Sunday Ad Video Game Deals (3/15-3/21)

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
[preview][rightimg]http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=4876&pictureid=5667[/rightimg]This week's best deal is at Kmart (B&M only), who has the PS3 & 360 versions of Call of Duty: World at War for $30.

Also of interest is Toys R Us buy 1, get 1 $20 off all $39.99+ Wii, 360, and PS3 games sale. Don't forget that today is the last day for GameStop's buy 2 get 1 free used games/accessories sale.

Read on for the rest of this week's Sunday ad deals.[/preview]

I've stripped out all the MSRP items and have listed the most noteworthy items in bold.

Best Buy (Ad)
Thanks Masker13 - See Masker13's ad post here

:ps3: Buy any PS3 console, get LittleBigPlanet, MLB 09, or Killzone 2 Free

:wii: Cooking Mama World Kitchen $29.99

:pc: Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War II $39.99
:pc: Empire: Total War $39.99

:psp: Namco Battle Collection $9.99

GameStop (Ad)
Offers good 3/13- 3/19
icontrade.gif
Trade in 2 select games, get Resident Evil 5 for $19.99
icongs_r1.gif
Rock Band Special Edition Bundle (PS3/360) $99.99

iconused.gif
Buy 2, Get 1 Free Used Games/Accessories Ends 3/19

iconused.gif
Used Deals of the Week
:360: Condemned Criminal Origins $9.99
:ps2: Resident Evil Code: Veronica X $4.99
:ps2: Resident Evil Outbreak $4.99

:ds: $10 off select Spongbob DS games[hiddenlist]
:ds: Drawn to Life: Spongebob Squarepants Edition $19.99
:ds SpongeBob SquarePants featuring NickToons: Globs of Doom $19.99
:ds SpongeBob vs. The Big One: Beach Party Cook Off $19.99[/hiddenlist]
:ds: $5 off select THQ DS games[hiddenlist]
:ds: WWE Smackdown vs Raw 2009
:ds: Drawn to Life $14.99
:ds: Paws and Claws Pampered Pets $14.99[SIZE=-1]
[/SIZE]
[/hiddenlist]

Kmart (Ad)
Thanks, atchisonk

kmart.gif
Call of Duty: World at War (PS3/360) $29.99

Target (Ad)
Thanks, stevemoco - See stevemoco's ad post here

:ps3: Buy a PS3 160 GB console, get a $50 PSN card free

icontarget.gif
Shaun White Snowboarding (PSP/PS2) $18
PSP $170

Toys R Us (Ad)
Thanks, life.exe - See life.exe's ad post here

icontoysrus_r1.gif
Buy 1, Get 1 $20 off ALL Wii, Xbox 360, or PS3 games priced 39.99 or more

:wii: Save $20 when you buy Wii Fit and Wii We Ski together

:ds: Free Giratina Figure when you reserve a copy of Pokemon Platinum for $5

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Tom Ato']I love all the math.

If they split the $20 off on both games that makes it $10 a piece right? You could then un-fraudingly return one of the games and still get $10 off the one you didn't return.[/quote]

it's ineffective and inefficient, but i don't see why you can't do that... all that work just to save $10 then pay taxes which you can pretty do w/o wasting time by ordering on-line anyway? Be my guest of course.

[quote name='shadowkast']This thread is a joke. All of these genious CAG's thinking they can cheat TRU out of free gift cards. Do you all really think you are the first person to think of this idea?!?!?!?! And do you not think TRU knows about about that kind of scam when they do these deals all the time?!?!

Seriously, y'all a bunch of RAG's (Retarded Ass Gamers)[/quote]

You call the fellow posters retards yet you misspelled genius.Being a business owner myself I am torn between my love for a great deal and my strong morals that deter me from taking advantage of a broken system.I understand that so many feel that the practics here are unethical,but let us not forget that as long as it is within the boundaries of the law,then it really is a matter of a personal issue.Now,I am usually the type of person who will always correct a cashier if they make a mistake because I know the register records the transactions performed on the register and i feel better for doing so anyhow.

those of you curious over the collector's edition of re 5 being @ tru, i spoke to the manager today(just made some small talk) and he said it depended on store but there would be limited availability at most stores, and THAT most tru stores would be willing to hold one for you if you left ur name and asked(politely ofcoarse). hope that helps.

I just got back from Wal-Mart. It took a little pushing but they did honor the price match and gave me a $20 gift certificate. If you have trouble, ask to speak with a manager.

Thanks and happy buying,
Bryan

Just to clarify - this begins Sunday, not Saturday, correct? Originally I could have sworn it started on 03/14. No worries either way :) .

