Sunday Ad Video Game Deals (8/10 to 8/16)

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
iconbestbuy.gif
Best Buy knocks $10 off the PS4 Camera ans Gold Wireless Headset.

18_t.gif
GameStop promotes a PC sale and 40% bonus credit offer.

kmart.gif
Kmart's reward members get $50 in points with purchase of an Xbox One with Kinect , $15 in points with Titanfall $49.99 (XB1), and/or $15 in points with purchase of MGS Ground Zeroes (XB1) $29.99

icontarget.gif
Target knocks $35 off the combined purchase of a PS4 and PS+ and discounts $15 off any game $39.99 or higher when you pre-order any game for a $1.

icontoysrus_r1.gif
Toys R Us offers a buy 1, get 1 50% off sale on all Skylanders single figures, a 50% off sale on Skylanders Spyro’s Adventure 3-pks & Adventure packs, and $50 off a Wii U Skylanders Bundle.

The Rest of the Deals...
MRSP prices have been removed.

Best Buy (Ad)
Thanks, Twitter - See original post

:ps4: Save $10 on ps+ 1 year membership when you buy a ps4

:ps4: Buy a Sony tv and a ps4 and get digital copies of: mlb 14 the show, knack, infamous 2nd son, and killzone shadow fall

:ps4: ps4 camera $49.99

:ps4: gold headset $89.99

iconbestbuy.gif
  UFC is $39.99

iconbestbuy.gif
  transformers $49.99 on ps4 & x1, $39.99 on ps3 & 360

:ps4: :xb1: lego movie game and lego hobbit $29.99 each (only shows ps4 & x1 versions)

:360: :ps3: gta v $39.99

:360: :ps3: cod ghosts $39.99

:360: :ps3: nba 2k14 or  wwe 2k14  $29.99

iconbestbuy.gif
trade madden 25 on ps4/x1 and get $25 towards madden 15, or 360/ps3 versions get $15 towards it. plus $10 off certificate for it. so $35 off and $25 off i believe

iconbestbuy.gif
  get a free giants character when you buy any skylanders sky force character

GameStop (Ad)
Ends 7/16
18_t.gif
Buy a Disney Infinity Starter Set, get a free Playset

:360: :ps3: :pc: Borderlands 2 GOTY $24.99

:360: :ps3: :pc: Bioshock Infinite
18_t.gif
40% bonus credit for members who trade toward select titles
:pc: PC sales

Kmart (Ad)
Thanks, inky1600 - See original post
kmart.gif
SYWR members get:

$50 in points with purchase of XBone with Kinect $499.99

$15 in points with purchase of Titanfall XBone $49.99

$15 in points with purchase of MGS Ground Zeroes XBone $29.99

All points expire two weeks after purchase(no set end date this time-maybe this will become the norm going forward)

:xb1: In addition, $10 off XBone controller with purchase of any XBone console

Target (Ad)
Thanks, Twitter- See original post

:ps4: Save $35 on ps+ 1 year membership when you buy a ps4.

icontarget.gif
Save $15 ON ANY GAME $39.99 OR HIGHER WHEN YOU PREORDER A GAME FOR $1.

Toys R Us (Ad)
icontoysrus_r1.gif
  BUY 1 GET 1 50% OFF ALL Skylanders single figures

icontoysrus_r1.gif
50% OFF ALL Skylanders Spyro’s Adventure 3-pks & Adventure packs
:wiiu:  SAVE $50 on a Wii U Skylanders Bundle

Walmart (Ad)

nada

Last edited by a moderator:
That kind of gameplan kills this promotion. Everyone must learn to play the game for long term investment. I've had 2 targets that were good for PM plus preorder discount stop honoring both because of greedy CAGs. I've had a target stop PMs at the electronics section because if this same thing.

