Sunday Ad Video Game Deals (4/29/12 to 5/5/12)

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
[preview][img-r=1]441[/img-r]
iconbestbuy.gif
Best Buy holds a sale on Nintendo Selects games, 2 for $30. UFC 3 Undisputed, Goldeneye 007 Reloaded, NBA 2K12 GOTY are $39.99 each.

icongs_r1.gif
GameStop discounts Mass Effect 3 to $39.99 and takes 50% off the Move Sharpshooter ($19.99) and Move Controller ($24.99).

kmart.gif
Kmart offers its Rewards Members a $25 gaming coupon with the purchase of a Wii console.

icontarget.gif
Target throws in Unit 13 and a 4GB memory card with the a purchase of a PS Vita and Nintendogs with a Nintendo 3DS system purchase. Get a $20 gift card with the purchase of either AC: Revelations, Mass Effect 3, Call of Duty MW3, Battlefield 3, or Tiger PGA 13 AND the pre-order either AC III, Ghost Recon Future Soldier, Max Payne 3, Madden 13 or NCAA Football 13.

icontoysrus_r1.gif
Toys R Us includes a $20 gift card with the Xbox 360 Kinect bundle and a $20 gift card with the Nintendo 3D. Buy 2 select games for $60: Assassin's Creed Revelations, Batman: Arkham City, Battlefield 3, Final Fantasy XIII-2, Gears of War 3 (Epic Edition qualifies for this deal), Modern Warfare 3, and Soul Calibur V.[/preview]

The Rest of the Deals...
All MRSP prices have been removed.

Best Buy (Ad)
Thanks, MidnightMetal - See post here

:wii: Nintendo Wii w/NSMB $139.99
:wii: Wii Accessories Package $49.97 (Save $35)
  • Rocketfish Dual Charge Station (Reg. $24.99)
  • Rocketfish Component Cable (Reg. $27.99)
  • Afterglow Remote and Nunchuk Set (Reg. $31.99)
:wii: All Nintendo Selects Games 2 for $30
  • Super Paper Mario
  • Mario Super Sluggers
  • Mario Strikers Charged
  • Super Mario Galaxy
  • Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
  • Wii Sports

:360::ps3: UFC 3 Undisputed $39.99
Most Copies should have the 'Ultimate Knockouts 7' DVD(360) or Bluray(PS3)​
:360::ps3: Goldeneye 007 Reloaded $39.99
:360::ps3: NBA 2K12 GOTY $39.99

:360::ps3: Red Dead Redemption GOTY $29.99
:360::ps3: Grand Theft Auto IV Complete Edition $19.99
:360::ps3: Wipeout 2 $29.99
:wii: Zumba Fitness 2 $29.99
:wii: Epic Mickey $19.99
:wii: Wipeout 2 $19.99
:3ds: Ghost Recon Shadow Wars $11.99
:3ds: Rayman 3D $11.99
:ds: Toy Story 3 $11.99

GameStop (Ad)
Thanks, Borellius - See post here
Valid until 5/1

:360::ps3: Mass Effect 3 $39.99
:360::ps3: RE: Operation Raccoon City $49.99
:360::ps3: Ninja Gaiden 3$ 49.99
:360::ps3: FIFA Soccer 12 $39.99
:360::ps3: Warhammer Space Marine 40K $14.99 USED
:ps3: Move Sharpshooter $19.99
:ps3: Move Controller $24.99
30% bonus credit on trade-ins towards Prototype 2

Kmart (Ad)
Thanks, LouieT - See post here

:wii: Shop Your Way Rewards members only:
Buy the Wii for $149.99, get a $25 gaming coupon towards a future gaming purchase between May 6 through June 9.

Target (Ad)
Thanks, litepink - See post here

:ps3::360: Free $20 Gift Card w/ purchase of either AC: Revelations, Mass Effect 3, Call of Duty MW3, Battlefield 3, or Tiger PGA 13 AND you pre-order either ACIII, Ghost Recon Future Soldier, Max Payne 3, Madden 13 or NCAA Football 13.

