Street Fighter IV - Gen Discussion & Info

[quote name='mike.m']This game needs some sort of damn player room for multiple people to fight online. Its garbage that I have like 4 people on my friends list on that want to play but we can't do anything while someone is playing 1 on 1.[/quote]

Same for me last night. It has me wondering what they were thinking. Was this game rushed?

[quote name='Rodimus']Same for me last night. It has me wondering what they were thinking. Was this game rushed?[/quote]

Japanese developers vs American (the guys that did Super Turbo HD). Apparently in Japan they don't have bunches of people that actually want to play in the same rooms. :)

If you guys want the track listing for the CE's soundtrack CD, here is the official listing.
[quote name='RedVirtue from Capcom-Unity'] The CD includes the themes of:

Seth
Abel
Akuma
Vega(BlueSwim's Note: Dictator/M. Bison in the U.S.)
C.Viper
Cammy
ChunLi
El Fuerte
Gouken
Guile
Ken
Rose
FeiLong
Ryu
Sagat
Sakura
Zangief

(in that order)
[/quote]
Props to GuardianE for asking on Capcom-Unity about it.:cool::cool::cool:

Hey, can you unlock seth while playing on easy?

I think I read somewhere that you had to beat the game with everyone on at least med. Maybe that was for a cheesemint.

yeah i recind anything i said about seth earlier. He handed my ass on a silver platter when i was trying to beat him with sakura.

Im loving Sagat right now. went 4-0 before i couldnt find a match for 10 minutes and then i gave up.

Yeah there needs to be a a player room....either im not meeting match requirements or i get "game is full" and when i create a match...im either imediatley playing or im waiting for a while.

A Part of me wants to ditch class right now just to get a few more games in and try and get better.

Also El Fuerte is fun as hell to use on people who are new to the game or unaware of him because he's so friggin fast.

Walked through arcade mode on medium with Sagat last night on my first time playing, only lost once to Seth, and even that was a double KO loss in the final round. I don't consider myself very good so I'm glad to see Capcom adjusted the difficulty a bit from the XBLA games where anything above 3 stars difficulty was nigh-impossible for all but very dedicated players.

Thanks for finding that tracklisting, BlueSwim.

[quote name='integralsmatic']yeah i recind anything i said about seth earlier. He handed my ass on a silver platter when i was trying to beat him with sakura.

Im loving Sagat right now. went 4-0 before i couldnt find a match for 10 minutes and then i gave up.

Yeah there needs to be a a player room....either im not meeting match requirements or i get "game is full" and when i create a match...im either imediatley playing or im waiting for a while.[/quote]

Yeah, it's rather frustrating trying to find a match, being told it's full, then starting the search again, etc.

Finally won an online match. So help me, I'm just not that good at this :lol:

[quote name='Kisses']darn...i can't beat easiest difficulty in arcade mode T_T but i lernd how to do this flashy shooting move for Ryu :cold: but still not helping :)[/QUOTE]

You'll get there. I was playing SF2HDR for two hours a day before this came out and I got my face beat in on easiest for like 4 hours before I started to adjust.

[quote name='BigSpoonyBard']Yeah, it's rather frustrating trying to find a match, being told it's full, then starting the search again, etc.

Finally won an online match. So help me, I'm just not that good at this :lol:[/QUOTE]

Yea same thing and it always says I have "no signal" to them. I create a match and bam good to go right away.

[quote name='BlueSwim']I've beaten Alpha 3 on the 8* difficulty and yet it took me well over 30 tries to beat Seth on "easy:roll:" with Sakura. Did Capcom go to the Itagaki School For Shitty & Cheap Bosses?[/quote]

I almost spit coffee when I read that...the first time I fought Seth I thought "did Itagaki design this motherfucker?"

That zangief spam technique works wonders.

I am glad I am not the only one that was having troubles even on easy beating Seth. I just kept reading how easy easy was, and I was like wow I am terrible.

[quote name='Soodmeg']Hey, can you unlock seth while playing on easy?

I think I read somewhere that you had to beat the game with everyone on at least med. Maybe that was for a cheesemint.[/quote]

Yes you can. You have to beat arcade with all characters (other unlocks, except for seth of course) on any difficulty.

Damnit.
I keep trying to unlock Akuma and Gouken.
I got pretty good at beating arcade pretty fast, but I ended up doing 2 perfects and 3 ultras. After I beat Seth, I thought I was about to fight Akuma, but it ended up being Gouken. I beat him, but didn't unlock anyone. :bomb:

[quote name='JohnnyFoxDarko']Damnit.
I keep trying to unlock Akuma and Gouken.
I got pretty good at beating arcade pretty fast, but I ended up doing 2 perfects and 3 ultras. After I beat Seth, I thought I was about to fight Akuma, but it ended up being Gouken. I beat him, but didn't unlock anyone. :bomb:[/quote]

You have to unlock Akuma before Gouken will unlock. Search the thread, this has been discussed several times.

