:br: King Kong (USA) - 5/6/14

:br: Wanted (USA) - 5/6/14

:br: Django (USA) - 5/20/14

:br: The Evil Dead (1982) (USA) - 5/20/14

:br: Killing Them Softly (USA) - 5/20/14

:br: Law Abiding Citizen (USA) - 5/20/14

:br: Lawless (USA) - 5/20/14

:br: The Lord of Salem) (USA) - 5/20/14

:br: Steve Austin 4-Pack: The Stranger/Hunt To Kill/The Package/Maximum Conviction (USA) - 5/20/14

June

:br: The Lone Survivor (Target) (USA) - 6/3/14

:br: The Lone Survivor (Future Shop) (Canada) - 6/3/14

:br: 300: Rise of an Empire (Future Shop) (Canada) - 6/24/14

July

:br: Chaplin's Mutuals Comedies (Flicker Alley) (USA) - 7/29/14

:br: Noah (Best Buy) (USA) - 7/29/14

:br: Noah (Future Shop) (Canada) - 7/29/14

August

:br: Divergent (Best Buy) (USA) - 8/5/14

:br: Divergent (Future Shop) (Canada) - 8/5/14

:br: Batman: Assault on Arkham (Target) (USA) - 8/12/14

:br: The Amazing Spiderman 2 (Future Shop) (Canada) - 8/19/14

:br: The Walking Dead: Season 4 (Target) (USA) - 8/26/14

:br: The Walking Dead: The Complete Fourth Season (Future Shop) (Canada) - 8/26/14

September

:br: G.I. Joe: Retailation (Best Buy) (USA) - 9/7/14

:br: The Godfather (Best Buy) (USA) - 9/7/14

:br: The Godfather: Part 2 (Best Buy) (USA) - 9/7/14

:br: Jack Reacher (Best Buy) (USA) - 9/7/14

:br: Minority Report (Best Buy) (USA) - 9/7/14

:br: Mission: Impossible - Ghost Protocol (Best Buy) (USA) - 9/7/14

:br: Saving Private Ryan (Best Buy) (USA) - 9/7/14

:br: Star Trek XI (2009) (Best Buy) (USA) - 9/7/14

:br: Star Trek Into Darkness (Best Buy) (USA) - 9/7/14

:br: Top Gun (Best Buy) (USA) - 9/7/14

:br: Transformers (Best Buy) (USA) - 9/7/14

:br: Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen (Best Buy) (USA) - 9/7/14

:br: Transformers: Dark of the Moon (Best Buy) (USA) - 9/7/14

:br: True Grit (2010) (Best Buy) (USA) - 9/7/14

:br: War of the Worlds (Best Buy) (USA) - 9/7/14

:br: World War Z (Best Buy) (USA) - 9/7/14

:br: Captain America: The Winter Soldier 3D (Best Buy) (USA) - 9/9/14

:br: Captain America: The Winter Soldier 3D (Future Shop) (Canada) - 9/9/14

:br: Captain America: The Winter Soldier 3D (Bilingual) (Future Shop) (Canada) - 9/9/14

:br: Transformers: Age of Extinction (Best Buy) (USA) - 9/30/2014

:br: Transformers: Age of Extinction (Future Shop) (Canada) - 9/30/2014

October

:br: Edge of Tomorrow (Target) (USA) - 10/7/14

November

:br: Hercules 3D (Future Shop) (Canada) - 11/4/14

:br: The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug: Extended Edition (Target) (USA) - 11/4/14

:br: An American Werewolf in London: Limited Edition (USA) - 11/4/14

:br: The Big Lebowski: Limited Edition (USA) - 11/4/14

:br: The Blues Brothers: Limited Edition (USA) - 11/4/14

:br: Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas: Limited Edition (USA) - 11/4/14

:br: Psycho: Limited Edition (USA) - 11/4/14

:br: Scarface: Limited Edition (USA) - 11/4/14

:br: Scott Pilgrim vs. the World: Limited Edition (USA) - 11/4/14

:br: Shaun of the Dead: Limited Edition (USA) - 11/4/14

:br: 22 Jump Street (Target) (USA) - 11/18/14

:br: Into The Storm (Future Shop) (Canada) - 11/18/14

:br: Drive (Best Buy) (USA) - 11/23/14

:br: Transformers: Age of Extinction (Target) (USA) - 11/23/14

December

:br: Drive: Mondo Edition (Future Shop) (Canada) - 12/2/14

:br: Guardians of the Galaxy 3D (Best Buy (USA) - 12/9/14

:br: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (Best Buy) (USA) - 12/9/14

