Super Mario All-Stars (Wii) - 25th Anniversary Limited Edition Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
it did the second there was some possibility the game might be "omg teh rare."

a gamestop I was just at had received a shipment of 10 copies today. If they came from Nintendo, then I guess we can throw out the one shipment theory

[quote name='ninja dog']it did the second there was some possibility the game might be "omg teh rare."

a gamestop I was just at had received a shipment of 10 copies today. If they came from Nintendo, then I guess we can throw out the one shipment theory[/QUOTE]

The local TRU just got 30 more last night. According to the employee, they were shipped directly from Nintendo as that's how their Nintendo stuff always comes in.

[quote name='ninja dog']it did the second there was some possibility the game might be "omg teh rare."

a gamestop I was just at had received a shipment of 10 copies today. If they came from Nintendo, then I guess we can throw out the one shipment theory[/QUOTE]

I don't understand how you're mocking everyone who talked about it being rare, yet you're going around flipping copies and talking about how mpg affects your bottom line. :roll:

[quote name='confoosious']I don't understand how you're mocking everyone who talked about it being rare, yet you're going around flipping copies and talking about how mpg affects your bottom line. :roll:[/QUOTE]

I was talking about driving around for deals in general. I haven't flipped any copies of this game, as it hasn't even come close to being worth it (and I would be upfront if I did.) I bought two for christmas presents today and one for myself a while ago from AWD, which I got just to check out the mario history book because I love that kind of shit. Maybe it'll be valuable in the future, but for now, it's going on a book shelf.

It'll be a nice day on CAG when you and the other regulars who are on the game flipping witch hunt realize that 1) it's futile to complain because thousands of people view these threads, many of whom flip games and don't post and 2) you guys just shit up threads with whiny bitching and not actually contributing anything because nobody cares about your sense of fairness when it comes to retail shopping (as people with lives have bigger fish to fry.)

Trolling people for talking about it being rare was actually more productive because it may have helped some people realize that Nintendo isn't about to underprint a Mario game that cost them about a dollar to press to a disc and that is selling like crazy.

[quote name='ninja dog']

Trolling people for talking about it being rare was actually more productive because it may have helped some people realize that Nintendo isn't about to underprint a Mario game that cost them about a dollar to press to a disc and that is selling like crazy.[/QUOTE]

Yes, trolling is always productive.

[quote name='confoosious']Yes, trolling is always productive.[/QUOTE]

is there something wrong with flipping games? i know we live in a depressed economy so sometimes you have to make a little extra. btw, i am against buying the entire shelf of games. I don't see anything wrong with flipping 3-5 copies.

[quote name='confoosious']Yes, trolling is always productive.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for indirectly validating the other parts of my post by not responding to them. Later :applause:

[quote name='shaqattack99']is there something wrong with flipping games? i know we live in a depressed economy so sometimes you have to make a little extra. btw, i am against buying the entire shelf of games. I don't see anything wrong with flipping 3-5 copies.[/QUOTE]

a lot of people on CAG flip games to make their own copies cheaper. (B1G1 1/2 off? Buy 2, flip one, get the second one for 75% off...) But there's a whole group of people who take it to another level and brag about flipping tons of copies. We all know this happens but they like to troll by talking about cleaning out an entire store and flipping them. This just pisses other people off who can't even find 1 game at the good deal price.

Overall, I figure if you get to a store late and can't get the deal, that's your own problem. But I also feel that people who just brag about all the shit they flip are purposefully rubbing it into other CAGs faces. No need to do that, methinks.

But mostly I've given up the good fight. No point in raging about it as they will never change their minds. And really, it's not about changing minds or morals. Those trolls LOVE to do it. A couple have been banned for overexuberance but mostly the mods let it go.

But I just found it funny that ninja dog trolled everyone here about how SMAS isn't rare... then bought some.

