Sunday Ad Video Game Deals (8/10 to 8/16)

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
iconbestbuy.gif
Best Buy knocks $10 off the PS4 Camera ans Gold Wireless Headset.

18_t.gif
GameStop promotes a PC sale and 40% bonus credit offer.

kmart.gif
Kmart's reward members get $50 in points with purchase of an Xbox One with Kinect , $15 in points with Titanfall $49.99 (XB1), and/or $15 in points with purchase of MGS Ground Zeroes (XB1) $29.99

icontarget.gif
Target knocks $35 off the combined purchase of a PS4 and PS+ and discounts $15 off any game $39.99 or higher when you pre-order any game for a $1.

icontoysrus_r1.gif
Toys R Us offers a buy 1, get 1 50% off sale on all Skylanders single figures, a 50% off sale on Skylanders Spyro’s Adventure 3-pks & Adventure packs, and $50 off a Wii U Skylanders Bundle.

The Rest of the Deals...
MRSP prices have been removed.

Best Buy (Ad)
Thanks, Twitter - See original post

:ps4: Save $10 on ps+ 1 year membership when you buy a ps4

:ps4: Buy a Sony tv and a ps4 and get digital copies of: mlb 14 the show, knack, infamous 2nd son, and killzone shadow fall

:ps4: ps4 camera $49.99

:ps4: gold headset $89.99

iconbestbuy.gif
  UFC is $39.99

iconbestbuy.gif
  transformers $49.99 on ps4 & x1, $39.99 on ps3 & 360

:ps4: :xb1: lego movie game and lego hobbit $29.99 each (only shows ps4 & x1 versions)

:360: :ps3: gta v $39.99

:360: :ps3: cod ghosts $39.99

:360: :ps3: nba 2k14 or  wwe 2k14  $29.99

iconbestbuy.gif
trade madden 25 on ps4/x1 and get $25 towards madden 15, or 360/ps3 versions get $15 towards it. plus $10 off certificate for it. so $35 off and $25 off i believe

iconbestbuy.gif
  get a free giants character when you buy any skylanders sky force character

GameStop (Ad)
Ends 7/16
18_t.gif
Buy a Disney Infinity Starter Set, get a free Playset

:360: :ps3: :pc: Borderlands 2 GOTY $24.99

:360: :ps3: :pc: Bioshock Infinite
18_t.gif
40% bonus credit for members who trade toward select titles
:pc: PC sales

Kmart (Ad)
Thanks, inky1600 - See original post
kmart.gif
SYWR members get:

$50 in points with purchase of XBone with Kinect $499.99

$15 in points with purchase of Titanfall XBone $49.99

$15 in points with purchase of MGS Ground Zeroes XBone $29.99

All points expire two weeks after purchase(no set end date this time-maybe this will become the norm going forward)

:xb1: In addition, $10 off XBone controller with purchase of any XBone console

Target (Ad)
Thanks, Twitter- See original post

:ps4: Save $35 on ps+ 1 year membership when you buy a ps4.

icontarget.gif
Save $15 ON ANY GAME $39.99 OR HIGHER WHEN YOU PREORDER A GAME FOR $1.

Toys R Us (Ad)
icontoysrus_r1.gif
  BUY 1 GET 1 50% OFF ALL Skylanders single figures

icontoysrus_r1.gif
50% OFF ALL Skylanders Spyro’s Adventure 3-pks & Adventure packs
:wiiu:  SAVE $50 on a Wii U Skylanders Bundle

Walmart (Ad)

nada

Last edited by a moderator:
its cheaper buying a used copy of madden 25 xbone/ps4 at Gamestop, especially if you have PUR Pro and some points.  Its $25.xx used, 20% bday coupon stacks with the coupon you can get for 6k points that takes $10 off a used game making it a total of $12.xx after tax.

its cheaper buying a used copy of madden 25 xbone/ps4 at Gamestop, especially if you have PUR Pro and some points. Its $25.xx used, 20% bday coupon stacks with the coupon you can get for 6k points that takes $10 off a used game making it a total of $12.xx after tax.
It's $27.99 used, meaning $20.15 before tax, after the coupon and PUR Pro sub. I don't have jack for points on my GameStop account right now (like 2K or so, spent them all during the Target Triple Trade), so I can't get a $10 off coupon right now (nor will I probably in the near-future, as I have no shopping plans for GS). Anyway, after tax, it would be $21.87 here. After tax, Best Buy would give me a new copy of the game for $21.67. Only a 20-cent difference, but I get rewards points on an account (My Best Buy) that I use frequently, rather than one I might not even renew this year (PUR Pro), due to GCU's superior pricing.

