Sunday Ad Video Game Deals (4/29/12 to 5/5/12)

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
[preview][img-r=1]441[/img-r]
iconbestbuy.gif
Best Buy holds a sale on Nintendo Selects games, 2 for $30. UFC 3 Undisputed, Goldeneye 007 Reloaded, NBA 2K12 GOTY are $39.99 each.

icongs_r1.gif
GameStop discounts Mass Effect 3 to $39.99 and takes 50% off the Move Sharpshooter ($19.99) and Move Controller ($24.99).

kmart.gif
Kmart offers its Rewards Members a $25 gaming coupon with the purchase of a Wii console.

icontarget.gif
Target throws in Unit 13 and a 4GB memory card with the a purchase of a PS Vita and Nintendogs with a Nintendo 3DS system purchase. Get a $20 gift card with the purchase of either AC: Revelations, Mass Effect 3, Call of Duty MW3, Battlefield 3, or Tiger PGA 13 AND the pre-order either AC III, Ghost Recon Future Soldier, Max Payne 3, Madden 13 or NCAA Football 13.

icontoysrus_r1.gif
Toys R Us includes a $20 gift card with the Xbox 360 Kinect bundle and a $20 gift card with the Nintendo 3D. Buy 2 select games for $60: Assassin's Creed Revelations, Batman: Arkham City, Battlefield 3, Final Fantasy XIII-2, Gears of War 3 (Epic Edition qualifies for this deal), Modern Warfare 3, and Soul Calibur V.[/preview]

The Rest of the Deals...
All MRSP prices have been removed.

Best Buy (Ad)
Thanks, MidnightMetal - See post here

:wii: Nintendo Wii w/NSMB $139.99
:wii: Wii Accessories Package $49.97 (Save $35)
  • Rocketfish Dual Charge Station (Reg. $24.99)
  • Rocketfish Component Cable (Reg. $27.99)
  • Afterglow Remote and Nunchuk Set (Reg. $31.99)
:wii: All Nintendo Selects Games 2 for $30
  • Super Paper Mario
  • Mario Super Sluggers
  • Mario Strikers Charged
  • Super Mario Galaxy
  • Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
  • Wii Sports

:360::ps3: UFC 3 Undisputed $39.99
Most Copies should have the 'Ultimate Knockouts 7' DVD(360) or Bluray(PS3)​
:360::ps3: Goldeneye 007 Reloaded $39.99
:360::ps3: NBA 2K12 GOTY $39.99

:360::ps3: Red Dead Redemption GOTY $29.99
:360::ps3: Grand Theft Auto IV Complete Edition $19.99
:360::ps3: Wipeout 2 $29.99
:wii: Zumba Fitness 2 $29.99
:wii: Epic Mickey $19.99
:wii: Wipeout 2 $19.99
:3ds: Ghost Recon Shadow Wars $11.99
:3ds: Rayman 3D $11.99
:ds: Toy Story 3 $11.99

GameStop (Ad)
Thanks, Borellius - See post here
Valid until 5/1

:360::ps3: Mass Effect 3 $39.99
:360::ps3: RE: Operation Raccoon City $49.99
:360::ps3: Ninja Gaiden 3$ 49.99
:360::ps3: FIFA Soccer 12 $39.99
:360::ps3: Warhammer Space Marine 40K $14.99 USED
:ps3: Move Sharpshooter $19.99
:ps3: Move Controller $24.99
30% bonus credit on trade-ins towards Prototype 2

Kmart (Ad)
Thanks, LouieT - See post here

:wii: Shop Your Way Rewards members only:
Buy the Wii for $149.99, get a $25 gaming coupon towards a future gaming purchase between May 6 through June 9.

Target (Ad)
Thanks, litepink - See post here

:ps3::360: Free $20 Gift Card w/ purchase of either AC: Revelations, Mass Effect 3, Call of Duty MW3, Battlefield 3, or Tiger PGA 13 AND you pre-order either ACIII, Ghost Recon Future Soldier, Max Payne 3, Madden 13 or NCAA Football 13.

