STEAM Rockstar Collection $42.50

gamer1233

CAGiversary!
Feedback
6 (100%)
header.jpg

Steam is having a rockstar games sale, right now they have the Rockstar Collection on sale all week for $42.50

If you missed the Bully deal, newegg has a better price. Thanks goes to EliotAndrews for the alert.

Bully: Scholarship Edition (PC)
$5.99 (FREE SHIPPING)
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16832262074

Last edited by a moderator:
I played the PS2 original to death back in the day. (Over 100 hours, in fact.) I'd rather load up the old PS2 version again, as odd as that may sound. To those that haven't played it, though, GTA3 is the pinnacle of the sandbox crime games - Highly recommended.

Oh yes, and, Steam, 24-hours-or-more deals next time.

I don't know if Steam makes money on advertisements everytime someone loads up the Store page, but that is the only reason I can think to have these flash in the pan sales, so people are constantly checking. Even so, I'd rather these random offers than not letting us have bits and pieces of the bundled discount at all.

Personally I think it serves two purposes. One - we can pick and chose what we want by following the flash in pan deals instead of buying the whole pack when we already have some of the games, and two - if we miss one of the deals we want maybe steam hopes we will be pissed enough to buy the whole pack since we missed a deal.

Bottom line is that steam has our attention and money once again...

it's a vicious cycle that will never end (but do we really want it to end?:)

[quote name='jester55']Personally I think it serves two purposes. One - we can pick and chose what we want by following the flash in pan deals instead of buying the whole pack when we already have some of the games, and two - if we miss one of the deals we want maybe steam hopes we will be pissed enough to buy the whole pack since we missed a deal.

Bottom line is that steam has our attention and money once again...

it's a vicious cycle that will never end (but do we really want it to end?:)[/QUOTE]

True, I think the other part of it is if you miss a deal, you are more likely to bite on a deal later you may not really want, just cause you know the timing is so limited. Its all psychological warfare on our wallets.

my gambit here is that they put the GTA pack on sale at 75% off
Not interested in manhunt, already have bully on Wii, and already have the max paynes (which seems to consistently crash in the subway when running on vista)

[quote name='JUDOHAWK']All I want now is Bully. And that's only because the ps2 version runs and looks like shit.[/QUOTE]

I totally agree!

I'm hating this whole 2-3 hour sale for each game, it's making me want to check steam every time to see if San Andreas is up on sale. I better not miss that one, arghh!!

Bully is one of those game I see better on the Wii. Rockstar really nailed the motion controls for combat in the game. It's like trying to play No More Heroes on 360 rather than Wii, it doesn't feel right without the motion.

[quote name='Timtendo']I'm hating this whole 2-3 hour sale for each game, it's making me want to check steam every time to see if San Andreas is up on sale. I better not miss that one, arghh!!

Bully is one of those game I see better on the Wii. Rockstar really nailed the motion controls for combat in the game. It's like trying to play No More Heroes on 360 rather than Wii, it doesn't feel right without the motion.[/QUOTE]

Why not just use the rss feed and have it text you when it updates? Thats what I did and havent missed one yet!

Also - Bully is up now for $7.49!

go get it!:whee:

[quote name='JUDOHAWK']All I want now is Bully. And that's only because the ps2 version runs and looks like shit.[/QUOTE]

Then grab it in the next couple hours - $7.50.

Hmm, the timed sales nobody likes because everybody is constantly checking Steam.....that seems like the perfect advertising gimmick! I say congratulations Steam on effective advertising.

so glad i bought the whole collection last night....too bad for my wife cause i`ll be out building a new PC today to maximize my GTA IV performance....mmmm i7 incoming

Seems like its Episodes from Liberty City now at 25% off, or $22.49.

I'd get it, but I haven't actually played GTA IV yet (got it at Christmas sale).

They waited until I bought it from Amazon. Thanks Steam!

Anyway, its a better deal for me for $26 + a $10 gift card but I prefer digital over physical media anytime I can get it.

[quote name='Zimmy']They waited until I bought it from Amazon. Thanks Steam!

Anyway, its a better deal for me for $26 + a $10 gift card but I prefer digital over physical media anytime I can get it.[/QUOTE]

At 25% off I think I can wait. The game is already cheap enough at $29.99. I'll wait until I finish GTA4 before even thinking of buying it.

hmm damn of any of the games this is what I think I wanted most.. aaggh $22.xx for just this or $20 MORE dollars for everything that I probably won't play lol

the episodes have 500 points in achievements correct?

