Sunday Ad Video Game Deals (3/15-3/21)

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
[preview][rightimg]http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=4876&pictureid=5667[/rightimg]This week's best deal is at Kmart (B&M only), who has the PS3 & 360 versions of Call of Duty: World at War for $30.

Also of interest is Toys R Us buy 1, get 1 $20 off all $39.99+ Wii, 360, and PS3 games sale. Don't forget that today is the last day for GameStop's buy 2 get 1 free used games/accessories sale.

Read on for the rest of this week's Sunday ad deals.[/preview]

I've stripped out all the MSRP items and have listed the most noteworthy items in bold.

Best Buy (Ad)
Thanks Masker13 - See Masker13's ad post here

:ps3: Buy any PS3 console, get LittleBigPlanet, MLB 09, or Killzone 2 Free

:wii: Cooking Mama World Kitchen $29.99

:pc: Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War II $39.99
:pc: Empire: Total War $39.99

:psp: Namco Battle Collection $9.99

GameStop (Ad)
Offers good 3/13- 3/19
icontrade.gif
Trade in 2 select games, get Resident Evil 5 for $19.99
icongs_r1.gif
Rock Band Special Edition Bundle (PS3/360) $99.99

iconused.gif
Buy 2, Get 1 Free Used Games/Accessories Ends 3/19

iconused.gif
Used Deals of the Week
:360: Condemned Criminal Origins $9.99
:ps2: Resident Evil Code: Veronica X $4.99
:ps2: Resident Evil Outbreak $4.99

:ds: $10 off select Spongbob DS games[hiddenlist]
:ds: Drawn to Life: Spongebob Squarepants Edition $19.99
:ds SpongeBob SquarePants featuring NickToons: Globs of Doom $19.99
:ds SpongeBob vs. The Big One: Beach Party Cook Off $19.99[/hiddenlist]
:ds: $5 off select THQ DS games[hiddenlist]
:ds: WWE Smackdown vs Raw 2009
:ds: Drawn to Life $14.99
:ds: Paws and Claws Pampered Pets $14.99[SIZE=-1]
[/SIZE]
[/hiddenlist]

Kmart (Ad)
Thanks, atchisonk

kmart.gif
Call of Duty: World at War (PS3/360) $29.99

Target (Ad)
Thanks, stevemoco - See stevemoco's ad post here

:ps3: Buy a PS3 160 GB console, get a $50 PSN card free

icontarget.gif
Shaun White Snowboarding (PSP/PS2) $18
PSP $170

Toys R Us (Ad)
Thanks, life.exe - See life.exe's ad post here

icontoysrus_r1.gif
Buy 1, Get 1 $20 off ALL Wii, Xbox 360, or PS3 games priced 39.99 or more

:wii: Save $20 when you buy Wii Fit and Wii We Ski together

:ds: Free Giratina Figure when you reserve a copy of Pokemon Platinum for $5

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='gamer4432']Not a bad deal, I've been wanting to get Mirrors Edge but can't really think of another game to buy.

Does TRU price match? If the Kmart ad is true with CoD WaW being $40 this week, would TRU price match that and also allow for it to be part of the deal?[/quote]

TRU doesnt price match.

:ps3: Buy a PS3 and get MLB 09, Killzone 2,or LittleBigPlanet [only 1] for Free.

:wii: Cooking Mama:World Kitchen $30 After savings and Price Drop
:wii: Six Flags Fun Park $20 Includes free Child Six Flags Ticket

:psp: Namco Museum $10 Save $10

PC Games'

Warhammer Dawn Of War 2 $40 Save $10
Empire Total War $40 Save $10

Put only deals where you save money.:roll:
Sorry if someone already posted Ad.:dunce:

Pretty funny since I just bought a PS3 today with MLB 09, LittleBIGPlanet, and Killzone 2 today :D

No biggie though, since I got a $50 GS giftcard for free, and used it on a second controller.

