Street Fighter 25th Anniversary Collector's Set (PS3 & 360) - $149.99 - Avail. 9/18

roymustang

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Amazon: (thanks to Vendetta for the links)
PS3 Version
360 Version

Capcom store:
PS3 Version
360 Version

2c2594b8fb68621b0934e72f70686a4b.jpg

From Capcom's website:

Games
-Street Fighter X Tekken (including all character and Swap Costume DLC)
-Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition (with all costume DLC)
-Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix
-Street Fighter III: Third Strike Online Edition
Video
-New documentary Blu-ray that highlights the lifelong love affair fans have had with Street Fighter, and how their dedication has affected the game.
-Street Fighter IV, Super SFIV anime movies
-All episodes of the Street Fighter animated series (DELICIOUS!)
-Street Fighter II: The Animated Movie
Light-up Ryu statue
-Brand new statue with light up base. Eight inches tall and frozen in mid Shoryuken.
11 disc soundtrack
-Game music from the past 25 years, including remixes and fan-created music.
64 page hardcover art book
-Containing pieces from fans all over the world.
Ryu's belt
-Full size martial arts black belt for the aspiring World Warrior. Includes Ryu's "Furinkazan" in kanji.
Certificate of Authenticity
-Like any good collector's set, this comes with a lovely piece of paper telling you how limited and special it is. They're all individually numbered, so get one before they disappear! Arrives on September 18.

*UPDATE*
The PS3 version will be getting all 3 Alpha games as PSOne Classics and Alpha 3 MAX on PSP (digital download presumably).

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='elessar123']Mario All Stars was $30. Kirby collection $30-40. Metroid Prime Trilogy.

It's not really that the games are bad. It's the digital version that devalues it.[/QUOTE]

I guess I should have been more clear. Nintendo celebrates the 25th anniversary of thier esteemed franchise by doing what? When Mario had a 25th anniversary, what did we get? A red box that's a reissue of a collection they brought out 17 years prior. The 25th Anniversary of Zelda was celebrated with zilch. The 25th anniversary of metroid was celebrated by nada. So yeah Nintendo could really learn something from capcom about celebrating a franchises anniversary.

Got mine from Amazon yesterday. Wish the vouchers were piece-mealed instead of having everything under one code. I already have SSF2HDR and SF3TS and would've gave those away, but don't have any of the other DLC that came with this.

The case is pretty light and thin, and is covered in a slight felt material, which I guess is pretty cool.

My cert # was around 28k and my friend's was 15k, so either there's only 2-3 thousand of these left, or about half left (both of us got PS3 versions).

$100 would've been the ideal price point, which I'm sure it'll hit in a few months, but just in case I'd rather not risk missing out on this.

[quote name='def PD']Got mine from Amazon yesterday. Wish the vouchers were piece-mealed instead of having everything under one code. I already have SSF2HDR and SF3TS and would've gave those away, but don't have any of the other DLC that came with this.

The case is pretty light and thin, and is covered in a slight felt material, which I guess is pretty cool.

My cert # was around 28k and my friend's was 15k, so either there's only 2-3 thousand of these left, or about half left (both of us got PS3 versions).

$100 would've been the ideal price point, which I'm sure it'll hit in a few months, but just in case I'd rather not risk missing out on this.[/QUOTE]

I have no idea how you are calculating how many have sold. You can't go by the cert #.

[quote name='Draknight']Look this is a great collection for sf fans. Granted its a little expensive and should have been around $100 but nonetheless it's a great collection. It's really a moot point complaining about dlc since well that's the only way to get it. Last I heard these games work fine without the costume packs. Also this game pretty much has the whole collection (the ps3 version anyway) of definitive versions of street fighte 2, sf 3, sf4, xtekken, and the alpha series. That's a whole lot of gaming. Yes sf fans have bought these already but show me where I can find an anthology of street fighter music. The only thing I wished the included was the van damme movie and the sf V series, but they had licensing issues with those. Give credit where credits due, capcom gave fans something awesome. When has any other company celebrated there franchise like this. Nintendo could learn a thing or two from them.[/QUOTE]

Are you kidding? They put zero effort into this. I got mine yesterday from Amazon and I was super disappointed. Everything about it feels cheap and they didn't even create a nice storage box for the soundtrack. It would have been relatively easy for Capcom to unlock the on-disc DLC, even if putting the XBL/PSN download games on disc may have been impossible or too expensive. They literally slapped a bunch of junk in a box and did nothing to make it really unique or special. You must have really low standards if you think this is how franchises should be celebrated.