I believe the OP has the info.

I don't think it was ever discussed not to go over 2 perfect/ultras.
Maybe once, but I don't recall if it was 2 perfects and 3 ultras. I thought maybe I could get away with it.

Anyway, my fight stick doesn't want to register moving back so well anymore.
It's a terrific piece of shit.

to get akuma to appear I've heard exactly 1 perfect and no continues and I've heard 2 perfects no continues. (1 round matches no ultra finishes required)

Gouken requires 1-2 perfects and 2-3 ultra finishes, no continues. The info isn't exact yet.

[quote name='KaneRobot']Thanks for finding that tracklisting, BlueSwim.[/quote]
No prob, I thought you guys would be interested. GuardianE did all the legwork though.:cool::cool::cool:

---

BTW, Dtoid's RetroforceGO! podcast is recording their Street Fighter episode tonight in case any of you want to get some questions in.

definitely after the first day the game becomes easier. I was 14-14 after the first day now im 28-15.
Got my 5 win ranked win streak (the one achievement i thought would take forever). Definitely play in the afternoon.

edit: didn't see there was win 10 ranked wins. just unlocked it :D!!!

Time to work on challenge mode now....blarg

Last edited by a moderator:
I just got the game in the mail. Now there is a code on the back of the manual.....where does that code go? I thought it gives you the brawler pack. I went to reg.capcom.com and registered the game but it didnt say anything, and there was no place to put the code.

[quote name='JohnnyFoxDarko']Yeah, I just did the arcade again, but used 1 continue. He didn't show up. I gave up because it was difficult trying to get perfects with a broken stick. :bomb:[/quote]

that sucks about your fightstick. I'm assuming it's an SE version? Heard lots of bad things about those.

[quote name='The 7th Number']I just got the game in the mail. Now there is a code on the back of the manual.....where does that code go? I thought it gives you the brawler pack. I went to reg.capcom.com and registered the game but it didnt say anything, and there was no place to put the code.[/quote]

Capcom's working on intergrating those codes into their rewards program.

[quote name='GuardianE']Shouldn't this be in the game guide? You'd think that data would be leaked onto the internet by now.[/QUOTE]

Sadly, the guide lacks this info. It just says that you need to unlock the 6 main unlockable characters to unlock Akuma.

I spent a good two hours trying to unlock him last night. I was playing as both Sagat and Zangief, 99 second rounds, 1 round only, easiest difficulty. I made sure to use no continues each time.

1 perfect did nothing.
2 perfects did nothing.
2 perfects and 1 ultra did nothing.
2 perfects and 3 ultras brought Gouken as the last challenger, but because I hadn't unlocked Akuma yet, I didn't earn him.

I finally had to do 2 perfects and 2 ultras to bring out Akuma.

Tonight, we go for Gouken and Seth. And then the Versus bonanza can begin!

[quote name='The 7th Number']Ohh so there is nothing i can do with it now?[/quote]

I don't think so. But apparently Capcom's been putting these codes on the backs of their manuals since last April.

[quote name='TLPRIME']that sucks about your fightstick. I'm assuming it's an SE version? Heard lots of bad things about those.[/quote]
Yep. Same thing happened to Zewone, except his stopped going backward and forward completely.

[quote name='JohnnyFoxDarko']Yeah, I just did the arcade again, but used 1 continue. He didn't show up. I gave up because it was difficult trying to get perfects with a broken stick. :bomb:[/quote]So just use your regular controller? Jump, kick, sweep, repeat with Ryu.

[quote name='gareman']That zangief spam technique works wonders.

I am glad I am not the only one that was having troubles even on easy beating Seth. I just kept reading how easy easy was, and I was like wow I am terrible.[/QUOTE]

yeah i thought he was easy with my main guys but when your stuck with people you have no clue how to use...than its an awful challenge and an awful ass whoopin. I thought it would be easy as pie on easiest to be Seth with Sakura. HELL NO! for 20 straight minutes i got my ass handed to me. I dont think i like Sakura that much in this game...but I now playing Dan! Oh man is he fun. Saikyo Style for the win. I havent tried it yet....but did they somehow keep his super taunt in the game?

[quote name='JohnnyFoxDarko']I think it's still in the game, integralsmatic.[/QUOTE]

dammit just turned it off and about to head out. Gonna have to try it when i get back.

[quote name='GuardianE']Shouldn't this be in the game guide? You'd think that data would be leaked onto the internet by now.[/quote]

looked at my friends guide and the official way to unlock akuma is
to beat arcade mode with the unlockable characters except gouken

[quote name='Furashu']looked at my friends guide and the official way to unlock akuma is
to beat arcade mode with the unlockable characters except gouken[/quote]

That guide doesn't know what it's talking about when it comes to Akuma or Gouken. In the back of the guide where it says Unlockables, it only tells you that you have to beat the game w/ Akuma to unlock Gouken....annnd that's where it stops. That's true, you have to beat it w/ Akuma first...