[quote name='iboostjays']bestbuy has to step their game up...[/quote]

Not when they don't have any real competition they can do whatever the hell they want...Unfortunately:cry:

grabbed the orange box for the 360 at toys r us today (fullerton, ca) in the 19.99 bargain bin...they rang it up and it was 9.99...saw at least 5 more copies. great deal for a great game.:D

...Maybe if you don't have a PS3 that deal isn't good, but I was in the market for one anyway and free LBP is just too good.

For the RE5 $20 gift card we received special ones that activate in 6hrs and have an expiration date. I know from previous experience that sometimes stores dont receive those promo gift cards and just use regular ones that do not have to wait for activation. If I know a customer is buying something immediately after I just use a regular gift card so they can use it right away. The 6hr thing is dumb, it used to be 12hrs.

I ended up buying the collectors edition of RE5 for ps3 at TRU because they didn't have the regular edition. In hindsight I ended up spending $10 more than I would have if I had just went elsewhere and just bought the game. I was hoping the bag in the collectors edition was decent but for the most part its pretty shitty.

Excuse me, but why does Best Buy "need to step up their game"? They are offering a PS3 with one of three very good (and recent) games for free. Why is that not a good deal? They have great deals all the time - I picked up Ninja Gaiden 2 (regrettably - that game is a total piece of shit) for $10 and Guitar Hero 3 (with the wireless guitar) for $16. How can anyone say that they don't have deals?

[quote name='Chlorox']Not when they don't have any real competition they can do whatever the hell they want...Unfortunately:cry:[/quote]

Who needs them? Thank god for the internet.. I mean yeah you can get a good deal on some stuff thats been out while that they have over stocked, but over all BB sucks unless you want to pay full retail and deal with horrible CS.

thanks a lot! I was looking for these ads for a while, how come they aren't grouped at the top like they used to? Ah, oh well. I'm looking forward to next week.

[quote name='mkdude_99']Excuse me, but why does Best Buy "need to step up their game"? They are offering a PS3 with one of three very good (and recent) games for free. Why is that not a good deal? They have great deals all the time - I picked up Ninja Gaiden 2 (regrettably - that game is a total piece of shit) for $10 and Guitar Hero 3 (with the wireless guitar) for $16. How can anyone say that they don't have deals?[/QUOTE]
those deals were when CC was still open, ever since they closed there have been sorry excuses for sales at BB every week, in most every department

[quote name='mkdude_99']Excuse me, but why does Best Buy "need to step up their game"? They are offering a PS3 with one of three very good (and recent) games for free. Why is that not a good deal? They have great deals all the time - I picked up Ninja Gaiden 2 (regrettably - that game is a total piece of shit) for $10 and Guitar Hero 3 (with the wireless guitar) for $16. How can anyone say that they don't have deals?[/quote]
Any good deals Best Buy has are few & far between =\

This is highly annoying I'm on the website trying to order Madworld and House of the Dead Overkill and cause Madworld has free shipping the damn offer doesn't apply. Called up cs and they seem to not be able to do anything about it.

What a load of shazam crap.

Anyone seen Madworld in their local TRU's? I looked at a few stores, but none of my local tru's got in either game.

Might pick up Empire Total War. The demo on Steam was enjoyable.

Definitely a great deal on a PS3 with a free game (especially the selection).

[quote name='bzchanboy']This is highly annoying I'm on the website trying to order Madworld and House of the Dead Overkill and cause Madworld has free shipping the damn offer doesn't apply. Called up cs and they seem to not be able to do anything about it.

What a load of shazam crap.

Anyone seen Madworld in their local TRU's? I looked at a few stores, but none of my local tru's got in either game.[/QUOTE]

Pretty sure I saw a copy at my local TRU in California...not 100% though haha

[quote name='dim2192']Too bad there havent been any good deals lately[/QUOTE]

Thank god there haven't been any good deals in a while. My wallet is hurtin'!

This is my plan. Getting $26 in tax refund, use that towards MadWorld(hopefully TRU has it by now), then pick up Boom Blox for $19.99 with $20 off.
$47+ tax instead of $89.98+tax, sounds good to me.