:br: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 3D (Best Buy) (USA) - 12/9/14

:br: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (Future Shop) (Canada) - 12/9/14

Coming Soon

:br: Sin City: A Dame To Kill For (Best Buy) (USA) - 2014

:br: Fifth Element (Best Buy/Future Shop) - TBA

:br: Snatch (Best Buy/Future Shop) - TBA

:br: Superbad (Best Buy/Future Shop) - TBA

:br: Desperado (Best Buy/Future Shop) - TBA

:br: Das Boot (Best Buy/Future Shop) - TBA

:br: District 9 (Best Buy/Future Shop) - TBA

:br: Dr Strangelove (Best Buy/Future Shop) - TBA

:br: Karate Kid (Best Buy/Future Shop) - TBA

:br: Leon the Professional (Best Buy/Future Shop) - TBA

:br: Taxi Driver (Best Buy/Future Shop) - TBA

:br: Tommy (Best Buy/Future Shop) - TBA

:br: Kung Fu Hustle (Best Buy/Future Shop) - TBA

:br: Easy Rider (Best Buy/Future Shop) - TBA

:br: Stripes (Best Buy/Future Shop) - TBA

January

:br: Justice League: Throne of Atlantis (Target) (USA) - 1/6/15

Coming Soon

:br: Fury (Target) (USA)

Last edited by a moderator:
It's more of a case by case basis with me. For example, I absolutely love the Incredible Hulk Universal 100th Steelbook. However, there are others where it doesn't work as well as the symbol, like Hellboy. The DVD Steelbook is far, far better than either Blu-ray Steels.

My biggest pet peeve is actor names. I despise having actor names scrawled on the Steelbook. IMO, it's ruined every Batman Steelbook (sans the animated ones) so far
My biggest pet peeve are the cheaply made Steelbooks (flaking paint, no inside artwork, etc). In general, it seems like foreign releases are superior to US ones.

I've also noticed over the years that Target exclusive Steelbooks tend to be higher quality (though Elysium was a bit of a letdown IMO).

My biggest pet peeve are the cheaply made Steelbooks only aking paint, no inside artwork, etc). In general, it seems like foreign releases are superior to US ones.

I've also noticed over the years that Target exclusive Steelbooks tend to be higher quality (though Elysium was a bit of a letdown IMO).
For the most part I have to agree.

I have never imported steel yet, but seeing how they have so many released internationally... It may be the only way for me to get the ones I like.

I show my support by buying domestically whenever new ones release. But I hope more get released. There is only so much I can do domestically!

Mary Poppins and Brave are available to pre-order from zavvi

http://www.zavvi.com/blu-ray/mary-poppins-zavvi-exclusive-limited-edition-steelbook-the-disney-collection-15/10899099.html

(ok well I got an order in for Mary Poppins but now it's unavailable again)

http://www.zavvi.com/blu-ray/brave-3d-zavvi-exclusive-limited-edition-steelbook-the-pixar-collection-9/10896086.html

10896086-1391108365-899660.jpg

That was fast. I literally checked last night, and they weren't available for sale. And now it's sold out.

I really like the Brave art, but it's GBP21...

A CAG that works at Target took a picture of the Lightning Returns Steelbooks today & both are G1 sized. It's in the CE thread in the deals forum.

Did anyone get Justice League War from Target.com yet? A friend of mine said he got it in the mail today but they shipped him a standard bluray and not the steelbook. The website also no longer mentions the steelbook casing despite still showing a picture of the steelbook. Guess this is going to be an in store only thing now?

I didn't order it, cause the last time I ordered a steelbook from Target (Django), they sent it in a poly bag. It was bent, and I had to go to the store to exchange it anyways.

Did anyone get Justice League War from Target.com yet? A friend of mine said he got it in the mail today but they shipped him a standard bluray and not the steelbook. The website also no longer mentions the steelbook casing despite still showing a picture of the steelbook. Guess this is going to be an in store only thing now?
He should of add a note or emaill CSR after placing their pre-order.

He should of add a note or emaill CSR after placing their pre-order.
Is it really necessary to do that with target.com orders? Did they not have a separate page for the steelbook version? I know for a fact that the listing on the website did say it was the steelbook when he ordered it so that is what should have been received, no? Seems like pretty crappy service.

