Sunday Ad Video Game Deals (8/10 to 8/16)

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
iconbestbuy.gif
Best Buy knocks $10 off the PS4 Camera ans Gold Wireless Headset.

18_t.gif
GameStop promotes a PC sale and 40% bonus credit offer.

kmart.gif
Kmart's reward members get $50 in points with purchase of an Xbox One with Kinect , $15 in points with Titanfall $49.99 (XB1), and/or $15 in points with purchase of MGS Ground Zeroes (XB1) $29.99

icontarget.gif
Target knocks $35 off the combined purchase of a PS4 and PS+ and discounts $15 off any game $39.99 or higher when you pre-order any game for a $1.

icontoysrus_r1.gif
Toys R Us offers a buy 1, get 1 50% off sale on all Skylanders single figures, a 50% off sale on Skylanders Spyro’s Adventure 3-pks & Adventure packs, and $50 off a Wii U Skylanders Bundle.

The Rest of the Deals...
MRSP prices have been removed.

Best Buy (Ad)
Thanks, Twitter - See original post

:ps4: Save $10 on ps+ 1 year membership when you buy a ps4

:ps4: Buy a Sony tv and a ps4 and get digital copies of: mlb 14 the show, knack, infamous 2nd son, and killzone shadow fall

:ps4: ps4 camera $49.99

:ps4: gold headset $89.99

iconbestbuy.gif
  UFC is $39.99

iconbestbuy.gif
  transformers $49.99 on ps4 & x1, $39.99 on ps3 & 360

:ps4: :xb1: lego movie game and lego hobbit $29.99 each (only shows ps4 & x1 versions)

:360: :ps3: gta v $39.99

:360: :ps3: cod ghosts $39.99

:360: :ps3: nba 2k14 or  wwe 2k14  $29.99

iconbestbuy.gif
trade madden 25 on ps4/x1 and get $25 towards madden 15, or 360/ps3 versions get $15 towards it. plus $10 off certificate for it. so $35 off and $25 off i believe

iconbestbuy.gif
  get a free giants character when you buy any skylanders sky force character

GameStop (Ad)
Ends 7/16
18_t.gif
Buy a Disney Infinity Starter Set, get a free Playset

:360: :ps3: :pc: Borderlands 2 GOTY $24.99

:360: :ps3: :pc: Bioshock Infinite
18_t.gif
40% bonus credit for members who trade toward select titles
:pc: PC sales

Kmart (Ad)
Thanks, inky1600 - See original post
kmart.gif
SYWR members get:

$50 in points with purchase of XBone with Kinect $499.99

$15 in points with purchase of Titanfall XBone $49.99

$15 in points with purchase of MGS Ground Zeroes XBone $29.99

All points expire two weeks after purchase(no set end date this time-maybe this will become the norm going forward)

:xb1: In addition, $10 off XBone controller with purchase of any XBone console

Target (Ad)
Thanks, Twitter- See original post

:ps4: Save $35 on ps+ 1 year membership when you buy a ps4.

icontarget.gif
Save $15 ON ANY GAME $39.99 OR HIGHER WHEN YOU PREORDER A GAME FOR $1.

Toys R Us (Ad)
icontoysrus_r1.gif
  BUY 1 GET 1 50% OFF ALL Skylanders single figures

icontoysrus_r1.gif
50% OFF ALL Skylanders Spyro’s Adventure 3-pks & Adventure packs
:wiiu:  SAVE $50 on a Wii U Skylanders Bundle

Walmart (Ad)

nada

Last edited by a moderator:
no, the dude got super lucky. Best Buy's policy is that PMs remove GCU discount, and the register in fact automatically removes GCU discount when the cashier PMs. No idea how slide got lucky on that one, or even how he found Disgaea vita in store since none around me have it (game came out today).

They could do this promo with any upcoming game this fall, COD Ghosts may be another good candidate. No way to know until 3 weeks before they do it really.
i was thinking it would of done this

Price match target 15 off

Go in and get disgaea

39.99 and get 15 off so it be 24.99 + tax

but instead what they did was

Sell me disgaea for 39.99 then my unlock 20% discount. with taxes was around 34.24 so handed them 35

they Then they did a return/ Price match and 15 bucks off and refunded me 16.10 back in cash.

not really sure why they did it this way. All of my stores also say they dont have it in stock but its on the shelf. so ended up with it for around 18.18 after all taxes and refunds

Yeah but madden xbone is $11ish with a legit walmart pm
so fucking what? not everybody reads everything. why do you have to give everyone crap for not knowing everything? and I dunno what you mean by "legit pm", my pm worked, so it was legit. and it's not like my PM was more of a hassle than PMing walmart. stop trolling everyone.

