Steam Deals Thread V13 ~ Star Wars Empire at War $6.80 | The Legend of Korra $10.04 | Red Faction Guerrilla $2.99 |

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrNinjaSquirrel

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
Summer sale has come and gone; welcome to the Steam Deals Thread V13!

Stop: Before you go any further be sure you are using Enhanced Steam. It will save you a lot of time and embarrassment in the future.

Daily Deal
Star Wars: Empire at War Gold Edition - $19.99 $6.80

Yesterday's Deal

N/A

Midweek Madness
The Legend of Korra - $14.99 $10.04

Red Faction - $9.99 $1.49
Red Faction II - $9.99 $1.49
Red Faction Armageddon - $19.99 $2.99
Red Faction Guerrilla - $19.99 $2.99 

Thanks to EastX, Detruire, Psydero, and everyone else that has contributed to the thread!

Last edited by a moderator:
oh the drama that is Carmageddon Reincarnation.. with broken promise, back peddle and lock thread (well, they deleted thread first but someone used googlecache to expose them so they start locking it now)

another EA goes downhill

http://steamcommunity.com/app/249380/discussions/0/613938575206914760/#p1
That sucks for those who bought the game believing what the devs said about sales during EA. I can certainly see why they'd be pissed. But I'm still gonna buy the game when it hits $5. For me, this doesn't even come close to boycott levels of scumbaggery. It just reinforces my already established position that I shouldn't buy EA games (unless I can get them cheap in a bundle).

I figured that the games not yet idled were the ones that did not yet have cards. No one puts off idling these days.
024a800ae3.png

I am in no rush.

/rightreservedtoregretthiscomewintersale

"Final Fantasy XIII has been optimised for PC, featuring full screen support"

At least it's finally a game with full screen support. :D
This is listed also in the minimum req's on the Steam-page

Additional Notes:

• *Full screen display mode will only run on an environment that supports a screen resolution of 1280 x 720.
Let's just hope that's just the min and also not the max.

I just got my GTX 770!

This thing is fuck ing amazing!

Games look so good it's almost criminal.

Shit runs so smooth.

It's great!
$330 bucks gets you a reference model 970 which completely destroys the 770, not only in performance but power efficiency. Why in the hell would anyone buy a 770 when the average model retails for $300??

$330 bucks gets you a reference model 970 which completely destroys the 770, not only in performance but power efficiency. Why in the hell would anyone buy a 770 when the average model retails for $300??
Dude some people can only get what they can get. The only reason I even have a PC is because my brother is a very generous person. I'm fuck ing lucky as hell to have any video board at all now. This is the best system I've ever had or am likely to have for the next several years. I'm just glad I even get to enjoy PC gaming in the first place.

It was used? (that's what I assumed anyway :p)

GTX970 is still helluva expensive in Finland and basically zero availability. :(

GTX970 is still helluva expensive in Finland and basically zero availability. :(
I always forget about 3rd world tech tax, that's a shame. The availability here in the US is pretty spotty too but Newegg has been pretty good about quickly restocking for the most part.

It wasn't used I stated several pages ago that this is my first brand new video board. My brother bought it for me and after rebate it only cost $250. That's $100 cheaper than the cheapest 970 on the site it was bought from and that's only if/when they even have 970's in stock. That $100 difference isn't anything to sneeze at for me or my family. We don't just go slapping people upside the face with 100 dollar bills all day long like some people assume all people can afford to do.

Last edited:
It wasn't used I stated several pages ago that this is my first brand new video board. My brother bought it for me and after rebate it only cost $250. That's $100 cheaper than the cheapest 970 on the site it was bought from and that's only if/when they even have 970's in stock. That $100 difference isn't anything to sneeze at for me or my family. We don't just go slapping people upside the face with 100 dollar bills all day long like some people assume all people can afford to do.
Simmer down, Slick. I just asked why anyone would do that. I don't ever factor in a rebate when pricing checking as I either always forget to do it in time or the rebate process is complete shit and takes 3 months.