I went to a few places looking for this and of course couldn't find it. My wife was with me when I went to Gamestop and they told us that they were pretty much just filling pre-orders and most gamestop stores weren't going to even get copies. I screwed up by not pre-ordering as I knew I would get this and didn't really know how "rare" it was going to be.

I saw in my Amazon history that my wife apparently ordered me a copy, which is really sweet of her, but she paid double the price and I hate scalpers. So I might try to find another copy so I can just send the overpriced one back.

*I really hate Nintendo. Why make a game that people actually want and make it in limited quantities? I really want a few Nintendo games that aren't "Wii-i-fied". I get tired of shaking the damn remote and the stupid gimmick. Case in point, Donkey Kong Country Returns. I was so excited to finally get this game as my dad and I spend hours and hours playing the first 3 titles on the SNES when I was a kid. I wanted to play the new one with him but it was just too hard for him because you couldn't turn off the stupid shake crap.

Nintendo, get your crap together*

make sure to check the amazon refund policy. I see a bunch that says no returns acceepted.

[quote name='SpiderHulkThing']I went to a few places looking for this and of course couldn't find it. My wife was with me when I went to Gamestop and they told us that they were pretty much just filling pre-orders and most gamestop stores weren't going to even get copies. I screwed up by not pre-ordering as I knew I would get this and didn't really know how "rare" it was going to be.

I saw in my Amazon history that my wife apparently ordered me a copy, which is really sweet of her, but she paid double the price and I hate scalpers. So I might try to find another copy so I can just send the overpriced one back.

*I really hate Nintendo. Why make a game that people actually want and make it in limited quantities? I really want a few Nintendo games that aren't "Wii-i-fied". I get tired of shaking the damn remote and the stupid gimmick. Case in point, Donkey Kong Country Returns. I was so excited to finally get this game as my dad and I spend hours and hours playing the first 3 titles on the SNES when I was a kid. I wanted to play the new one with him but it was just too hard for him because you couldn't turn off the stupid shake crap.

Nintendo, get your crap together*[/QUOTE]

[quote name='shaqattack99']ah that makes a lot of sense. sorta of like bragging about how mcuh money one makes.[/QUOTE]

Yeah. Or bragging about how much money one won at the poker table.

[quote name='SpiderHulkThing']I went to a few places looking for this and of course couldn't find it. My wife was with me when I went to Gamestop and they told us that they were pretty much just filling pre-orders and most gamestop stores weren't going to even get copies. I screwed up by not pre-ordering as I knew I would get this and didn't really know how "rare" it was going to be.

[/QUOTE]

Amazon resellers are allowed to refund you what you paid MINUS shipping both ways and a 20% restock charge. You're better off keeping it.

[quote name='shaqattack99']is there something wrong with flipping games? i know we live in a depressed economy so sometimes you have to make a little extra. btw, i am against buying the entire shelf of games. I don't see anything wrong with flipping 3-5 copies.[/QUOTE]

I find nothing wrong with people who try to sell games for what they are worth at retail or what was paid for them.

For example, if you get a game for $20 that is $60 retail, go for it. Trying to sell a little more to make up shipping and gas costs is okay in my book as well.

But I absolutely HATE people who get copies and charge way over retail. They can burn in hell. I know I may seem overboard compared to most, but I used to collect action figures and would hate being robbed of the feeling of finding that figure I was looking for etc. only to see them on ebay in my area for three times the price. I stopped collecting action figures because of this kind of crap. Good in the end though I suppose as now I have more time and money for gaming. But I hate seeing people pull this stuff in video games as well, but at least it is much less common.

[quote name='SpiderHulkThing']*I really hate Nintendo. Why make a game that people actually want and make it in limited quantities? I really want a few Nintendo games that aren't "Wii-i-fied". I get tired of shaking the damn remote and the stupid gimmick. Case in point, Donkey Kong Country Returns. I was so excited to finally get this game as my dad and I spend hours and hours playing the first 3 titles on the SNES when I was a kid. I wanted to play the new one with him but it was just too hard for him because you couldn't turn off the stupid shake crap.