:psp: Buy a PS Vita, get Unit 13 game and 4GB memory card free
:psp: Vita Games- Uncharted $39.99, MLB 12/Ultimate MvC 3/FIFA 12 $29.99 each

:3ds: Buy a 3DS game system, get Nintendogs free
:3ds: Spirit Camera $29.99, Cars 2 $19.99, Tetris Axis $18

:360: Xbox 360 4GB Kinect Bundle $279.99
:360: Kinect Sensor $129

Toys R Us (Ad)
Thanks, LouieT - See post here

:360: Buy the 4GB Xbox 360 with Kinect bundle for $299.99, get a $20 Toys R Us gift card. In-store only.
:3ds: Buy the 3DS for $169.99, get a $20 Toys R Us gift card. In-store only.

icontoysrus_r1.gif
Buy 2 games from the list below for $60:
:360::ps3: Assassin's Creed Revelations
:360::ps3: Batman: Arkham City
:360::ps3: Battlefield 3
:360::ps3: Final Fantasy XIII-2
:360: Gears of War 3 (This thread confirms that the Epic Edition qualifies for this deal)
:360::ps3: Modern Warfare 3
:360::ps3: Soul Calibur V​

Last edited by a moderator:
I've been looking at LA Noire, and would love getting the Complete Edition, but $30 for it still seems a little high for my cheap ass. lol I managed to keep holding out for GTA IV Complete and got it at GameStop a couple weeks ago when they had it cheap.

On a related note, is LA Noire really that good? I've heard good things, but I've also heard it gets very repetitive...

[quote name='mwmike11']I've been looking at LA Noire, and would love getting the Complete Edition, but $30 for it still seems a little high for my cheap ass. lol I managed to keep holding out for GTA IV Complete and got it at GameStop a couple weeks ago when they had it cheap.

On a related note, is LA Noire really that good? I've heard good things, but I've also heard it gets very repetitive...[/QUOTE]

Yeah I'm kinda in the same boat. I really want to play LA Noire but I just can't bite for $30. I'll definitely get GTA IV though.

la noire is amazing if you pay attention and care enough to actually put in the effort.

[quote name='mwmike11']I've been looking at LA Noire, and would love getting the Complete Edition, but $30 for it still seems a little high for my cheap ass. lol I managed to keep holding out for GTA IV Complete and got it at GameStop a couple weeks ago when they had it cheap.

On a related note, is LA Noire really that good? I've heard good things, but I've also heard it gets very repetitive...[/QUOTE]

Not sure if you knew, but by doing the Target deal you can get it for $9.99 like I did :)

[quote name='slowdive21']I believe the policy is they do not pm twitter (according to a store that denied me), but I have made friends with some of the workers, so they did it for me.[/QUOTE]

you lucky bum you

Damn, no Yakuza Dead Souls on sale next week. Question is, do I wait for another drop, or go ahead and use the @Gamer coupon...

:ps3::360: Free $20 Gift Card w/ purchase of either AC: Revelations, Mass Effect 3, Call of Duty MW3, Battlefield 3, or Tiger PGA 13 AND you pre-order either ACIII, Ghost Recon Future Soldier, Max Payne 3, Madden 13 or NCAA Football 13.

:psp: Free Unit 13 game and 4GB memory card with purchase of PS Vita handheld system
:psp: Vita Games- Uncharted $39.99, MLB 12/Ultimate MvC 3/FIFA 12 $29.99 each

:3ds: Free Nintendogs game w/ purchase of 3DS game system
:3ds: Spirit Camera $29.99, Cars 2 $19.99, Tetris Axis $18

:360: 4GB Kinect Bundle $279.99
:360: Kinect Sensor $129

How much does it cost to preorder at Target?

is it $1 or $5 down?

The $20 GC wouldn't be a bad deal if any of the those games are also on sale.

[quote name='GBAstar']How much does it cost to preorder at Target?

is it $1 or $5 down?

