Sunday Ad Video Game Deals (8/10 to 8/16)

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
iconbestbuy.gif
Best Buy knocks $10 off the PS4 Camera ans Gold Wireless Headset.

18_t.gif
GameStop promotes a PC sale and 40% bonus credit offer.

kmart.gif
Kmart's reward members get $50 in points with purchase of an Xbox One with Kinect , $15 in points with Titanfall $49.99 (XB1), and/or $15 in points with purchase of MGS Ground Zeroes (XB1) $29.99

icontarget.gif
Target knocks $35 off the combined purchase of a PS4 and PS+ and discounts $15 off any game $39.99 or higher when you pre-order any game for a $1.

icontoysrus_r1.gif
Toys R Us offers a buy 1, get 1 50% off sale on all Skylanders single figures, a 50% off sale on Skylanders Spyro’s Adventure 3-pks & Adventure packs, and $50 off a Wii U Skylanders Bundle.

The Rest of the Deals...
MRSP prices have been removed.

Best Buy (Ad)
Thanks, Twitter - See original post

:ps4: Save $10 on ps+ 1 year membership when you buy a ps4

:ps4: Buy a Sony tv and a ps4 and get digital copies of: mlb 14 the show, knack, infamous 2nd son, and killzone shadow fall

:ps4: ps4 camera $49.99

:ps4: gold headset $89.99

iconbestbuy.gif
  UFC is $39.99

iconbestbuy.gif
  transformers $49.99 on ps4 & x1, $39.99 on ps3 & 360

:ps4: :xb1: lego movie game and lego hobbit $29.99 each (only shows ps4 & x1 versions)

:360: :ps3: gta v $39.99

:360: :ps3: cod ghosts $39.99

:360: :ps3: nba 2k14 or  wwe 2k14  $29.99

iconbestbuy.gif
trade madden 25 on ps4/x1 and get $25 towards madden 15, or 360/ps3 versions get $15 towards it. plus $10 off certificate for it. so $35 off and $25 off i believe

iconbestbuy.gif
  get a free giants character when you buy any skylanders sky force character

GameStop (Ad)
Ends 7/16
18_t.gif
Buy a Disney Infinity Starter Set, get a free Playset

:360: :ps3: :pc: Borderlands 2 GOTY $24.99

:360: :ps3: :pc: Bioshock Infinite
18_t.gif
40% bonus credit for members who trade toward select titles
:pc: PC sales

Kmart (Ad)
Thanks, inky1600 - See original post
kmart.gif
SYWR members get:

$50 in points with purchase of XBone with Kinect $499.99

$15 in points with purchase of Titanfall XBone $49.99

$15 in points with purchase of MGS Ground Zeroes XBone $29.99

All points expire two weeks after purchase(no set end date this time-maybe this will become the norm going forward)

:xb1: In addition, $10 off XBone controller with purchase of any XBone console

Target (Ad)
Thanks, Twitter- See original post

:ps4: Save $35 on ps+ 1 year membership when you buy a ps4.

icontarget.gif
Save $15 ON ANY GAME $39.99 OR HIGHER WHEN YOU PREORDER A GAME FOR $1.

Toys R Us (Ad)
icontoysrus_r1.gif
  BUY 1 GET 1 50% OFF ALL Skylanders single figures

icontoysrus_r1.gif
50% OFF ALL Skylanders Spyro’s Adventure 3-pks & Adventure packs
:wiiu:  SAVE $50 on a Wii U Skylanders Bundle

Walmart (Ad)

nada

Last edited by a moderator:
Well right now it seems like the best to flip at Target during the B1G15off is

Paper Mario Sticker Star 3DS Gamestop

Spirit Camera The Cursed Memoir 3DS Gamestop
Cabela's Dangerous Hunts 2013 Wii U Amazon
WipeOut 3 360 Walmart
Resident Evil Operation Raccoon City CE PS3 Gamestop Assuming you get a employee who just matches to the regular edition

Does anyone know if you get a negative amount with the promo you get the credit on other purchases? I have some others but I think someone else is more qualified to make a list. I'll also check tomorrow to see if there any other flips. I suppose the cartwheel promo might add a bit more as well.