[quote name='bojay1997']Are you kidding? They put zero effort into this. I got mine yesterday from Amazon and I was super disappointed. Everything about it feels cheap and they didn't even create a nice storage box for the soundtrack. It would have been relatively easy for Capcom to unlock the on-disc DLC, even if putting the XBL/PSN download games on disc may have been impossible or too expensive. They literally slapped a bunch of junk in a box and did nothing to make it really unique or special. You must have really low standards if you think this is how franchises should be celebrated.[/QUOTE]

To address some of your points the box as a whole IS the storage for the soundtrack, makes no sense to put more boxes in boxes in boxes. If you want to take them some place burn to a flash drive or just travel with it in a case, problem solved. Like I said before its a moot point to complain about DLC, it is what it is just move on. This is a special and unique collection, from the music anthology to the movies this is something awesome. Granted a little over priced but awesome nonetheless for true Street fighter fans. To be honest you should have really done some research before purchasing . Dropping $150 on what you may consider junk just seems idiotic. Lastly, name me another franchise that has taken the time and effort to put something like this together, with different types of media being included in a collection.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Draknight']To address some of your points the box as a whole IS the storage for the soundtrack, makes no sense to put more boxes in boxes in boxes. If you want to take them some place burn to a flash drive or just travel with it in a case, problem solved. Like I said before its a moot point to complain about DLC, it is what it is just move on. This is a special and unique collection, from the music anthology to the movies this is something awesome. Granted a little over priced but awesome nonetheless for true Street fighter fans. To be honest you should have really done some research before purchasing . Dropping $150 on what you may consider junk just seems idiotic. Lastly, name me another franchise that has taken the time and effort to put something like this together, with different types of media being included in a collection.[/QUOTE]

It's not a moot point at all. Many other companies have unlocked on-disc DLC when they release GOTY editions. Heck, even Capcom has released full discs of formerly XBL only games, so it is entirely possible to do both if they really wanted to. I did research and frankly, the pictures made it look a lot more fancy and higher end than it ended up being. The outer box feels really cheap and the soundtrack looks messy and cheap. The statue is pretty unimpressive and frankly smaller than it looks in the marketing materials. In short, anyone who hasn't already ordered should wait for the inevitable price drop.

On your last point, simply making an effort doesn't forgive charging $150 for what amounts to a sloppy collection of items. So, yes, Capcom did what others wouldn't, they overcharged for a half-assed collection of stuff many people already have.

[quote name='KrayzieKMF']I have no idea how you are calculating how many have sold. You can't go by the cert #.[/QUOTE]

I'm definitely pulling arbitrary numbers; if the post I quoted is anything to go by, then taking into consideration the numbers of the certificates are in sequence when they're manufactured, stocked, and shipped to various retailers, my poor theory has no basis or logic to stand on. :lol:

[quote name='cakefoo']I read a while back on the Capcom forums that this has a "limited" quantity of 30,000, with slightly more PS3 units than 360.

edit: found it. Site's down, had to Google cache it. Search for "30,000"

http://webcache.googleusercontent.c...ns+&cd=2&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us&client=firefox-a[/QUOTE]

[quote name='def PD']Got mine from Amazon yesterday. Wish the vouchers were piece-mealed instead of having everything under one code. I already have SSF2HDR and SF3TS and would've gave those away, but don't have any of the other DLC that came with this.

$100 would've been the ideal price point, which I'm sure it'll hit in a few months, but just in case I'd rather not risk missing out on this.[/QUOTE]

On 360 once you redeem that master code on the Capcom website, you get 9 individual XBox codes for the DLC's/XBLA games. It's b/c 9 25-character codes wouldn't fit on that tiny card. On the PS3 version, all 12-character codes are on the back of the card, according to the streetfighter.com/redeem website.

I think the felt is a hell of a lot better than the feel of the Borderlands loot chest, and the SF box is actually opens like a chest, while Borderlands the top just pops off. But I guess I lost that argument to the internets.

Mine was unit 39xx of 30,000, fairly low number I guess. What pisses me off is one of the 11 disks (the 2nd of the fan comp ones and the one that was closest to the back of the box) looks like it had a knife taken to it as it has a gouge cut into the disk. Sent an angry tweet to Capcom Unity with no reply so I guess I'll have to try to rip the disk and if it doesn't work I'll call Capcom customer service when I get a chance.

[quote name='bojay1997']It's not a moot point at all. Many other companies have unlocked on-disc DLC when they release GOTY editions. Heck, even Capcom has released full discs of formerly XBL only games, so it is entirely possible to do both if they really wanted to. I did research and frankly, the pictures made it look a lot more fancy and higher end than it ended up being. The outer box feels really cheap and the soundtrack looks messy and cheap. The statue is pretty unimpressive and frankly smaller than it looks in the marketing materials. In short, anyone who hasn't already ordered should wait for the inevitable price drop.