:psp: Buy a PS Vita, get Unit 13 game and 4GB memory card free
:psp: Vita Games- Uncharted $39.99, MLB 12/Ultimate MvC 3/FIFA 12 $29.99 each

:3ds: Buy a 3DS game system, get Nintendogs free
:3ds: Spirit Camera $29.99, Cars 2 $19.99, Tetris Axis $18

:360: Xbox 360 4GB Kinect Bundle $279.99
:360: Kinect Sensor $129

Toys R Us (Ad)
Thanks, LouieT - See post here

:360: Buy the 4GB Xbox 360 with Kinect bundle for $299.99, get a $20 Toys R Us gift card. In-store only.
:3ds: Buy the 3DS for $169.99, get a $20 Toys R Us gift card. In-store only.

icontoysrus_r1.gif
Buy 2 games from the list below for $60:
:360::ps3: Assassin's Creed Revelations
:360::ps3: Batman: Arkham City
:360::ps3: Battlefield 3
:360::ps3: Final Fantasy XIII-2
:360: Gears of War 3 (This thread confirms that the Epic Edition qualifies for this deal)
:360::ps3: Modern Warfare 3
:360::ps3: Soul Calibur V​

Last edited by a moderator:
How do i start a price match? DO i go to the register and say hey best buy has this game i.e) Mass effect 3 for 40 dollars. Price match it now! RAWR! ? and they have to match it?

[quote name='Guillermo_IGN']How do i start a price match? DO i go to the register and say hey best buy has this game i.e) Mass effect 3 for 40 dollars. Price match it now! RAWR! ? and they have to match it?[/QUOTE]

Yes. Do exactly that. =P

You need to find a print ad (flyer, etc) showing the price of the game you want to match, then bring the game and the flyer to customer service at the store you want to match it to. It's painless.

[quote name='Guillermo_IGN']How do i start a price match? DO i go to the register and say hey best buy has this game i.e) Mass effect 3 for 40 dollars. Price match it now! RAWR! ? and they have to match it?[/QUOTE]

1. Get the actual paper Best Buy ad showing the $40 sale price of the game. (Better to bring the whole paper ad, encase the employee is strict like the ones at my Target)
  2. Walk into the gaming section, and tell the employee you want ME3 plus you like to price match Best Buy's price.
  3. If everything goes smoothly, that is basically it.

[quote name='htz']
  1. Get the actual paper Best Buy ad showing the $40 sale price of the game. (Better to bring the whole paper ad, encase the employee is strict like the ones at my Target)
  2. Walk into the gaming section, and tell the employee you want ME3 plus you like to price match Best Buy's price.
  3. If everything goes smoothly, that is basically it.
[/QUOTE]

My Target is the same way. I price matched American Dad Volume 7 (would have just bought it at BBY, but it's across town), and they were strict that it COULD NOT be a mobile ad, or a printout, or the product page printout. Had to be THE ad. Then, the worker examined the ad like they were expecting to find something wrong; like a one-day sale or special offer. All for $5 off a DVD no will buy! (sadly)

I know it's their policy to have the actual ad...but really? It was a bit much.

[quote name='crookshow']Maybe this has already been mentioned in another thread, but I got an e-mail the other day awarding me $10 in SYWR points for being a "valued member" or whatever. Only downside is that it expires on the 30th. Haven't stepped into a k-mart since last Nov. when they had the Skyrim/AC:R/MW3/etc. 2 for $70, but I did buy practically every major release there last year. Just wanted to give a heads up for people to check their e-mails for this.[/QUOTE]

I'll check my email as well. I recently spent over $50, and received a $5. Now I have $15 in gift cards. The $5 giftcard expires on the 5th. What to spend my money on is the question...

