Steam Deals Thread V13 ~ Star Wars Empire at War $6.80 | The Legend of Korra $10.04 | Red Faction Guerrilla $2.99 |

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrNinjaSquirrel

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
Summer sale has come and gone; welcome to the Steam Deals Thread V13!

Stop: Before you go any further be sure you are using Enhanced Steam. It will save you a lot of time and embarrassment in the future.

Daily Deal
Star Wars: Empire at War Gold Edition - $19.99 $6.80

Yesterday's Deal

N/A

Midweek Madness
The Legend of Korra - $14.99 $10.04

Red Faction - $9.99 $1.49
Red Faction II - $9.99 $1.49
Red Faction Armageddon - $19.99 $2.99
Red Faction Guerrilla - $19.99 $2.99 

Thanks to EastX, Detruire, Psydero, and everyone else that has contributed to the thread!

Last edited by a moderator:
Which Ass Creed should I buy, not having played any except Black Flag? I loved it, but my least favorite parts were the eavesdropping missions. I even liked the diving bell stuff.
Assassin's Creed Freedom Cry is a small standalone game built using AC4. (it was originally DLC for it) so...more of the same, in a bitesize amount.

AC2>AC:Brotherhood>AC4>AC3>AC:Revelations>AC1

AC Revelations is underrated. Some aspects of the story are weaker than the other Ezio games but they also do some really cool stuff, like with Altair. Everything else is better from a gameplay perspective. The two things that get the most criticism are optional, and you can 100% sync the game without doing them. That's my opinion, deal with it.

AC Revelations is underrated. Some aspects of the story are weaker than the other Ezio games but they also do some really cool stuff, like with Altair. Everything else is better from a gameplay perspective. The two things that get the most criticism are optional, and you can 100% sync the game without doing them. That's my opinion, deal with it.
Sorry, but I think we have to disagree to this one.

I did much less side-questing in ACR than any of the other AC Ezio's + AC3.

While I preferred ACR's story + character stuff for sure - for me, the gameplay there was nowhere as interesting for me as AC3. For me, that gameplay was a very big deal here - b/c after AC2 + ACB, I was really looking for more mission types that I liked and more interesting gameplay stuff. ACR felt like too much of the same gameplay-wise, after AC2 + ACB.

AC3 supplied enough of the gameplay stuff I was looking for (the hunting stuff, naval missions were awesome, able to platform and parkour around trees) + I loved the setting & its huge areas (Boston in the founding of our country). I already spoke on not caring too much for Connor's character + the ridiculousness of in the story Connor showing up at every important moment in the attempt to found the USA - but I certainly just had a blast w/ just playing that game, unlike ACR.

EDIT:

AC2>AC:Brotherhood>AC4>AC3>AC:Revelations>AC1
I have yet to play AC4 - but I do have a feeling, my AC list might turn out very similar to yours, once I actually buy + play AC4.

I so am waiting for killer AC4 sale - the gameplay in that looks awesome.

Now, if only I can find an absolutely killer AC4 sale - b/c most of the sales on that game, ain't been cutting it for my CAG-style, if you ask me.

Hopefully, the upcoming release of both AC Rogue + ACU can cause some kind of price-drop on AC4.

I didn't realize how much the price has fallen on my card.
Stupid Maxwell release has all the prices jacked up. I knew I should have sold my 7870 a month ago. Now, I'll be lucky if I can get enough for gas money.

I do like Sapphire boards, btw. I loved my 4850x2 way back when and my current 290X has been pretty decent as well.

Not sure if posted already, but GMG has an Evil Within + Season Pass bundle for $66 and it comes down to $53 after 20% off voucher. Assume this is will be one of the better deals for the pre-order.  

The Evil Within is high on my wishlist, but I don't think it's pre-order high enough. I don't know what it is, but I'm both hyped and skeptical about this title.

