Super Mario All-Stars (Wii) - 25th Anniversary Limited Edition Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='hufferstl']When is the Zelda 25th anniversary?[/QUOTE]

The series began in 1986, so next year is the 25th.

I can easily see them re-releasing the LE collection they had for Gamecube.

[quote name='hufferstl']When is the Zelda 25th anniversary? Maybe with that they will include the Gameboy games, since there are only 2 NES games.[/QUOTE]

Have they announced the Zelda 25th anniversary collection? Or are you just guessing they will based on the Mario one?

Dang, I just ordered using one click and it charged me shipping. So I had to cancel it and I'm going to reorder using regular checkout method. I want the price gurantee thing though but I doubt it will go down in price anyway.

[quote name='Thrinn']The series began in 1986, so next year is the 25th.

I can easily see them re-releasing the LE collection they had for Gamecube.[/QUOTE]Yes, please. :pray:

Just went back to try and preorder and it's not available anymore, plus gamestop saver don't work so I may have to hope kmart gets this in or walmart.

[quote name='Fonz72']Nintendo is amazing, 25 YEARS of the same game being released. Quite an achievment. Must make other companies marketing teams green with envy! And we buy it everytime! :lol:[/QUOTE]

Guys, Nintendo isn't the only company to do this:

1. Final Fantasy, 1987, NES
  2. Final Fantasy, 1989, MSX
  3. Final Fantasy I-II, 1994, NES
  4. Final Fantasy, 2000, WonderSwan Color
  5. Final Fantasy Origins, 2002, Playstation
  6. Final Fantasy I & II: Dawn of Souls, 2004, GBA
  7. Final Fantasy Mobile, 2004, Mobile
  8. Final Fantasy Anniversary Edition, 2007, PSP
  9. Final Fantasy, 2009, Wii VC
  10. Final Fantasy, 2010, iPhone
And, honestly, Final Fantasy wasn't as good.

If this game is widely sold it won't be worth anything so why are some people buying 2 copies? If it was only sold at one retailer or through Nintendo's website then it might actually be rare but this won't be. I'll wait for a price drop.

How the fuck is this the 25th anniversary of Mario? Super Mario Bros. 1, perhaps, but Mario Bros. and Donkey Kong were out well before 1985...1981 or around there. Too lazy to go look it up.

Sigh... in for 1. Its too much trouble to hook up my snes and use my snes mario all stars cart. And I'm a sucker for limited edition stuff. Screw you, nintendo! :(

[quote name='shrike4242']That makes no sense to me at all that this isn't included with the 25th anniversary Wii or DSi XL.[/QUOTE]

I guess I'll double dip and pick one up too. I am tempted to just wait for the 50th Anniversary Limited Edition pack which will undoubtedly include the same exact 4 games as usual, but alas I'll spend the money now.

[quote name='pholly']If this game is widely sold it won't be worth anything so why are some people buying 2 copies? If it was only sold at one retailer or through Nintendo's website then it might actually be rare but this won't be. I'll wait for a price drop.[/QUOTE]
There's always a minor boost in value right after the game goes OOP. It could be an easy way to make $10. Nintendo games are usually the least likely games to see a price drop, especially if it's a limited print run. Zelda still has a MSRP of $50 four years after it came out.
[quote name='karkyco']How the fuck is this the 25th anniversary of Mario? Super Mario Bros. 1, perhaps, but Mario Bros. and Donkey Kong were out well before 1985...1981 or around there. Too lazy to go look it up.[/QUOTE]

That's right, it's a SMB anniversary, not a Jump-man anniversary. ;)

Thanks for the heads up! I was having fits that we weren't getting this for the past few weeks. Preordered @amazon they opened them back up again. Well worth the $10 after the credits I have. :D

Shewww, just got my amazon order in. Don't know why it was showing up as not available for a few mins there. I think this will be very limited because people are going to be buying lots of them so I had to dive in. Plus if kmart gets it I will probably pick up a 2nd copy from them. This is a must buy. I don't know why the 1 click preorder thing did not give me the option to select free shipping but when I just checked out it still gave me the pre order price gurantee not using 1 click so I had to cancel the 1st order and order again saving me the $4.49 shipping cost or whatever it was. $31.79 for me with tax since I'm in Ky.

Anyone heard anything on the print run of this? I am split between picking this up as a nice collectors item and waiting for it to be $10 in 6 months like most games these days ;)

Pre-ordered! I already have them all on Virtual Console (got the first one for free through a Club Nintendo e-mail), can't wait

Only problem is there was no option for Release-Day delivery whatsoever, currently talking with Customer Support to see what happened there.

[quote name='MSI Magus']Anyone heard anything on the print run of this? I am split between picking this up as a nice collectors item and waiting for it to be $10 in 6 months like most games these days ;)[/QUOTE]

It is going to be widely distributed. It probably won't be $10 in six months as Nintendo is aggressive about preventing retailers from dropping prices on their first party games, but it also shouldn't be an item people are grabbing to speculate on. For $30 it's a fair price for what's included, but they will likely be pressing millions of them just like every other first party release.