BUT it doesn't tell you about going through it another time after that and getting 2 Perfects and 3 Ultra Finishes, along with not losing a match. And you can be whoever you want. I chose Ryu, set it to Easiest, 1 Round 60 sec matches (30 sec is too little to build Ultras) and was done with it in no time.

[quote name='bardockkun']Goddammit, I'm getting sick of fighting Ken's. It's even fucking worse when they have a shitty connection.[/quote]

Agreed. I do almost always choose Ryu against a Ken so I don't mind the Ken/Ryu match ups. Buuut it gets old after 10 random ppl decide to choose only Ken.

I know what you are all saying now about Ken. Everyone that I just fought was playing Ken. I tend to play as blanka and play like shit. I have it on the easiest and tend to get my ass handed to me by the cpu in every round blank or not. I think it is because I don't know how to do some of the moves correctly.

Speaking of the moves, if it has say the kick sybmole 3 times in a row is that 3 kicks or is that the button that does the LMH kicks all at the same time. For example Blankas forward surprise is that forward + kkk or is it forward + LT?

[quote name='sendme']I know what you are all saying now about Ken. Everyone that I just fought was playing Ken. I tend to play as blanka and play like shit. I have it on the easiest and tend to get my ass handed to me by the cpu in every round blank or not. I think it is because I don't know how to do some of the moves correctly.

Speaking of the moves, if it has say the kick sybmole 3 times in a row is that 3 kicks or is that the button that does the LMH kicks all at the same time. For example Blankas forward surprise is that forward + kkk or is it forward + LT?[/quote]

All three kicks together/LT

I think they should have put the LB and LT on the right side of the fightpad, like a PS2 controller has R1 and R2. only because its difficult to do a Hadoken with the LB which is right above the Dpad.

On another note, i am having trouble doing some special moves once my meter fills. Its usually the ones that show (Hold left or right - Press left or right + Kick/punch). Am i missing something? Like a double tap forward or something?

Just to lay this unlockable stuff to rest.... I just unlocked everyone except seth (still need to beat arcade with the rest of the characters)

Here's what I did so it can be confirmed.

Set difficulty to easiest, 1 round matches, 30 seconds

Then unlock Sakura, Cammy, Dan, Rose, Fei Long, and Gen

Then I selected Ryu (can probably pick anyone though) and played thru arcade to unlock Akuma. I had 2 perfects and beat Seth without continuing and Akuma showed up on my first try, I beat him and he unlocked.

Next I beat arcade with Akuma on the same settings, but all you have to do is beat it. You can continue, no perfects or anything needed.

I selected Ryu again (cause his Ultra is easy for me to pull off) same settings still. 2 perfects and 3 ultra finishes and defeated Seth without continuing. Gouken showed up on my first try, beat him and he unlocked.

TL;DR version:
-settings set to easiest, 1 round, 30 seconds
-unlock all the 6 "normal" characters
-Pick a dude and beat arcade with 2 perfects with no continues. Beat Akuma to unlock him.
-Beat Arcade with Akuma.
-Pick a dude and beat arcade with 2 perfects and 3 Ultra finishes and no continues. Defeat Gouken to unlock him.
-Enjoy online and forget about the cheap AI unless you want achievements!

*EDIT* Do this only if you want the unlockable characters as fast as possible. It took me about 2 hours to get everyone cept Seth. This info is in the OP. I'm not taking credit for it, I'm just posting so there is a definite number for perfects and ultras etc.

Is this worth it I am a Big street Fighter fan but SF4 is letting me down both in Characters and Play Modes. and now DLC

1 game copy $64 with tax
extra costumes $20 total all costumes
Each new Character DeeJay T,Hawk $5 each

Thats $94 bucks and alot of it is DLC which has zero resale value.

and well over $100+ for the fools who bought the Collectors Edition.

Street Fighter Alpha Max 3 on the PSP, yes the PSP is the best Version of of Street Fighter games ever produced including SF4.

[quote name='Ice Cold']Is this worth it I am a Big street Fighter fan but SF4 is letting me down both in Characters and Play Modes. and now DLC

1 game copy $64 with tax
extra costumes $20 total all costumes
Each new Character DeeJay T,Hawk $5 each

Thats $94 bucks and alot of it is DLC which has zero resale value.

and well over $100+ for the fools who bought the Collectors Edition.

Street Fighter Alpha Max 3 on the PSP, yes the PSP is the best Version of of Street Fighter games ever produced including SF4.[/quote]

Seriously, stop fucking whining and just sell the game already.

Man it just dawn on me how monotonous its going to be to go through the game 26 different times. Even with setting it to 1 round and 30 seconds......

Online mode keeps distracting me from doing anything.

Hey are focus attacks the one when you start blinking yellow or is that the hold down kick and punch?

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back