Daily Deal
Carmageddon: Reincarnation - $29.99 $17.99 [customspoiler="Also Includes"]

[/customspoiler]
Man, I've been waiting for it to drop for what seems like forever. It's still outside my $15 absolute max (only rarely will I pay more than my standard $10 max for a game) for digital games but I didn't know it came with Carmageddon 1 & 2 as well. That makes it much more pallatable.

If for some bizarre reason you still haven't played this, get it now! Too bad it's not the Ultimate Edition, though.
which, if you ever want it is going to be cheaper to get the entire UE edition than ever getting the DLC separately with 'bioware points'. Horrible system.

Most of the DLC is very skippable though.  And Awakenings wasn't any great shakes, either.

But, worst comes to worst, just play the vanilla game and if you loved it so much you just HAVE to play some mini-stories and Awakenings then you know to buy the Ultimate Edition when it comes up.  If you loved DA:O that much, you'll probably want to play it again with a different race/class combo anyway.

Sorry, but I think we have to disagree to this one.

I did much less side-questing in ACR than any of the other AC Ezio's + AC3.

While I preferred ACR's story + character stuff for sure - for me, the gameplay there was nowhere as interesting for me as AC3. For me, that gameplay was a very big deal here - b/c after AC2 + ACB, I was really looking for more mission types that I liked and more interesting gameplay stuff. ACR felt like too much of the same gameplay-wise, after AC2 + ACB.

AC3 supplied enough of the gameplay stuff I was looking for (the hunting stuff, naval missions were awesome, able to platform and parkour around trees) + I loved the setting & its huge areas (Boston in the founding of our country). I already spoke on not caring too much for Connor's character + the ridiculousness of in the story Connor showing up at every important moment in the attempt to found the USA - but I certainly just had a blast w/ just playing that game, unlike ACR.

EDIT:

I have yet to play AC4 - but I do have a feeling, my AC list might turn out very similar to yours, once I actually buy + play AC4.

I so am waiting for killer AC4 sale - the gameplay in that looks awesome.

Now, if only I can find an absolutely killer AC4 sale - b/c most of the sales on that game, ain't been cutting it for my CAG-style, if you ask me.

Hopefully, the upcoming release of both AC Rogue + ACU can cause some kind of price-drop on AC4.
It's been a while for me so all of the Ezio trilogy blends together at this point. From my memory, I believe I enjoyed AC: Brotherhood more than AC: 2, but they were pretty close with Brotherhood just building on AC: 2. I think Revelations ended up being just too much of the same and I didn't enjoy the Desmond platforming sections.

But I'm also one of the few that preferred AC 3. While the story and characters were worse than 2, the new setting was a welcome change, and I was really suprised how seamless the tree running was. Beyond that AC 3 introduced the naval gameplay which was one of the best parts of the game. I haven't played 4 yet, but it seems that AC3 had the building blocks of 4, Black Flag just took those and refined them and made a better game out of them.

Just tell him right after sex, he'll be more likely to want to reward you.
iEsJ4OH.gif

can anyones answer this  

got a game called

QUESTRUN i could  swear i seen another game just like it    on  steam but now cant find it.    tried google but was no good 

Man, I've been waiting for it to drop for what seems like forever. It's still outside my $15 absolute max (only rarely will I pay more than my standard $10 max for a game) for digital games but I didn't know it came with Carmageddon 1 & 2 as well. That makes it much more pallatable.
I'm with you...I can't remember the last time I paid that much for a game (or bundle) but damn I want this game! And Carma 1 & 2 will keep me busy until the new one is finished so this is getting purchased.

I just got my GTX 770!

This thing is fuck ing amazing!

Games look so good it's almost criminal.

Shit runs so smooth.

It's great!

I just got my GTX 770!

This thing is fuck ing amazing!

Games look so good it's almost criminal.

Shit runs so smooth.

It's great!
I've been a little underwhelmed with it, I expected better but all I've really been able to do is turn up a few settings one notch higher than with my 560 Ti. I had this idea that I'd be maxing out most games. Then you have shitty games like Shadow of Morder that can't even run High textures at 60fps cause that requires 3GB vram. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back