Steam Deals Thread V13 ~ Star Wars Empire at War $6.80 | The Legend of Korra $10.04 | Red Faction Guerrilla $2.99 |

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrNinjaSquirrel

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
Summer sale has come and gone; welcome to the Steam Deals Thread V13!

Stop: Before you go any further be sure you are using Enhanced Steam. It will save you a lot of time and embarrassment in the future.

Daily Deal
Star Wars: Empire at War Gold Edition - $19.99 $6.80

Yesterday's Deal

N/A

Midweek Madness
The Legend of Korra - $14.99 $10.04

Red Faction - $9.99 $1.49
Red Faction II - $9.99 $1.49
Red Faction Armageddon - $19.99 $2.99
Red Faction Guerrilla - $19.99 $2.99 

Thanks to EastX, Detruire, Psydero, and everyone else that has contributed to the thread!

Last edited by a moderator:
Yet another sale where this didn't get any discount at all = another bitterly disappointing sale.
It's a video game based on a Uwe Boll movie. It's almost literally a singularity of shitty ideas.

I guess I'll throw up a list like everyone else is doing.

I wasted a little money and fakeybro'd a bit but there were a couple games I really wanted to play now.

All on Steam.

The Evil Within

South Park: The Stick of Truth

Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate HD

Gunhound EX

Shantae: Risky's Revenge

Amazing Princess Sarah

Battleblock Theater

Chuck's Challenge 3D

Squishy the Suicidal Pig

Woah Dave!

Last edited:
My Haul:

Steam Games from Amazon:

Sega Genesis Classic Game Pack

Deadlight

Injustice: Gods Among us

Bioshock Infinite +season pass and columbia's finest

The Banner Saga

South Park: The Stick of Truth +dlc

Bundle Stars:

PIxel Piracy

Batman: Arkham Origins +season pass

Steam:

Deadly Premonition

Defy Gravity

Dynasty Warriors 8 Complete

Five Nights at Freddy's

How to Survive Heatwave Edition

Introversion Complete Pack

Secret of the Magic Crystal

Soul Gambler

SpaceChem 63 Corvi

Unholy Heights

I guess every sale is different for folks.  Some didn't buy anything and I wiped out the top of my wishlist. (of games that are down to decent prices)    I just had to pull the trigger on some games I didn't expect to be so cheap yet.  (like South Park and Dynasty Warriors 8) 

The crazy thing is that my wishlist is bigger than when the sale started. :)

So apparently owners of Primal Carnage who bought the game before November 20th are getting an 85% discount on the "sequel" Primal Carnage: Extinction while anyone who bought it after that date (when it was in the Humble Bundle and during the Exploration Sale) can get 50% off on the new game. Not exactly sure how they're going to make separate discounts based on when the game was added to your account though.

Anyways, 85% off the new game is $3, but it's supposed to be a one-time only discount. Does anyone not care about upgrading that would sell me a copy? Otherwise I think I'm just going to buy the base game and roll the dice that they mess up the discount.

Oh, and the game's out tomorrow.

I feel like I did fairly well this sale season.  My backlog is bigger anyway.

My Haul:

Steam:
Avadon 2: The Corruption
Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2
Castlevania: Lords of Shadow – Mirror of Fate HD
Endless Legend - Classic to Emperor Pack
The Banner Saga
Dungeon of the Endless - Crystal Pack
Octodad: Dadliest Catch
Post Apocalyptic Mayhem - Chaos Pack DLC
Dyad
Defense Grid: Containment Bundle

Nuuvem:
Europa Universalis IV
Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Season Pass
Gods Will Be Watching
Silent Hill Homecoming Retail
The Dark Eye: Chains of Satinav
Memoria

Amazon:
Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor

Indie Gala:
Chaos Domain (Free)

Russian Trader (because I have been wanting these for a while - may even play them):
Desktop Dungeons
Dominions 4
Drox Operative
Drox Operative: Invasion of the Ancients

Bought:

Steam:

Castlevania 2 Lords of Shadow

Castlevania Mirror of Fate

South Park

Ultra Street Fighter IV Upgrade

Assassin's Creed Liberation HD

Assassin's Creed Freedom Cry Standalone (since my copy of ACIV is solely on Uplay)

The Walking Dead Season 2

GreenManGaming:

Goat Simulator

Wolfenstein The New Order

Resident Evil 4 HD

GamersGate:

The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing 2 Complete Pack

Amazon PCDL:

Middle-Earth: Shadow of Mordor

Bundlestars:

Lords of the Fallen

Damage Assessment:

Lucked out that Namco was honest and admitted a Dark Souls 2 DX11 version is coming, which knocked that one off my list.  Not going to waste my money or time since I've already waited this long on the DX9 version (by their own admission).

Tried to use Steam as much as possible because 1) $50 steam card for $40 from ebay and 2) no tax.  I'll start with the ones I let pass by and wish I hadn't.  The Evil Within at $16-ish was probably one I should have bought in hindsight, but buying both Wolfenstein and The Evil Within for a combined $32 (by the time I saw them) in one day felt wrong.  If they offered it at that $16 again, I'd probably get it, but given the reviews it's getting on PC and on the Steam forums (in particular a crash at the cinematic of Act 3 or level 3 or whatever) maybe I dodged a bullet?  Figured I have RE 4HD to play, which is not unlike it.  (Plus RE5 and 6 in my backlog.)

Unless you counted Uplay's BOGO deal that included South Park (prior to this sale never cheaper than $20), Dragon Age Inquisition did not get a sale until yesterday (45 with tax), but $45 with tax is a crap deal on a game I know full well will be far less in three or so months.  I'm sure EA'll have fixed at least some of the UI problems with PC.

The game I expected to buy was South Park.  Imo not worth $20, but would have paid $15.  When it was Uplay BOGO, I considered it and Tales from Borderlands, but then Uplay!  Eh.  When it hit the Steam sale proper, I bit.  Thank you $50 Steam Credit that cost $40.

I'm probably going to regret Lords of the Fallen.  I mean, look at the Steam forums.  It seems like you're LUCKY if it works consistently.  Still, I calculated that $21-ish as a large enough savings to match any deal in the foreseeable future.  (Famous last words.)  It felt like the kind of deal that was accidentally incredible, so I took a chance.

Still debating Child of Light.  60% off seems fair, but since it always has Uplay, I'm iffy on the Steam version (DRM on top of DRM.)

Kinda wish I had picked up OctoDad for $3.75.  Wish I could have caught Wolfenstein and The Evil Within combined for the price they raised them both individually to at either GamersGate or GMG.  Ah well.  You snooze, you lose.  And I snoozed except I was awake.  I just hadn't started checking them at the time.

At this point, the games left for me to watch for are an outrageous deal on Call of Duty Advanced Warfare or Dragon Age Inquisition.  And various indies.  Odd that Call of Duty didn't get its seemingly customary $30 deal this year.  Perhaps they were spooked because they didn't sell many copies of Ghosts last year.

All in all, the damage could have been worse.  Kinda wish Dragon Age Inquisition had come out during its original release date so it'd have been on (real) sale two months later.  Hoping for a good sale on Far Cry 4 and The Crew.

It's a video game based on a Uwe Boll movie. It's almost literally a singularity of shitty ideas.

I guess I'll throw up a list like everyone else is doing.

I wasted a little money and fakeybro'd a bit but there were a couple games I really wanted to play now.

All on Steam.

The Evil Within

South Park: The Stick of Truth

Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate HD

Gunhound EX

Shantae: Risky's Revenge

Amazing Princess Sarah

Battleblock Theater

Chuck's Challenge 3D

Squishy the Suicidal Pig

Woah Dave!
I see that when you spend your own money, your alts relatives accounts go without. Tis not the season of giving?