Simmer down, Slick. I just asked why anyone would do that. I don't ever factor in a rebate when pricing checking as I either always forget to do it in time or the rebate process is complete shit and takes 3 months.
You forget that a lot of my posts are usually in a joking tone. I wasn't getting pissed.

Anyway even without rebate there is quite a price difference between the 770 my bro bought me and the cheapest 970 on newegg now.

This is my board.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814127741&cm_re=gtx_770-_-14-127-741-_-Product

This is the cheapest 970 available now on newegg.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814487076&cm_re=gtx_970-_-14-487-076-_-Product

Missed that.

I always forget about 3rd world tech tax, that's a shame. The availability here in the US is pretty spotty too but Newegg has been pretty good about quickly restocking for the most part.
Also has to do with European VAT. (24% in Finland)

Basically it's around here 400€, which is almost cost of 980 in US.

Missed that.

Also has to do with European VAT. (24% in Finland)

Basically it's around here 400€, which is almost cost of 980 in US.
Jesus Marimba your government really dicks you people don't they? And people say shits out of control here.

My condolences.

Last edited:
You forget that a lot of my posts are usually in a joking tone. I wasn't getting pissed.

Anyway even without rebate there is quite a price difference between the 770 my bro bought me and the cheapest 970 on newegg now.

This is my board.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814127741&cm_re=gtx_770-_-14-127-741-_-Product

This is the cheapest 970 available now on newegg.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814487076&cm_re=gtx_970-_-14-487-076-_-Product
And you forgot that all of my posts are in an asshole tone, so take that! That 770 model you got is indeed a nice model, I tend to only do MSI with Frozr cooling or Gigabyte with WindForce cooling when I do my yearly upgrades. Also, to be fair, the $330 970 models come in and out of stock fairly regularly on Newegg.

And you forgot that all of my posts are in an asshole tone, so take that! That 770 model you got is indeed a nice model, I tend to only do MSI with Frozr cooling or Gigabyte with WindForce cooling when I do my yearly upgrades. Also, to be fair, the $330 970 models come in and out of stock fairly regularly on Newegg.
Still a bigger difference than we'd like. It's all good by the way. Unless it's not and if so fuck you.

Last edited:
I was just watching The Nostalgia Critic's episode about Captain N and realised something.

Doctor Who ripped off Captain N.

Captain N's Mother Brain.

captain-n_L02.jpg

Doctor Who's Cassandra.

tumblr_inline_mzeoakT2NB1rkuju9.jpg

Just a random thought I had.

Feel free to go about your business.

I've never understood why people go nutso over the cutting edge video cards.  Not only do they pay 500 bucks for some card that will be a third of the price in a very short time, but they buy two, three or even four of the things.  Even worse, most of the time there are only a handful of games that can even push the capabilities of such cards.

I'd much rather tail behind the wave of new card fads, get those same cards for 150 bucks and still play almost everything at max settings.

I'm sure there are some 60 dollar new releases that could kick the heck out of my 2GB Geforce 560 Ti, but it's not like I buy games at 50 and 60 bucks anyway.

I've never understood why people go nutso over the cutting edge video cards. Not only do they pay 500 bucks for some card that will be a third of the price in a very short time, but they buy two, three or even four of the things. Even worse, most of the time there are only a handful of games that can even push the capabilities of such cards.

I'd much rather tail behind the wave of new card fads, get those same cards for 150 bucks and still play almost everything at max settings.

I'm sure there are some 60 dollar new releases that could kick the heck out of my 2GB Geforce 560 Ti, but it's not like I buy games at 50 and 60 bucks anyway.
Well as far as I've heard the only ones that usually buy more than two are Bitcoin miners or developers.

There apparently is such a thing as quad sli now but I think that's not really meant for just playing games.

Probably more useful for things like on the fly game programming and hd video editing for professional jobs and the like.

Last edited:
I've never understood why people go nutso over the cutting edge video cards. Not only do they pay 500 bucks for some card that will be a third of the price in a very short time, but they buy two, three or even four of the things. Even worse, most of the time there are only a handful of games that can even push the capabilities of such cards.