Plus, the GameStop route requires hoping you don't get a dedicated employee who checks your birthday against the coupon's use date. This route gets me a new copy and involves less human interaction.

Sorry for the dumb question.

So if I go into target tonight and grab a game say Mario Party Island Tour($39.99) or Call of Duty Ghosts($60)

And have them price match amazon for Mario Party($27) or Ghosts for example($22) and then got a pre order for say Super Smash Bros 4($1)

Then respectively Mario Party should cost me $12 and Ghosts about a dollar?

Mind you, I used two different games as an example not that I would buy both at the same time.

Also can you get your money back on pre orders?

none of that will work, (1) the target deal is 8/10-8/16 not today, (2) you need to pre-order one game for each game you want a discount on so you'd need two pre-orders, (3) $27 - 15 = $12,  $22 - 15 = $7 so thats $12+7+2 = $22+tax total.  (4) we don't know how exactly the PM/preorder are going to interact yet, and won't until sunday 8/10.

yes in the past you could walk out with $22+tax for both games, as the system allowed PM and $15 discount no problem.  We just don't know if that will happen again this sunday or if the register will throw away the $15 discount on PM'd video games.  

http://m.imgur.com/GbT7fwq

This is gonna be a great deal for GCU members. The game comes out to either $3 or $5 after trading in a PS4/X1 copy.
how about this?

48 - 10 (coupon) - 27.50 (gcu trade in) - 10 (rewards cert) = 0.50 plus tax? in my case i paid $20 for madden 25 pm'd to tiger direct, so it's still 20+ something total but way better than 60 for day one purchase.

Sorry for the dumb question.

So if I go into target tonight and grab a game say Mario Party Island Tour($39.99) or Call of Duty Ghosts($60)

And have them price match amazon for Mario Party($27) or Ghosts for example($22) and then got a pre order for say Super Smash Bros 4($1)

Then respectively Mario Party should cost me $12 and Ghosts about a dollar?

Mind you, I used two different games as an example not that I would buy both at the same time.

Also can you get your money back on pre orders?
You have to buy Ghosts now since the sale will most likely end 8/10 though if you can stack the $20 off and $15 that will be great.

Is this COD Ghost deal going on right now? I didn't see it listed anywhere. Do you know if this works on the Wii U version? It's $15.68 at amazon right now and trades to GS for $12.
You cannot price match third party sellers unless the customer service rep doesn't understand Target's prime matching policy. Amazon is selling the Wii U version for $47.30.

Just did this awhile ago and the clerk just stared at the price of two cod ghosts go down to $4 total with tax. I bet he got mindfucked and thought he'd get in trouble.

What are the chances of them giving you back $10 credit if you hand them the coupon when you pick up previously paid for online pre-order? I'm hesitant the cancel my online preorder because I'm using a rewards certificate and a $30 promotion code from the Persona Q collector's edition fiasco. Also not sure if I still have the spent gift cards I used.

The Ultimate edition and regular edition have different SKUs right? So if I were to preorder both, I would get two separate $10 certificate from My Best Buy correct? I plan on doing this twice, i.e. trading in two Madden 25s to get two coupons and therefore purchase two Madden 15s... but I'd want two $10 certs coming back.
The only way you get 2 $10 pre-order/purchase certs is if you have 2 GC accounts & 2 mybb accounts. But to get both games for $48 you need 2 GCU accounts.

What are the chances of them giving you back $10 credit if you hand them the coupon when you pick up previously paid for online pre-order? I'm hesitant the cancel my online preorder because I'm using a rewards certificate and a $30 promotion code from the Persona Q collector's edition fiasco. Also not sure if I still have the spent gift cards I used.
The only requirement is that you pre-order any version of the game & purchase w/i the time frame given. As long as it`s all linked to GC/MBB you`re fine. I`ve pre-ordered in-store at one location & purchased w/o the pre-order ticket @ another store many times never an issue.

The only requirement is that you pre-order any version of the game & purchase w/i the time frame given. As long as it`s all linked to GC/MBB you`re fine. I`ve pre-ordered in-store at one location & purchased w/o the pre-order ticket @ another store many times never an issue.
Sorry I wasn't clear, I'm talking about using the $10 off coupon you get when trading in Madden 25. Will they let me apply that to my online preorder when I go to pick it up in the store when it is already paid for?

