Sunday Ad Video Game Deals (8/10 to 8/16)

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
iconbestbuy.gif
Best Buy knocks $10 off the PS4 Camera ans Gold Wireless Headset.

18_t.gif
GameStop promotes a PC sale and 40% bonus credit offer.

kmart.gif
Kmart's reward members get $50 in points with purchase of an Xbox One with Kinect , $15 in points with Titanfall $49.99 (XB1), and/or $15 in points with purchase of MGS Ground Zeroes (XB1) $29.99

icontarget.gif
Target knocks $35 off the combined purchase of a PS4 and PS+ and discounts $15 off any game $39.99 or higher when you pre-order any game for a $1.

icontoysrus_r1.gif
Toys R Us offers a buy 1, get 1 50% off sale on all Skylanders single figures, a 50% off sale on Skylanders Spyro’s Adventure 3-pks & Adventure packs, and $50 off a Wii U Skylanders Bundle.

The Rest of the Deals...
MRSP prices have been removed.

Best Buy (Ad)
Thanks, Twitter - See original post

:ps4: Save $10 on ps+ 1 year membership when you buy a ps4

:ps4: Buy a Sony tv and a ps4 and get digital copies of: mlb 14 the show, knack, infamous 2nd son, and killzone shadow fall

:ps4: ps4 camera $49.99

:ps4: gold headset $89.99

iconbestbuy.gif
  UFC is $39.99

iconbestbuy.gif
  transformers $49.99 on ps4 & x1, $39.99 on ps3 & 360

:ps4: :xb1: lego movie game and lego hobbit $29.99 each (only shows ps4 & x1 versions)

:360: :ps3: gta v $39.99

:360: :ps3: cod ghosts $39.99

:360: :ps3: nba 2k14 or  wwe 2k14  $29.99

iconbestbuy.gif
trade madden 25 on ps4/x1 and get $25 towards madden 15, or 360/ps3 versions get $15 towards it. plus $10 off certificate for it. so $35 off and $25 off i believe

iconbestbuy.gif
  get a free giants character when you buy any skylanders sky force character

GameStop (Ad)
Ends 7/16
18_t.gif
Buy a Disney Infinity Starter Set, get a free Playset

:360: :ps3: :pc: Borderlands 2 GOTY $24.99

:360: :ps3: :pc: Bioshock Infinite
18_t.gif
40% bonus credit for members who trade toward select titles
:pc: PC sales

Kmart (Ad)
Thanks, inky1600 - See original post
kmart.gif
SYWR members get:

$50 in points with purchase of XBone with Kinect $499.99

$15 in points with purchase of Titanfall XBone $49.99

$15 in points with purchase of MGS Ground Zeroes XBone $29.99

All points expire two weeks after purchase(no set end date this time-maybe this will become the norm going forward)

:xb1: In addition, $10 off XBone controller with purchase of any XBone console

Target (Ad)
Thanks, Twitter- See original post

:ps4: Save $35 on ps+ 1 year membership when you buy a ps4.

icontarget.gif
Save $15 ON ANY GAME $39.99 OR HIGHER WHEN YOU PREORDER A GAME FOR $1.

Toys R Us (Ad)
icontoysrus_r1.gif
  BUY 1 GET 1 50% OFF ALL Skylanders single figures

icontoysrus_r1.gif
50% OFF ALL Skylanders Spyro’s Adventure 3-pks & Adventure packs
:wiiu:  SAVE $50 on a Wii U Skylanders Bundle

Walmart (Ad)

nada

Last edited by a moderator:
(I don't have GCU though so IDK)
Too bad because you're missing out.

Great deal on the Madden trade promo. I'm going to speculate and say Best Buy will make the TIV's automatic (regardless of purchase since Madden doesn't come out until 2 weeks after this promo starts) and that a $10 coupon will print out at the time of trade.

It kind of reminds me of the PS4/Xbone upgrade for $10 offer Best Buy ran last year. iirc, the printer would print out your coupon at the same time your trade papers were printed for confirmation. Also, when you trade in more than 1 copy, it only printed out 1 coupon so if you want to get multiple coupons, you would be better served trading them in as separate trades. You can't stack coupons anyways, so if you had more than 1 coupon, you'll need to buy more than 1 copy of Madden 15 to use it up.

The only hiccup I see in this is whether you hit your trade quota of 3 copies within the last 6 months.

can you mix and match the Madden promo?  Meaning, can I trade in an :xb1: version of Madden 25 but get the $35 off the :ps4: version of Madden 15?

Too bad because you're missing out.

Great deal on the Madden trade promo. I'm going to speculate and say Best Buy will make the TIV's automatic (regardless of purchase since Madden doesn't come out until 2 weeks after this promo starts) and that a $10 coupon will print out at the time of trade.