[quote name='ijustw1n']Yes the crappy deal about the $20 gift card is a few of those games including ac:r and mw3 are $39.99 and lower now. Might as well get them now if you're considering the gift card then it's money in the bank, not in target.[/QUOTE]

You can price match and still get the $20 TGC.
It's just a matter if other stores will have those selected titles on sale next week or not.

The Walmart I went to today had the Rose & Blue DSi XL's already marked to $130. The display tag went into effect on 4/27. Good deal on this unit, I've never seen it this low anywhere before.

might have to pick up ad and take to target to pm battlefield 3 for $40. plus extra $20 gift card and then sell online pass since i already have one.

That's a pretty decent deal on a Vita. Wish it was someone would price match it and had the $300 for it. :(

Would prefer to get it through someone with a rewards program like Best Buy, Gamestop, or Kmart/Sears.

I want that Vita deal but I don't care about the Unit 13 game. Is there any chance that Target would let me exchange it for a different game or for store credit?

the only ones i dont have are BF3 and SCV. and i have AC on ps3 but im sure if i had it on 360 i could play with my one friend(but not worth buying the same game for 30 dollars on another system)

backlog is entirely too epic though. not that that has ever stopped me from buying games before.

[quote name='qaopjlll']I want that Vita deal but I don't care about the Unit 13 game. Is there any chance that Target would let me exchange it for a different game or for store credit?[/QUOTE]

probably not. but you could trade it in to best buy, which is giving pretty decent TIV for it. or gamestop.

Quick question
For Red Dead Redemption
LA Noire
and GTA Complete Edition

Which is better for which console?

I already have RDR and LANoire on 360 but was wondering if it's better picking it up for PS3?

Is it true that some of the DS games don't look as good on the larger screen? Do these units suffer from the infamous DS Lite wobbly screen? :bouncy:

rdr complete 360
LA Noire ps3
for la noire- get the complete ed, the extra content is soooo worth it. u should've got it for 10 at target after the coupon.

[quote name='iduncurr']Quick question
For Red Dead Redemption
LA Noire
and GTA Complete Edition

Which is better for which console?

I already have RDR and LANoire on 360 but was wondering if it's better picking it up for PS3?[/QUOTE]

Hey everyone, I'm new to the forum... I hope all is well & blessed with you all...With some of the games listed couldn't you use the TRU sales ad & get them for $30 & still get the gift card as well??? Might have to do two different buys though. Probley could get two different $20 gift cards... I know this might be a lil far out there though to get this done. Just it maybe could work. But I agree though target is stricted lmao.

will Target refund back the difference for the vita games I bought yesterday in the $20 coupon deal? I bought Unit 13 and MVC 3 but I am not sure they will refund back the difference since I used the coupon. It would be nice to get back $20 for both games. Anyone know their price match policy for coupons?

[quote name='Rodster']Is it true that some of the DS games don't look as good on the larger screen? Do these units suffer from the infamous DS Lite wobbly screen? :bouncy:[/QUOTE]

Not sure about the wobbly screen, but I don't believe any games are actually made for the DSi XL's size, so they are merely stretched to fit the size. It looks fine in most games but I've definitely heard that with some it just doesn't look right.

I like the look of the XL, tho.

I think it looks great. Much better than playing DS games on the 3DS. The XL's resolution is the same as the originals, just bigger.

[quote name='iduncurr']I actually did pick up LA Noire for $10 @Target.
but I got it for 360. The box hypnotized me into buying it.

What about GTA?[/QUOTE]

GTA4 performs a bit better on the 360. The PS3 version has all the content on one disc whereas the 360 version on the main game on one disc and the two DLC episodes on a second disc.

If i purchased ac rev last week with my 20 off coupon can I go this week and price match add the preorder and get my $20 gift card? Do you think Target will do that? Thanks.