Nintendo, get your crap together*[/QUOTE]

DKCR is pretty good, but wholly agree on the forced waggle.

* Yes this is off-topic

* I will post something on-topic

A CAGer helped me get a TRU copy cause I couldnt find any here. I checked on Monday night as well after hearing some stores got other shipments... no go. I guess I could try again tonight one last time (and most likely find another shipment).

[quote name='confoosious']
Amazon resellers are allowed to refund you what you paid MINUS shipping both ways and a 20% restock charge. You're better off keeping it.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the heads up. I guess it will also save me the frustration of having trouble finding a copy at least. I just hope that the copy comes in before x-mas. I just wanted a copy to have something my dad could actually play since Donkey Kong Country Returns was too hard for him. I know he can at least still kick ass in mario as I'm sure there is no stupid shaking.

[quote name='SpiderHulkThing']I find nothing wrong with people who try to sell games for what they are worth at retail or what was paid for them.

For example, if you get a game for $20 that is $60 retail, go for it. Trying to sell a little more to make up shipping and gas costs is okay in my book as well.

But I absolutely HATE people who get copies and charge way over retail. They can burn in hell. I know I may seem overboard compared to most, but I used to collect action figures and would hate being robbed of the feeling of finding that figure I was looking for etc. only to see them on ebay in my area for three times the price. I stopped collecting action figures because of this kind of crap. Good in the end though I suppose as now I have more time and money for gaming. But I hate seeing people pull this stuff in video games as well, but at least it is much less common.[/QUOTE]

What about when you buy a game and it drops in price?

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='SpiderHulkThing']Thanks for the heads up. I guess it will also save me the frustration of having trouble finding a copy at least. I just hope that the copy comes in before x-mas. I just wanted a copy to have something my dad could actually play since Donkey Kong Country Returns was too hard for him. I know he can at least still kick ass in mario as I'm sure there is no stupid shaking.[/QUOTE]

have you tried using target's website? if you have bunch of targets in your area, you can cech to see if it's in stock in stores. i have about 10 targets within 20 miles.

[quote name='bojay1997']That's exactly the kind of flawed thinking that causes small business owners to go bankrupt every day. Unless you are someone that bikes to Toys R Us or lives right next to one, chances are you have to drive to get there. At $3.30 a gallon in California right now plus maintenance costs for those extra miles, you have to put that into the equation and while you might get some extra money in your pocket temporarily, when you get your credit card bill at the end of the month, you still have to pay for the gas and regular car maintenance (tires, brakes, oil changes, etc...).[/QUOTE]

Again, nominal costs. My car needs gas regardless of whether I drive an extra 5 minutes to get to TRU. If, at the end of it, I'm putting $5-15 in my pocket after costs, that's considered profitable. Not sure what's so difficult to comprehend.

[quote name='Ardrid']Again, nominal costs. My car needs gas regardless of whether I drive an extra 5 minutes to get to TRU. If, at the end of it, I'm putting $5-15 in my pocket after costs, that's considered profitable. Not sure what's so difficult to comprehend.[/QUOTE]

Don't forget the 40% you have to pay the IRS for the money earned ;)

[quote name='Pookymeister']Don't forget the 40% you have to pay the IRS for the money earned ;)[/QUOTE]

i don't think you pay taxes if it's less than $10K.

What I posted earlier was directly from our reps mouth, and he has been working for Nintendo for 5 years. I will say this though, we did get 3 copies in today, but that was it. We only got 10 the first shipment though.

I did buy one though.

