Steam Deals Thread V13 ~ Star Wars Empire at War $6.80 | The Legend of Korra $10.04 | Red Faction Guerrilla $2.99 |

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrNinjaSquirrel

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
Summer sale has come and gone; welcome to the Steam Deals Thread V13!

Stop: Before you go any further be sure you are using Enhanced Steam. It will save you a lot of time and embarrassment in the future.

Daily Deal
Star Wars: Empire at War Gold Edition - $19.99 $6.80

Yesterday's Deal

N/A

Midweek Madness
The Legend of Korra - $14.99 $10.04

Red Faction - $9.99 $1.49
Red Faction II - $9.99 $1.49
Red Faction Armageddon - $19.99 $2.99
Red Faction Guerrilla - $19.99 $2.99 

Thanks to EastX, Detruire, Psydero, and everyone else that has contributed to the thread!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hal - just bought the Sega Bundle yesterday was like 10 keys Sega packs 1 - 4 each got their own key. Rest were Sonic titles and the Toe Jam Keys. Worth it alone for Big Earl !

I'm confused, is the Sega Mega Collection really integrated with Steam or no?  According to the customer reviews on Amazon, people keep saying it's advertised as a Steam game but really isn't.

It is a really fun game and this is coming from someone who usually hates turn based combat.
As a fan of the series from the very beginning, I've been dying to play it. I skipped it this time and am gambling it will be that price or better from somewhere in the next month. I hope that doesn't come back to haunt me and I end up waiting another year for it to get close to $10.

Now I'm confused. Murdered at Strider's price. I loved strider on Genesis, but this new one... I don't know. And Murdered looks great, but I've seen reviews and it seems it is shallow and a bit boring. Any thoughts of people who have played any of them?

I'm also playing Medal of Honor, and I'm liking it so far. Is the last one (warfighter) good too? Is on sale at origin

As a fan of the series from the very beginning, I've been dying to play it. I skipped it this time and am gambling it will be that price or better from somewhere in the next month. I hope that doesn't come back to haunt me and I end up waiting another year for it to get close to $10.

another deal is buying Lara Croft new game ($18) or Tales from the Borderlands ($25) from uplay, you get a free steam key for South Park with either one. Deal is good until Dec 15th.

http://shop.ubi.com/store/ubina/en_US/html/pbPage.BOGO
Hal, you consider doing this deal? Buy Tales from Borderlands for $25, sell it off for $15 and get South Park for $10? You could probably find someone to do that.

Now I'm confused. Murdered at Strider's price. I loved strider on Genesis, but this new one... I don't know. And Murdered looks great, but I've seen reviews and it seems it is shallow and a bit boring. Any thoughts of people who have played any of them? I'm also playing Medal of Honor, and I'm liking it so far. Is the last one (warfighter) good too? Is on sale at origin
I really loved Murdered and put a ton of time into it. I think I was still left with a few things to 100% it, but I am going back to finish it. I guess it's sort of short and it's in the Telltale games category of games where the gameplay can be secondary to the story. So I would say depending on how strongly you feel about TWD and TWAU then use that as a basis for Murdered. I know some people loved those and weren't all that into Murdered, but I thought it was really good despite being a little short and shallow.

Hal, you consider doing this deal? Buy Tales from Borderlands for $25, sell it off for $15 and get South Park for $10? You could probably find someone to do that.
I want Tales from Borderlands, so I'd probably end up keeping instead of selling it, and that would make both games end up being more than I want to pay. The Lara game is another option to pair up for that deal and I can't help but think it'll end up being $5 in under a year.

I want Tales from Borderlands, so I'd probably end up keeping instead of selling it, and that would make both games end up being more than I want to pay. The Lara game is another option to pair up for that deal and I can't help but think it'll end up being $5 in under a year.
Squeeidosnix = -75% after ~4 months.

-75% in May 2015 by latest!

I wish it got added to AMD Never Settle.

I really loved Murdered and put a ton of time into it. I think I was still left with a few things to 100% it, but I am going back to finish it. I guess it's sort of short and it's in the Telltale games category of games where the gameplay can be secondary to the story. So I would say depending on how strongly you feel about TWD and TWAU then use that as a basis for Murdered. I know some people loved those and weren't all that into Murdered, but I thought it was really good despite being a little short and shallow.
I loved TWD (still waiting for TWAU and TWD2 to be cheap enough). If murdered has an interesting story, I think I'll like it. It seems to have more gameplay than those Telltale games. Watching some videos I could sense a bit of Tex Murphy stuff there.

I loved TWD (still waiting for TWAU and TWD2 to be cheap enough). If murdered has an interesting story, I think I'll like it. It seems to have more gameplay than those Telltale games. Watching some videos I could sense a bit of Tex Murphy stuff there.
I like the story in Murdered a lot. The main difference is Murdered has more action sequences and no "choice" (which I mean TWD sort of leads you to the same conclusion anyway). Murdered has a main store and then a lot of lore/side stories you can unlock by getting the collectibles. That stuff to me was great and motivated me to try to get them all.