[quote name="Jimbo504" post="12004992" timestamp="1407895528"]so fucking what? not everybody reads everything. why do you have to give everyone crap for not knowing everything? and I dunno what you mean by "legit pm", my pm worked, so it was legit. and it's not like my PM was more of a hassle than PMing walmart. stop trolling everyone.[/quote]well someone gets mad easily

so fucking what? not everybody reads everything. why do you have to give everyone crap for not knowing everything? and I dunno what you mean by "legit pm", my pm worked, so it was legit. and it's not like my PM was more of a hassle than PMing walmart. stop trolling everyone.
holy overreaction batman

I tried it and guy knew what I was doing. He refused to price match cause store price came out cheaper. End up paying 17.xx with preorder card. I guess trick is to get price matched then pull the ol "forgot to get a preorder" and let the computer do the rest

My store game department rep was hesitant because it was only fulfilled by Amazon, not sold, so we went over to customer service and the lady there said it was alright.

I got lucky when doing this earlier! I picked up Mario Kart 8 and had them price match Amazon. I don't know what price the customer service lady price matched, but after preorder card the game was only $26 plus tax.

So if I'm following everything right..I can get madden 25 for ps4 or xb1 for ~$17 because it is 29.99 in store then -15 for preorder and +1 for cost of preorder card.

Has anyone gone in and done this for multiple copies at the same time?

And then if I were to go trade in both at best buy for 25 each, I would get a $10 off rewards certificate for buying madden 15. Would I get a $10 off rewards for each copy I trade in? Or would they shoot that down?

Yea you can also price match madden on amazon for 22.99 xbox one. Which would make 7.99 plus 1 for preorder. This works for multiple maddens. When you trade in at bestbuy . Do one game at a time to get separate coupons. They will only print one if do the maddens together.
Gotcha thanks. I'm trying to decide if I should even try to PM, because last time I tried to PM and then use preorder card at my target, the guy was immediately on top of it and wouldn't let me do it.

I was able to get two copies of madden 25 pricematched to amazons $23 so got each for 9.58 bought them separately, got lucky the cs rep was new she was confused when it went from $23 to $9 but said oh its because of the buy one get one free right? so i just said yea and paid and left. Was going to try and get fighter within price matched to 9.98 on amazon so $1 out the door but they didn't have it in stock. Going to go trade in Madden 25 tomorrow at best buy. Might try and go to another target and get another madden and fighter within.

Can you purchase multiple games with multiple preorder games at a time and get $15 off each or does it have to be one per transaction? Also does anyone know if we can use multiple $10 off madden 15 coupons? doubt it just curious lol.

I like how people use the term "junior detective" as some kind of derogatory term for someone who knows his employer's retail policies, which could keep him from getting into trouble.

Also the cashier told me they will not price match if it sells out on amazon. There was one left when I did mine gonna try again tomorrow

I like how people use the term "junior detective" as some kind of derogatory term for someone who knows his employer's retail policies, which could keep him from getting into trouble.
Agreed. I thought it was a way to describe an employee who would inspect purchase history or ask a bunch of questions to try and give someone a hard time when they weren't actually breaking policy (moreso hanging out in grey areas).

Now it's become a lazy catch all for anyone who denies a purchase for any reason at all.

If you're going to try and double dip on a promo like this, more power to you, but if you get denied just let it go. No need to get mad at employees for doing their jobs.

Just Dance 3 and 4 360

They were both $12.95 earlier, but they've seen to have gone up :/

007 Legends PS3 isn't horrible either

I didn't think it would work but I was able to price match Amazon (third party) to get Madden for $9.xx, although they would only do 1 pricematch when I tried to do 2 copies. Went straight to Best Buy and got the $25 gift card. For some reason the guy gave me a Quinceanera themed gift card. It's so pink and glittery.