Not sure if this'll sway anyone but the episodes are epic, I bought the episodes disc on ps3 and found they were worth the price there. No doubt they are worth it here.

[quote name='aznguyen316']hmm damn of any of the games this is what I think I wanted most.. aaggh $22.xx for just this or $20 MORE dollars for everything that I probably won't play lol

the episodes have 500 points in achievements correct?[/QUOTE]

Actually it's $17.24 with 25% off if it makes any difference. $22.99 is the standard price.

[quote name='JUDOHAWK']No, it's 22.49 after the discount, 29.99 is the standard price.[/QUOTE]

Oh, that's surprising. In my steam the price is different. I'm not in the states, may have something to do with that, although I've never seen a game be actually cheaper because of that. Usually it's the other way around.

New deal is up, GTA classics, contains all GTA games save for IV for $7.50:

http://store.steampowered.com/sub/605/

edit: looks like everyone beat me to it!

[quote name='JUDOHAWK']Screw them lmao

If I had known I could've picked up 3, VC, SA for 7.50 I wouldn't have bought VC for 2.50.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, there can be some weird overlap on deals sometimes. Just something you gotta roll the dice on.

I was waiting for San Andreas for $5 since I probably won't play any of the other GTA games, but I guess I'll spring for the classics pack since it's only $2.50 more and just in case I miss the actual San Andreas deal (if it even shows up that is).

ahhh shit, would've bought that classics pack. These deals have not been handled well. That classics pack should have been up since monday.

[quote name='JUDOHAWK']Not sure if this'll sway anyone but the episodes are epic, I bought the episodes disc on ps3 and found they were worth the price there. No doubt they are worth it here.[/QUOTE]

this kind of might sway me.. please tell me more. I played GTA IV on PS3 probably about half way through before stopping due to other game releases and my problem finishing games.. I really enjoyed my time but found myself able to quit and never look back. Now I see these episodes with some gameplay improvements that ppl say are for the better.. and I'm interested again. Never really had gripes about GTA IV's core gameplay besides maybe the driving and the cell phone friendships. Did you like these eps better than the vanilla GTA IV? explain the epicness please.

awesome, just got Episodes and GTA Classics for $29.99 total! Which is like getting Episodes last week and getting all the other GTA games for free :D

[quote name='aznguyen316']not bad.. I feel like the GTA Complete pack will prob go on sale too[/QUOTE]

I think it's safe to say now that anything can happen in this sale.
I can't possibly run GTA IV though so it's not on my wanted list. All I want is San Andreas and I'm leaning towards getting it now in the classics deal just in case.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was waiting for the GTA pack but decided to get the Classics pack instead. I'll wait for another sale on GTA4 during the Christmas sale or something.

[quote name='Gothic Walrus']Kind of wish I hadn't bought GTA3 right now. :whistle2:?

$7.50 worth it for San Andreas and Vice City? :whistle2:k[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I'm in the same boat.
San Andreas and Vice City are worth it. Great games.

Even though I already have VC and SA somewhere in my closet...it's nice to have the entire GTA classic collection on Steam for so cheap. I was waiting for something like this as I already have Manhunt on PS2, Bully SE on PC (bought new for $3), and GTA IV on PS3. Not to mention I already have the Max Payne series on Steam...so the Rockstar Collection wasn't really worth it for $42.50.

Perfect collection for the perfect price! Buying now! :whee:

Lame. I only want GTA: SA!

Actually, does anyone think SA could go on sale separately for cheaper than $7.50? Otherwise, I'll just pick this up. Even if this means I'll have two copies of VC now.

Missed GTA: VC and SA on PS2 - perfect opportunity to pick it up on the PC - anyone recommend that I use a controller vs. mouse + keyboard? (if so - any suggestions for a good controller?)

[quote name='blitztwn36']Missed GTA: VC and SA on PS2 - perfect opportunity to pick it up on the PC - anyone recommend that I use a controller vs. mouse + keyboard? (if so - any suggestions for a good controller?)[/QUOTE]

I would definitely use M&K on the PC...makes shooting a hell of a lot easier. Driving is also fine for me using keys. The only thing that I remember being a pain in the ass for some reason was in VC, controlling that RC helicopter in Demolition Man was a pain with default controls (don't even try it). It became easier after mapping to custom keys, but still a bit of a pain.

Other than that....yeah M&K all the way.

bread's done
Back