The $20 GC wouldn't be a bad deal if any of the those games are also on sale.[/QUOTE]

I think its $1

[quote name='dvgamer']I think its $1[/QUOTE]

It is $1 and a lot of the preorders at Target come with a $5 GC when you pick it up and bring in your preorder card.

[quote name='GBAstar']How much does it cost to preorder at Target?

is it $1 or $5 down?

The $20 GC wouldn't be a bad deal if any of the those games are also on sale.[/QUOTE]

It's only $1 to preorder at Target.

Pre-order is $1.

Although AC:Revelations won't be on sale for $29.99 anymore.
and most likely all the other games listed will be retail price as well.

You can price match it though and pre-order and still receive the $20 GC though.
I did it with a similar promo on the MW3 a few weeks back.

Price matched MW3 for $29.99 with BB ad and then turned around and used the $20 GC on a price matched AC:R. I pre-ordered Prototype 2 which I ended up claiming this week anyways. :lol:

[quote name='thegame956']Can u match the vita deal at best buy? Free unit 13 and mc?[/QUOTE]

I don't think they PM free item deals.

Yes the crappy deal about the $20 gift card is a few of those games including ac:r and mw3 are $39.99 and lower now. Might as well get them now if you're considering the gift card then it's money in the bank, not in target.

[quote name='neuropunk']Ahh, just picked up the GTA Episodes from Liberty City for $10 from GoHastings. Oh well, GTA4 vanilla is the most boring GTA ever, so I don't need that anyway, and wouldn't want to spend $10 extra on it.[/QUOTE]
Do you need GTA IV to play the DLC? or can i buy the DLC disc or on XBLA and play them without owning GTAIV?

Beat GTA IV and have no interest in buying or playing it again but i hear great things about the 2 DLC.

[quote name='styl3s']Do you need GTA IV to play the DLC? or can i buy the DLC disc or on XBLA and play them without owning GTAIV?

Beat GTA IV and have no interest in buying or playing it again but i hear great things about the 2 DLC.[/QUOTE]No you dont need GTA IV to play them. (disk version, I dont know about the downloadable versions)

I also want to add that AC3 Target pre-order comes with exclusive content, as for what that is I have no idea. It just says Target Pre-order exclusive content on the $1 pre-order card.

[quote name='slowdive21']I got a copy for $10...It requires manager override.[/QUOTE]

It's worth a try, if I can get Darksiders II for $10... I'll give it a shot tomorrow. [EDIT: Nope, didn't work. They said they don't honor/respect/validate twitter prices.]

[quote name='ApathyAndFlow']Not sure if you knew, but by doing the Target deal you can get it for $9.99 like I did :)[/QUOTE]

Um... what is this Target deal of which you speak? I'd get L.A. Noire if the price for the complete edition was down to $10... ;)

[quote name='crazydom2']Lame no Yakuza deal. Now the coupon in the book has gone to waste.[/QUOTE]there's still a chance for an unadvertised sale

[quote name='FinderKeeper']I'd get L.A. Noire if the price for the complete edition was down to $10... ;)[/QUOTE]The MSRP for complete is $30, vanilla is $20, $18 used so depending on used deals you could score the vanilla under $10 & decided on if the DLC is warranted later.

May be time to finally bite on some Wii games. Paper Mario, Mario Galaxy, Twilight Princess, and hmmm dunno what else...I doubt I'd play much of the Mario sports games. Wish Mario Kart was part of this.

Paper ad this week.

Gift card offers:

:360: Buy the 4GB Xbox 360 with Kinect bundle for $299.99, get a $20 Toys R Us gift card. In-store only.

:3ds: Buy the 3DS for $169.99, get a $20 Toys R Us gift card. In-store only.