I got RE5 with the giftcard. The dumb lady said there is no price adjusting with the gift card. The receipt says RE5 is 40 dollars and they charge 20 dollars for the card. At the bottom it says "You've saved 20 dollars!" So whatever. She's just an idiot. I gave the giftcard to a friend anyway. She said the cards don't work for another 6 hours though.

[quote name='jcizzle']Just to clarify - this begins Sunday, not Saturday, correct? Originally I could have sworn it started on 03/14. No worries either way :) .[/quote]

Negative. Its today and tomorrow exclusively.

I picked it up w/ no problem they had the giftcards ready.

I had gotten in on the $25 rockband GC back in december when they had Rockband 2 for 109.99 w/ $25gc(also had 20% off TRU coupon).

Since the gc expired before I wanted a game I just bought a $25 game and then returned it w/ gift receipt so I could have a long term gc and used that on RE5.

So in the end it worked out nicely.

$96 for rockband 2 full kit w/ $25 gc AC, then $35 for RE5 with $20gc. The RE5 GC expires on 4/30 FYI.

[quote name='Megalith']I want to try bringing it to Best Buy and getting $20 off the RE5 CE.[/quote]
I'm assuming that given the text, picture, and the item number in the TRU ad, getting the $20 GC (or a price match somewhere else) for the CE version is pretty much out of the question, right?

hmmm just got back, i don't like how the giftcard expires 3/31/09 for me. i guess it's better than nothing, like a points card promotion or something, but is there anything cheap at toys r us right now?

Did a price match at BB, just show them this http://www.bestbuy.com/site//olspag...type=page&entryURLID=&contentId=1118843518460

It clearly states:
How do you handle a price match if an instant gift card is included with a purchase?
The value of an instant gift card with purchase will be considered when calculating a price match. If the combined value of a competitor's product and instant gift card is lower than the combined value of Best Buy's product price and instant gift card, Best Buy will match either the price or the instant gift card value, depending on the offer.

So basically its $59.99-$20.00=$39.99

If BB gives you any problem say you will can call the BB corp. headquarters to verify

Got RE5 from TRU today. Wanted to use the gift card right away for the guide, but the guy said I had to wait 6 hours to use it????? What kind of crap is that????

Had it pm.d at B Buy today $39.99 ...thanks Op & TRU!

B Buy started to get a GCard but I merely pointed out the written Pmatch policy...

I was so scared for a minute, I thought my TRU didn't carry Mad World.

turns out the dumbass-es working at mine hated me.

So I"ll be using the RE5 GC on Madworld and Dead Space come Tuesday. So much survival! so much blood! I can't fucking wait!

[quote name='jcizzle']Just to clarify - this begins Sunday, not Saturday, correct? Originally I could have sworn it started on 03/14. No worries either way :) .[/quote]
[quote name='the4thnobleman']Negative. Its today and tomorrow exclusively.[/quote]
This is the March 15-21st thread. The Resident Evil GC discussion should go in this thread http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=216257

[quote name='eyeseller']Did a price match at BB, just show them this http://www.bestbuy.com/site//olspag...type=page&entryURLID=&contentId=1118843518460

It clearly states:
How do you handle a price match if an instant gift card is included with a purchase?
The value of an instant gift card with purchase will be considered when calculating a price match. If the combined value of a competitor's product and instant gift card is lower than the combined value of Best Buy's product price and instant gift card, Best Buy will match either the price or the instant gift card value, depending on the offer.

If BB gives you any problem say you will can call the BB corp. headquarters to verify[/quote]
Actually the combined value of the product and giftcard at TRU is $59.99, $39.99+$20 GC. I tried GC PM in the past and that's why they denied me, and unfortunately they were right. Some people just get lucky with BBY that don't care enough or don't even know their own policies.

[quote name='eyeseller']Did a price match at BB, just show them this http://www.bestbuy.com/site//olspag...type=page&entryURLID=&contentId=1118843518460

It clearly states:

If BB gives you any problem say you will can call the BB corp. headquarters to verify[/quote]
Actually the combined value of the product and giftcard at TRU is $59.99, $39.99+$20 GC. I tried GC PM in the past and that's why they denied me, and unfortunately they were right. Some people just get lucky with BBY that don't care enough or don't even know their own policies.

[quote name='J7.']This is the March 15-21st thread. The Resident Evil GC discussion should go in this thread http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=216257

Actually the combined value of the product and giftcard at TRU is $59.99, $39.99+$20 GC. I tried GC PM in the past and that's why they denied me, and unfortunately they were right. Some people just get lucky with BBY that don't care enough or don't even know their own policies.[/quote]

Yeah, that is my fault for being vague. I was attempting to clarify the B1G1 $20 off offer, which I thought a few days ago was slated for Saturday and Sunday only (or perhaps I just misread).

Got my PM attempt shot down at the Westwood, CA BB. The manager had a stink face on before I even started to talk to her.

Btw. Can other people confirm if this Toysrus gift card is only good through March?