[quote name='Thrinn']There's always a minor boost in value right after the game goes OOP. It could be an easy way to make $10. Nintendo games are usually the least likely games to see a price drop, especially if it's a limited print run. Zelda still has a MSRP of $50 four years after it came out.

That's right, it's a SMB anniversary, not a Jump-man anniversary. ;)[/QUOTE]

Correct, it's not even a Mario anniversary as Mario Bros. was released 1983. I wonder how many more fake anniversary celebrations Nintendo can create if this one works out well for them financially?

[quote name='pholly']If this game is widely sold it won't be worth anything so why are some people buying 2 copies? If it was only sold at one retailer or through Nintendo's website then it might actually be rare but this won't be. I'll wait for a price drop.[/QUOTE]

one to play and one for the collection.

at 29.99, it's a no brainer for me.

I would have picked this up had it been $49.99 because I love anything mario and these 2d games where the best imho. The virtual console offerings are different too so to have the snes variations on the wii is neat.

FWIW-
"Nintendo says that sales will continue "while supplies last," which makes it sound like there will be only one run of the All-Stars collection."

Just like with the Metroid Prime Trilogy being a Limited Edition, this one is also a Limited Edition. And they proved last time that when they say "Limited", they mean it, they will only make a fixed number of these in a single run, once they are gone, they are gone.

[quote name='Brother Daz']FWIW-
"Nintendo says that sales will continue "while supplies last," which makes it sound like there will be only one run of the All-Stars collection."[/QUOTE]

prob the same as with MPT. I like that Nintendo actually made that limited. I hate limited/collectors editions that have 6 billions prints.

Thanks op, ordered a copy from GS. I had almost forgot about the $20 credit I had from SMG2, and this seemed like an apporpriate game to spend it on. With free shipping and tax total came to about $12.

[quote name='confoosious']prob the same as with MPT. I like that Nintendo actually made that limited. I hate limited/collectors editions that have 6 billions prints.[/QUOTE]

Yes, but MPT was in stock for well over a year and just because something only has one run doesn't mean it's rare. They literally sold millions of copies of MPT. Heck, people are still finding copies of MPT at Toys R Us on clearance. I think this is a neat package, but people that are buying multiple copies in hopes of reselling them down the road are straight up foolish.

Buying a single copy as game I want to replay and introduce to others. If it actually turns out to be rare that is the great, but I'm not counting on it.

Awesome. Used $20 Amazon credit on it to drop it to $10. I still own the original, but my kids I love these games so much, I can't resist buying this...

I'm thinking that they will probably sell just the game after the "limited release" is sold out.

Ie, no music cd or artbook....

[quote name='confoosious']prob the same as with MPT. I like that Nintendo actually made that limited. I hate limited/collectors editions that have 6 billions prints.[/QUOTE]
*cough* Halo 3 Legendary Edition *cough*

[quote name='bojay1997']Correct, it's not even a Mario anniversary as Mario Bros. was released 1983. I wonder how many more fake anniversary celebrations Nintendo can create if this one works out well for them financially?[/QUOTE]

Super Mario Bros was released on September 13th, 1985. How is this year not the 25th anniversary of that game?

[quote name='ssjmichael']Super Mario Bros was released on September 13th, 1985. How is this year not the 25th anniversary of that game?[/QUOTE]

That game didn't really come out, you see. The only Mario games that truly exist are Donkey Kong games and... Oh wait, people complaining about the anniversary are ridiculous. My bad.

Awesome, about time!

I think I may have to pick it up. Even though I don't need anymore of the games, I think it would be nice to have another collection of them as well as all the extra goodies. Plus, I love my Mario, so I have to make sure to keep my Mario games alive and there is no telling when one of the other copies is gonna go!

[quote name='bojay1997']Yes, but MPT was in stock for well over a year and just because something only has one run doesn't mean it's rare. They literally sold millions of copies of MPT. Heck, people are still finding copies of MPT at Toys R Us on clearance. I think this is a neat package, but people that are buying multiple copies in hopes of reselling them down the road are straight up foolish.[/QUOTE]

i like a pristine copy for my collection.

btw, mpt is now selling for 80+

so while it might not pay the mortgage for resllers, i'd rather buy it now than have to shell out more later.

I can't believe SMW isn't included. I really want the extra stuff but I still have a functional, plugged-in SNES with the SMAS + SMW cart stuck in the system right now. I think I'll pass. Why in the name god didn't they at least include SMW? I actually know why but it still pisses me off. Nintendo knows how to make money, don't think for a second that they don't.

[quote name='G3 Steve-O']Anybody find out if Gamestop is taking orders "IN STORE"

I called my local one and they are clueless about what I was talking about.[/QUOTE]
Does that really surprise you?

Whew! Just yesterday I had my finger on the trigger to IMPORT this for $40-50, just for the soundtrack and booklet. I wouldn't even have been able to play the games.

$30 for all this AND the ability to play it is a day-one purchase.

[quote name='eastx']You can go to the back of the line for asking that.[/QUOTE]

It was giving me a "sign up to be notified when available" when I first clicked on the link....tried it again and it allowed me to order. Must have been a glitch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back