I have a few freebies to give out. Quote what you want. In an interesting twist dickheads who have been giving me shit lately about the games for relatives thing get priority. (You know who you are.)

Speed Kills

Dead Hungry Diner (Desura and Steam)

Platypus

Nux

Ionball 2

Chaos Domain

Square Heroes (Desura)

Last edited:
I have a few freebies to give out. Quote what you want. In an interesting twist dickheads who have been giving me shit lately about the games for relatives thing get priority. (You know who you are.)

Speed Kills

Platypus

Nux

Ionball 2

Chaos Domain

Square Heroes (Desura)
In that case I'll take Speed Kills.

Here's my list

Steam

Lichdom: Battlemage

Saints Row IV GOTC

Child of Light

Transistor and Sountrack

Payday 2: Big Bank Heist and Payday 2: Hotline Miami

Defcon

The Long Dark

Witcher 2   (gift copy for a friend)

Humble Store

Valiant Hearts

Games Republic

Luftrausers

GMG

PixelJunk Shooter

Thief 2014

Wolfenstein: The New Order

Total War: Rome II Emperor Edition (gift )

Ubistore

Watchdogs for free    with purchase of Lara Croft and the Temple of Osiris

And a new HD from Newegg since I need more space!

Nuuvem

Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor

Speed Kills

Platypus

Nux

Ionball 2

Chaos Domain

Square Heroes (Desura)
I'll take all of them for my Dad's account.

I kid, I kid. He already has all those games ;)

Dead Hungry Diner (Steam)
I haven't been giving you shit, but can I get this anyway? Thanks!

Speed Kills
Platypus
Nux
Ionball 2
Chaos Domain
Square Heroes (Desura)
In an even more interesting twist. Those dickheads own all those because they buy them and don't try to spoder keys for alts.

I haven't been giving you shit, but can I get this anyway? Thanks!
One shit free giveaway coming up.

In an even more interesting twist. Those dickheads own all those because they buy them and don't try to spoder keys for alts.
That would have hit harder had Cheaplikeafox not already asked for one. Unless you were taking a jab at me and Cheaplikeafox as well? Poor fox.

151892_EHEPMGSWXQ3HYQ5GUY25YEUTSJQN56_crying_fox_H220143_L.jpg

Last edited:
One shit free giveaway coming up.

That would have hit harder had Cheaplikeafox not already asked for one. Unless you were taking a jab at me and Cheaplikeafox as well.
He's been silenced for loving women too much. I don't recall him giving you shiit other then when he took the key and revealed that he's your dads AA's sponsors sisters cousin from your step sisters side of the family

Alright, just finished my last Exploration sale purchase.

My Haul

Steam

-Fallout New Vegas Ultimate (Finally 75% off again, now hurry up Dishonoured)

-Fallout Classics Collection

-Borderlands 1 GotY

-Saints Row IV: GotC Edition

-99 Levels to Hell Soundtrack

-Real World Racing: Miami DLC

-Toy Soldiers (YES, I KNOW)

-Stealth Bastard Deluxe Teleporter Levels DLC

-Stealth Bastard Deluxe Soundtrack

-Penny Arcade's On The Rain Slick 3 & 4 Bundle

-BIT.TRIP Collection 2014 (Surprisingly came with a giftable copy of Runner 2 since I owned it beforehand)

-Counter-Strike Condition Zero (I finally own every Valve game)

Blizzard Store

-World of Warcraft Battlechest

Best Buy

-Elder Scrolls Anthology

[customspoiler=Target?] AC Unity Xbone Bundle + Xbone Wireless Controller + Master Chief Collection

Look guys, I CAN FINALLY STOP PLAYING RACING GAMES WITH A KEYBOARD! [/customspoiler]

Overall Impressions:

I feel like this sale wasn't so bad. It was like a Winter Sale-lite. I did pass on a lot of stuff because I knew it'd be in the Winter Sale, possibly even cheaper, but that's okay because the bulk of the money I had went towards my Target purchases anyways.

Elder Scrolls Anthology for $15 is definitely the best deal I snagged this year.