Just got Madden 25 price matched to 22 (amazon 3rd party seller) and then the 15 off. Gonna trade it in to BB tomorrow to put a nice dent in the cost of an apple tv.
Not sure if you care about this, but the current version of the Apple TV (aTV 3), has no current jailbreak afaik. If you care about getting XBMC on it you'll need v2.

Used this deal to move some Target credit to BestBuy. I didn't attempt the pricematch but bought three Madden 25 for about $52 and tradeed in to BB for 2. I realize I could have scored more but I am just happy to have some credit to put a dent in all the money I will spend this fall at BB.

Not sure if you care about this, but the current version of the Apple TV (aTV 3), has no current jailbreak afaik. If you care about getting XBMC on it you'll need v2.
It's for my parents, I don't think they'll be jailbreaking their apple tv, but that is good info for my eventual purchase. Thanks!

Are there any general trade-in bonuses at Best Buy right now? Looking at trading in my physical copy if Titanfall currently listed at $24.

[quote name="Liquid Metal" post="12005588" timestamp="1407919521"]Just dance 3 and 4 xbox get $3 at bb. Areyou getting them for a dollar?[/quote]holy shit this just gets worse and worse

Yesterday they got $7 each

the new version of D3 for consoles - Diablo 3 Ultimate Evil edition - with the RoS xpac comes out in like... a week (this deal will be over by then) and the new version includes D3 

couple of ideas if anyone wants to try:

RE: Revelations (3ds) $22.88 amazon - "fulfilled by"

Shin Megami Tensei IV (3ds) $19.99 amazon

Batman Arkham Origins Blackgate (Vita) $17.99 Target website

Sonic Generations (3ds) $14.95 amazon

Assassin's Creed IV BF (Xbox One) $25 (Wii U) $15.12 both amazon

Fighter Within (Xbox One) $9.99 amazon

the new version of D3 for consoles - Diablo 3 Ultimate Evil edition - with the RoS xpac comes out in like... a week (this deal will be over by then) and the new version includes D3
Yea, Im picking that up as well

But im looking for Diablo 3 for PS3 that still comes with the Infernal Helm DLC,I have a couple targets around me that still have them in stock but conveniently My cities Target is out of stock with them

Its on Sale for 29.99 so I'm just makin sure it works at this price point

couple of ideas if anyone wants to try:

RE: Revelations (3ds) $22.88 amazon - "fulfilled by"

Shin Megami Tensei IV (3ds) $19.99 amazon

Batman Arkham Origins Blackgate (Vita) $17.99 Target website

Sonic Generations (3ds) $14.95 amazon

Assassin's Creed IV BF (Xbox One) $25 (Wii U) $15.12 both amazon

Fighter Within (Xbox One) $9.99 amazon
Fighter Within's listing is also "Fulfilled by" Amazon.

Just to make sure I have this right, is there any flaw in my plan here?

1. Grab 2 pre-order cards

2. Ask for Rayman Legends and Batman Arkham Origins

3. Go to service desk

4. PM Rayman to Amazon and Batman to Walmart

5. Hand them the cards

Assuming, of course, that the PM for Rayman goes through ("fulfilled" vs "sold by" dilemma) then that's it right? Or do I have to do the two games in separate transactions?

your plan is fine, you may get denied the PM, or when the $15 discounts start flying off after the cards scan the cashier may ask for the manager who may deny the deal per their policies.

3. Go to service desk

5. Hand them the cards

Assuming, of course, that the PM for Rayman goes through ("fulfilled" vs "sold by" dilemma) then that's it right? Or do I have to do the two games in separate transactions?
That should work fine; you can do multiple pm's in one transaction. YMMV whether or not they will price match games fulfilled and not sold by Amazon. I haven't had trouble this week getting my Target to do so but they may shoot you down.

3. Go to service desk

5. Hand them the cards

I'd recommend adding another item or two to the transaction to fend off the reverse sticker shock when the prices drop. You could buy something you want or just return something later, but overall I find that it helps the process run more smoothly.

So I was trying to buy the last copy of Madden 25 for Xbox One and the guy said he couldn't sell me the last copy that was in the display case. Has anyone ever heard of them denying a sell because it was the last copy in store?

So I was trying to buy the last copy of Madden 25 for Xbox One and the guy said he couldn't sell me the last copy that was in the display case. Has anyone ever heard of them denying a sell because it was the last copy in store?
My wife was given the last copy of Madden xb1 just last night.

bread's done
Back