[quote name='Thrinn']GTA4 performs a bit better on the 360. The PS3 version has all the content on one disc whereas the 360 version on the main game on one disc and the two DLC episodes on a second disc.[/QUOTE]

Sounds like the story of every multi-platform game.

[quote name='sassylaurie']Sounds like the story of every multi-platform game.[/QUOTE]

While that use to be the case, the quality of cross platform games has evened out much more in recent years. Keep in mind that GTA4 is four years old and was being developed right around the time when developers were still struggling to wrap their heads around the PS3's hardware.

[quote name='Coolness']Does the gift card deal apply to the mario 3d land bundle as well?[/QUOTE]

Isn't the Mario bundle 210?

Wouldn't you be better off buying a 3DS then using the giftcard on Mario later?

[quote name='gsclare']If i purchased ac rev last week with my 20 off coupon can I go this week and price match add the preorder and get my $20 gift card? Do you think Target will do that? Thanks.[/QUOTE]

Not sure but I went this morning cause I bought a couple to resale (ac:r) with receipt target was only refunding me the 9.99 and was unwilling to do the whole $29.99 even after I told them that I would be losing my 2 trades, they just told me to go to cell phone department to sort it out but figured not worth the trouble so left. Went to Walmart with no receipt and got $42 and change lol.

Thanks OP bought the vita with all the credit I got from trading and selling from the certificate deal. Can anyone say brand new vita with free game and card for under $120 I can lol

[quote name='Thrinn']GTA4 performs a bit better on the 360. The PS3 version has all the content on one disc whereas the 360 version on the main game on one disc and the two DLC episodes on a second disc.[/QUOTE]
I've noticed that when I'm playing multiplayer and I get whizzing along at a decent clip in either a chopper or a car some parts of the environment suffer from pop-in. It's very severe at times, where whole blocks of the city will turn into a blue screen and then the buildings will finally materialize after another 5-10 seconds.:shock: But I think this is likely because the GTA games are constantly streaming stuff from the disc and maybe the lens in the PS3 just can't keep up.:whistle2:#

By the way, Duke Nukem Forever is down to $4.99 in store. I grabbed a copy for PS3, since I never finished it when I had it before.

I also picked up four pre-owned games(God Of War III, Two Worlds II, Battlefield: Bad Company 2 and Burnout Paradise) and a new copy of Disney Universe while there.

[quote name='styl3s']Do you need GTA IV to play the DLC? or can i buy the DLC disc or on XBLA and play them without owning GTAIV?

Beat GTA IV and have no interest in buying or playing it again but i hear great things about the 2 DLC.[/QUOTE]
The downloadable versions require the GTA IV disc to play, but the standalone disc version of the Episodes doesn't need it.

[quote name='dizwikedcbr']does anyone know if best buy would price match on the 2 for $60 deals?[/QUOTE]

Yes they do but I would really want to price match at target where they are also giving $20 gc for each game.

I went to my local BB today (Colma, CA) and tried to get them to match the 19.99 Darkness II tweet. Got rejected by the manager because they only go by what pops up in the system. Blast.

I managed to price match the Vita deal at my Best Buy. Total was just under $270 after tax for the wifi vita, Unit 13, and 4G memory card. Not too bad considering I'm getting $10 in reward zone from it as well!

[quote name='GBAstar']Anyone know if the titles in the OP (part of the $20GC promotion) are on sale or are they all MSRP?[/QUOTE]

I stopped in at a Target today and AC:R was $60.

[quote name='snacks2000']hey everyone, i'm new to the forum... I hope all is well & blessed with you all...[/quote]

suck it

If AC:R was still at 30$ then it'd be a good deal, but somehow I doubt it. Might as well just wait until BBY drops it to 30$ again and use the Gamer mag to get another 20$ off.

On the 360 version of NBA 2K12 does anyone know if the Legends DLC is:

1. a one time redeemable code or
2. play directly from the disc or
3. installs to HD from the disc?

bread's done
Back