The only way you get 2 $10 pre-order/purchase certs is if you have 2 GC accounts & 2 mybb accounts. But to get both games for $48 you need 2 GCU accounts.
I thought you could use the GCU 20% off on up to the three titles, why couldn't you order 2 copies for $48 each? Though I agree that you would only get one $10 certificate.

how about this?

48 - 10 (coupon) - 27.50 (gcu trade in) - 10 (rewards cert) = 0.50 plus tax? in my case i paid $20 for madden 25 pm'd to tiger direct, so it's still 20+ something total but way better than 60 for day one purchase.
I hope that's true cause that sounds amazing. But I think the 20% GCU might be applied after the $10 coupon so 50 - 10 (GCU) - 27.50 (GCU Trade in) - 10 (rewards) = 2.50. Still a great deal nonetheless, but we have to wait just a few more days to see how it'll all play out.

Stupidly, I was too lazy to get my copy from Best Buy, and TD is no longer showing it on there. Luckily, there are $18-21 options (new and used) on Amazon right now, will have to pick one up soon.

Picked up madden for $12.xx. Now to wait for Sunday and hope this is as good as advertised

I thought you could use the GCU 20% off on up to the three titles, why couldn't you order 2 copies for $48 each? Though I agree that you would only get one $10 certificate.
You can get up to 6(3 PS4/3 XB1) copies for $48 but his stated goal was two $10 certs. If you pay $12 more to get the 2nd $10 cert not really worth it. Next time there`s a GCU sale or way to cheaply upgrade 2nd account it`s worth it.

No one knows till it comes out the gift card u can use it online too

Anyone looking to boost the online trophies in madden 25

Last edited:
none of that will work, (1) the target deal is 8/10-8/16 not today, (2) you need to pre-order one game for each game you want a discount on so you'd need two pre-orders, (3) $27 - 15 = $12, $22 - 15 = $7 so thats $12+7+2 = $22+tax total. (4) we don't know how exactly the PM/preorder are going to interact yet, and won't until sunday 8/10.

yes in the past you could walk out with $22+tax for both games, as the system allowed PM and $15 discount no problem. We just don't know if that will happen again this sunday or if the register will throw away the $15 discount on PM'd video games.

Just did this awhile ago and the clerk just stared at the price of two cod ghosts go down to $4 total with tax. I bet he got mindfucked and thought he'd get in trouble.
So it's active already?

So it's active already?
The $20 off of COD ghost with preorder is active. I have only seen it labeled at the store with the COD Advanced Warfare and Destiny preorder cards though. The other deal they have is 30% off of EA games with EA preorder cards.

I PM'd Target for the XB1 version COD ghost and Amazon for XB1 version of PvZ Garden Warfare and then took them over to GS for the trade 2 next gen promo.

The $20 off of COD ghost with preorder is active. I have only seen it labeled at the store with the COD Advanced Warfare and Destiny preorder cards though. The other deal they have is 30% off of EA games with EA preorder cards.

I PM'd Target for the XB1 version COD ghost and Amazon for XB1 version of PvZ Garden Warfare and then took them over to GS for the trade 2 next gen promo.
Not sure how they let you do it. The game checking me out immediately said that I had to pick one or the other. They wouldn't let me pm and then get $20 off. I guess if you've got an employee that doesn't know what they're doing then you can probably get away with it.

Just tried price matching cod ghosts for ps3 then doing $20 off for preorder. Didn't work. They wouldn't let me.
Worked fine for me on Monday. Got them to price match their site, then price match PvZ:GW to Amazon, then handed the nice lady a pre-order card for Destiny and one for Dragon Age. Took $20 off COD and 30% off the matched price of PvZ.

Worked fine for me on Monday. Got them to price match their site, then price match PvZ:GW to Amazon, then handed the nice lady a pre-order card for Destiny and one for Dragon Age. Took $20 off COD and 30% off the matched price of PvZ.
It just depends if the employee you're dealing with know's what you're trying to do. If you can get them to put it in and then scan the card, it'll work, it's just a problem getting some employees to do it if they know they're not supposed to. It does say in target's PM policy that you can't do PM and do a preorder promotion at the same time, but I guess some employees don't know that or don't care

Not sure how they let you do it. The game checking me out immediately said that I had to pick one or the other. They wouldn't let me pm and then get $20 off. I guess if you've got an employee that doesn't know what they're doing then you can probably get away with it.
It varies per store. I've done it at multiple stores in so cal. Either not many CAGs in my area or not ones who go crazy and try to pm 10 of one game.

bread's done
Back