He's been silenced for loving women too much. I don't recall him giving you shiit other then when he took the key and revealed that he's your dads AA's sponsors sisters cousin from your step sisters side of the family
I know. You really want that copy of Platypus but you're just too shy to say so. It's alright no one's going to judge you. We all love you. You are amongst friends. You've done more than enough to earn it. So come on just spit it out. It doesn't take much. Just say the word and it's yours.

pls thanks
No one else has asked for it so why not.

Last edited:

My Haul

Steam

-Borderlands 1 GotY

-BIT.TRIP Collection 2014

Blizzard Store

-World of Warcraft Battlechest

Best Buy

-Elder Scrolls Anthology

[customspoiler=Target?] AC Unity Xbone Bundle + Xbone Wireless Controller + Master Chief Collection

Look guys, I CAN FINALLY STOP PLAYING RACING GAMES WITH A KEYBOARD! [/customspoiler]
I thought you were poor, but it looks like you were just saving your money to become a console pheasant. Well played.

My Haul

Steam

-Borderlands 1 GotY

-BIT.TRIP Collection 2014 (Surprisingly came with a giftable copy of Runner 2 since I owned it beforehand)
Some excellent games and time sinks in there. BL1 and New Vegas are great.

I know. You really want that copy of Platypus but you're just too shy to say so. It's alright no one's going to judge you. We all love you. You are amongst friends. You've done more than enough to earn it. So come on just spit it out. It doesn't take much. Just say the word and it's yours.

No one else has asked for it so why not.
Sadly I have it or I would take it. So instead of taking it for my brother who doesn't even know what steam is. I'll leave it for someone that posts here.

I thought you were poor, but it looks like you were just saving your money to become a console pheasant. Well played.
I wouldn't say "poor", but I technically have only a partial stake in the Xbone as it was a group purchase. I was just the one who stood in line for it and paid for it. That makes it part of my haul, right?

But yes, I still have a 4:3 monitor, and I was not able to enjoy the Halloween sale. :bouncy:

Thanks. Those purchases seemed overdue so it was nice to finally put 'em on the pile.

what the hell? did you just fakeybro Toy Soldiers Complete?
Worse. I got the original.

I wouldn't say "poor", but I technically have only a partial stake in the Xbone as it was a group purchase. I was just the one who stood in line for it and paid for it. That makes it part of my haul, right?

But yes, I still have a 4:3 monitor, and I was not able to enjoy the Halloween sale. :bouncy:

Thanks. Those purchases seemed overdue so it was nice to finally put 'em on the pile.

what the hell? did you just fakeybro Toy Soldiers Complete?
Worse. I got the original.

Lucked out that Namco was honest and admitted a Dark Souls 2 DX11 version is coming, which knocked that one off my list. Not going to waste my money or time since I've already waited this long on the DX9 version (by their own admission).
Remember the olden, golden days when a new Dx version was added via patch and that patch was free?

Remember the olden, golden days when a new Dx version was added via patch and that patch was free?
I remember Red Faction Guerilla, just last month. Along with GFWL removal. :)

http://steamcommunity.com/app/20500/discussions/0/613940477951003365/

I don't think these has been that many DX9->DX11 patches that have been paid nor free. :p

For all hate they get, headsup for Rockstar not releasing last gen GTA V for PC and then 'HD' remake)

GTA IV+EFLC GFWL removal plz.

[quote name="shrinerr" post="12293197" timestamp="1417541151"]well shit bruh don't leave us hanging, what kind of sandwich was it?[/quote]
Cheese sandwich. And a coke.

Speed Kills

Platypus

Nux

Ionball 2

Chaos Domain

Square Heroes (Desura)
Platypus please and thanks!

Speed Kills

Dead Hungry Diner (Desura)

Platypus

Nux

Ionball 2

Chaos Domain

Square Heroes (Desura)
I'm adding Ichi and Ballpoint Universe to this list. Quote what you want.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back