Combat has to be one of worst parts of Murdered and only gameplay apart from that is finding TRIGGERs for clues. You see clue, just fine but can't just have correct position to be able to 'activate' it. :p

Combat has to be one of worst parts of Murdered and only gameplay apart from that is finding TRIGGERs for clues. You see clue, just fine but can't just have correct position to be able to 'activate' it. :p
Well, "Combat" should really be stealth because that's the best way to play - try to avoid combat by stealth. I didn't have a huge trigger problem with the main game. With the collectibles it was an issue from time to time, but nothing that took away from the game.

Being an adventure game pixel hunting is sort of to be expected.

I like the story in Murdered a lot. The main difference is Murdered has more action sequences and no "choice" (which I mean TWD sort of leads you to the same conclusion anyway). Murdered has a main store and then a lot of lore/side stories you can unlock by getting the collectibles. That stuff to me was great and motivated me to try to get them all.
I don't usually replay games (don't usually finish them either xD), so I have no problem with the game not having "choices". 400 days had more significant choices than the main game, but I liked them both. I also read Murdered was around 10 hours and some people taked that as a Cons. I like that length. Darkness 2 and SpecOps were shorter and I enjoyed them both

Also, Strider will be cheaper on a few months. Getting Murdered: soul suspect for $1 (after credits) is "more CAGly" ;)

That's because "combat" was tacked on for some reason. This wasn't planned to be an action game. Someone in management decided to add it, and all the other pointless hiding spots on the map where there is never any combat.

And then there's the cut stuff...

If you like TWD (and probably TWAU), should check out The Detail, similar game play style and story seemed decent to me (though I'm a poor judge xD). Only one episode out at the moment and playership seems low which is concerning (and part why I'm mentioning the game >.>).

Also Murdered is $5.99 on GMG VIP? Damn got to get in on that, probably won't be able to play it for awhile but can finally use the $4 something in credit so don't have to keep staring at it (and remembering when earning credit without spending 60 bucks a week was possible...)

Nice - I got 699 games on Steam...

Almost on 700.

Not bad for someone who can't stop buying games from retail + so many different PC game services...

I guess I'll play it on PS4 then.

Edit: Amazon has Call of Duty Ghosts for 9.95. http://www.amazon.com/dp/B003O6CB6S/ref=gb1h_tit_m-4_6602_f3327b92?smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER

It's a boxed DVD copy which comes with a steam key of course. Maybe some of you are interested?
83% off an Activision game = RARE.

83% off a COD game = RARE.

I need a free shipping coupon or something - and I'd be all over that.

That or find some more retail-boxed PC games w/ worthwhile sales, so I spend over $35 to get free shipping.

EDIT - 9:36pm EST:

So far, looks like I'm tossing the towel in.

Can't find anything to make me hit over $35 that's a worthwhile deal...

Pie-Rat.jpeg

That or find some more retail-boxed PC games w/ worthwhile sales, so I spend over $35 to get free shipping.
It is more rare that people are still buying those games at those prices

So....haul time or the sale too poor for people to have one?

Some of this stuff I'm buying pretty soon, just haven't pulled the trigger so I'm counting it:

• This War of Mine (my planned fakeCAG buy)
  • Endless Space
  • Murdered: Soul Suspect (GMG)

Not much, would have picked up a few DLCs if I didn't know there was a Winter Sale coming soon and they'd likely be on sale then. Avoided a game or two (I think, forget now) for the same reason, since I'll dump a bunch of cards I've been hoarding to build up wallet funds again. 

Hoping Door Kickers, Gear City, and maybe FM 15 get a decent mark down for the next sale, I doubt KSP or Wreckfest will go cheap enough to want to pick up, probably get TWD Season 2 next time as well. Figure FM 15 poised for the usual drop to $19.99 around this time and can probably find a way to convince myself to get it even though it's probably bad at the moment (per SI usual "need 3 major patches before the game is good" habit).

Grabbed Murdered from GMG for free after Playfire credit. Glad they have the VIP thing now so I can actually use some of the credit I've built up while still taking advantage of the extra discount.

Not much for me from this weekend's various sales. Picked up Mirror of Fate HD from Steam, Metal Gear Rising from Nuuvem and now Murdered from GMG. Debating Child of Light but I should probably wait for 75% off.

My haul for the week is sooooooo much smaller than last year's.  Not even close.

Picked up:

Lara Croft and the Temple of Osteoporosis (pre-order from Ubisoft B1G1)

Assassin's Creed Black Flag (the free one from the sale)

South Park and the Stick of Truth (Steam)

Dishonored (Steam)

Shadow of Mordor (Amazon)

HIGHLY disappointed that there wasn't a decent sale on Dragon Age Inquisition. 

*sighs*

Family Video had copies for 4.98....precious boxed retail....

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back