I've never understood why people complain about other people spending money or what their hobbies and interests are. Most people spending money on cutting edge tech do it because they love the tech and/or love to bench and OC. Not to mention, these same people are NOT gaming at 1080p but 1440p/2k/4k resolutions which absolutely REQUIRE the hardware to run at 60+ FPS.

I like to tinker with my PC and constantly upgrade or rebuild. It's the same thing with dozens of other hobbies. For example, lots of people like to dabble with their cars/hot rods. Seeing as I couldn't change my oil to save my life in my car, this is the next best thing.

I've never understood why people complain about other people spending money or what their hobbies and interests are. Most people spending money on cutting edge tech do it because they love the tech and/or love to bench and OC. Not to mention, these same people are NOT gaming at 1080p but 1440p/2k/4k resolutions which absolutely REQUIRE the hardware to run at 60+ FPS.

I like to tinker with my PC and constantly upgrade or rebuild. It's the same thing with dozens of other hobbies. For example, lots of people like to dabble with their cars/hot rods. Seeing as I couldn't change my oil to save my life in my car, this is the next best thing.
I actually forgot about the 4k angle. Yes enthusiasts always like to get new shit all the time. One of the main reasons I have a constantly updating rig is because once my brother find a new shiny to put in his he throws the old one my way.

Haha, I wasn't complaining about people forking out their money on new equipment.  I just think it's kinda funny considering where we are.  After all, this is the place where there are plenty of people  won't buy a discounted game because it's 66 percent off instead of 75.  :lol: 

The gtx 970 is a "bargain" when all things are considered.

I myself still have a gtx 560ti (1gb release version), but it does really well handling most games. I can still max out most games at 45-60fps, and the only game I've really had any issues running was the original Crysis and even then all I had to do was turn down a couple things and I could run it at high settings with pretty good fps. I feel my gtx 560ti is adequate for what I use it for. Besides like the poster I quoted said, I don't buy these newer $50=$60 games. The newest game I have in my library is probably BF3.

Haha, I wasn't complaining about people forking out their money on new equipment. I just think it's kinda funny considering where we are. After all, this is the place where there are plenty of people won't buy a discounted game because it's 66 percent off instead of 75. :lol:
All those pennies saved go towards my $400 GPU!

edit: I am sadly still running a 5750 and a i7 920 that I built 5 years ago, yet have 1000+ games on Steam :\

A sock filled with 10,000 pennies is much more funner to be slapping with. Tell your manwhoreservant to get with it.
I once hit a friend with a condom full of pennies. Then the condom broke open (who'd have guessed) and I had about four hundred lube coated pennies scattered around the room. Anyway, alcohol was involved.

i just installed a 128gb ssd and im confused on steam directory's, i set the game path to read games of my terabyte.but since im launching steam from my ssd i cant figure out how to get my hdd saves to work without transferring them to my ssd..  

i just installed a 128gb ssd and im confused on steam directory's, i set the game path to read games of my terabyte.but since im launching steam from my ssd i cant figure out how to get my hdd saves to work without transferring them to my ssd..
Someday still will get better on the issue of having things installed in multiple locations and it not getting confused as hell solved....someday. Least it has a decent GUI now!

Well as far as I've heard the only ones that usually buy more than two are Bitcoin miners or developers.

There apparently is such a thing as quad sli now but I think that's not really meant for just playing games.

Probably more useful for things like on the fly game programming and hd video editing for professional jobs and the like.
I would hope not, that would be a giant waste of money. At this point gfx cards are basically worthless for mining because of the asic market. The cost of powering a gfx card to do mining makes the ROI on mining with one very small at this point

Depending on the game, the saves will work automatically. Some games store their save game data to specific folders in My Documents or similar areas so you don't have to change a thing.

Depending on the game, the saves will work automatically. Some games store their save game data to specific folders in My Documents or similar areas so you don't have to change a thing.
Yeah i noticed the witcher enhanced edition saves work perfectly,luckily its the game im currently playing.really dont like the ssd setup,honestly rather have all my things in one place.

Well some other games just store their game saves in the same folder where the game is. So moving the data from one drive to another should theoretically work.

http://pcgamingwiki.com/ has a list of save game locations, you can use it to look up a game in case something is missing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back