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate Gamestop 19.99

That's crap, they're just making up excuses. There's nothing in their policy that says that "add to cart" discounts are not included.
TO follow up on my difficulty with price matching at Best Buy. I made a post on the Best Buy forum explaining the situation and received a PM from an employee. He offered me a free copy of Madden 25 for the difficulty I received - how cool is that!?

target will limit you to 1 transaction, 3 items max, no duplicate in one week period and its checked by drivers license so may wanna hold off on your flip empire

I was at Seal Beach, CA Target this morning, ready to get some ps3 copies of ghosts. I noticed 2 younger gentlemen attempting to do the price match and the pre order card for the ps3 version of cod. instead of heading to electronics and sat back and watched the reaction of the clerk and see if she was cool with the double stacking. The supervisor was next to her, overlooking the transaction and waiting to input her override. As soon as i saw her shake her head i knew it was time to abort mission. I went on to the next target and was successful. managed to snag 1 360 copy, 1 xb1 copy and 2 ps3 copies. of course i had to mask those promos by throwing in filler items (USB thumb drives, Headsets)

first time I got shot down at my local Target. Manager rang me up and after she saw the discount even with some filler items she said I couldn't do a price match & promotions.too bad, I had a good run at my target.

TO follow up on my difficulty with price matching at Best Buy. I made a post on the Best Buy forum explaining the situation and received a PM from an employee. He offered me a free copy of Madden 25 for the difficulty I received - how cool is that!?
Sweet as hell, good job.

From what I understand, I get an Alpha Sapphire preorder card for $1, and when it comes out, I get it for $15 less. Then, price match Ghosts 360 with Amazon and get Ghosts for $15 cheaper. Altogether, about $32. I'm not counting Red Card savings either. Any other ways to make this cheaper? And pardon my newbness please haha

From what I understand, I get an Alpha Sapphire preorder card for $1, and when it comes out, I get it for $15 less. Then, price match Ghosts 360 with Amazon and get Ghosts for $15 cheaper. Altogether, about $32. I'm not counting Red Card savings either. Any other ways to make this cheaper? And pardon my newbness please haha
That is not how it works. If you preorder Alpha Sapphire you get a game that costs $39.99 or above $15 off. If you pricematch that price is knocked off by $15 due to the preorder. Your Alpha Sapphire won't have the $15 discount.

Will Gamestop let you trade in 2 copies of Ghosts for the Xbox One and also do you trade it in sealed or is it better to do it without?

Will Gamestop let you trade in 2 copies of Ghosts for the Xbox One and also do you trade it in sealed or is it better to do it without?
You can't trade in 2 copies of the same game for the same system at once. You also can't trade in sealed games. I made that mistake once when i did my first trade and the worker got mad at me. Maybe you could do it if the worker doesn't care

So trading in Ghosts for the Xbox One and PS4 works towards the extra $15? I got 10 copies of Ghosts only for the Xbox One from Target not sure on how to approach trading these in.

So trading in Ghosts for the Xbox One and PS4 works towards the extra $15? I got 10 copies of Ghosts only for the Xbox One from Target not sure on how to approach trading these in.
Probably trading in only 4 would be best, assuming you don't want to get banned.

looks like you'll be building yourself a ghosts fortress.

you can trade in 4 into gamestop, but without another ps4 game you won't get the bonus and almost none will take two xbone ghosts at a time, and many won't even take ps4+xbone ghosts in one trade either (they should, but won't). If you trade in more than 4 in a 30 day period you will get banned from trading for 90 days. Best Buy gives you $9 for ghosts, Amazon gives $6.50, not much more than you paid, and each has a limit of 2-3.

so yeah have fun with all those ghosts

I suggest buying 4 copies of fighter within from Amazon and then taking 4 sets (fighter and COD) to GS (not all at once) and trading them in. With your remaining COD you can see if target will do an exchange for the PS4 copies which is very YMMV. If you get the PS4 copies then buy some NBA Live 14's from Amazon and trade those sets into GS.

If you are stuck with the 6 copies of COD on XB1 your best bet is to unload them at Walmart for $11.32 or Best Buy for $9. Best Buy has a limit of 3, if you go over that you risk getting banned. Walmart to my knowledge is just a limit of 2 per transaction. Some employees might even let you do multiple transactions on the spot.

I often wonder how evolved someone is when they try to trade in a sealed game. Taking a second to open the game before going in is not an option? No one ever gave the impression that you get more for a sealed game. I'm sure this action is equal to the time period that cavemen endured when they were trying to steal dinosaur eggs.