On your last point, simply making an effort doesn't forgive charging $150 for what amounts to a sloppy collection of items. So, yes, Capcom did what others wouldn't, they overcharged for a half-assed collection of stuff many people already have.[/QUOTE]

It is a moot point simply because Capcom choose to do it that way, because clearly that's what they want to do either accept the fact or don't buy the DLC. Its also a moot point because if you get the CE you get the codes anyway so why complain that its not on disc. Frankly the only CE that ever live up to expectation is Gears 3 Ce and Reach CE and that was just based on the statues alone. Also when it comes to soundtrack I don't care what its on as long as they give me what a soundtrack is for, you know music.

What you consider a sloppy collection of items is actually really freaking hard to get. The official soundtracks alone are nightmare to compile. also like I said Capcom produced a collection that a lot of sf fans actually want. Not every one had either the alpha series, sfHD, sf3, SSF arcade edition or even X tekken on their machines, so don't presume that many people already have them. I'll concede that its overpriced by when the inevitable price drop happens and the print run dries up, you'll be thankful you have one.

So GS is sold out online and there's only 4 PS3 and 6 360 copies left in STL Metro. Those looking for it cheap are going to have to hope Amazon and/or Fry's don't sell out. I'm going to try my disks tonight and make sure they all rip (including the one w/the cut in it.)

[quote name='MSUHitman']So GS is sold out online and there's only 4 PS3 and 6 360 copies left in STL Metro. Those looking for it cheap are going to have to hope Amazon and/or Fry's don't sell out. I'm going to try my disks tonight and make sure they all rip (including the one w/the cut in it.)[/QUOTE]

Or you know.. like the other 20 retailers that are carrying this :roll:

[quote name='storino03']Just because it's sold out in one small area of the US, doesn't mean it's going to be sold out other places.[/QUOTE]

Actually, GS isn't showing it in stock anywhere near me... but every location just outside of my city is showing regular old "in stock" (not "low stock" or "call for availability").

I'm guessing GS probably didn't want a lot of these... they still have KZ3 and Skyrim CEs stacked up around all the stores near me.

[quote name='GBAstar']Or you know.. like the other 20 retailers that are carrying this :roll:[/QUOTE]

None of which are in-store, online only. GS & Fry's are the only ones to have this in-store.

Gotta love how the xbox crowd got shafted on this deal. How lazy is capcom not to release everything on disc.

Did anyone else NOT receive the DLC/Game token with their 360 set? I didn't get mine and I tried searching out forums and read in another place that someone also did not receive it. Though some of the unboxing videos I've seen do show it in their sets. I'm just curious if anyone here got it and did not get the token.

I'm tempted to just do a straight up return on the whole thing.

So I had forgotten about this release and noticed that my deepdiscount order never shipped. Checking the order on their site, it is listed as 'Backorderd'. Can't say I'm surprised, but at this point I think we can scratch off them as having them in stock.

I'll go as far as to say that my order will probably be cancelled eventually.

Guess I'll have to find it elsewhere and pay full retail.

Just for the record, Square Enix put out a soundtrack set for the SaGa Series 20th Anniversary, it did have a "box in a box" to hold the CD set.

IIRC, originally sold for around $200, the music in the SaGa series is wonderful, I wish I had brought it but too cheap to drop $200 for it...

Here's a few more pics -- now selling for $270.

[quote name='Draknight']...Lastly, name me another franchise that has taken the time and effort to put something like this together, with different types of media being included in a collection.[/QUOTE]

got mine a couple weeks ago but finally decided to open it last night.

my statue was in the "on" position and my certificate was in pretty bad shape.

194 dlc items was a nice surprise. too bad they didnt include a voucher or something for sfxt vita...

I emailed amazon and they sent me a replacement set. It had the token code in it. It also happens to be number 3200ish whereas my original set was around 28000ish. At $150 I feel a little buyers remorse but I've missed out on some other collectors sets that I regret so ill survive

[quote name='king9x']So I had forgotten about this release and noticed that my deepdiscount order never shipped. Checking the order on their site, it is listed as 'Backorderd'. Can't say I'm surprised, but at this point I think we can scratch off them as having them in stock.

I'll go as far as to say that my order will probably be cancelled eventually.

Guess I'll have to find it elsewhere and pay full retail.[/QUOTE]

why do people still buy from deepdiscount? i don't understand

[quote name='jrr6415sun']why do people still buy from deepdiscount? i don't understand[/QUOTE]

Me, specifically, it was the $15 off retail for the box set. Paying $135 instead of $149 plus tax made a big enough difference to take the risk.

Why do people stress out over other people's decision when it has no impact on them whatsoever? I just don't understand.

bread's done
Back