Deal:

Buy 2 games from the list below for $60:
:360::ps3: Assassin's Creed Revelations
:360::ps3: Batman: Arkham City
:360::ps3: Battlefield 3
:360::ps3: Final Fantasy XIII-2
:360: Gears of War 3 (This thread confirms that the Epic Edition qualifies for this deal)
:360::ps3: Modern Warfare 3
:360::ps3: Soul Calibur V

:ds: DSi XL $129.96

:360::ps3: Prototype 2 with Prototype $59.96

:360::ps3: Assassin's Creed: Revelations $39.96
:360::ps3: Battlefield 3 $39.96

:360::ps3: Modern Warfare 3 $49.96

Once again, only one offer in the ad this week:

:wii: Shop Your Way Rewards members only:
Buy the Wii for $149.99, get a $25 gaming coupon towards a future gaming purchase between May 6 through June 9.

[quote name='TooPoor']BF3 and MW3 were both 30 last week without the need to buy 2. Maybe SCV?[/QUOTE]

SCV is $45 via "Temporary Price Cut" at Target. With the last day of the trade-in special it would be $25.

[quote name='litepink']SCV is $45 via "Temporary Price Cut" at Target. With the last day of the trade-in special it would be $25.[/QUOTE]
Yeah forgot about that, too bad UC3, ACR and SCV were cleared out instantly after the promo started.

[quote name='Saix_XIII']Wow I wish the UMvC3 and MLB12 deals were part of the Trade 2 for $20 off....both of those for $10 each would be awesome.[/QUOTE]

I was thinking a return/rebuy but the coupon makes each game $20 so it would be less than the $29.99 price.
What if I've already made the purchase at Target?
No problem. Within seven days of purchase, bring your Target receipt and the competitor 's current printed ad. We will reimburse the savings to you.

Target Coupons:
Target coupons will be applied before the price match is made. If the competitor price is still lower than the price after the Target coupon has been deducted, the ad match can be adjusted to match the competitor's price.

[quote name='i MarK i']I was thinking a return/rebuy but the coupon makes each game $20 so it would be less than the $29.99 price.[/QUOTE]

I still think it could work. The price would be $30 and the coupon works on $30 games making them $10. The issue is having Target allow it. I don't think it's worth the work. Those games will be cheaper eventually anyway.

I think a price match would work even with the coupon. I think I recall people buying those Disney movies with coupons and then price matching after buying them. Not bad if you're willing to risk a couple cheap used games but no guarantees

Maybe this has already been mentioned in another thread, but I got an e-mail the other day awarding me $10 in SYWR points for being a "valued member" or whatever. Only downside is that it expires on the 30th. Haven't stepped into a k-mart since last Nov. when they had the Skyrim/AC:R/MW3/etc. 2 for $70, but I did buy practically every major release there last year. Just wanted to give a heads up for people to check their e-mails for this.

[quote name='Byakurai']Bought Spirit Camera a couple weeks ago at BBY. Gotta love having that 45-day window![/QUOTE]

Is Spirit Camera any good? Been hearing lots of mixed things about it. At $30 I'm still not sure if it's worth it.

Also, didn't Nintendo say it was going to be a $20 budget title a few months ago? Wonder what happened to that. It is Nintendo though...

[quote name='the_ENEMY_']these are deals for moms who don't look very hard for deals.[/QUOTE]

Couldn't be more true.
ghuikjmn

[quote name='the_ENEMY_']these are deals for moms who don't look very hard for deals.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='BigBass21']Couldn't be more true.
ghuikjmn
[/QUOTE]

Ugh... really? MW3 at $30 looks like a money maker this week just like it was two weeks ago... but whatever you say

[quote name='Tygamr']Is Spirit Camera any good? Been hearing lots of mixed things about it. At $30 I'm still not sure if it's worth it.

Also, didn't Nintendo say it was going to be a $20 budget title a few months ago? Wonder what happened to that. It is Nintendo though...[/QUOTE]

I honestly haven't tried it out yet, but given that it's a Fatal Frame title in spirit I couldn't resist picking it up.

[quote name='SteveChiller']I just bought UMVC3 on Tuesday with that $20 coupon. Would be nice to get it for $10.[/QUOTE]

Same here. I wonder if they will price adjust for us.

bread's done
Back