[quote name='shaqattack99']i don't think you pay taxes if it's less than $10K.[/QUOTE]

Not an expert, but pretty sure its more like $400. At least for self-employment tax - then for state/fed its more like $6000, with that $6000 including earnings from any other job you might have.

went to get this last week at gamestop. the guy told me unless i preordered it i couldnt get it. that was sunday. i go back friday and he tells me the same thing. i was mad because they never hold preorders that long. well the girl manager tells me some bs story about nintendo telling gs to only fill preorders. i walked out went to walmart they had 15 copies. there was plenty of copies at other stores then gs. the wholsale club i go to had 50 copies out on saturday the 18th

[quote name='soonersfan60']I believe it's limited, but I don't believe only 100K copies...[/QUOTE]

It was reported that SMAS sold around 307k in japan first weekend/week of release.

So im guessing 400-500k probably were made for NA. Which isnt really alot when its a high demand item.

Just looked it up on vgchartz

307k first week
113k 2nd week

8 weeks total sales 710k copies sold in japan.

Any online retailers with it or Wal-mart/Sams Club/Costco the best bet? Just got my wife a Red Wii yesterday for Christmas and want to surprise her with this.

No go on the Sams Club, the guy didn't even know it came out and was telling me about his friend who gets him illegal games, way to go Sams Club lol

[quote name='Downhome']My cousin works in electronics in a Walmart in Nashville and just sent me a text that they just got a shipment of these in.[/QUOTE]

2nd shipment = teh common

I wish places would do a decent job of packing it. Walmart sent it in a box, but it had white scrapes, and Newegg just sent it in a bubble mailer. I wanted to have one graded.

[quote name='tranceFusion']Staring at my sealed copy and the $60 going rate..

Any reason not to dump this thing, pick them up on VC, and be $40 richer?[/QUOTE]

I would if I were you. There are plenty of other cheaper ways to play the games included. Plus, I'm sure it'll probably be atleast half in price a year from now.

my wife just told me they dont have the SKU anymore at her store.

we tried ordering more, to no avail.

i doubt thisll be half price a year from now.

thats what alot people said about metroid prime trilogy.

[quote name='StripesOrBars']my wife just told me they dont have the SKU anymore at her store.

we tried ordering more, to no avail.

i doubt thisll be half price a year from now.

thats what alot people said about metroid prime trilogy.[/QUOTE]

Not to be a dick, but I picked up my copy of Prime Trilogy CE from Amazon for [FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica][SIZE=-1]$28.96

Also, for anyone still looking, the Micro Center in Santa Clara, CA had a couple as of a few days ago.
[/SIZE][/FONT]

Last edited by a moderator:
Pretty much every Kmart store I stop at has Metroid Prime Trilogy CE in stock. Granted that has only been a few stores as I don't really shop at Kmart and they are still at retail price ($49.99), but I keep seeing them lately. Also had several Fire Emblems, etc. These Super Mario-All Stars sold VERY slowly around here when they first came out. I was at the stores frequently and kept seeing lots of them and then it seemed like almost overnight they were wiped out at the stores. I haven't seen any for like 10 days.

[quote name='tekalien88']Not to be a dick, but I picked up my copy of Prime Trilogy CE from Amazon for [FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica][SIZE=-1]$28.96
[/SIZE][/FONT][/QUOTE][FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica][SIZE=-1]

awesome, im gonna assume it was used.

i got earthbound for $5 from the flea market about 2 months ago.

doesnt change the fact that the game is still worth around $100.

[/SIZE][/FONT][quote name='tekalien88']
[FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica][SIZE=-1] Also, for anyone still looking, the Micro Center in Santa Clara, CA had a couple as of a few days ago.
[/SIZE][/FONT][/QUOTE]
i havent seen any copies since i got mine from kmart like 6 months ago.

even then it was surprising to see it.

if i were you, id be buying them all up for $50 and selling them for $80 on ebay.

thats me tho, i have bills.

[quote name='tranceFusion']any other evidence this thing is sold out for good?[/QUOTE]

Haven't been out to any of the stores around me recently but I can tell you that it's averaging $60-70 on eBay now. Funny all those ppl claiming it would sell for $10 over MSRP at best.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back