It kind of reminds me of the PS4/Xbone upgrade for $10 offer Best Buy ran last year. iirc, the printer would print out your coupon at the same time your trade papers were printed for confirmation. Also, when you trade in more than 1 copy, it only printed out 1 coupon so if you want to get multiple coupons, you would be better served trading them in as separate trades. You can't stack coupons anyways, so if you had more than 1 coupon, you'll need to buy more than 1 copy of Madden 15 to use it up.

The only hiccup I see in this is whether you hit your trade quota of 3 copies within the last 6 months.
you making it seem like people on here actually give a damn about 3 copies trade quota within the last 6 months. all the posts from gs tiv/bestbuy trade in thread suggests otherwise.

Too bad Plants vs Zombies Garden Warfare comes out a week later for sony consoles. Would love to have a PS4 version for $25

At worst its still decent on certain games that are $39.99 everywhere like Ultra street fighter IV.
Well, I've got just a Bone now, and there's nothing I don't have that I'd want at $25-45. I could go back for that PC Elder Scrolls Anthology, but IDK if I want to.

its back like before, not just sellect games !!!!
Well, the original offer was all games, the remixed version was with select games, probably to recover from the crew-up of the original. Now, they're possibly working with a better computer system for the deal, we'll see in a week.

you making it seem like people on here actually give a damn about 3 copies trade quota within the last 6 months. all the posts from gs tiv/bestbuy trade in thread suggests otherwise.
Is the 3 copies for every 6 months really the limit? I always thought it was 3 copies within a rolling year.

From my understanding you will get $25 base tv plus 10% is $27.50 from the game and a $10 off coupon to use when u pick it up. So $47.99 - $37.50 is $10.49 due at pick up. Then we will get the $10 back in my best buy points for the pre order.
Edit: so the $10.49 plus tax is a wash with the $10 back in rewards besides the sales tax. So really it will basically however much we paid for madden 25 after the points clear.
If that's the case, I'll be all over it. However, it's a little awkwardly-worded right now, so hard to tell.

Twitter worded it wrong. The ad says "$10 off coupon toward Madden 15."

They're two separate things. You'll still get the $10 reward certificate.

Plus, you don't get the coupon when you pre-order Madden 15. You get it when you trade in Madden 25.
See, I'm wondering if the $25 guaranteed is part of the $10 off. The TIV right now is $10, maybe they bump that to $15 and give you a $10 coupon. It's a tough thing to sort out. I'm debating going an picking up Madden 25 for $20 (PM Tiger Direct) at Best Buy, not opening it, then seeing what happens next week. That way, I can return it if the deal's a dud, or open it and get a great deal on the first Madden game I will have purchased since 2007.

If that's the case, I'll be all over it. However, it's a little awkwardly-worded right now, so hard to tell.

See, I'm wondering if the $25 guaranteed is part of the $10 off. The TIV right now is $10, maybe they bump that to $15 and give you a $10 coupon. It's a tough thing to sort out. I'm debating going an picking up Madden 25 for $20 (PM Tiger Direct) at Best Buy, not opening it, then seeing what happens next week. That way, I can return it if the deal's a dud, or open it and get a great deal on the first Madden game I will have purchased since 2007.
The promotion is $35 toward Madden 15. You get a $25 gift card for trading in Madden 25 (PS4/XB1) and then a separate $10 off coupon.

And we are back!

Gona try Ultra street fighter IV, Knack, Lego games, and batman games on wii u

Also gona add dead rising 3,  PVZ & Tomb Raider.

Plus some other 3ds games that I don't already have and are $39.99 of course.

**Wonder if it will work on games that were at one time $39.99 like mario kart 7 for example. Like how it worked before.

The promotion is $35 toward Madden 15. You get a $25 gift card for trading in Madden 25 (PS4/XB1) and then a separate $10 off coupon.
So:

1. Buy Madden 25 for $20 (don't open it, in case of emergency).

2. Pre-Order Madden 15 (for the $10 cert).

3. Trade in Madden 25 for $25 card and $10 cert.

4. Purchase $48 (after GCU) Madden 15 for $13.

5. Get $10 cert.

So I spend $33 and get a brand-new game and a $10 cert, meaning I basically get a new game for $23 (before tax).

There are two possibilities I take from this:

1. We're doing the math wrong.

2. We're going to see this game in the "Vault" faster than expected, if EA and Best Buy are willing to throw you new copies for $13-25 (depending on GCU status), while giving you $10 back as well.

I guess I have to go to Best Buy and get Madden 25 before TD ends its sale, just in case.

^^^ thats what im hoping for, wonder if zombie u will work for anyone who missed out on the TRU game deals.

The ones that don't are the ones that are new to this. As we all know and from personal experience, Best Buy will indeed ban your account for a minimum of 1 year if necessary to send the message. After missing out for a year worth of promos, I've learned it's smart to not go overboard.