Pace yourselves and you will enjoy this deal many more times in the future. When all these E3 games get released, you're going to want a deal like this around.
Nope, you just have to hope your Target reps are dumb. I never saw anyone in my Target during any of the offers playing the system, other than myself (not to say no one was there). However, I did just 2 transactions before I got turned away. There are folks bleeding their stores dry, without so much as a batted eye from the employees. It's all about ignorance and apathy. This is the only instance in which bad retail employees are good retail employees.

If that's true (still highly doubtful of it) then Madden 15 would only cost $38 for GCU members.
What he is saying is true. The fine print on the ad specifically mentions a coupon with an expiration date and payment by Best Buy gift card, which means trading in a :pS4::XB1: copy of Madden 25 will get you $25 gift card and a $10 coupon toward Madden 15. Trading a :pS3::360: copy of Madden 25 will get you a $15 gift card and a $10 coupon toward Madden 15. The $10 preorder certificate is a separate deal.

Was gonna point that out as thats what I'll be doing.

Is it a limit of one GC per customer or can I trade a :ps4: and :xb1: copy to get 2 $25 GC's/coupons?
1. You'll get a $10 gift card and a $25 gift card.

2. You might be able to do it multiple times, but you will likely only be able to use 1 coupon on a purchase of the game, meaning you'd have to buy two copies of Madden 15 to use both coupons.

I dunno why everyone is excited... did you all miss the part where the $15 only takes off for games above $39.99?

I'm pretty sure that means after being Price Matched; their system won't accept the promo if the price is set lower than this.  Or maybe you all are hoping it works anyway...

[quote name="ck0" post="11981563" timestamp="1407176261"]I dunno why everyone is excited... did you all miss the part where the $15 only takes off for games above $39.99?

I'm pretty sure that means after being Price Matched; their system won't accept the promo if the price is set lower than this. Or maybe you all are hoping it works anyway...[/quote] were you here last time

With the high turnover rate at Target I doubt the memory of the preorder card promotions will last long. I usually only shop there every time there is a good deal but each time I come in everyone is new. The store closest to me lets me do the PM and card as long as I only do one copy of the game per system but then again it is only a matter of time before that supervisor and manager get replaced.

Unfortunately there are no $39.99 3DS games left that I do not own and want.

Only if their retail price is above $39.99
There is quite a good selection of games that retailed at 39.99. I might finally bite on Mario Party:Island Tour for $8, if this works again. Shin Megami Tensei IV would be $5 as well.

Is there any site that shows original MSRP?

There is quite a good selection of games that retailed at 39.99. I might finally bite on Mario Party:Island Tour for $8, if this works again. Shin Megami Tensei IV would be $5 as well.

Is there any site that shows original MSRP?
They disposed of all there Shin Megami Tensei IV already. You might find it for $19.99 down clearance but other then that it won't have a MSRP of $39.99.

i suspect they will roll out a register update this week that denies $15 discount (for $1 preorder) when PM is applied to an item, remember they changed the register to only allow 1 trade in per week per drivers license after the 3x promo.  Guess we will find out sunday.

The PM/preorder discount still works as of today though, a bunch of people have been doing the COD Ghosts PM/$20 discount combo and getting COD Ghosts for xbox one for $6

i suspect they will roll out a register update this week that denies $15 discount (for $1 preorder) when PM is applied to an item, remember they changed the register to only allow 1 trade in per week per drivers license after the 3x promo. Guess we will find out sunday.

The PM/preorder discount still works as of today though, a bunch of people have been doing the COD Ghosts PM/$20 discount combo and getting COD Ghosts for xbox one for $6
really? damn. i want confirmation on this.

really? damn. i want confirmation on this.
Yeah it worked for me this afternoon. I was buying something else so just did that at cs too but the guy was like whoah when he saw the total drop from $31 to $11 but then looked and said oh it was a promo and I was good. Check out the ad thread for this week too cuz others have gotten it too

Yeah it worked for me this afternoon. I was buying something else so just did that at cs too but the guy was like whoah when he saw the total drop from $31 to $11 but then looked and said oh it was a promo and I was good. Check out the ad thread for this week too cuz others have gotten it too
SWEET! im going tomorrow and get me some games.

