Steam Deals Thread V13 ~ Star Wars Empire at War $6.80 | The Legend of Korra $10.04 | Red Faction Guerrilla $2.99 |

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrNinjaSquirrel

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
Summer sale has come and gone; welcome to the Steam Deals Thread V13!

Stop: Before you go any further be sure you are using Enhanced Steam. It will save you a lot of time and embarrassment in the future.

Daily Deal
Star Wars: Empire at War Gold Edition - $19.99 $6.80

Yesterday's Deal

N/A

Midweek Madness
The Legend of Korra - $14.99 $10.04

Red Faction - $9.99 $1.49
Red Faction II - $9.99 $1.49
Red Faction Armageddon - $19.99 $2.99
Red Faction Guerrilla - $19.99 $2.99 

Thanks to EastX, Detruire, Psydero, and everyone else that has contributed to the thread!

Last edited by a moderator:
Apparently I dont know anyone else who runs the steam beta, but I wonder what does it show you if someone is running the game through the card idler?

I want sonic generations from the humble bundle but the other games look boring... is $3.74 the cheapest generation has been?

Thanks for the site,i guess im buying it.Sucks i paid 1.00 for the other games before beat the average came out.is it possible to just add 2.75 and receive the games?
I think the other matter is - how many other Sonic games do you own on Steam + want there?

B/c there's been bundled-packs w/ Sonic Gen in it before from Steam + Amazon.

Thanks for the site,i guess im buying it.Sucks i paid 1.00 for the other games before beat the average came out.is it possible to just add 2.75 and receive the games?
If you already bought the bundle, you can increase your payment to whatever your BTA amount was. You can access the increase payment option on your bundle link that they emailed you. Should be fairly strait forward, but if you need any further help let me know.

If you already bought the bundle, you can increase your payment to whatever your BTA amount was. You can access the increase payment option on your bundle link that they emailed you. Should be fairly strait forward, but if you need any further help let me know.
thank you found it

Hmm...been wanting Empire at War.
This one only goes on sale sporadically and usually only 50% at that. I waited years and finally bit at 50%. This is a rare case where you might not want to hold out for 75%.

Then again, I promptly backlogged it and haven't played it yet, so take that into consideration.

My sale haul:

Saint's Row IV: Game of the Century upgrade (paid for with card bucks)

Wooo!

Also, just noticed that Killing Floor updated for the Christmas event. Hopefully it doesn't make the server browser any worse than the last update.

This one only goes on sale sporadically and usually only 50% at that. I waited years and finally bit at 50%. This is a rare case where you might not want to hold out for 75%.

Then again, I promptly backlogged it and haven't played it yet, so take that into consideration.
Already grabbed it and started playing through the tutorial missions. VERY glad I bought. It should scratch the Star Wars itch until December of next year when the new movie comes out.

What I really like about it is that it doesn't get caught up in resource gathering and there is a nice mix of ground battles (a la Starcraft) and space battles with capitol ships.

You can even build the mutha frackin' Death Star, ese'!

Anybody ready for an Assassin's Creed game in a Victorian-era London next year?

http://kotaku.com/next-years-big-assassins-creed-is-set-in-victorian-lond-1665343788
251983-i209.photobucket.com-albums-bb229-DirtyWest187-Gifs-snoopnein.gif

So, random question, but is Alien Isolation's Season Pass completely centered around Survivor Mode? As in there will be no additional story/campaign DLC?

Wow, Red Faction's cards have taken awhile to drop. Been idling it since 7:30 and it's still going.
Yeah, I've been running it for a couple of hours now, and I still only have the first card. I think I'm just gonna quit for now and leave it idling while I sleep.

Yeah, I've been running it for a couple of hours now, and I still only have the first card. I think I'm just gonna quit for now and leave it idling while I sleep.
It just finished for me. I actually got my first card within 15 minutes, then it took about 2 hours for the second card to drop and another 2.5 for the final one

4 1/2 hours is insane for 3 card drops.

I always wonder if it's the dev/publisher who assigns drop ratio for their games, or if steam randomly assigns the ratio. If it's the devs/publishers, what would be the logic behind the extended drop times that we occasionally see?

4 1/2 hours is insane for 3 card drops.

I always wonder if it's the dev/publisher who assigns drop ratio for their games, or if steam randomly assigns the ratio. If it's the devs/publishers, what would be the logic behind the extended drop times that we occasionally see?
They want us to actually really probably play their damn game, not idle it. ;)

I was looking at SteamDB and some of yesterday's daily deals are still up. I checked out Tomb Raider and it looks like Squeenix removed Tomb Raider Survival Edition from the store.

There's no mention of the removal at SteamDB, though...

I wouldn't mind the removal IF THEY ADDED THE SURVIVAL EDITION EXTRAS TO THE COMPLETE EDITION. But noooooooooo.
what in the survival edition? some skin and comestic stuff? I was advised to just get the base game and skip every dlc for tomb raider b/c they are either comestic skins, multiplayer-focus map or just 1 single 5 min dungeon.

what in the survival edition? some skin and comestic stuff? I was advised to just get the base game and skip every dlc for tomb raider b/c they are either comestic skins, multiplayer-focus map or just 1 single 5 min dungeon.
yeah the dlc for that is terrible if you're not into multiplayer. i bought the dungeon when it was on sale for like, a dollar, and felt like i got ripped off. that's how short it was.

A ten track album, a digital map, a digital comic, and the skins which are sold separately.

I just really hate Japanese companies and their habit of keeping stuff available only with certain editions, with no way for other folks to get the stuff...

Went ahead and bit on Telltale's Game of Thrones yesterday before it launched today after I read a few reviews at midnight. So glad I did. First episode is excellent. All of the recognizable characters are voiced by the actor who portray them on the show. Got a good 2 hours of play out of my first run through. Going to start a new save and do the other choices as well pretty soon, which is something I never do, even with Telltale. I'm extremely impressed.

If I had any criticism it'd be that I wish the graphics were stronger. There are moments when it shines visually, but for the most part they left a little to be desired. It didnt matter though. The story is really engrossing. They rendered the opening title sequence awesomely as well. It felt like I was playing an episode of the show.

t96ywp.jpg

I'm so tempted to purchase that Game of Thrones game, but I'd rather wait until some more episodes get released. Especially after feeling like I got burned for buying the Wolf Among Us relatively early last year and having to wait months before a second episode got released.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back