I often wonder how evolved someone is when they try to trade in a sealed game. Taking a second to open the game before going in is not an option? No one ever gave the impression that you get more for a sealed game. I'm sure this action is equal to the time period that cavemen endured when they were trying to steal dinosaur eggs.
I've done it, and both completed the transaction and rejected (at the last second, by a different employee than the one helping me). I really just did it in case the trade value was changed when I arrived, I'd have the option of returning the game to the place of purchase. All I did was open them and come back the next day.

Trade 4 at Gamestop and the rest at Walmart they will take each copy for $11.32.

[quote name="Fatpeoplestink" post="11995276" timestamp="1407597330"]I often wonder how evolved someone is when they try to trade in a sealed game. Taking a second to open the game before going in is not an option? No one ever gave the impression that you get more for a sealed game. I'm sure this action is equal to the time period that cavemen endured when they were trying to steal dinosaur eggs.[/quote]

Wait cavemen and dinosaur were around at the same time?
So all those scientist are wrong.

[quote name="PlatTheFormer" post="11995498" timestamp="1407605905"]Got 4 copies of ghosts for 88 cents each and flipped them at multiple gamestops and a bestbuy. Was able to grab the new ces cru ablum with the best buy credit. Great deal[/quote]omg no way

[quote name="Jimbo504" post="11995680" timestamp="1407610316"]welp, I'll be picking up Disgaea 4 for Vita when it comes out on tuesday with this $15 off deal. :D[/quote]
Is that game any good? Just bought a vita and I'm trying to buy some games for it.

Is that game any good? Just bought a vita and I'm trying to buy some games for it.
I've only played the first Disgaea on PS2 way back in the day, but I sank a ton of time into that game, and everything I have read says this one is the best in the series since the original.

welp, I'll be picking up Disgaea 4 for Vita when it comes out on tuesday with this $15 off deal. :D
best of luck doing it since target said they WILL NOT CARRY IT IN STORES

i hope they are wrong cause i will as well but dont count on doing it.

love to get it matched somewhere disgaea 4 for 25 would be very nice

So GameStop bans you after trading in more than 4 games. Do they actually ask for I.D. when you trade games in and will it make a difference if I trade them in to different GameStops? 

best of luck doing it since target said they WILL NOT CARRY IT IN STORES

i hope they are wrong cause i will as well but dont count on doing it.

love to get it matched somewhere disgaea 4 for 25 would be very nice
Are you just basing this on the product page on their website? because it also says unavailable online. I'm assuming both of those will change once the game has actually been released, otherwise why would they have a product page for it in the first place?

So GameStop bans you after trading in more than 4 games. Do they actually ask for I.D. when you trade games in and will it make a difference if I trade them in to different GameStops?
Depends on where you live. Some states require ID and even fingerprints. Honestly if you are in a state that doesn't check ID and you don't use your PUR card you could do it.

may wanna wait for someone to do a test buy before you go all crazy, I have a strong suspicion that target will be changing their register software to remove any discounts if a price match occurs on an item, thats what best buy has been doing for a while now and is the smart thing to do.

Are you just basing this on the product page on their website? because it also says unavailable online. I'm assuming both of those will change once the game has actually been released, otherwise why would they have a product page for it in the first place?
worker in store told me they will not carry. there are a few games that have pages that are not online or in store dont ask why

looks like you'll be building yourself a ghosts fortress.

you can trade in 4 into gamestop, but without another ps4 game you won't get the bonus and almost none will take two xbone ghosts at a time, and many won't even take ps4+xbone ghosts in one trade either (they should, but won't). If you trade in more than 4 in a 30 day period you will get banned from trading for 90 days. Best Buy gives you $9 for ghosts, Amazon gives $6.50, not much more than you paid, and each has a limit of 2-3.

so yeah have fun with all those ghosts
You'll get banned if you trade in a total of 4 or more games at two different gamestops or at one gamestop?

If you trade in five or more copies within 30 days at any Gamestop as long as they have your ID they will ban you. PUR cards are a form of ID.

B1G15OFF Spreadsheet. There are probably more and feel free to take what I have currently or contact me so I can add some.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Kf_4QyemXfk8qb4h2H8MkqzVFxxL4VY9-HfkXYUUbkM/edit#gid=0

If no one wants to format it so it looks better please tell me what to change format wise so it looks better.