I didn't order it, cause the last time I ordered a steelbook from Target (Django), they sent it in a poly bag. It was bent, and I had to go to the store to exchange it anyways.
Last time I ordered a steelbook from Target.com, I ordered enough copies to get free shipping and make sure they shipped it in a box. I just returned the extras in-store.

Is it really necessary to do that with target.com orders? Did they not have a separate page for the steelbook version? I know for a fact that the listing on the website did say it was the steelbook when he ordered it so that is what should have been received, no? Seems like pretty crappy service.
Steelbooks share the same DPCI # as the regular release, so there's no way to tell when it's ordered unless the description specifically says steelbook. Even then, you might end up with a non-SB copy.

Last time I ordered a steelbook from Target.com, I ordered enough copies to get free shipping and make sure they shipped it in a box. I just returned the extras in-store.

Steelbooks share the same DPCI # as the regular release, so there's no way to tell when it's ordered unless the description specifically says steelbook. Even then, you might end up with a non-SB copy.
Well it definitely did say steelbook when he ordered. I know this because I'm the one who sent him the link to it lol. I just didn't order one online myself. Sounds like horrible online service if you ask me. A toss up between getting the steelbook and regular release? What's the point of pre-ordering then? Anyway, stopped by my local target and picked up a copy for myself and my friend to replace his standard edition.

Amazon steelbook for Iron Sky Director's Cut, $27.98 (was $20.98 before it turned into a steelbook), releases 03/11/14:

http://www.amazon.com/Iron-Sky-DIRECTORS-STEELBOOK-BLU-RAY/dp/B00HI9QDQ6
It's down to $18.96, according to my camelcamelcamel.com watch on it.

Well it definitely did say steelbook when he ordered. I know this because I'm the one who sent him the link to it lol. I just didn't order one online myself. Sounds like horrible online service if you ask me. A toss up between getting the steelbook and regular release? What's the point of pre-ordering then? Anyway, stopped by my local target and picked up a copy for myself and my friend to replace his standard edition.
Blame Target for giving them both the same DPCI #. It's been an issue with them for as long as I can remember, so it's probably someone packing the shipment, checking the DPCI # and matching it up.

Target.com CS is pretty bad and hasn't changed in numerous years. Glad you could find a copy locally.

I picked it up yesterday morning. Got there around 9:30am, and they had about 4-5 left, picked 2 up, one for me one for a friend.

Yeah, I had the same problem as samusaran226's friend (I'd quote the post but new accounts can't do that...?).  Sad part is that I was paying no attention and didn't notice anything was wrong until I opened the case.  Would have just ordered the standard version through Amazon if I'd have known Target's full of hijinks like this.

The number of copies was bumped to 18k, according to the article--not that that helps those who didn't get a preorder in.

...Huh. Do I return the Rich Mahogany Edition I got from Target for $10 and pick this up or not...? :whistle2:k
It comes out in late June. You have some time to think that through.

Nice idea to put both movies in a single steelbook. Would be great if was the RME version of Anchorman 1 in the 2 pack.

I'm sad all the steelbooks disappeared from my Best Buys. The games/movies sections in general seem smaller but I was hoping the steelbooks would be a regular part of the movie section.

On an unrelated note I found a Halo 2 steelbook at a pawn shop. It was $3 but covered in rust. Not sure how you do that.

Zavvi has the Alice steelbook back in stock.

I don't recall if they were OOS, but they also have Peter Pan, Dumbo, Lady and the Tramp, and 101 Dalmations in stock.

I ordered Alice and 101 Dalmations, since I missed Alice, and I didn't buy 101 Dalmations on bluray.

I'm sad all the steelbooks disappeared from my Best Buys. The games/movies sections in general seem smaller but I was hoping the steelbooks would be a regular part of the movie section.

On an unrelated note I found a Halo 2 steelbook at a pawn shop. It was $3 but covered in rust. Not sure how you do that.
If you're referring to the newer line that had titles like Cloverfield, The Ring, Zodiac, etc., they're getting released on Amazon on March 25th. Amazon already has listings for them. Not sure if they'll be back at BB and at other retailers like the last line that was put out.

Speaking of Best Buy and their steelbooks.. that Fast and Furious set was discontinued almost as fast as it showed up. Glad I got the complete set. Tokyo Drift seems to be the rarest. The whole set fetches $125+ on eBay, but Tokyo Drift usually gets anywhere from $30 to $60. Prices seem to be going down though. I love the artwork on them, they're beautiful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back