[quote name='henhowc']Got my PM attempt shot down at the Westwood, CA BB. The manager had a stink face on before I even started to talk to her.

Btw. Can other people confirm if this Toysrus gift card is only good through March?[/QUOTE]

My TRU gift card says cant be used until 6 hours after purchase and is good until 4/30/09.

[quote name='goldeneye64']My TRU gift card says cant be used until 6 hours after purchase and is good until 4/30/09.[/QUOTE]

Got my $20 credit on a blue "merchandise credit" card. It doesn't state anything about using it 6 hours later nor does it have an expiration date.

[quote name='Sway']Got my $20 credit on a blue "merchandise credit" card. It doesn't state anything about using it 6 hours later nor does it have an expiration date.[/quote]

then maybe urs doesnt expire.

i got a green one with a expiration date on the back and I am in California.

[quote name='judgedee']then maybe urs doesnt expire.

i got a green one with a expiration date on the back and I am in California.[/QUOTE]

Wasn't there some kind of law against gift cards expiring?

It clearly states:

I also got this PMed, at the W. Hollywood, CA Best Buy, but it wasn't easy. I showed the cashier the pricematch policy and she deferred to a customer service rep who then asked another rep who finally went to a manager. I had to read the policy to each of them since they kept defaulting to telling me that they don't PM gift cards.

The manager said she would go ahead and PM for me, but that she understood the policy to mean that Best Buy also had to be offering a gift card for it to apply. I was very friendly the whole time so I'm just glad it worked because they certainly tried to wiggle out of it any way they could.

It clearly states:

Thanks a lot eyeseller! your link helped me big time. I showed up right after work and tried to PM with TRU in BB. I brought an online copy of the deal of TRU of RE5. The girl took a look at it and some other guy that works there was a freaking ass and told her to deny me. Good thing i printed out the pricematch policy (eyeseller's link) and read the the policy before attemping the PM. Gave me the confidence to get what i wanted. Although i shouldve used the GC on RE5 i kept it for God of war 3 in the future. Also, turns out the whole entire staff that worked there didnt know about PM with TRU deal until the manager found out 5 mins ago from his headquarters before i showed up in the store.

[quote name='henhowc']Wasn't there some kind of law against gift cards expiring?[/quote]

promotional cards are exempt

I picked up my RE5 at my local TRU store and they gave me a regular TRU gift card, which has no expiration date on it.

I also had a PM shot down, but at the Best Buy in Rochester MI. I'll try one more best buy to see if it works.

[quote name='qtjune']I picked up my RE5 at my local TRU store and they gave me a regular TRU gift card, which has no expiration date on it.[/quote]
Same deal for me.

Does bestbuy take print outs of ads to price match? My friend can't find a friggin ToysRUs add and he's hoping a print out will work.

Sucks for you guys. My local best buy price matched but instead of giving me a 20 dollar gift card they took 20 off the game. I was able to get it for 42.39 after tax.

It says Reg 59.99 with 20.00 Match Competitor Price Disc

Exactly,

And Target will just sell the new SFIV at retail. It's a wash.

[quote name='outphase']How is this fraud? The poster is not misrepresenting the copy of SF4 to any store.

From what I understand, they buy RE5 + 20GC. They use the GC to get SF4 and VC for an additional $80+GC. They take the new, unused copy of SF4 where they are in their right to return to Target as they have a valid receipt. No store is being taken advantage of here.[/quote]

[quote name='CucoGordo']Does bestbuy take print outs of ads to price match? My friend can't find a friggin ToysRUs add and he's hoping a print out will work.[/quote]

Depends on the store. I walked in and asked them to price match for me. I didn't have an ad to show so I told them to check Toysrus.com. Instead of giving me a $20 dollar gift card they just took 20 off of total. I lucked out because it is hit or miss at Best Buy based off of others peoples experience. My local Toys R Us was sold out of RE5 at 5 p.m. on Friday.

Not a bad deal, I've been wanting to get Mirrors Edge but can't really think of another game to buy.

Does TRU price match? If the Kmart ad is true with CoD WaW being $40 this week, would TRU price match that and also allow for it to be part of the deal?

[quote name='King Of Prussia']Nice so if I get Resident Evil 5, and get a $20 buck gift certificate, I could get two sixty buck games for 80 dollars![/quote]

That won't happen because the $20 gift card ends today, and the buy one get one $20 off starts tomorrow, so...you're SOL like me.

[quote name='IRHari']That won't happen because the $20 gift card ends today, and the buy one get one $20 off starts tomorrow, so...you're SOL like me.[/quote]

I think he's saying he'll buy 2 $60 games next week, in addition to RE5 this week. In the end you'd be paying $47 each for 3 full priced $60 games. Not a bad deal.

bread's done
Back