Last edited by a moderator:
No more Silver membership deals on games? Every couple of weeks we were getting $9.99 games like Midnight Club and Mercenaries 2. I wonder if the hording caused BB to rethink those promos.

[quote name='kylematthews']How did you get a 50 buck gift card, any promo or anything? I would like to jump in on couple of deals they got at local store.[/quote]I guess there must be... I didn't know about it going in. I just wanted to pick up some good games during the B2G1 free sale, so I figured I might as well buy it there. Then I also got a free giftcard, which I used for a second DS3 controller :D

All in all, I got an 80GB PS3, a second controller, and Killzone 2/MLB 09/LBP/Motorstorm for about $525!

guys, i hit a snag with kmart. they are saying that if you don't have the physical flyer, they won't give you call of duty: world at war for 30 bucks because the system has it for 60 still. if you check online now, it still says 60.

[quote name='thakingrocka']guys, i hit a snag with kmart. they are saying that if you don't have the physical flyer, they won't give you call of duty: world at war for 30 bucks because the system has it for 60 still. if you check online now, it still says 60.[/QUOTE]

It's been a while. Does Kmart not have a stack of the weekly flyers sitting out somewhere near the front of the store?

Maybe I'll just buy a paper today to be safe.

[quote name='Halo05']It's been a while. Does Kmart not have a stack of the weekly flyers sitting out somewhere near the front of the store?

Maybe I'll just buy a paper today to be safe.[/quote]

i checked my sunday paper, and there was no circular for kmart. i printed out the circular page and the item page. i went to the store, and they were fine with the printout. there were no circulars in the front of the store.

I should have never clicked on this damn thread. Now I'm afraid have no choice but to spend more money because I can't resist WoW for that price. Ugh. D;

I resisted. I think way too many copies of W@W were released due to the success of CoD4. I managed to snag CoD3 for 12.xx at Amazon several months (maybe a year) ago. I think this'll wind up doing the same thing.

All the same, thanks for the heads up. It was certainly tempting.

thats weird i looked up the kmart ad online and in the ad it only says that the ps3 version of COD:WAW is the only one on sale for $30 dollars.

So its only PS3, if so that sucks for me.

btw the area code i typed in was 92571 to check the ad

[quote name='koeramco']thats weird i looked up the kmart ad online and in the ad it only says that the ps3 version of COD:WAW is the only one on sale for $30 dollars.

So its only PS3, if so that sucks for me.

btw the area code i typed in was 92571 to check the ad[/quote]

When i type in your zip code the ad that is brought up says XBOX is on sale too. It is small type under the picture of the game.

My local Kmarts had a dozen or so WaWs each for each system, marked at $29.99. However, I couldn't bring myself to buy it considering I bought 7 games for the same price.

I went to the Kmart in Riverside (off Limonite) this morning and there were stacks of weekly flyers near the entrance. I picked up one to PM COD WaW at a nearby Wal-Mart (since I had a Wally GC). No problem with PM at Wal-Mart although it took 10 minutes for the sales clerk and manager to approve the PM since they took forever looking over the ad.

[quote name='B.K.']Is that Gamestop listing a mistake or did they extend the buy two, get one free offer?[/quote]

I'd like to know the answer to this too!
I missed the weekend deal. :(

I scooped up resident evil 5 from toysrus, then got scene it vox office smash for 20$ with the 20$ off deal.....

Picked up GTA 4 and RE 5 at TRU online.

60 (RE 5) + 40 (GTA 4) + 4 (tax) + 5 (shipping) - 20 (buy 2 get 1 20 off) - 10 (March madness save 10 on orders 75+ when using Paypal)

total = 79$

[quote name='thakingrocka']guys, i hit a snag with kmart. they are saying that if you don't have the physical flyer, they won't give you call of duty: world at war for 30 bucks because the system has it for 60 still. if you check online now, it still says 60.[/quote]
If they were being jerks, consider reporting them to Weights & Measures.

bread's done
Back