrack was decent, but SIlent Hill 1>all other Silent Hill games. Nothing like that original game where the ideas are fresh and the creativity is endless.

In all honesty, after 1 and 2, the best Silent Hill is not even a Silent Hill: it's called The Cat Lady and more people should recognize it, as it could very well be a true Silent Hill in all but the name.

Psychological thriller? Check.

Nightmarish parallel world? Check (even though the real world in the game is bleak enough already).

Hidden symbolism? Check.

Creepy moments? Double check.

Haunting soundtrack? Effing check.

Seriously, if you're an old time Silent Hill fan, you should play this at all costs (and help greenlighting Downfall, another adventure by the same developer which is nicely tied into The Cat Lady).

[quote name="Junpei" post="12078774" timestamp="1410254101"]In all honesty, after 1 and 2, the best Silent Hill is not even a Silent Hill: it's called The Cat Lady and more people should recognize it, as it could very well be a true Silent Hill in all but the name.

Nightmarish parallel world? Check (even though the real world in the game is bleak enough already).
Hidden symbolism? Check.

Seriously, if you're an old time Silent Hill fan, you should play this at all costs (and help greenlighting Downfall, another adventure by the same developer which is nicely tied into The Cat Lady).[/quote]

Eff that! I was gonna play that game (sometime), but not now. I had to use a Gameshark + volume mute to get thru the first Silent Hill. That game creeps me out even now...stupid radio static sound.

In all honesty, after 1 and 2, the best Silent Hill is not even a Silent Hill: it's called The Cat Lady and more people should recognize it, as it could very well be a true Silent Hill in all but the name.

Hidden symbolism? Check.

Seriously, if you're an old time Silent Hill fan, you should play this at all costs (and help greenlighting Downfall, another adventure by the same developer which is nicely tied into The Cat Lady).
Hou, that looks good. Someone let me know if it goes on sale. Or if someone has a key they don't need, I'll buy it off them.

Eff that! I was gonna play that game (sometime), but not now. I had to use a Gameshark + volume mute to get thru the first Silent Hill. That game creeps me out even now...stupid radio static sound.
I can assure you that The Cat Lady contains subtler amounts of spookyness, mostly conveyed through dialogues and descriptions... even though it has its fair share of jump scares and NOPE moments, too :twisted:

Hou, that looks good. Someone let me know if it goes on sale. Or if someone has a key they don't need, I'll buy it off them.
IIRC, you should be able to find it floating around .70 cents in the trade thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back