Can people edit my document? I don't know google documents that well and I rather not have someone destroy it all.
Damn good thing I didn't get a bunch or should I say, target didn't let me. I didn't think about the PUR cards that way, thanks for the info man. I'm ready for that assassin's creed black flag for ps3

may wanna wait for someone to do a test buy before you go all crazy, I have a strong suspicion that target will be changing their register software to remove any discounts if a price match occurs on an item, thats what best buy has been doing for a while now and is the smart thing to do.
Someone always says this before every target reservation card promotion. Just sayin

Someone always says this before every target reservation card promotion. Just sayin
Well, they added the I.D. check/lock during the Double Trade promo, after everyone went balls-to-the-wall during the Triple Trade, so it's pretty logical to think it could actually happen.

Well, they added the I.D. check/lock during the Double Trade promo, after everyone went balls-to-the-wall during the Triple Trade, so it's pretty logical to think it could actually happen.
Honestly there is no correlation there. The trade in rules are set by nextworth. The target cash registers are coded by target. You are not buying/price matching at target mobile. Nextworth did a good job reacting and preventing further abuse with future promotions. Target has done nothing with the registers to prevent anything. Bottom line is they are not allowed to grant the price matching with reservation cards under store policy so why should they? Of course cags apparently know the store policy better than the employees so we keep capitalizing

Just to add my two cents why we souls at least have Sunday to take advantage of this, I have been able to get a few CODs this week and even 3 today, and given that the pm+preorder worked about 2 hours ago and all darn week I very much suspect any roll out of a systems update would not happen tonight.

Then again, an update that stops the double dip could be within the the same system update that allows the 15$ off any 39.99$ games.

Regardless I'll be giving it a subtle test around 10am EST tomorrow. Good luck all.

Does anyone know what happens if you get a negative value during the B1G15off previously. I know it may or may not work this time but since there are so many combos that give you money people might be able to get a free game(s) as well.

[quote name="Sathelan" post="11990036" timestamp="1407429081"]That's a really good deal for a ps4 camera.[/quote]
I got it from target price match to Walmart for $43

Honestly there is no correlation there. The trade in rules are set by nextworth. The target cash registers are coded by target. You are not buying/price matching at target mobile. Nextworth did a good job reacting and preventing further abuse with future promotions. Target has done nothing with the registers to prevent anything. Bottom line is they are not allowed to grant the price matching with reservation cards under store policy so why should they? Of course cags apparently know the store policy better than the employees so we keep capitalizing
Agreed, they should have employees smart enough to not let it happen in the first place (and some stores, mine included, do). However, when your business is one with a high employee turnover rate, and this deal is fairly uncommon, it's unsurprising that you would have the occasional employee who has never had this deal present while employed at the store, and as such, might not have known/been trained on this type of double-dip.

Meanwhile, I don't know how Target's computer systems are deployed. Yes, NextWorth runs the trade-in stuff, but it could still be Target's software folks developing the programs for the mobile registers, unless you somehow have learned that NextWorth has their own software people deployed code for Target's registers (totally possible, if they also work with other facets of the mobile department).

It's not my saying it'll happen, more a warning that it could, and to not throw a bunch of seed money into it before we know it works.

Does anyone know what happens if you get a negative value during the B1G15off previously. I know it may or may not work this time but since there are so many combos that give you money people might be able to get a free game(s) as well.
You basically get the game free, plus the $1 reservation card. So anything that winds up in the negative is a buck total.

Agreed, they should have employees smart enough to not let it happen in the first place (and some stores, mine included, do). However, when your business is one with a high employee turnover rate, and this deal is fairly uncommon, it's unsurprising that you would have the occasional employee who has never had this deal present while employed at the store, and as such, might not have known/been trained on this type of double-dip.

Meanwhile, I don't know how Target's computer systems are deployed. Yes, NextWorth runs the trade-in stuff, but it could still be Target's software folks developing the programs for the mobile registers, unless you somehow have learned that NextWorth has their own software people deployed code for Target's registers (totally possible, if they also work with other facets of the mobile department).

It's not my saying it'll happen, more a warning that it could, and to not throw a bunch of seed money into it before we know it works.
Do your target mobile departments have registers? Just curious. None of the targets by me do. If I want to buy a phone the target mobile rep signs into their computer to set up the contract and any possible trade in and ultimately hands me off to the electronics department to get rung up

bread's done
Back