Wait a minute...I thought the $15 off promo doesn't start till 8/10? How are some people doing the deal now?

[quote name="nthydro" post="11984128" timestamp="1407254067"]Wait a minute...I thought the $15 off promo doesn't start till 8/10? How are some people doing the deal now?[/quote]
The deal now is $20 off of cod ghosts

I wonder if Best Buy will match Target's promotion on PS+ since it's quite a bit better.  This is the week I finally cave and buy a PS4.  

The Ultimate edition and regular edition have different SKUs right? So if I were to preorder both, I would get two separate $10 certificate from My Best Buy correct? I plan on doing this twice, i.e. trading in two Madden 25s to get two coupons and therefore purchase two Madden 15s... but I'd want two $10 certs coming back. 

The Ultimate edition and regular edition have different SKUs right? So if I were to preorder both, I would get two separate $10 certificate from My Best Buy correct? I plan on doing this twice, i.e. trading in two Madden 25s to get two coupons and therefore purchase two Madden 15s... but I'd want two $10 certs coming back.
Odds are, you wouldn't even need to get separate iterations. You can probably have 2 reservations. Though if you're specifically wanting the two different versions (maybe the extra DLC for you, second copy to trade for a potential guaranteed $40 at GS or BB), it'd surely be fine.

went in. got Cod for ps3, 360 and xb1 all for 14 bucks out the door. had them price match their own website. xb1 version was all gone when i got there. found the last one behind some other game.

So BBY wouldn't price match TigerDirect because they're selling 25 for 19.97 but through a 3rd party. Whatever. Amazon has it currently for $21.88 w no tax so same thing.

Would this deal also receive the 10% trade-in bonus for GCU folks? So $27.50+10? Every cent counts when you're a true CAG!

Odds are, you wouldn't even need to get separate iterations. You can probably have 2 reservations. Though if you're specifically wanting the two different versions (maybe the extra DLC for you, second copy to trade for a potential guaranteed $40 at GS or BB), it'd surely be fine.
IIRC you can only get one $10 cert per account... in other words, if I preordered two copies of Madden on XB1, I'd only get one $10 cert... i think someone told me this. But if this were true, I can probably preorder Madden on PS4 and XB1 and get two separate $10 certs

and yes ^^^^ I'm 99% sure you will receive the GCU trade in bonus making it $27.50...

So BBY wouldn't price match TigerDirect because they're selling 25 for 19.97 but through a 3rd party. Whatever. Amazon has it currently for $21.88 w no tax so same thing.

Would this deal also receive the 10% trade-in bonus for GCU folks? So $27.50+10? Every cent counts when you're a true CAG!
Regardless, call Best Buy's corporate office. They'll do the PM on there, and you can do in-store pickup. I did it with Forza, and probably will with Madden, since you mentioned the issue with the in-store employees.

IIRC you can only get one $10 cert per account... in other words, if I preordered two copies of Madden on XB1, I'd only get one $10 cert... i think someone told me this. But if this were true, I can probably preorder Madden on PS4 and XB1 and get two separate $10 certs

and yes ^^^^ I'm 99% sure you will receive the GCU trade in bonus making it $27.50...
It might be the case, but it would be a stupid policy with no logic to back it up. I'd just ask them when you go in to pre-order, then make a decision. Why is it you want two copies, anyway?

By the way, people should really be alerting Amazon to the sale prices on TD, to see if we can get them to change it on their site. We can PM Amazon then, which is probably easier (since I'll bet many clerks at Best Buy don't even know what Tiger Direct is).

i wanted to trade two copys in towards my walking dead season 4 pre order at bestbuy but the base value is only 9$ which comes out to a total of 9.90$ after the bonus, not worth it :(

bread's done
Back