Also, OP should clean up the post. $10 certificate is misleading. It should read as a $10 coupon.

can you mix and match the Madden promo? Meaning, can I trade in an :xb1: version of Madden 25 but get the $35 off the :ps4: version of Madden 15?
This is Best Buy we're talking about. We'll probably just get a $25 gift card towards the purchase of anything.

I plan on trading two copies of Madden 25 (PS4) but I'm getting 15 for XBOne.

Ugh I think too many people are confused. I highly doubt you get an additional $10 off coupon towards Madden 15 for trading in Madden 25. When it sounds too good to be true, it usually is. I'll believe it when I see it. 

Don't get your hopes up though as this is most likely the deal (still a great one especially since you are getting $25 for a sports title that's about to be a year old). 

For GCU members:

Trade in Madden 25 get $27.50, preorder Madden 15 and get the $10 certificate 15 days after purchase, purchase Madden 15 for $48.

$48 - the gift card of $27.50 = $20.50 which would be your remaining balance owed towards Madden 15 ... and in two weeks you get your $10 cert back. 

If by some miracle they are giving you a $10 off coupon separate from the $10 certificate just for trading in Madden 25 in a week, I would be absolutely shocked/amazed/wowed

So the $15 off is back huh. I'm pretty sure they'll let you price match and get $15 off again. I have to return my last of us copy soon before they give me $35 for it without a receipt

Ugh I think too many people are confused. I highly doubt you get an additional $10 off coupon towards Madden 15 for trading in Madden 25. When it sounds too good to be true, it usually is. I'll believe it when I see it.

Don't get your hopes up though as this is most likely the deal (still a great one especially since you are getting $25 for a sports title that's about to be a year old).

For GCU members:

Trade in Madden 25 get $27.50, preorder Madden 15 and get the $10 certificate 15 days after purchase, purchase Madden 15 for $48.

$48 - the gift card of $27.50 = $20.50 which would be your remaining balance owed towards Madden 15 ... and in two weeks you get your $10 cert back.

If by some miracle they are giving you a $10 off coupon separate from the $10 certificate just for trading in Madden 25 in a week, I would be absolutely shocked/amazed/wowed
It's really not that confusing. The ad specifically mentions a $10 coupon good towards Madden 25 with an expiration date of 8/30. A coupon, not the bonus $10 certificate you get for a pre-order.

As stated before, you will get a $25 gift card (don't know if GCU bonus applies or not) and a $10 coupon when you trade in Madden 15.

If you pre-order Madden 25, you will get 500 bonus points ($10 RZ certificate).

No miracles needed. :)

It's really not that confusing. The ad specifically mentions a $10 coupon good towards Madden 25 with an expiration date of 8/30. A coupon, not the bonus $10 certificate you get for a pre-order.

As stated before, you will get a $25 gift card (don't know if GCU bonus applies or not) and a $10 coupon when you trade in Madden 15.

If you pre-order Madden 25, you will get 500 bonus points ($10 RZ certificate).

No miracles needed. :)
If that's true (still highly doubtful of it) then Madden 15 would only cost $38 for GCU members.

Save your money the ufc game is so bad, more enjoyment can be found by purchasing rock'em sock'em robots.

Target trying so hard to kill best buy extra 20% off GU member.  Hopefully, so good games MSRP $39.99 & Up on sale $29.99 or less plus pre-order card will be awesome deal ;)

Next week best buy have PS4/XBOX1 $29.99 Each (Pricematch) + $1 Pre-order Card - $15 Off = $15.99

The Lego Movie Videogame

Lego The Hobbit $29.99

Target trying so hard to kill best buy extra 20% off GU member. Hopefully, so good games MSRP $39.99 & Up on sale $29.99 or less plus pre-order card will be awesome deal ;)

Next week best buy have PS4/XBOX1 $29.99 Each (Pricematch) + $1 Pre-order Card - $15 Off = $15.99
The Lego Movie Videogame
Lego The Hobbit $29.99
what are the gamestops trade in vakues ?

trade madden 25 on ps4/x1 and get $25 towards madden 15, or 360/ps3 versions get $15 towards it. plus $10 off certificate for it. so $35 off and $25 off i believe

Curious to know on this deal, can you trade in an X1 copy of Madden 25 for a PS4 version of Madden 15??  X1 versions online can be had for around $21.

That kind of gameplan kills this promotion. Everyone must learn to play the game for long term investment. I've had 2 targets that were good for PM plus preorder discount stop honoring both because of greedy CAGs. I've had a target stop PMs at the electronics section because if this same thing.

Pace yourselves and you will enjoy this deal many more times in the future. When all these E3 games get released, you're going to want a deal like this around.

bread's done
Back